HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sasha laughs at the fox's predicament.
"You are alvays keeping vater around for just such an occasion, da?" he jokingly asks the gorilla.

Dinara is not so happy. Having been leaning further forward in her seat she's just gotten a face full of water, although the rest of her is dry. This only adds to Sasha's amusement.

~~~~~~~~
Arina automatically reaches up to scritch the tiny dragon again.
"I hope he is not corrupted by zis power you have given him." she jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog gave a small wave of Khun before turning to address the older wolf keeping watch over the food. "Fine fine. There's probably some other food trucks around anyways that we could get a bite from afterwards." Flint grumbled, finishing off the last of the dried meat before standing up and turning to the ghost now made pup. "You must've been down there a long time eh Batry? A whole bunch probably changed for you since you've been to the surface. Wanna go and check things out while Khun gets us some booze?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm ready for anything on this island," Levi replied. "let's do this."
The man hopped aboard, then motioned for Levi to do the same.
"Ok, now you come. Once aboard, release the hawser. Let's see if you can manage a simple knot."
---
xhunterko wrote:Luke stopped whipping and pulled the horse to a stop. Even though they WERE just a few houses away from home.
"Heh heh alright bud alright, guess we can stop a bit," Luke said, then he whistled to the ladies. Who had trotted their way into the pasture.
"Alright girls! I guess this is a loss! This time!" Luke yelled. Amber trotted the mare back so she was facing Luke.
"Well well well I guess we learned our lesson eh?" Amber said grinning, then she kissed Luke, then the horse.
"Poor thing," she said, "And good on you Boomer! Do you have race horse genes by any chance?" Luke gave his horse head and neck rubs to say thank you.
"Well, we spend our time in the wild instead of stables," Boomer answered. "So we are more used to trotting and running around than our 'civilized' peers." She walked to a stream and started drinking, soon imitated by Botticelli. "Have you two tried our dustbaths already? We really need some."
---
xhunterko wrote:"Thank you kind sir, now, if you'll excuse me a moment," Khun said. He got up and left for the back storage. As soon as the door closed behind him the tears began. He quickly found a dark corner to curl up in. He hadn't had a break down in a long while. He let the tears polish the dust off the floor. Trying not to make too much noise sobbing.
Cookies. She made cookies one time and put them in the pantry. That must've set him off, he thought to himself.
A shiny blue light appeared on his hand. It hovered on his head, before a series of thoughts interminxed with his own mind.
Disharmony/Restlessness/Unbalance/Unknwon/Unknown/Share
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"Well of course not, I wasn't gonna but since you asked," Akki said, dipping the fish in the mix. She carried him back upstairs to the kitchen and, finding the necessary pokers and stands and logs and a fire pit next to the center sink, set the fish on the fire to cook.
She sat there a minute, thinking.
"I suppose, I must learn some magic," she said aloud, wondering about it.
"That is why you should eat divine flesh," said the roasting creature. "It will give you communion and a bit of mana to spend in your lessons. What kind of magic intrigues you, my Madonna?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Savant raised a finger.
"No problem at all, except, however, that is not the point," he said, "You see, our tribe is located in between two oceans. We are friendly with the tribes on both sides and have discussed mergers before. What we would like to demonstrate is that we can trade via the sea, back and forth. That is why we would like to start a new one. Not only to provide food, but also trade. NOT that we don't want to work together with humans, of course, but, ah, you see our reasoning."
"A tribe-to-tribe trading. Now that is an interesting line of reasoning, Sir. I will gladly provide you with navigational maps and weather charts, so you can have an idea of the best seasons to move around. The fishermen community will help you build your own fleet, but you must first ask for they lycaons' permission to find and cut down and use any tree. Much as peace-loving people they are, they also take very seriously their role of life-defenders.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Sasha laughs at the fox's predicament.
"You are alvays keeping vater around for just such an occasion, da?" he jokingly asks the gorilla.
Dinara is not so happy. Having been leaning further forward in her seat she's just gotten a face full of water, although the rest of her is dry. This only adds to Sasha's amusement.
"You have no idea. That crazy fox," he pointed at Loki, who was busy squeezing his tail dry as if was a mop, "would set a desert on fire just to show off."
"You are just jealous cuz once I set on fire my--"
"Don't! Or I'll slap you silly again."
Loki gave her a raspberry.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Arina automatically reaches up to scritch the tiny dragon again.
"I hope he is not corrupted by zis power you have given him." she jokes.
"Nah, no power. I just gave him a happy dream for a while. I did it once, with a baby mortal, and as an adult he became one great imaginative talent.
