Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Thouhastbinpwnd

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Thouhastbinpwnd »

"Hey, Aunty S?" Called Rover from his door way. "I'm going to look around the town. I'll be back for dinner." Rover walked out into the street and looked around. Hmmmm where to go? Ooh! Is that a video store? I need some good movies! He walked over to the store and walked in. When he noticed the new pets he decided to introduce himself. "Hello, do you know where the 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' is?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno grinned "Thats a good movie, probably either in SciFi or here in Comedy" he said "Name's Reno, Reno Crawley" he held out a paw in greeting "Love your hat by the way" he smiled "It looks really nice on you"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"It's nice to see a Douglas Adams fan.". He said as he continued rummaging through a shelf of movies. He smiled. "Or is it just the movie? Either way it's nice to meet ya. Trigger Jackson.". Trigger gave a nod hello before resuming his movie searching.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Thouhastbinpwnd

"The name's Rover. Thank you, it's my dads. As for Adams I'm not the fan, my aunt is." said Rover to the two pets befor him. They seem friendly enough.... Let's see where this goes. "What all does this town have to offer?" He said in a relaxed tone.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Well its got an arcade, a bookstore, bakery, a cafe, a theatre, and a pet store that I work at" Reno grinned "I work not because someone wants me to, its because, well, I live alone" he chuckled "Gotta keep gas in my bike, ya know"
Pet Friendly:
Thouhastbinpwnd

"That bike was yours? I thought some gang member lived there...." Said rover feeling a little shamed. "My dad drove a Bentley...." He said, looking down sullenly.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno placed a paw on Rover's shoulder "You've lost someone too... Haven't you..." he pointed to his bandana "I lost my owner Jenna and her parents..." he said "I know what you're going through.... How long ago did you lose him?" he asked looking into his eyes "I lost my Jenna a year ago... " he used his other paw to lift Roger's chin up "You ever need someone to talk to... You let me know kay..."
Pet Friendly:
Thouhastbinpwnd

Rover smiled slightly. "Thank you for your condolences, I lost him 5 months ago..." Rover looked up again, "Anyway, the arcade sounds good. One second." He walked to the sifi section and got the "More than Complete Guide to the Galaxy", went to the counter, paid for it, and walked back to the other pets. "It's for my aunt, like I said before she's a huge fan."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger reappeared from the horror section with a weak smile. "Nope, nope, nothing interesting there. Just looking at the cover..." He cringed dramatically. Then he noticed the glum looks on the other pets faces. "Hey, you guys alright? You kinda look... down."

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh I kid!]" Iudex chuckled, "I know of video games. I may not be terribly social, but I am aware of the modern world." he began to descend the stairs, leading Cruiser with him, "Do not fear something too malevalent, we won't be followed so long as I am here."

Iudex dragged Cruiser through the door that lead from the attic to the coat-room, "I don't know if many people will believe your video, most do not believe in demons. Now come along." he walked out of the house's grand doors
Thouhastbinpwnd

"Oh, it's nothing," Said Rover, regaining his composure, "Me and Reno were talking about heading for the arcade. Well, we didn't talk about it persay... I more of suggested it.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Leafolawl wrote:
“Don’t look!” The frantic wolfhound shouted as she held her friend’s arm in a death grip. They raced out the doorway past Plamen. Zaya only opened her eyes once she knew they were well outside the room. “We have to leave! Now!” Her voice carried a critical tone, and she kept moving, retracing her steps back to the only real exit the building had...
Skya didn't have much time to think when Zaya grabbed her arm and started leading her out of the room. All she could really do was be dragged along until she got her footing, clenching tightly to the cross in her paw. Once they passed Plamen, she got her footing, and started running alongside Zaya. "That was AWESOME!" She yelled as the shrieks from the computers slowly faded.
Plamen followed the two females shortly after, trying to keep focused on following them instead of a sudden flashback from his past.

{OOC: Writer's block...}
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Y-yeah, lets go to the arcade, on me, I have a membership card so I get free arcade plays this month" Reno chuckled "Again courtesy of Mr.Caspian" he said "But I need to drop my stuff off at the aparment, right quick, I can give it to the front desk and they'll take it up" he smiled
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger nodded quietly in agreement. "Ok.". He gave the others a concerned look before stacking the movies on top of the book pile and carefully carried them out of the store.

