male cat with a girl dog

Discuss the comic here
TigerShark20

male cat with a girl dog

Post by TigerShark20 »

just wondering it we will get to one of the male cat with a girl dog, as we seen Peanut liking grape and Fido and Sabrina.
Harry Johnathan

Re: male cat with a girl dog

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Valerio had Alcor and Mizar in his fic, but in the actual comic there hasn't been any, except maybe for a cryptic background refrence or one-off but I haven't seen such a thing.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Daisy and Res?
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:48 pm Daisy and Res?
A ship so crazy it might actually work
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, maybe. Daisy has revealed herself to be intelligent and sensitive which would work with Res.

But the only other female dogs I can think of are Tarot, Duchess, and Bailey who are spoken for. Cassie and Marvin, maybe? Naw, Marvin's already got a dog prima donna in his life (to whom he's practically married as it is!). Sten?
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:48 pm Daisy and Res?
I would agree with that, i think that would be cute and work
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just not a lotta pup gals to work with.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A lot of people said they would like to see Marvin in a relationship or have a secret girlfriend but they never said whether or not said girlfriend had to be a cat or a dog so that is something.

The only female dog though unless they get more is Daisy and I kind of would like to see Res and Daisy together to see how that would work. A couple that I shall now dub them "Reisy".
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, like Daisy, I'm afraid Marvin has done a "Shermy" and faded from the communal memory of Babylon Gardens.

Maybe it's just a mental blick that I have, but I seem to have an affection for disappeared characters. Perhaps I associate them with the first stories of strip or saga and with the delight I felt when I began to read and savor them. I always liked Marvin - he seemed sensible, intelligent, and fairly down to earth. If his primary role seemed to as Tiger's foil and straight man, his loyalty and patience with his gluttonous, rage-reacting doggie brother was always steady, even a bit touching. (I hope I have a nurse attendant like Marvin when I finally become boomer bonkers.)

Marvin's rivalry with Maxwell over the Halloween house is one of Rick's little classics, and I thought that that relationship had several comic possibilities - maybe Marvin as a competitor for Grape's affections, an occasional dabbler in the arts (humor possibilities there), or companion for Sabrina who has also fallen a bit much into Tarot's shadow. I could see Marvin as the cat who wants to join the K9s.

But it's Rick's world and ill let him weave it his way. Still, he brought back Rufus and even the Barn Cats to the delight of us all and not just in walk-on cameos but full roles. So maybe Marvin, Daisy, and others also await in the wings, studying their lines and blockings...... ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Marvin and Daisy? They’re both supportive and smart.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sure, very observant. Res just suggested himself to me because of his insecurities give him both heroic and comic possibilities. We really don't have enough on Daisy to predict what foibles she would bring to the mix but I'm confident that Rick would quickly find them.
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

Marvin could use a girlfriend, some think Daisy but other think she is better with Res, so this could lean to a new secret girl. Someone no one know and it it secret until later in the story wend she is show, and turn out to be a girl dog. I think a story with wend Res meet Daisy would be good too. Who think that would be a interesting? Is it ok to put suggestions?

(Hope I not breaking the rules)
Harry Johnathan

Res x Marvin.

I'm so sorry.
TigerShark20 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 am I think a story with Res meeting Daisy would be good too. Who think that would be a interesting? Is it ok to put suggestions?
While making her annual feral food-drive, Daisy runs into Steve who has escaped the pound. Although she ends up helping animal control take him to the pound, he finds him strangely dashing, and convinces her parents to adopt him; Steve is resistant, but is forced to confront the fact that his parents aren't coming back and regains just a tiny bit of his sanity.

Just a tiny bit, though.
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

TigerShark20 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 am Marvin could use a girlfriend, some think Daisy but other think she is better with Res, so this could lean to a new secret girl. Someone no one know and it it secret until later in the story wend she is show, and turn out to be a girl dog. I think a story with wend Res meet Daisy would be good too. Who think that would be a interesting? Is it ok to put suggestions?