---
Roarin wrote:The dog gave a small wave of Khun before turning to address the older wolf keeping watch over the food. "Fine fine. There's probably some other food trucks around anyways that we could get a bite from afterwards." Flint grumbled, finishing off the last of the dried meat before standing up and turning to the ghost now made pup. "You must've been down there a long time eh Batry? A whole bunch probably changed for you since you've been to the surface. Wanna go and check things out while Khun gets us some booze?"
"Ah...d'ye minde if ah just hang with y'all? I mean...I'm not sure I want to explore the big worlde all alone. Right now, that is..." He gulped, nervously
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I had the privilege of having a dust shower," Amber said, patting her mare's neck and rubbing down her forehead, "The water ways of this city is amazing. Good girl, good girl." She then leaned over, and kissed Luke again.

"I have not," Luke said, then he turned to Raijda, and kissed her, "Not too bumpy for you?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Khun sighed as his tears calmed down.

"Grieving. Death, death. I lost, a, er, wife," he stated quietly, laying on his back in the dim light, "I hadn't, had, a breakdown, like that, in, in, sniff, a while now. Young. We. Were too young. I think."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mantauq nodded.

"And of course, there's always our trading partner's ships should we fail to get permission," He said. Then his ears began to twitch this way and that way....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akki removed, then plated the fish, using a knife to cut into it, slowly chewing her first bite.

"Normally, I'd eat you raw," she said, "But, we are civilized now, so we ought to act like it, heh." Then she pondered a moment.

"Nothing like Erebus's," She said, "Having two users of the same magic isn't a good defense. I wouldn't want to join some, ah, group to study a long while. I like to teach myself ya know? What kinds are there?" She swallowed a piece of the fish and nodded.

"Not bad," she said, "I suppose I'll have to go through each barrel and jar and see what's in there. That'll be a day and a half. Ah well."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"I had the privilege of having a dust shower," Amber said, patting her mare's neck and rubbing down her forehead, "The water ways of this city is amazing. Good girl, good girl." She then leaned over, and kissed Luke again.
"I have not," Luke said, then he turned to Raijda, and kissed her, "Not too bumpy for you?"
The panthress chuckled. "Please, husband: Rajida rode the wildest horses of Arabia under the fiercest sun. This is like a kid's ride. No offense meant, good friend," she added to Botticelli.
"None taken. Tourists like us also for that: Slow, steady, and not too bumpy when riding."
xhunterko wrote:Khun sighed as his tears calmed down.
"Grieving. Death, death. I lost, a, er, wife," he stated quietly, laying on his back in the dim light, "I hadn't, had, a breakdown, like that, in, in, sniff, a while now. Young. We. Were too young. I think."
The blue light, the alien creature that had followed from an ancient Mars, couldn't physically manifest its puzzlement. Death/transition. Death/union. Death/Growth. Share. and at the touch of the light, the cantina dissolved. the island disappeared.
Khun was on Mars, when the oceans teemed with life, when the solar system's largest canyon was a river of untamed proportions.
And things that looked like immense medusae floated in those pure waters untainted by Man.
And one of them was dying. It was not floating. It was laying on the bottom, its own natural light slowly fading. Its body didn't look like liquid mother-of-pearl, it looked wrinkled, like rotting paper. Soon, it would feed the bottom's microfauna...but yet, there was light and life in its bulbous body.
A sack was pulsating stronger and stronger while the rest of the body slowly died, giving its enegies to that final moment...
Explosion! Like a grenade the sack went off, and its shrapnels, hurried in every direction, some to be fagocitated by the adults and share the knowledge accumulated in their dead brethren's DNA, others to go explore the new world, to grow and learn and wait to die before giving their own communion to the species... The final gift of Death and Life!
xhunterko wrote:Akki removed, then plated the fish, using a knife to cut into it, slowly chewing her first bite.
"Normally, I'd eat you raw," she said, "But, we are civilized now, so we ought to act like it, heh." Then she pondered a moment.
"Nothing like Erebus's," She said, "Having two users of the same magic isn't a good defense. I wouldn't want to join some, ah, group to study a long while. I like to teach myself ya know? What kinds are there?" She swallowed a piece of the fish and nodded.
"Not bad," she said, "I suppose I'll have to go through each barrel and jar and see what's in there. That'll be a day and a half. Ah well."
"Thank you," said what was left of the fish. "But, my dear, if there is one thing that history taught to *everyone* on Tricana is: never learn magic by yourself. You do not have idea of how subtle the forces of entropy are. The rabbits may be under curse, but still they keep their senses honed on those who try to bypass the rules.
