HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Broken Fox

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Ulysses stopped rolling and put himself on all 4s. He looked as if he had taken a bath of mud.
"You asked for it..." he grinned...and shook himself vigorously, spraying the collie with wet sand and water!
"Aiiieee!" Roxanne shrieked for a second as she found her side covered with mud. But a second later she was laughing, and she ran towards deeper waters as fast as she could. When she was in far enough, she ducked under the water, washing off the sand... And also disappearing from view!
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Hmm, she actually thinks she can outswim me, the lass? Ulysses dove into the water and disappeared in return. A few strokes...and there she was. Moving in the water like a siren.
Beautiful.
The black dog reached his target and started swimming in circles around her.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste sighed. "Not a lot. I told you more then I ever planned to, already." The cat looked down at her thumbs. Her paws were shaking, and her heart was hammering. "It's hard though; talking I mean. I'm not sure I know where to begin."
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

-What a hell- Heart tought.

Then she jumped to the water quickly, when she touched the very comfortable water, she took off her hands from her neck, maybe with the water covering her fur, nobody will see her long scar in the left side of her neck.

Even the fact that she was a cat, the water was perfect. She started to swim and went with Randy.

-SPLASH!!!!- She yelled while was splashing with a big wave to her "sibling".
-By the way, I'm Rose, nice to meet you Victor!!!You look very handsome tonight!!!!-Said while she was playing with RAndy.
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"AGH!" Randy yelled as in took in a mouthful of seawater from the wave which rolled out from Heart's splash. He spat out the water and laughed as Heart swam to him. He noticed that she was always neck deep in the water even though they were both in a shallow depth. Randy had his neck and a quarter of his chest out of the water. Was Heart trying to hide something? Maybe it was just indecent to expose herself without her collar.

"Okay Heart check this out...I'm going to call dolphins to us! Victor said that if we just think in our minds, they'll come! Watch this!" Randy said, going backwards a bit and closing his eyes. Then he thought..

..Hi Dolphin! I'm Randy! Can you come play with me?

He waited for a few minutes, and nothing much happened. "Awwwww no dolphin wanna play with me?" Randy said, turning back to Victor. "Hey Vic, it didn't work? Did I do it wrong???" he called out.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
theblackcateyes

Heart giggled.

-Let me try-
-Dolphins come here....- She tought.

When she saw that didn't work she tried again.
-Ok, listen me, stupid dolphins, or you come o I'll do that all your specie dissapear, I'm not joking- Then she giggled, she was joking of course.

Then she saw a few shadows in the water, before that she was funly take it for a dolphin.

-Ahhhh, let me go-
She said playful
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"You must be kidding me..." Randy said as the shadows revealed themselves to be bottlenose dolphins as they emerged out of the water and swam up to both Heart and Randy. One of them bumped it's head gently into Randy's arm which made him flinch abit, but he turned around to be greeted by the warm and friendly smile of the dolphin.

"Wow, look at these fish. They feel so smooth!" Randy said, gliding his paw over the dolphin's smooth skin. "Wow Victor, this is simply great!" Randy called out, now holding on to his dolphin's fin as he was to be taken for a ride.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

what randy didn't foresee was the sudden maneuver of his 'ride'.
The sea creature arched like a wild bull and threw him high in the air!
"Well, have fun, guys," the lycaon said, impossible to know to whom, the dolphins or their new toys...
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Randy's eyes opened with shock as the dolphin flipped him high into the air unexepectedly.

"WAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!"

He landed with a big splash in the water a distance from where Heart and the rest of the dolphins were. He swam up frantically to the surface and took in a big gulp of air, then swam back to the shore. The dolphins laughed and clapped their fins as Randy dragged his body onto the sandy beach and flung out all the water which was on him, now looking like a fluffy overgrown chihuahua. The dolphins laughed again.