Naw, yer not. I've often thought Babylon Gardens could use a few more females and a few more cats. That said, Rick's got over 140 in the stable now. Maybe develop the three Barn Cats more as individual personalities ......
a feline country singing group, I don't know. Or a new thread of embarrassment for Max. Or open a boutique. What's the term? Oh, yeah, "whatever". ;)
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 am Naw, yer not. I've often thought Babylon Gardens could use a few more females and a few more cats. That said, Rick's got over 140 in the stable now. Maybe develop the three Barn Cats more as individual personalities .....a feline country singing group.
That would be awesome.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Now presenting Fiddler and Keys with vocals by nation-storming singing trio, "The Catawallin' Barn Babes", featuring their hit single, "Rockin' Rufus".
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:29 pm Sure, very observant. Res just suggested himself to me because of his insecurities give him both heroic and comic possibilities. We really don't have enough on Daisy to predict what foibles she would bring to the mix but I'm confident that Rick would quickly find them.
I think Res meeting Daisy would be good. See how interact with her and her with him
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Speculation has occasionally arisen about a rather large female dog who appears in the King-Baily wedding audience. She also appears in the bouquet-catching scene wearing a collar with a red-circle-and-slash-mark like a prohibition traffic sign. However, she has not appeared again and, after seven plus years, she probably did not make the cast cut.
jewbear

Post by jewbear »

doing a lil bit of digging on the dog with the circle 'n slash collar, and shes with the k-9s
idk wut im adding to the convo, just thought id share
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

jewbear wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:01 pm doing a lil bit of digging on the dog with the circle 'n slash collar, and shes with the k-9s
idk wut im adding to the convo, just thought id share
Also, a sharp catch - but sadly we've never seen her take stage.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I think it is entirely feasible either way whether we see her again or not. It probably depends on if there is a story in the future that needs a female K9 or not.

Scrolling back through the arcs, since the King and I, the K9s haven't got much focus outside of Fox and occasionally the main K9 squad gets involved in the plot like in Jungle Fever or The Hot Springs Saga.

Housepets has a large cast, and the K9s as a group (some of the individual members get more focus) are already secondary or probably more accurately tertiary characters. And characters like Terrance and the Slashed Circle dog are tertiary characters to the K9s. If we get another arcs focused on them like Aztec Gold, or if they take a role outside of being police dogs, then we might see them again, but otherwise they might have just been one off or will just be background characters.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The K9 crew played a pretty big role in the Keene's Spa story (sorry, don't remember the real title of that arc). Terrance, however, got left at the station again, I guess. Except for a non-speaking, single-panel walk-on appearance in July, 2019, our cockney setter has been unseen for many years.
The Slashed Circle Collar dog not since the King-Bailey wedding.

I've sometimes wondered if long-absent cast members take side gigs - like will Rex, Yeltsin, Karo, Griswold and Daisy make guest appearances in the remakes of All Creatures Great and Small ?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I like the ship of BailWell myself. Bailey is sweet and patient though she wouldn’t hesitate to call out Max if he was wrong. Max has an inner sensitivity and Bailey could help with that as well. Of course, I love what Rick has done with both characters, and I wouldn’t change it, but in an alternate reality/universe I would love to see those two together.

TarMax is also appealing to me because Max could help Tarot relax and Tarot could maybe help Max with his catnip problem.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly wouldn't go for Max and Tarot only because I'm not a big fan of couples switching partners around directly and think that is way too contrived. Besides if we did go with Max and Tarot then there would be an expectation that Peanut and Grape would have to become a couple. I would much rather see the four of them in a polyamorous relationship.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

trekkie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:48 pm I like the ship of BailWell myself. Bailey is sweet and patient though she wouldn’t hesitate to call out Max if he was wrong. Max has an inner sensitivity and Bailey could help with that as well. Of course, I love what Rick has done with both characters, and I wouldn’t change it, but in an alternate reality/universe I would love to see those two together.
Perhaps if Max had ended up at Bailey's farm rather that Rufus's.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CunningFox wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:16 am
trekkie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:48 pm I like the ship of BailWell myself. Bailey is sweet and patient though she wouldn’t hesitate to call out Max if he was wrong. Max has an inner sensitivity and Bailey could help with that as well. Of course, I love what Rick has done with both characters, and I wouldn’t change it, but in an alternate reality/universe I would love to see those two together.
But ... then ... no Barn Cats! :cry: :cry: :cry:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 pm
CunningFox wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:16 am
But ... then ... no Barn Cats! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Or maybe Bailey’s farm parents bought a farm closer to the Sandwich farm, where Max decided to stay instead of going to Babylon Gardens.