"You don't have to follow your husband's path in magic, yet you cannot go unsupervised."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

After watching his messengers leave Anubis sighed with some relief looking off to the far reach's of the island before he took to the path road and began making his way to town to see mister spencer in person, a lone German shepard wearing a matching kevlar and a out of place metal Morion helmet on top was at his side reading a book on more modern day items and places. he mumbled to himself about how germany had taken quite the turn making Anubis role his eyes some with a giggle. "So ve are zeeing zis mista spencies ja?"

Yes thats right, long we keep the path it shouldnt take long to get to town. why?

the shepard was silent like the howling wind as he peered up once then shook his head. The way he moved made ANubis think the german was thinking about food now.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Ah...d'ye minde if ah just hang with y'all? I mean...I'm not sure I want to explore the big worlde all alone. Right now, that is..." He gulped, nervously
"Of course you can! Y'know back when I was in New York I hung out with a gang of strays. Not sure if I'd still be alive if it weren't for us all stickin' together." Flint grinned, patting the newly resurrected pup on the shoulder. "So I get it, us versus the world Barty!"

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:The man hopped aboard, then motioned for Levi to do the same.
"Ok, now you come. Once aboard, release the hawser. Let's see if you can manage a simple knot."
"you don't go on the adventures i have without dealing with a knot or two," the cat replied, stepping onto the boat and turning to untie it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"You have no idea. That crazy fox," he pointed at Loki, who was busy squeezing his tail dry as if was a mop, "would set a desert on fire just to show off."
"You are just jealous cuz once I set on fire my--"
"Don't! Or I'll slap you silly again."
Loki gave her a raspberry.
"I sink Loki is very appropriate name for him, da?" Sasha grins, being somewhat familiar with Norse mythology thanks to a superhero movie he watched on a plane on the way to the island. Dinara, having picked a different movie, just looks confused.

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Nah, no power. I just gave him a happy dream for a while. I did it once, with a baby mortal, and as an adult he became one great imaginative talent.
"Ah, I see. You sink maybe zis vill make Feliks creative too?" Arina asks as the cart bumps along.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Of course you can! Y'know back when I was in New York I hung out with a gang of strays. Not sure if I'd still be alive if it weren't for us all stickin' together." Flint grinned, patting the newly resurrected pup on the shoulder. "So I get it, us versus the world Barty!"
"I like that! I hope my family still remember me. I mean, 's been so long since I died... You never died, you?"
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"you don't go on the adventures i have without dealing with a knot or two," the cat replied, stepping onto the boat and turning to untie it.
The man nodded as he looked at the cat working with ease. Once the boat was free, he went to the oars and started rowing. "Good start. Now, see that net? Unfold it, easy and slow, you don't want to make a mess. While you unfold it...see that can? it contains bait, excellent for small fishes. The bait comes in the tinies bits. You rub'em on the net while you unfold it, just make sure you won't rub it all over the net. We want to catch some, for a decent meal, not to depredate the sea. So it's you and your sense of measure while you work.
"Let the net sink in the water once you rubbed the bait over the cords. All clear?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"I sink Loki is very appropriate name for him, da?" Sasha grins, being somewhat familiar with Norse mythology thanks to a superhero movie he watched on a plane on the way to the island. Dinara, having picked a different movie, just looks confused.
The fox grinned widely. "I chose the name myself. neat, eh? I mean, he's completely misunderstood. And he sired a horse and the most awesome wolf! How could you not love him!? And you? Do you have some favorite divinity? Don't be afraid to speak, the local big guy won't mind."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, I see. You sink maybe zis vill make Feliks creative too?" Arina asks as the cart bumps along.
The tiny dragon winked at her. "That's for you to decide. Good parents will let their sons' soul grow, Bad parents will stifle it."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ah, there you are, taking the long way I see, nothing wrong with that, it's just I told Spencers you'd be right behind me," Monique said, sitting atop Anubis's head.
Luke's family eventually made they're way into the pasture stables. There, he quietly closed the door behind them.
Khun brushed away the vision with a paw, annoyed.

"This is just part of the grieving process," Khun said, "Part of saying goodbye. Usually, it takes about 3 years to end the process. I'm only on year two and a half. So, breakdowns like this are, while not common as they were right after death, are still likely. We generally then go on, because we need to."

Khun got up, using the nearby barrel for support.