"Har har har, that's right laugh it up..." Randy said, smirking and going towards Victor now. "Well, now that I've got my 'ride', I'm ready to give my stomach a ride too. Is the party ready?" Randy asked, now feeling alittle hungry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor went to the beach, where he shook himself dry. When he stood up, he chuckled. "Ah, don' fret, stranger: dat was their 'welcoming'. Dey can get really pranky when dey want to... But yer right, time to eat!" he then called out to the others with an unexpected loud howl. C'mon, lazyfeets! Time t' savor our specialties!" To Randy, he said, "See that nice girl? her name's Salina." he pointed out to a *very* cute female who was stirring something in a big black pot from which came a smell of meat, spice and onions. Victor nudged at the Japanese Spitz. "Ask her for your serving, then ask her out for a nice, romantic walk, tonight. Ye won't regret it."
theblackcateyes

-Hey guys!! I still exist!!, let me go!!- Said to Victor and Randy, and the dolphin which one was bothering her. Suddenly, she punched the dolphin so hard, and with no problems went to the beach.

-AND DON'T COME BACK- Yelled to the dolphins really angry.
-What's up, guys?- Asked with a smile to Victor and Randy.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor, whose attention had been drawn to the scene by heart's screams, saw her punching the sea mammal. And he lowered his ears. "'tis gonna get nasty, mon." he whispered.

The dolphin that had been just punched stared at the impudent cat who had dared hitting him.
His eyes glinted with a green light.
And he sent a powerful mind projection to the cat.
A projection that 'told' her she was sinking into quicksand!
theblackcateyes

-C'mon sand?- Asked to the delphin sharply.

-You can do it better-

Then the cat lift herself from the ground and went with Randy.

-I'll go to the hotel, See you later!!!- Then she frustated went to the street and start walking.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dolphin was crestfallen. he actually felt the sharp headache as his focus was brusquely snapped like a fragile ribbon!
Silently, the creature and his kin left the scene. The confrontation was postponed, for now...

Victor stared at Heart. He blinked several times, unsure of what he had just witnessed. "How did ye do it, cat?"
theblackcateyes

-I don't know- Said to Victor.

Then she reminded that she had left her collar in the rock, so she went to the big rock and took her collar, before clip it she touched her scar...Then silently put the collar en her neck and went to the street.

-See you later-Said strangely

Thanks for her all wet fur, she was feeling very cold!!!

-Ahhhh, it's better that i get hurry, would wish have my cellphone-

The cold cat walked for the street, while the night was coming.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Randy watched Heart with a worried look as she stormed back to the hotel after that crazy encounter with the dolphin, dripping wet and hugging her body from the cold. It started to get a little chilly and Randy wondered wether he should follow her back to she how she was doing, but he decided that he will go check on her later....right after some grubbing and getting to know the really cute girl stirring the pot.

"Okay Victor! I'm ready to sink teeth into nice food you have prepared. Where do I start?" Randy asked, wagging his tail.
valerio

Post by valerio »

thrasherblades wrote:Randy watched Heart with a worried look as she stormed back to the hotel after that crazy encounter with the dolphin, dripping wet and hugging her body from the cold. It started to get a little chilly and Randy wondered wether he should follow her back to she how she was doing, but he decided that he will go check on her later....right after some grubbing and getting to know the really cute girl stirring the pot.

