2020/11/30 - Just Heaven Things

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/11/30 - Just Heaven Things

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/11/30 - Just Heaven Things]
Title Text: also I've never had a good bus ride, but the ride here was triple decker with reclining beds and a diner car

I'm sure it's just a nice chain of events.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/11/30 - Just Heaven Things

Post by Gbr23 »

Ok so the name of the arc is Heavendropper. My theory is that a or some pets are gonna try to escape heaven, go back to Babylon Gardens and when they achieve it (or drop, however you wanna say), Babylon is going to be in a pretty rough state due to the battle going on there
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I have a feeling this is gonna be like the Indoor Spa Arc, but more Wholesome and less fanservice-y... ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The boy’s are loose in heaven’s gates
and Fox here clearly knows the score.
If he’s smart, he’ll pre-empt the fates
and go and knock on Summers’ door.
This time, King’s relaxed all over,
not caring what is going on.
As Bailey plays the wild Rover,
his little world is right on song.
Has anyone seen Lana yet?
Or, indeed, any of her clan?
I hope Bahamut didn’t forget…
Or is that a part of his plan?

I know, it's only three frames old but I wonder how Lana would react to Heaven.

Or, indeed... Breel...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Of course Fat Daryl won a downhill marathon! Who'd wanna get in front of him and risk getting rolled over, eh?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

♫♩ It's too heavenly heeeeere ♩♫ :D
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Geez, now I am wanting to write a special for my fanfic giving my main protagonists a feature length test drive of heaven, even to where the fantastical are possible and their arch nemesis and their empire are invited with them to continue the protagonist vs antagonist dynamic,

Even going to where one by one, each of the heroic family is incapacitated where they are unable to lend a hand and the leader himself have to go head-to-head against his arch nemesis in a fantastic and imaginative spectacle as they fight the final showdown to wrap up their test drive of a vacation
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good two see Fox, King, and Bailey together.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Frank

Post by Frank »

Knight Bus!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Wait... I thought Fox didn't remember Heaven.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ryusuta wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:48 am Wait... I thought Fox didn't remember Heaven.
I think it mostly came back to him after Spring and Summer visited in the Temple Crashers arc.

I wonder if King has told Bailey yet? I kinda think she figured it out herself.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Have to say, Fox is actually looking pretty cool with his scar now. Also, yay for more Bailey and King!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Ryusuta wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:48 am Wait... I thought Fox didn't remember Heaven.
He does remember being there. He just didn't remember what happened there. It was like the long foggy dream. Also, coming back could trigger the memory too. When he meet the heaven girls, it can hit him hard what happened back the last time. He definitely knows he was in Heaven once. But wherever he remembers the details already or the details force him to remember, we will see in the future.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:03 am Good two see Fox, King, and Bailey together.
Yeah, has been a while, hasn't it? Very domestic in kind of an ominous fashion......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awwww so Fox doesn't wear his eye-patch anymore after he was told he wouldn't be blind in that eye? That really sucks. I thought he looked cute with it!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am Awwww so Fox doesn't wear his eye-patch anymore after he was told he wouldn't be blind in that eye? That really sucks. I thought he looked cute with it!
Sometimes when something as beautiful as Heaven is in front of you, ya just gotta see it with both eyes open. ;)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Intrigued where this is going.

Christmas is coming up. This arc feels just long enough for Christmas.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

That looks to be an awesome vacation, indeed, and well, you can't get bad things in Heaven. ;) Bahamut's idea has been pretty good, but we'll see how will go when they'll be displaced again on earth, after the demons problem will be solved. :) Ah, it's already two days you're there. The fat Daryl participated and even won a marathon? Only in Heaven! :lol: Ah, right, being downhill helps: he can be able to roll down... :P :D
House42

Post by House42 »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 am Of course Fat Daryl won a downhill marathon! Who'd wanna get in front of him and risk getting rolled over, eh?
Live footage of an unfortunate victim too slow to avoid the RodaRoraDaryl, probably
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