"I don't usually do well after one of these," Khun said, then he looked up, "Lord Hubert, if I may, is there a water tap inside this room? Or building? Will you guide me towards it? Please?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akki sighed.

"Oh very well," she said, then she looked down, at the mostly eaten fish! There was only half a fillet out of six left! A paw went to an open mouth. Then she giggled. She finished the rest with a happy sigh.

"Well then, how should I learn what's available?" She asked the fish's head.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, I have not really given it much sought." Sasha admits.
"Bastet." Dinara answers, not having to think about it much.
"Who?"
"Bastet. Ancient Egyptian cat goddess. She vas goddess of perfume and oil but also goddess of var. So, girly but kick-butt." Dinara shrugs with a small smile.
"Vhat I can say? Girl power!" she says, offering the lady gorilla a fist-bump.
"Also she vas goddess of cats and pets. I like her."

~~~~~~~~
"Vell ,I hope ve can be good parents." Arina states determinedly.
"Vere you ever parent before you became god, Lord Hubert?" Ilya asks.
"Vhat about you, Orson? You are having foal?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The man nodded as he looked at the cat working with ease. Once the boat was free, he went to the oars and started rowing. "Good start. Now, see that net? Unfold it, easy and slow, you don't want to make a mess. While you unfold it...see that can? it contains bait, excellent for small fishes. The bait comes in the tinies bits. You rub'em on the net while you unfold it, just make sure you won't rub it all over the net. We want to catch some, for a decent meal, not to depredate the sea. So it's you and your sense of measure while you work.
"Let the net sink in the water once you rubbed the bait over the cords. All clear?"
Levi grabbed the net and started to unfold it. "Is two or three paws full of bait enough? too much?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Khun brushed away the vision with a paw, annoyed.
"This is just part of the grieving process," Khun said, "Part of saying goodbye. Usually, it takes about 3 years to end the process. I'm only on year two and a half. So, breakdowns like this are, while not common as they were right after death, are still likely. We generally then go on, because we need to."
Khun got up, using the nearby barrel for support.
"I don't usually do well after one of these," Khun said, then he looked up, "Lord Hubert, if I may, is there a water tap inside this room? Or building? Will you guide me towards it? Please?"
A blue light, like an orb, appeared near a column. There, there was an iron tap with a bar handle. "Every column is a water tank," Hubert said.
xhunterko wrote:Akki sighed.
"Oh very well," she said, then she looked down, at the mostly eaten fish! There was only half a fillet out of six left! A paw went to an open mouth. Then she giggled. She finished the rest with a happy sigh.
"Well then, how should I learn what's available?" She asked the fish's head.
"I'll offer you an example right now, but first you must make a promise: What you will learn, you won't use for any other gain that is your family's safety. Fail to do so, and you'll fall under a curse."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, I have not really given it much sought." Sasha admits.
"Bastet." Dinara answers, not having to think about it much.
"Who?"
"Bastet. Ancient Egyptian cat goddess. She vas goddess of perfume and oil but also goddess of var. So, girly but kick-butt." Dinara shrugs with a small smile.
"Vhat I can say? Girl power!" she says, offering the lady gorilla a fist-bump.
"Also she vas goddess of cats and pets. I like her."
The gorilla nodded. "I like Ares. God of War. The ultimate buttkicker, if you want. He's like a gorilla when it's time to go rampage."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Vell ,I hope ve can be good parents." Arina states determinedly.
"Vere you ever parent before you became god, Lord Hubert?" Ilya asks.
"Vhat about you, Orson? You are having foal?"
Orson snickered. "Already have, ma'm. Three, so far. Two males, a female. It is something to feel proud for."
"As for me, yes, I became father already, even before ascending to my state. But when it comes to being...me, now, I cannot sire just like any other mortal. I can instill my essence in the recipient, share the experience if you want. Her litter will be hers only, but with a touch of me as well
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Levi grabbed the net and started to unfold it. "Is two or three paws full of bait enough? too much?"
The man nodded. "Two will do. Where did you use to fish, before?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Zis is vhat I have meant, Orson. Sorry, mine English is not good. But congratulations! You must be proud! How old are zey?"
"Vhen vaz zis, my lord? You can still visit viz your family, da?"

~~~~~~~~
"Heh. I sink I vould not like to see rampaging gorilla!" Sasha opines.
"So, how far is it to village?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote: The man nodded. "Two will do. Where did you use to fish, before?"
the cat did as told, spreading a couple paws full of bait onto the net. "Oh, I've never fished," he answered. ""I've hunted a couple times. watched my dad try to spearfish once."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"I like that! I hope my family still remember me. I mean, 's been so long since I died... You never died, you?"