"Okay Victor! I'm ready to sink teeth into nice food you have prepared. Where do I start?" Randy asked, wagging his tail.
Victor led his guest to the steaming pot and its cook. "We start by eating of course. Salina, will ya explain our nice guest what's in store for his tastebuds?"
Still stirring, she nodded and said, "This stew is made with pieces of goat meat. The small pieces, containing fat, are used to thicken the broth, together with dehydrated coconut and bananas to sweeten the dish. The bigger pieces have been marinaded for three days until they are very spicy. The dense broth serves to tenderize them one last time and sweeten the spice yet leaving a pleasant and hot aftertaste. Chunks of potatoes are the last ingredient. Now, please, have some." The female lycaon used the big wooden dipper to fill a bowl. "Enjoy," she simply said, but looking at him with interest, examining the figure in front of herself head to toe.
Victor put a paw behind his back and crossed fingers. This male looked healthy and just fine a candidate to expand their genetic pool!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:"Hmm, she actually thinks she can outswim me, the lass? Ulysses dove into the water and disappeared in return. A few strokes...and there she was. Moving in the water like a siren.
Beautiful.
The black dog reached his target and started swimming in circles around her.
This was bad! Roxanne would have scowled if it were possible underwater. While holding your breath. And swimming to fight the currents from washing you away. Anyway, Ulysses didn't fall for her trick! He was supposed to trot into the water, so she could emerge like a shark and surprise him... Oh well, plan B! Which was what exactly? The collie realized that out-swimming the labrador was probably out of the question, her thick fur was a speed penalty... Whatever was the plan, she had to be fast too! Precious oxygen was wasted with every second of waiting!
Luckily the waters were still shallow here. As Ulysses circled her, she drifted lower, and found some footing on the sandy bottom. And when he passed right in front of her she pushed, rocketing forward like a furry torpedo!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses followed carefully the actions of his prey. And when he understood she was acting out of strategy lack, he let her go, and swam upward until he found himself in front of her. "Tired, my friend? I thought you youngsters were supposed to last longer." he winked at her.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne sputtered as she surfaced. Of course Ulysses was already there, ready to even their score on the playful little jabs... "Just a tad bit?" she said, slightly panting for breath, feeling her lungs tingle in pleasant way. She pushed her wet headfur out of her face. "Lots of running today, if you remember... But I think I could use to work out a little again, anyway." She felt her legs getting heavier as she kept kicking in the water to stay up. "I kinda haven't had a proper run since the last time I was down at the farm." The collie noticed the others started dinner on the beach already. "Tell you what, a good swim back to the shore, and then I think I'm ready for that feast Victor promised us!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses nodded. "Milady, I appreciate a good idea. But please, it wouldn't be proper to allow you to strain yourself more than necessary." The black labrador swam in front of her and gave her his back. "Please hang on to this ol' hound. I'll carry you to dry land."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote:
Victor led his guest to the steaming pot and its cook. "We start by eating of course. Salina, will ya explain our nice guest what's in store for his tastebuds?"
Still stirring, she nodded and said, "This stew is made with pieces of goat meat. The small pieces, containing fat, are used to thicken the broth, together with dehydrated coconut and bananas to sweeten the dish. The bigger pieces have been marinaded for three days until they are very spicy. The dense broth serves to tenderize them one last time and sweeten the spice yet leaving a pleasant and hot aftertaste. Chunks of potatoes are the last ingredient. Now, please, have some." The female lycaon used the big wooden dipper to fill a bowl. "Enjoy," she simply said, but looking at him with interest, examining the figure in front of herself head to toe.
Victor put a paw behind his back and crossed fingers. This male looked healthy and just fine a candidate to expand their genetic pool!
Randy not only listened with interest as Salina explained the detailed essences of the stew, but also had his eyes on her curvaceous body. Every single bit of her was perfect, and Randy blushed as he looked on, his eyes lowering a bit and getting drunk from her being too beautiful..

Randy smiled as she passed him his serving. With shaky hands, he took the bowl and then went on his way, but remembered what he should do and turned back to Salina. He blushed as he approached her and tried to hide his stuttering and mumbling of loose words from his mouth.

"Uhm hey Salina. I was just wondering, you know, your explanation of the stew was really interesting. And you know uhm, maybe we can...you know.." Randy said, smiling with excitement as he struggled to form up the sentences to say.

"Would you like to have a walk on the beach with me later on? Then we can...you know...talk more about other...stews perhaps?" Randy asked, muttering a small 'argh', wishing he had the courage to say he wanted to get to know her better.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Victor was grinning ear to ear. Way to go, big boy, olè!
Salina didn't giggle or laugh. She bowed curtsly. She actually felt very proud to be interesting in the eyes of this male. "As you please, handsome gentlepet; I really would like to know more about you. And you go by the name of..?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oh erm, you can call me Randy! Randy replied, now having a much more redder blush which spread across his nose and cheeks. His heartbeat gradually increased as she had asked to know more about him.

"Ehehehe....Oh my..." Randy said, ruffling the fur at the back of his head, noticing his blush and almost swearing that he felt some blood flow down his nose. He quickly used his arm to feel it for a second, then heaved a sigh of relied to know that he didn't.

"Hey uh Salina...is it okay if you sit by me while we eat this stew?" Randy asked, still blushing.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Ulysses nodded. "Milady, I appreciate a good idea. But please, it wouldn't be proper to allow you to strain yourself more than necessary." The black labrador swam in front of her and gave her his back. "Please hang on to this ol' hound. I'll carry you to dry land."
"Thanks Ulysses, but that's really not necessary! I might be a little a tired but I can make it to the shore just fine..." She smiled and started to swim, kicking the water behind her. She kept her head above the waves for a moment to speak. "Faster than you even, if you don't start swimming!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

thrasherblades wrote:"Oh erm, you can call me Randy! Randy replied, now having a much more redder blush which spread across his nose and cheeks. His heartbeat gradually increased as she had asked to know more about him.