House42 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:38 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 am Of course Fat Daryl won a downhill marathon! Who'd wanna get in front of him and risk getting rolled over, eh?
Live footage of an unfortunate victim too slow to avoid the RodaRoraDaryl, probably
Another tragedy that might have been avoided if only the public had greater awareness of obesity-conferred velocity... sigh.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I wonder if we’ll see Spring, Summer, and Rufus (and saber tooth ) since the gang is in heaven.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

trekkie wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 pm I wonder if we’ll see Spring, Summer, and Rufus (and saber tooth ) since the gang is in heaven.
Spring and Summer told Fox they'd be seeing him again, and I'm sure Peanut, Grape, and Max would like to see Rufus again.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I'm hoping that everyone who's savvy to magic(k) and Kitsune's existence was at least told about them all being in Heaven. I could see Keene informing Marion & Lois, at the very least.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I see the people who were actually in Heaven before picking up on it as soon as they got the ticket. Which is why Tarot rushed off but Peanut, Grape and Max didn't put it together at first.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Good to see King and Bailey back (not to mention Fox) not seen them for a while.
Disproportionately Dappled
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 pm I'm hoping that everyone who's savvy to magic(k) and Kitsune's existence was at least told about them all being in Heaven. I could see Keene informing Marion & Lois, at the very least.
I very doubt it. It looks like they want to pretend this is real and doesn't even take any concern of Tarot, who they should know she will suspect something. Bahamut was like "what could possibly go wrong". It was Kitsune who actually knew this isn't good idea.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:59 am I see the people who were actually in Heaven before picking up on it as soon as they got the ticket. Which is why Tarot rushed off but Peanut, Grape and Max didn't put it together at first.
Tarot knows Kitsune and his tricks. Also knows about all the celestial things, so it's not her being there, but her knowledge as an avatar of demi-god being. She definitely met Bahamut and was in many places nobody here was, even greater than Heaven. She just knows this stuff pretty well. So she probably even knows more or less what could be happening. Maybe not the details, but she understand the formal things. They are on quarantine because something bad happened. And she also was there when they warned Keene about mana pool and stuff. So she has seen the demons. And she is very smart girl, so she can add 2 to 2 and solve the mystery what can possible be going on.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that she has put all of it together to know what EXACTLY is happening because that would be too much of a leap. She knows that something is going on and it involves the Celestials.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Were Jack wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:29 pm
Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 pm I'm hoping that everyone who's savvy to magic(k) and Kitsune's existence was at least told about them all being in Heaven. I could see Keene informing Marion & Lois, at the very least.
I very doubt it. It looks like they want to pretend this is real and doesn't even take any concern of Tarot, who they should know she will suspect something. Bahamut was like "what could possibly go wrong". It was Kitsune who actually knew this isn't good idea.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:59 am I see the people who were actually in Heaven before picking up on it as soon as they got the ticket. Which is why Tarot rushed off but Peanut, Grape and Max didn't put it together at first.
Tarot knows Kitsune and his tricks. Also knows about all the celestial things, so it's not her being there, but her knowledge as an avatar of demi-god being. She definitely met Bahamut and was in many places nobody here was, even greater than Heaven. She just knows this stuff pretty well. So she probably even knows more or less what could be happening. Maybe not the details, but she understand the formal things. They are on quarantine because something bad happened. And she also was there when they warned Keene about mana pool and stuff. So she has seen the demons. And she is very smart girl, so she can add 2 to 2 and solve the mystery what can possible be going on.
While most of the gang is inclined to add 2 + 2 and come up with 22, Tarot has had more than a little experience with Celestials, Infernals, and beings in between. The absence of GK's little ceramic abomination is a pretty dramatic indicator of how badly the situation is deteriorating.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I gotta say, things involving Heaven tend to be my favorite of the supernatural arcs because they're a lot more whimsical. So I'm excited!

...Until it stop being. :P But we can hope!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe this arc will be more whimsical longer than the other arcs have been which would be an improvement.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Heavendropper? Who's going to bring it down?
I'll bet Fox, his muzzle's a frown,
Bailey's going to see the Olive, Rook, and Ace,
And concern's on Fox's face.

He just can't be content here,
All of it kinda fills him with fear.
All of the free ice cream seems off,
And Fat Daryl winning the race- not possible *cough.*

King's chill with this, though,
He's already seen this show,
And well, since he's not dead,
No reason to dread.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I kind of want to know what the pups Heaven would be like. If only because they haven't been around long enough to experience a lot of things.