Ref Ref!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Without waiting on anyone else, Soren quickly began to climb down and was soon off the building. He wanted nothing more than to get away from there and explore something else.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno stopped at the entance of the apartment "I'll be right back you two" he said and ran inside to the front desk "Hey I need you to run these up to room 316" he asked, the man at the counter gave a nod "Thanks sir" Reno smiled and left a tip before running back outside to the two "Kay lets get to the arcade" he grinned
Pet Friendly:
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Esper wrote:"Oh I kid!" Iudex chuckled, "I know of video games. I may not be terribly social, but I am aware of the modern world." he began to descend the stairs, leading Cruiser with him, "Do not fear something too malevalent, we won't be followed so long as I am here."

Iudex dragged Cruiser through the door that lead from the attic to the coat-room, "I don't know if many people will believe your video, most do not believe in demons. Now come along." he walked out of the house's grand doors

Cruiser nearly lost footing when Iudex got a hold of him and started dragging him back out of the house. He was probably downing his soda a little quicker than he should have. He took another sip of what he had left. “At least I know someone will…oh man, actually that might be a bad idea…”

Once they were outside, Cruiser downed the last of his second soda. *Urp* So, an arcade it is...The one I like best is at the end of main street. Called “Red Star Arcade”, it’s a part of one of the city’s older shopping plazas. There’s a smaller one tha’s probably closer, but that one’s bigger and has better games...”

--

“We have to go!” Zaya quickly navigated through the dark building, only having small visual hints of what she’d passed coming in to determine the way out. She wouldn’t dare stop moving now, not after that ‘attack’ which occurred in the other room.

Well after the scrams of the electronics had ceased, the three animals finally came to the front desk of the school, and just ahead of them the front doors, which had been forced ajar just a tiny bit.

“This way!” Zaya motioned for them to follow. She did a quick glance out into the courtyard before squeezing past the doors and waiting for her friends, looking about cautiously for signs of the animal police which had apparently tailed them.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Marcus watched Soren climb down the side of the building

well #### here goes nothing., he took a deep breath and started to climb down slowly, trying his best to emulate what he'd just seen the other dog do. When he finally reached the ground he let out a sigh of releif and looked at Soren, Let's hurry up and find cruiser so we can get the #### out of here.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger turned around and followed Reno and Rover. "Cool, so its like room service. Except with books and stuff and not food." He looked up at a tall skyscraper. ''Geez... i cant get over how tall these buildings are." Trigger clapped his hands together. "Arcade. Wonder what games they have."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"It has a bunch of them old ones, new ones, and even a couple of classics" Reno smiled "I plan on playing a couple of rounds on DDR myself, maybe some MK, heck even Gran Torismo..." he chuckled "And I'm not even that good at racing games" he giggled "I love DDR though" he smiled and danced around a little while walking
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:“We have to go!” Zaya quickly navigated through the dark building, only having small visual hints of what she’d passed coming in to determine the way out. She wouldn’t dare stop moving now, not after that ‘attack’ which occurred in the other room.

Well after the scrams of the electronics had ceased, the three animals finally came to the front desk of the school, and just ahead of them the front doors, which had been forced ajar just a tiny bit.

“This way!” Zaya motioned for them to follow. She did a quick glance out into the courtyard before squeezing past the doors and waiting for her friends, looking about cautiously for signs of the animal police which had apparently tailed them.
"How often have you met with cops?" Plamen asked as he managed to catch up with the females "And are they all so annoying?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Seth wrote:Marcus watched Soren climb down the side of the building

well #### here goes nothing., he took a deep breath and started to climb down slowly, trying his best to emulate what he'd just seen the other dog do. When he finally reached the ground he let out a sigh of releif and looked at Soren, Let's hurry up and find cruiser so we can get the #### out of here.
Selina watched as Marcus climbed down after Soren. "Well, I guess we may as well follow. I'll wait at the bottom, Matt."
She began to climb down.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matt took one last look down the dark hall, then nodded. "Yeah .. let's get going." As Selina started to climb down, he waited for a few moments, finally following when she was about halfway down. But as he went to step out, Matthias tripped.

For a bare instant, he fell through open space.

And hit the ground in the dark.

The scruffy retriever scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding. The sudden movement sent pain lancing through his skull. He lost his balance, stumbled forward, and slumped against a wall. "Owowowowow..." His words echoed faintly. Breathing slowly, he reached into one pocket of his backpack and pulled out his flashlight. He took it in one slightly trembling paw and flicked it on. The flickering beam of light illuminated ...

... the stairwell.