"If your talkin' philosophicals I'd like to think your family always remembers ya. I'd like to think mine do." Flint grinned back, before reaching down to heft the pup up onto his shoulders. He wobbled a bit back and forth before regaining his footing, and started on a slow tread towards the beach.

"Me? Die? Nah! Close calls for sure! See this eye?" The canine pointed to the one with the glazed look on it, though he wasn't sure if the pup could see it from where he was sitting. "Got into a real fix once. Well, more than once but no, never died. Rooftop chase here, nearly runover there. I know you did though huh? How'z it feel? Being back in the realm of the livin' I mean."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Zis is vhat I have meant, Orson. Sorry, mine English is not good. But congratulations! You must be proud! How old are zey?"
"Vhen vaz zis, my lord? You can still visit viz your family, da?"
They are 5 and 3 respectively. A colt and a filly so full of energy. They already are best of friends, I'm sure they will start their own herd one day.
"Oh, the last time I sired? It was with a jackal, an adorer of Anubis. Millennia ago. i gave life to a Demigod, but that was the last time."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. I sink I vould not like to see rampaging gorilla!" Sasha opines.
"So, how far is it to village?"
The big ape pointed at the window. "Almost there."
Now the dirt road was cutting through the thick woods. Despite life being richer in that zone, except for insects buzzing and the occasional rustle of leaves, there was an eerie silence all around.
As if life itself was holding its breath...
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the cat did as told, spreading a couple paws full of bait onto the net. "Oh, I've never fished," he answered. ""I've hunted a couple times. watched my dad try to spearfish once."
"Interesting. Spearfishing is a fine art of hunting. You miss the mark and you scare the fish. You hit bad and you'll cause a lot of undue and unrespectful sufferance to your prey. Think you could do that?"
---
Roarin wrote:
valerio wrote:"If your talkin' philosophicals I'd like to think your family always remembers ya. I'd like to think mine do." Flint grinned back, before reaching down to heft the pup up onto his shoulders. He wobbled a bit back and forth before regaining his footing, and started on a slow tread towards the beach.
"Me? Die? Nah! Close calls for sure! See this eye?" The canine pointed to the one with the glazed look on it, though he wasn't sure if the pup could see it from where he was sitting. "Got into a real fix once. Well, more than once but no, never died. Rooftop chase here, nearly runover there. I know you did though huh? How'z it feel? Being back in the realm of the livin' I mean."
Bart thought about that, tonguetip sticking out cute from a corner of his snout. "I...I dunno. I mean, it feels as if I was always alive. I never went t'heaven and I dunno how much time passed down here, and..." he frowned. "Even now I feel like I just woke up. I'm starting to forget how it was when I was a ghost. I don't know why. I feel so confused..." he shivered.
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun finished washing his face, then drank his fill.

He looked down into the darkness of the drain for a long while, he sighed, standing there in the quiet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akki sighed.

"My lord, protector, if it is one thing you can be assured of Akki, is that she does not wish to be cursed any time soon," she said with a smile, finishing off the fish, "Show me."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Indeed. If zey take after you zey vill be finest horses on zis island!" Arina agrees.
Ilya isn't sure why he's surprised at the dragon's age but surprised he is.
"Vell," he jokes when he recovers, "I must say, you are looking very good for your age, my lord!"

~~~~~~~~
"Is very quiet... Vhy is it so quiet?" Dinara asks.
"Da... Vhere are birds? Somesing is wrong..." Sasha agrees.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Interesting. Spearfishing is a fine art of hunting. You miss the mark and you scare the fish. You hit bad and you'll cause a lot of undue and unrespectful sufferance to your prey. Think you could do that?"
"I could give it a shot," Levi answered. "I'm not used to throwing something so long though."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Akki sighed.
"My lord, protector, if it is one thing you can be assured of Akki, is that she does not wish to be cursed any time soon," she said with a smile, finishing off the fish, "Show me."
What remained of the fish gave a nod. "Very well. Now, focus. Think about your feelings for your husband, think about your feelings for the cubs you will have inside you. Do not force your mind on that, do not measure it- just let your feelings flow from your soul to every single organ of your body. And do not close your eyes" And while he spoke, the same spear that had killed a fish rose with a will of its own.
And pointed to Akki's belly.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Indeed. If zey take after you zey vill be finest horses on zis island!" Arina agrees.
Ilya isn't sure why he's surprised at the dragon's age but surprised he is.