"Ehehehe....Oh my..." Randy said, ruffling the fur at the back of his head, noticing his blush and almost swearing that he felt some blood flow down his nose. He quickly used his arm to feel it for a second, then heaved a sigh of relied to know that he didn't.

"Hey uh Salina...is it okay if you sit by me while we eat this stew?" Randy asked, still blushing.
Salina gestured a male to take her place. He quickly complied, smiling amiably to the female and the tourist.
Salina let the male fill her a bowl, before joining Randy. "Randy...In yer language it means somethin' like 'naughty', right?" she winked as she walked so that they could get closer to the shore but a bit distant from the others. Then she sat and patted the sand next to her to invite Randy to do the same. Worry not, handsome Randy. I am quite honored by yer company. Would ye be at ease if I started telling about mahself first?"
---
The Broken Fox wrote:"Thanks Ulysses, but that's really not necessary! I might be a little a tired but I can make it to the shore just fine..." She smiled and started to swim, kicking the water behind her. She kept her head above the waves for a moment to speak. "Faster than you even, if you don't start swimming!"
With a few strokes, the labrador caught up with the collie. "I wouldn't dream of making a competition out of everything with you, milady. I act out of gallantry, never out of pity."
theblackcateyes

-Stupid dolphins- Whispered Heart while she was covering with her hands.

That day the wind blows strongely and she was feeling very cold, then she coughed.

-muffins and cookies, i'm gonna get sick-

Finally, after a long painful walk, she reached the room. She dried her fur and adjusted the thermostat temperature, the room was warm immediately.

-I hope that Randy is okay- Said strangely.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote: Salina gestured a male to take her place. He quickly complied, smiling amiably to the female and the tourist.
Salina let the male fill her a bowl, before joining Randy. "Randy...In yer language it means somethin' like 'naughty', right?" she winked as she walked so that they could get closer to the shore but a bit distant from the others. Then she sat and patted the sand next to her to invite Randy to do the same. Worry not, handsome Randy. I am quite honored by yer company. Would ye be at ease if I started telling about mahself first?"
Oh of course. Please, do tell me about yourself.." Randy said, sitting down next to Salina on the shore. The sun was now beginning to set, and Randy thought that this was just perfect. Sunset, beach, bowl of stew, his new girlfriend-to-be..what could get any better than this?

He took a sip from his bowl of stew and widened his eyes in shock. It tasted so brilliant. It was like a mouthful of colors with the zing of spiciness and the sweetness of candy flooded his entire mouth. Wow....what the heck is this stew?! This is freaking awesome!!", Randy thought, taking in somemore as he smiled at Salina.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The female lycaon swallowed her mouthful and laughed. "I'll admit this is the first time our stew got such a comment! But we're pleased that you approve it.
"Anyway, my family is just your usual family of hunters, fishers and gardeners. I am born second in a litter of three, the only female. And I grew up doing my share of work for the family and the village..."
she shrugged. "I wish my life could be more exciting like yours must be, sometimes..." she ate another mouthful. "But as a female, I am proud to be a potential mother, and it would be the highest honor to sire the pups from a handsome tourist. Tell me Randy," she asked without the slightest hesitation, "Would you like to be my mate?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Woah, that was quick.., Randy thought as he chewed on the goat meat from the stew. His eyes widened as the question came without warnings, hints or any hesitation at all. It was all so sudden, and he found himself in a situation where it would leave him to think hard for many days and weeks, but he decided that it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

After all, he had nothing to lose, but he thought about it for a moment, looking at the sun disappearing into the horizon. This female was already asking him to be his mate. And he barely knew her for a day. His heart pounded within his chest as he tried to formulate what he would say to her.

He finished the last of his stew, then got himself and Salina to stand up. He faced her and looked down for a moment before looking at her again, eye to eye. "Salina, I've come from a terrible past which I do not want to remember. I have lost everything and I have come here to have some sense of belonging yet I do not know wether I am up for this..."

He paused, looking down to hide a tear from her and resumed his gentle stare into her eyes.