"Oh ... son of a charming young woman..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Selina was confused. she was sure she had seen Matt coming after her, but she blinked and he was gone. must be residual effects from the staircase. When she got to the ground with the others, she called up "You can come down any day now, Matt!"
When there was no response, she pulled her phone out of her collar to call him, but it was out of power. "Carp, I just charged this thing."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger smiled as he watched Reno dance around. He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah... I'm not so great with that game. I'll admit its fun. Until i trip or fall, which is what usually happens." He clumsily tried to copy Reno's footsteps, stumbled, fell, and landed on his back. The husky laughed and looked at the sky. "It'd be cool if they have Time Crisis." He held up a nonexistent gun with both hands and shot at imaginary targets in the clouds. "What about you Rover? What games do you like?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex archived the information Cruiser gave him unto his memory "Come this way..." Iudex pulled Cruiser into the wooded and walked for a while, "And please refrain from belching around me, that sort of thing disturb me to no end." he added, trying not to offend Cruiser

After a while, the two pets walked out of the woods and into a park near a theatre. Iudex stopped and tried to catch his breath, "Here *huf* we *huf* are, out of the forest..." he continued to huf and reached into his satchel, pulling out a pill and swallowing it, instantly stopping his wheezing
Thouhastbinpwnd

"I like racing games." said Rover curtly, though he had been walking with them he decided to keep quiet until he was talked to directly. "Shooting games are fun too, but I can't play them cause I actually saw a real gun fight." he said looking into the distance. "My dad was in a shoot out with some thugs who wanted him out of the picture. He won, but it was terrifying."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The Moon Howler wrote:
D-Singer wrote:“We have to go!” Zaya quickly navigated through the dark building, only having small visual hints of what she’d passed coming in to determine the way out. She wouldn’t dare stop moving now, not after that ‘attack’ which occurred in the other room.

"How often have you met with cops?" Plamen asked as he managed to catch up with the females "And are they all so annoying?"
Skya slipped through the door shortly after Zaya, and put her left paw on her knee while the other one went around her stomach as she tried to catch her breath. "More often... then I'd like." Skya said between gasps for air. "She's actually the worst... one in town, and usually I don't run... away from even her, but I think I got a small cup of tea by mistake. Also, that computer room was AWESOME! My ears are still ringing!" She added as she started laughing, to be quickly interrupted by her stomach. "I really need to remember to eat breakfast." She said sheepishly.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Matt took one last look down the dark hall, then nodded. "Yeah .. let's get going." As Selina started to climb down, he waited for a few moments, finally following when she was about halfway down. But as he went to step out, Matthias tripped.

The scruffy retriever scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding. The sudden movement sent pain lancing through his skull. He lost his balance, stumbled forward, and slumped against a wall. "Owowowowow..." His words echoed faintly. Breathing slowly, he reached into one pocket of his backpack and pulled out his flashlight. He took it in one slightly trembling paw and flicked it on. The flickering beam of light illuminated ...

... the stairwell.

"Do you have Cruiser's phone number?" Soren asked, unsure of how best to proceed.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
Coatl_Ruu wrote:Matt took one last look down the dark hall, then nodded. "Yeah .. let's get going." As Selina started to climb down, he waited for a few moments, finally following when she was about halfway down. But as he went to step out, Matthias tripped.

... the stairwell.

"Do you have Cruiser's phone number?" Soren asked, unsure of how best to proceed.
No, I don't know him that well. #### I have no idea how we're gonna find him. He turned to Selina, Your friend's been up there for a while, do yo uthink he needs help?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"knowing him, he's probably taking more pictures or something." she rolled her eyesand sighed. "I guess we should go back."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matthias stood frozen in the near-total blackness. "Hey, guys?" he called out. "Anyone there?" As if in answer, a faint scratching sound echoed down the stairwell, probably from a few levels above him. "Selina?" he tried again. "You there?" The scratching and tapping continued, sounding like it was on the level right above him now. The retriever's heart began to race. "Someone?"

Scritch-scritch-scratch. Scritch-scritch-scratch. Matthias slowly started toward the stairs, away from the sound. "A-anyone?"

Something slammed down onto the landing, maybe five feet away.

Matthias ran.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Thouhastbinpwnd wrote:"I like racing games." said Rover curtly, though he had been walking with them he decided to keep quiet until he was talked to directly. "Shooting games are fun too, but I can't play them cause I actually saw a real gun fight." he said looking into the distance. "My dad was in a shoot out with some thugs who wanted him out of the picture. He won, but it was terrifying."
Trigger sat up and looked at Rover. "Wow. Sounds intense. But pretty cool. Is your dad a cop or something?" He stood up and took off his headphones, examining one of the large earphones that fit over the ear. He frowned when he found it had a scratch.