"Vell," he jokes when he recovers, "I must say, you are looking very good for your age!"
"You are too kind, humans. I will be happy to show you to them, and perhaps your colt will start a friendship with time. Did you ever ride horses in your life?"
Thank you, my child. Once or twice I changed shape to appear as the 'wise old dragon', but the young mortals who wanted my advice also took it for the nonsensical babble of a decrepit creature. Unlucky for them, not heeding my words didn't bring them well in battle."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Is very quiet... Vhy is it so quiet?" Dinara asks.
"Da... Vhere are birds? Somesing is wrong..." Sasha agrees.
This time, even Loki had turned grim. There was no trace of the merry trickster of a few minutes ago. "You can say that again, kittens.
"What you see around you is but an illusion. It's what *they* want everyone else to perceive, but it did not fool the humans' electronic eyes. It would take a rabbit to pierce this veil, for the sight around here is...well, quite stressing to the mind.
"We have entered one of the last enclaves of the original red wolves' tribes. This is the domain of the Underworld's spirits. Death and corruption reign here. If we weren't allowed, the horses couldn't even step into this path. Oh, the first time here I think I emptied my bladder even when it was empty already. I promised myself never to come back..." the fox cracked a smile, "...but hey, here I am."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I could give it a shot," Levi answered. "I'm not used to throwing something so long though."
The man nodded. "I will teach you that as well. Worry not, you don't have to prove anything right now. Now toss down the net."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Bart thought about that, tonguetip sticking out cute from a corner of his snout. "I...I dunno. I mean, it feels as if I was always alive. I never went t'heaven and I dunno how much time passed down here, and..." he frowned. "Even now I feel like I just woke up. I'm starting to forget how it was when I was a ghost. I don't know why. I feel so confused..." he shivered.
"Well, it sounds like you were down there for an awful long time. Don't think there's many pirates out there in the world anymore." Flint stopped as he got to the shore, letting the water wash against his feet and legs. "If its any consolation, things have probably gotten better! Not sure if there were electronic doodads in your time, but there's a lotta those now. Ooh and the food! A definite upgrade, fried chicken, hot dog on a stick. Once we get to town I'll make sure to give you the tour of the century! Not that... I've been to this particular town but there should be a lot of commonalities!"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"Well, it sounds like you were down there for an awful long time. Don't think there's many pirates out there in the world anymore." Flint stopped as he got to the shore, letting the water wash against his feet and legs. "If its any consolation, things have probably gotten better! Not sure if there were electronic doodads in your time, but there's a lotta those now. Ooh and the food! A definite upgrade, fried chicken, hot dog on a stick. Once we get to town I'll make sure to give you the tour of the century! Not that... I've been to this particular town but there should be a lot of commonalities!"
Bart looked aghast at that piece of information. "No more pirates?!? What a DULL world it is! Me Dad was one *fine* pirate!" he made a snotty expression, arms crossed at his chest. "And this 'fried chicken' thing better taste good!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ilya has grown up viz horses but I have alvays been allergic." Arina answers Orson.

Ilya can't help but giggle.
"Oh vell. Zeir loss, my lord!"

~~~~~~~~
The sight of Loki being serious is perhaps more worrying to the cats than the idea of driving through an illusion.
"...You are certain ve are safe, zen?" Dinara asks eventually, staring out the window as though her gaze if intense enough could pierce the magic.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote: The man nodded. "I will teach you that as well. Worry not, you don't have to prove anything right now. Now toss down the net."
The cat nodded and tossed out the net.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

xhunterko wrote:"Ah, there you are, taking the long way I see, nothing wrong with that, it's just I told Spencers you'd be right behind me," Monique said, sitting atop Anubis's head.
Anubis looked up to spot the guest of his head. He chuckled at the solemn action letting his ears perk some as he listened to monique and the jabbering german next to him that was slowly speaking faster and faster in german to be considered gibberish. He snapped his fingers in front of the sheperd causing a abrupt halt and reset that had him looking around abit lost.

"well i said i was on my way. If i am needed to hurry i will. But it wont take too long to arrive"
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ilya has grown up viz horses but I have alvays been allergic." Arina answers Orson.

Ilya can't help but giggle.
"Oh vell. Zeir loss, my lord!"
Orson was puzzled. "Oh? You look good for one who is allergic to my kind. Should I congratulate on your will force?"
Hubert chuckled at that. "Ahh, indeed. I hope the new inhabitants will be wiser than that."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:The cat nodded and tossed out the net.