"And I don't think I am just some mere tourist, because I am NEVER going back to that dreaded place, and that dreaded owner of mine. I have come here on my own accord to start anew, and to breathe new life into myself and the friends and companions I make. I'm sure that there's a lot we can learn from each other, and I'm sure that I'll be happy and content with you.."

With that, he reached and grabbed both of her paws and smiled saying: "So yes, I will accept you as my mate."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Salina bowed her head as she blushed. "This is a great day for me, my family and my people," she said, trying to use formal English to show her appreciation. "I assumed you were a tourist because of your collar... You see, my mate, it is very rare that tourist pets are allowed to consort with us, because of their owners' strict moral codes. And those who could... well," her face became sad, "Their litters did not prove fit for living in the wild.
"Know this, Randy: we will be honored to have you as a reborn native, but then you won't be living in the resort with its commodities. Although life on Meriweather Island is good, for a city animal it could be less...comfortable.
"If you just want me to sire your pups and then leave, worry not, we'll raise them as part of our community. But if you really want to be family, we will celebrate and rejoice. Are you sure of your decision, Randy?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"I'm sure of it...and this.." Randy said, reaching for the gold medallion on his collar, clutching it and snapping it off his collar. He took one last look at it, then threw it into the sea, signifying the discarding of a past life.

"I'm ready to move on, Salina, and I'm going to be a good mate to you. Besides, I'm not one to be totally cut off from the world. It'll take me while to adapt, but do be patient with me as living in the city would be very very different from living in the wild in a village I assume. But I'm good with technology, and maybe that'll help you out. Most importantly, I want our family well, and I definetly want to rejoice with you when we see our pups.." Randy replied
valerio

Post by valerio »

The fading orange of the golden sunset reflected in her eyes, as she saw the small metal object splash into the water.
Everything in this male's body language, as in his words, spoke true. Inwardly, she prayed that their combined genes would as much strong.
"So you speak, Randy. So I tell you that I am yours from now on." Salina cupped Randy's cheeks and kissed him deeply, softly, although shortly.
When she broke that contact, she said, "Now we shall tell Victor and the others of this engagement. You will be asked to take your possessions and bring them with you at the village, tonight, where you will be introduced to kin, before spending your first night with me to seal our union. Then, come tomorrow morning, the Chieftain will celebrate the first rejoice. From then on, you will be living at Salisgrave as reborn..." She ran her paw along his thick chest fur. Her smile was at the same time shy, mature, proud. "You fought for your life, you survived hardship, I am sure you'll be an excellent member of our village. Now come." She led him toward the party. "It is time to let the other know and dance with joy."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Randy's heart skipped a beat as Salina kissed him after he had taken in her as his mate. He took it in and held her tightly in his arms, looking into her eyes gently. This truly was a happy moment for him as he was about to experience a whole new life. It may have not seemed like what he wanted initially, but he had the feeling that everything will be okay. Besides, a city pet like him needs to get out often.

He returned the touch as she ran his paw unto his chest, nuzzling her and breathing slowly, almost as if he felt like a totally newer dog. And he was definetly excited about being part of her community. His smile broadened across his face like never before, and he gripped her hand as she led him to the party for the big announcement of their engagement.

He saw Victor after some walking, and he couldn't really picture what's his reaction when Salina breaks the news. "So uh....are you going to say it....or me?" Randy asked, a little nervous.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Salina nodded. "Let me."
Victor saw the couple walking toward him, holding each other's paw. And he knew the island had worked her magic on them. He felt his chest swell with pride. One by one even the other natives stopped. Those who were sitting on the sand stood up. They all fell silent, looking with expectation at this new couple.
After silently thanking the gods for this gift, Victor waited until they were close enough.
Salina stopped in front of he Chieftain's son. She bowed her head. "Victor Wendell, Ambassador, son of Chieftain Amelia, I am here to announce that Randy is no longer a tourist. He has no ties with his former life, he has no owner to claim him. He came on Meriweather Island to find a new life and decided to walk his path in our tracks, as reborn member of Salisgrave. On behalf of our litter-to-come, please extend this message to the humans of the resort, then talk with our Chieftain, so that rejoice can be celebrated, after our sacred union is consumed."
Victor's eyes widened: this hadn't been a magic, this was a heckuva (sorry, my Gods) miracle! He thought that this young one wanted just to mix blood, and that would have been a great honor, but a marriage!
The male walked to Randy. He grabbed his shoulders...and gave him a lick on the cheeck. "Welcome to the family, to the village, to the island as your new home, Randy! I shall bring you to the Island's owner so that you can formalize your leave from human civilization and pick up your belongings. You will come with us of course, little sister," she added to Salina with a wink.
The female blushed again. "Just make sure not t' make mr. Spencers mad at ya, big brothah!"
Victor, very un-ambassadorially, stuck his tongue at her. "Look who's talkin'! Mom forgives yer pranks cuz yer female!"
The other lycaons whooped, howled and congratulated the new couple.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Randy felt the heat rise up within him as the tribe cheered as they went forth to welcome the new couple. He hugged her tight and nuzzled her till no end. The endless whooping and howling which was a sweet sound in his ear as he kissed her again, closing his eyes and holding her tight. He opened his eyes and again looked at her again, smiling.