Ref Ref!
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Leafolawl wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote: "How often have you met with cops?" Plamen asked as he managed to catch up with the females "And are they all so annoying?"
Skya slipped through the door shortly after Zaya, and put her left paw on her knee while the other one went around her stomach as she tried to catch her breath. "More often... then I'd like." Skya said between gasps for air. "She's actually the worst... one in town, and usually I don't run... away from even her, but I think I got a small cup of tea by mistake. Also, that computer room was AWESOME! My ears are still ringing!" She added as she started laughing, to be quickly interrupted by her stomach. "I really need to remember to eat breakfast." She said sheepishly.
Zaya seemed to be distracted from the conversation between Skya and Plamen. She was still carefully watching and listening for anyone else that could be around. But nobody was in sight, and the only sounds that could be heard were those from the further, more active parts of the city. She approached Skya again, no obvious emotions to speak of.

“Skya...my cross?” She held her paw out tentatively in front of her. “You still have it, don’t you?”

--
Esper wrote:Iudex archived the information Cruiser gave him unto his memory "Come this way..." Iudex pulled Cruiser into the wooded and walked for a while, "And please refrain from belching around me, that sort of thing disturb me to no end." he added, trying not to offend Cruiser

After a while, the two pets walked out of the woods and into a park near a theatre. Iudex stopped and tried to catch his breath, "Here *huf* we *huf* are, out of the forest..." he continued to huf and reached into his satchel, pulling out a pill and swallowing it, instantly stopping his wheezing
“Yeesh, fine, and you can quit draggin’ me I’m pretty sure I could run laps around you.” Cruiser said sounding a bit irritated. There was no more conversation during the long walk through the woods. Upon finally exiting them Cruiser piped up. “Dang, you planning on walking to the arcade? That’s gonna take forever at this rate. Main street is way off from these suburbs.”

The shepherd spied an open dumpster a short distance away and lobbed his empty soda bottle at it. The container bounced off the back lid and clattered as it dropped in. “Whoa, you taking meds?” Cruiser asked at seeing Iudex pop a capsule into his mouth.
Last edited by D-Singer on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh hell, really? Well, I suppose that's what I get for trying to lead." Iudex secretly cursed himself, "And yes, I must take a pill for my breathing, I have a few lung problems." He tried his best to produce an amiable grin, but failed

"Well, could you take me to an arcade around here?" Iudex spotted a pale, mask-like face behind the dumpster, but dismissed it, "Or perhaps we see something else nearby?"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"knowing him, he's probably taking more pictures or something." she rolled her eyesand sighed. "I guess we should go back."
Looking up, Soren saw a wall behind them. He could climb it and look in. "I'm gonna climb up a bit and look," the husky said, jumping up onto the wall behind him and quickly climbing it. It had a lot of handholds, so he made good progress. At the top, he couldn't see their missing friend. He called down, "he's not in there!"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Oh....well, that sucks...Y'know, we could just find a bus stop. Most all the ones out here run into the city, and they’re all likely to make stops at some point on Main Street. C’mon, let’s go.” Cruiser began leading, despite having very limited knowledge of the area. Still, finding a bus stop should be a simple task. Cruiser led them along a sidewalk for roughly 10 minutes before finding one at a street corner near an old liquor store. “Huh, now that I think about it...the further you are from the city the longer the wait is between busses. What time is it?” Cruiser looked up and about questioningly.
Thouhastbinpwnd

Roarin wrote:Trigger sat up and looked at Rover. "Wow. Sounds intense. But pretty cool. Is your dad a cop or something?" He stood up and took off his headphones, examining one of the large earphones that fit over the ear. He frowned when he found it had a scratch.
"Not quite," Said Rover, "He was a police detective. He was good at his job, but he didn't want to move out of the field work." with a curt smile he looked at the other to pets, "Enough of this, where's the nearest arcade?" he said as he tucked the DVD under his fedora.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Well the one we're headed to is the Red Star Arcade...Thats the one I have a card for" Reno smiled "There IS a closer one but it doesn't have card service and it has WAY less games..." he chuckled "Its more of a pinball arcade really..." he sighed "Red Star is worth the walk though" he grinned "As a matter of fact we're almost there I believe"
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger stood back up and followed the other two pets. "Cool." He clapped his hands together. "Sounds pretty big." He looked around at the buildings as they walked by, trying to scout for the arcade.

Ref Ref!