Question about King's Kids

Discuss the comic here
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Just one question, does King's offspring have human like behaviors? King was once a human, and he, of course, don't act like a full dog. So I wonder if his kids will end up with some human traits. For example, rather than wanting to bite, run after balls or the mailman, they end up wanting to use cellphones, watch tv and spent most of their time on the internet talking about online comics and software.
VeryAngryDeer

Re: Question about King's Kids

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

If King teaches them human behaviour, then maybe (depends on how strong their natural instincts are and whether they want to ignore their instincts). They won't inherit humanness genetically or anything.
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Do you believe that there is a chance of kids having the same type of personality that they parents have? Like for example, one of king's kids start acting like King, and another like his wife?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Animals in this comic already use phones and watch TV, so if they did behave like that, it would be unlikely that it was due to human instincts.
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Very Angry Deer and Cunning Fox, thanks for the reply!
And about what will their personalities be like, I will just continued reading as the comics come out, to find out.
Anyways, both of you, have a wonderful day!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ninkurou wrote:Do you believe that there is a chance of kids having the same type of personality that they parents have? Like for example, one of king's kids start acting like King, and another like his wife?

Wouldn't surprise me if one of them developed into an anxious sort like King (or another comic strip child like, say, Linus Van Pelt from Peanuts, and then another turned out to be very practical, mellow, and decisive like Bailey. Truthfully, I kinda thought we'd see the pups more frequently than we have, maybe seeing them interact with some of the younger ferals like Craig, Draig, Pueblo, or even Cassia's skunklettes. So, stay tuned....... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There is no doubt that one pup will get King's personality and the other will get Bailey's personality. The third one though could go either way and I highly success the third one will be the pup with no eyes. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A number of cartoonists have used the device of "the speechless character" like a pet, another animal, an infant or very small child who makes witty comments on the behavior of other characters through thought balloons. Snoopy, the Peanuts pooch, was notorious for this style. Sometimes Charlie Brown and other characters could sort of "read his mind", other times not, but Schultz milked that humor for all it was worth. I always though Rick might take the pups, or at least one of them, in that direction.

But, hey, it's Rick's world and I'm just a guest here so enough of me.... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he does go that way, then I think what Rick might due when it comes to their personalities is make one like King, one like Bailey and one who thinks about comments but doesn't talk. I still say the third one will be Ace. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Realistically speaking children pick things up from their parents, and they're growing up with access to technology. They'll almost certainly have human characteristics.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You have to wonder how annoyed that King will get with them as they get older. LOL
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I imagine it'll be the standard "raising kids" hardships that gets portrayed in media.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would love to see how he handles that and what Bailey's reaction will be. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would love to see how he handles that and what Bailey's reaction will be. :P

Won't be Blondie and Dagwood, I suspect!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I imagine the pups will pickup some awkward quirks from King, but I also think they'll probably end up picking up more from growing up in a house full of Wolves.

:D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...or having Craig and Draig around. :twisted:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure that would lead to King breaking from reality when he sees his pups growing up and acting like the Celestial that tormented him and then realized WHY.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, they definitely have the theatrical flair!