"Good, good. Now you may sit down. I like to know better my new crewmen, kitty. What particular ability do you think you can claim that could be useful aboard a ship?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Bart looked aghast at that piece of information. "No more pirates?!? What a DULL world it is! Me Dad was one *fine* pirate!" he made a snotty expression, arms crossed at his chest. "And this 'fried chicken' thing better taste good!"
"I promise, cross my heart it'll be one of most delicious things you've ever tasted! We'll just need to uhh..." Flint reached into his collar to check on the status of his worn-down wallet, opening it to find a few coins inside. "Find a way to procure some... and a ride to the main city I've been hearing so much about." Letting the waves lap against his toes for a moment Flint thought before waving his hands in the air. "Heey umm, Hubert buddy? Are you still around?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"I promise, cross my heart it'll be one of most delicious things you've ever tasted! We'll just need to uhh..." Flint reached into his collar to check on the status of his worn-down wallet, opening it to find a few coins inside. "Find a way to procure some... and a ride to the main city I've been hearing so much about." Letting the waves lap against his toes for a moment Flint thought before waving his hands in the air. "Heey umm, Hubert buddy? Are you still around?"
The tiny dragon appeared over his shoulder. "Your God is *always* around and at your service within reasonsable requests and dedicated prayers. What can I do for you?"

---
Hlaoroo wrote:The sight of Loki being serious is perhaps more worrying to the cats than the idea of driving through an illusion.
"...You are certain ve are safe, zen?" Dinara asks eventually, staring out the window as though her gaze if intense enough could pierce the magic.
Loki nodded. "We are safe. There is a pact, and the Deity watches over us. Much as some spirits are mischievous, not to say openly cheaters, since the Tribal Wars the Deity will not allow innocent mortals to be hurt on His watch. Just try not to be scared to death, heh?" he flashed what was meant as a reassuring grin.
It felt eerie. Even the horses' steps sounded...hollow, as if the air itself was smothering the sounds. The wheels sounded as if they were moving through cotton.
The carriage stopped, slowly, delicately.
"There we are," Loki said, leaning out the window, gesturing the cats to do the same. "The village's gates."
The 'gates' consisting of...bones!
A pile of bones that looked absurdly neatly stacked, part of a 10-meters tall wall of bones. No anatomical parts were spared to realize that macabre monument that shone pure white, perfectly polished.
And it wasn't just the bones that were shining under the sunlight.
Every single skull's orbit was burning. As if hundreds of eyes had been replaced by angry flames. As if the wall was alive and staring down at the intruders.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nyet, I cannot take credit for it. Lady Monique did some magic on me to stop me sneezing." Arina tells the horse. "Vas very kind of her. I am still not sure zis is not just dream and I vill vake up soon."

"I sink as long as zey remember lessons from past zen zey vill be viser. Especially viz you to help. Zere can't be many gods as hands, er... paw-on as you, my lord."

~~~~~~~~
"O...kay... Zat is creepiest sing I have ever seen!" Dinara says, looking decidedly disconcerted.
Sasha on the other paw is simply struck speechless by the sight.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Nyet, I cannot take credit for it. Lady Monique did some magic on me to stop me sneezing." Arina tells the horse. "Vas very kind of her. I am still not sure zis is not just dream and I vill vake up soon."
"I sink as long as zey remember lessons from past zen zey vill be viser. Especially viz you to help. Zere can't be many gods as hands, er... paw-on as you, my lord."
"If you think this a dream, you haven't seen enough then. Orson, please stop."
The horse obeyed.
The tiny dragon pointed at the ground. Welcome to the Pools."
The humans hadn't noticed it, but now...the horse had stopped in the middle of an area filled with perfect holes! And each one of them was filled with the most crystalline water, though some of them looked...empty, at a first sight.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"O...kay... Zat is creepiest sing I have ever seen!" Dinara says, looking decidedly disconcerted.
Sasha on the other paw is simply struck speechless by the sight.
"The wall has been built with the remains of generation after generation of warriors during the tribal wars. Those 'flames'? They are the physical manifestations of their restless spirits, as they guard the place even from the afterlife. But now," he sighed and went back to his seat, "Please sit down. We are going to get scrutinized by the guards."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

That statement is both reassuring and a bit worrying.” Avery replied, now rethinking some of the things he might decide to do with an omnipotent being looking over his shoulder. “It wouldn’t happen to be in your power to maybe... I don’t know. Either materialize a bucket of fried chicken into my paws. Or or, maybe do that teleporty thing you did to get me and Bart here over to the big city on this island? Either one works! Oh! And to tell Kuhn what we’re doing! I’d hate for him to worry about us, or potentially miss out on delicious food!”

