Do you think Great Kitsune fathered Craig and Draig?

Discuss the comic here
bjchan95

Do you think Great Kitsune fathered Craig and Draig?

Post by bjchan95 »

I’m having a discussion with a friend, who argues that Kitsune could be the one who fathered Craig and Draig with Kix, while I argue he didn’t and is merely helping Kix raise them since he knows who they truly are. What are you thoughts?
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
96N64player

Re: Do you think Great Kitsune fathered Craig and Draig?

Post by 96N64player »

The whole thing really confused me because didn't Crag, Draig, and Kix sorta "appear" near the end of the Temple Crashers 2 arc? I'm leaning towards your opinion though because in the Hot Springs arc, Kitsune implied that is all that he is doing.
Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm of the opinion that Kitsune is helping Kix to raise them because he knows that they are reincarnated Celestials that would remember him and be annoyed by him and he likes to punish them for everything that they did. I find it hard to imagine Kitsune in a relationship with anybody and likes being a free agent. So he couldn't be the father of Craig and Draig in that way. However, I think he could be the father in a way that he made all of this happen and had them reincarnated into those kits for them to be mortal.

To be honest, another one of my headcanons is that Craig and Draig, because they look significantly different (and because I don't know how fox kits fur patterns when they are in the same litter work) is that Craig and Draig were fathered by different male foxes, making them maternal half-siblings.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Kid mentioned coming from a fur farm, so such a thing isn’t impossible, though fox genetics are weird, and I imagine variation within litters isn’t unheard of.
Back to the fur farm bit, I can easily see it as her being a widow, as I have my doubts that Celestials are allowed to father or bear children with mortals without a lot of paperwork.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm inclined to agree with Amazee; this is just Kitsune continuing to savor the delights of tormenting Pete and Dragon (especially Pete), just as he enjoys "visiting" King and Bailey. Whether he and Kix are "dating" or just pals is up to Rick to develop but I'm also inclined to agree that Kitsune has no interest in the complications of actual paternity.

I do, however, think the puppies and "Uncle Kitsune" could have an interesting adventure or two, not to mention the conniptions King would go through. That, too, resides with Rick's inspirations.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I believe that they are the result of a miracle (i.e. there is no father) based on the line in this comic where Jess says that Ink has already declared one birthing to be an instance of "miraculous conception". Since the only other kits we know of are Ink's and Kix's, she was probably referring to Craig and Draig. (since we know the two fox kits do indeed have something supernatural about them and have no reason to suspect so for Tiny Tum or the other raccoon kit, Occam's razor lends support)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Again, agreed. I can't see Kitsune "fathering" these two in any way except for a kind of episodically instrusive and deliberately annoying guardianship. Responsibility is not particularly GK's "thing".

Also, I must have missed a subtlety in a previous strip (which I frequently do) but when did Tiny Tum acquire a sibling? There are now two raccoon kits? :?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

There've been two raccoon kits since their first appearance (assuming those are indeed Ink and her kits which I do indeed assume ^^ )
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

True, I didn't associate the second with Ink and Tim. Thanks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I am guessing that they are from the same litter then which is why they look the same age. Has the other kit been seen around since then?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

They appear together here. Otherwise it's hard to tell, cause the little raccoon in the K9PD arc isn't tagged as Tiny Tum but is definitely Ink's, so that one could be the other cub (same with the second to last strip of Flip that Den!)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Walk-on actors can be tricky to follow. Haven't seen Cassia's kits around since their introduction; still in bed, mebbee? :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that she is around nursing them and avoiding Jessica who she angered by saying that Zach fathered them through a miraculous conception.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Obbl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:40 am They appear together here. Otherwise it's hard to tell, cause the little raccoon in the K9PD arc isn't tagged as Tiny Tum but is definitely Ink's, so that one could be the other cub (same with the second to last strip of Flip that Den!)
Hmmmm, well, he does refer to Ink as "Mom"...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we know already that he is Tum's brother (twin?).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, he (or she) could be a neighbor's kid. Further information or clarifcation required.

Oh, do I think Great Kitsune fathered Craig and Draig? No. (Well, that was the topic...)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

The kit who appears in the K9PD arc has different facial markings than Tiny Tum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure that he is Tum's sibling and wouldn't be surprised if him/her makes another appearance.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:11 pm Pretty sure that he is Tum's sibling and wouldn't be surprised if him/her makes another appearance.
Might be fun to add a few more feral kits to the next "Imaginate" (I guess Craig and Draig qualify as ferals, right?).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure they do. Even more so that we don't know who their biological father or fathers are.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:20 pm Pretty sure they do. Even more so that we don't know who their biological father or fathers are.
Assuming "being fathered" brought them into this world. We never did see how they transformed from Celestial to Terrestrial beings, although we're pretty sure Great Kitsune had something to do with the process. Or the process may have arisen from some sort of curse which they unleashed by failing to win "the game".

Maybe that's a story Rick's saving for later. I bet Eudoant's involved, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would just love an arc where Kitsune explains the "Celestials and the Infernals" to them as to how they became mortal kits and look forward to the disgusted and horrified looks on their faces. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 pm I would just love an arc where Kitsune explains the "Celestials and the Infernals" to them as to how they became mortal kits and look forward to the disgusted and horrified looks on their faces. XD
That would be an epic, wouldn't it? ... and probably funny as all heck.