"Salina, I promise to love you and protect you..." he said gently, using a paw to gently stroke her face.

He turned back to Victor and gave him a hug too, thanking him for the warm welcome into the tribe. "Thanks, uhm brother in law!.." Randy said as he laughed, still overwhelmed that this was actually happening. "Heh, wait till I pick up my belongings, you guys won't believe what I have to show you all.." Randy said.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel continued looking at Celeste. He didn't know what it was that made him want to help her so much, but he wa going to let whatever it was do just that. "So ven you saw ze boa, and he revealed he is cancer-proof... It hurt, did it not? Maybe since Roxanne is a researcher, you could enlist her help in possibly finding a cure..." He smiled. "And I vill help in any way I can."

Adel also yelled "Congratulations!" to the new couple before turning his attention back to Celeste.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste finally faced Adel. "Of course it hurts. Do you know what it's like to watch the person you love die a slow, painful death? Fight for every breath? She hasn't left the hospital in months Adel!" Celeste clenched her paws into fists, then dug them into the sand. "And, even if I did get Roxanne's help, even if we did find a cure, we'd be too late! The fact that I can't do anything was magnified by The snake! I'll always be too late! " She choked on her last words. She was so angry; for being so useless, for being emotional, at the cancer, for telling Adel anything. She turned away again, glaring at her anklet.

Hope? Hope was weak. Hope wouldn't cure her grandmother. Nothing would.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:With a few strokes, the labrador caught up with the collie. "I wouldn't dream of making a competition out of everything with you, milady. I act out of gallantry, never out of pity."
Roxanne kept pushing herself with her paws, the shore only a short distance away now. Finally they arrived, and she stood up in the shallow water. She turned to the labrador next to her. "I know Ulysses." she stated simply. Inside, she mentally kicked herself for her behavior. Trying to navigate away from these thought, she quickly scanned the beach with her eyes. Adel and Celeste were sitting with each other, probably deep in conversation, she wouldn't bother them right now. Gian and Colin were still chasing each other a little further away. Then there was Victor with his kin, and there was a new dog with them. A small, white, fluffy spitz. And more importantly, they had food! "I'm starving, let's eat..." She took a step before she realized her fur was sopping wet and sticking to her body. Getting down on all fours for a moment, the collie shook her coat ferociously.

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

The Game wrote:Celeste finally faced Adel. "Of course it hurts. Do you know what it's like to watch the person you love die a slow, painful death? Fight for every breath? She hasn't left the hospital in months Adel!" Celeste clenched her paws into fists, then dug them into the sand. "And, even if I did get Roxanne's help, even if we did find a cure, we'd be too late! The fact that I can't do anything was magnified by The snake! I'll always be too late! " She choked on her last words. She was so angry; for being so useless, for being emotional, at the cancer, for telling Adel anything. She turned away again, glaring at her anklet.

Hope? Hope was weak. Hope wouldn't cure her grandmother. Nothing would.
Adel shook his head, even though Celeste couldnt see it. "You are wrong. It is never too late. You have given up hope; how do you zink it vould make your grandmozer feel to see you give up on her? She will have nozing to live for if you give up on her now! And yes, I do know what it is like. Only I had to watch my brother UND my mozer die of it! All because I gave up hope on them..." He began to tear up.

"You can still save your grandmozer if you try. Do not ever give up like I did... I was so veak ven they needed me to be strong for zem, und I regret that more zan anyzing! At least give her a chance by trying..." The tears were starting to drip from his face, despite his efforts to hold them back.