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:That statement is both reassuring and a bit worrying.” Avery replied, now rethinking some of the things he might decide to do with an omnipotent being looking over his shoulder. “It wouldn’t happen to be in your power to maybe... I don’t know. Either materialize a bucket of fried chicken into my paws. Or or, maybe do that teleporty thing you did to get me and Bart here over to the big city on this island? Either one works! Oh! And to tell Kuhn what we’re doing! I’d hate for him to worry about us, or potentially miss out on delicious food!”
"As for Khun, I can assure you that he is being cared for. As for your needs, I think it is time your young friend started learning something new about his homeplace..." the air all around Avery and Bart shimmered, and a moment later they were inside...a house. A house of stone, cool, and lit up by the sun through the glassless windows.
"I brought you to a still-unreclaimed location in Zilnawa. It's a market road, so you can find food. You may step out safely. No one is going to harm you."
Bart ran to the door and opened it... "Ohhh!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Good, good. Now you may sit down. I like to know better my new crewmen, kitty. What particular ability do you think you can claim that could be useful aboard a ship?"
"I'm not entirely sure," the cat answered. "how useful are climbing and jumping?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm not entirely sure," the cat answered. "how useful are climbing and jumping?"
"They are fundamental, actually. Especially in an emergency. If you can use them at your best with a rogue sea, you are half a good sailor."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Humbled, the cats do as directed and await their fate in silence.

~~~~~~~~
The two humans are struck speechless at the beauty of the site. It takes a few moments for them to find their voices again.
"Wooooow."
"Zis is gorgeous! Zey are springs, or...?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Humbled, the cats do as directed and await their fate in silence.
Loki drew in a breath. "Ok, they're here. Just...don't jump. Too high."
And there they were, indeed! A couple, a male and a female red wolves, sitting by the side of each cat. Scrutinizing them with hard eyes.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:The two humans are struck speechless at the beauty of the site. It takes a few moments for them to find their voices again.
"Wooooow."
"Zis is gorgeous! Zey are springs, or...?"
"Yes. They are the remains of the intense volcanic activity of Tricana. Imagine, a whole island born out of a single volcanic spewing," he pointed at the majestic Blue Peak Mountain, and its beautiful cascade that ran along its surface. Eons after the island's tormented birth, subterranean sweetwater replaced magma. Our lakes offer the purest mineral waters in the world. Bathing is permitted, but polluting is severely punished. At times, I added something to the mortals' sentences as welll, myself.
"But worry not, if you need some water for hygiene, just use those to pick up what you need..."
he pointed at something that one could miss at a first glance.
Buckets. A row of four wooden buckets with their ropes. Each row laying at the edge of each crater.
"Just make sure to empty it far from the craters. The islands' microorganism will take care of the pollutants."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Akki finished her meal and silently waited to see what was to be shown.

For one though, she was mostly thinking about what was best at defense.

Since, she was best at hiding and shooting arrows from a distance. It came in handy that one time her people were attacked for their diamonds.

She shook her head.

"Humans," she mumbled.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That is true, I suppose," Monique said from atop Anubis's head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the birthing room, things were going as normal. The only thing the pride was waiting on now was the cries of the young to fill the room.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"As for Khun, I can assure you that he is being cared for. As for your needs, I think it is time your young friend started learning something new about his homeplace..." the air all around Avery and Bart shimmered, and a moment later they were inside...a house. A house of stone, cool, and lit up by the sun through the glassless windows.
"I brought you to a still-unreclaimed location in Zilnawa. It's a market road, so you can find food. You may step out safely. No one is going to harm you."
Bart ran to the door and opened it... "Ohhh!"
"Well, that's all an' good but-" Flint began to say before the world around him shimmered and twinkled. Before he could get another word out he suddenly found himself inside a modest house. "The fried chicken..." He finished blurting out, shaking his head and reorienting himself to the world around him.

"Oooh kay... well I guess yer not really giving us much choice... Bart! Bart don't go off too far." The canine called out as the smaller pup opened the door. Following his pirate friend out Flint was treated to a sight he was not expecting.

"Definitely not in Kansas anymore..." Flint mumbled, scuffing his foot against the stone tiles of the street, 'Well, if anyone knows how to navigate a city it's me! Stick close to me bud and we'll find the best food stall in the place!" He grinned down at Bart and pat him on the head. "Now let's see if we can find someone to give us some directions."

Ref Ref!