Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Headcanons

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:49 am You think we would ever see Griswold and Todd work together to try to pick up girls?
That actually has great comic potentials but ... no. Like the Sasha and Daisy pairing I'd love to see, I just don't think Rick's "drawn" to that particular comic set-up. (See, Rick's an artist so I used the verb "drawn `cause it's clever and ... oh, never mind ..... mmmmph.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Much like Fox, Bill only joined the police force when he gained the confidence to do so and that is what turned him into a man's man.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:42 pm Much like Fox, Bill only joined the police force when he gained the confidence to do so and that is what turned him into a man's man.
... Which is why Maxwell secretly longs to try out for the force, hoping that joining would impress Grape and turn him into a cat's cat. Oh ... and send Bino into a pit of depression!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The youngest Milton ferret Duke is actually REALLY intelligent and only act like a little kid and doesn't know about subtly because the other ferret treat him like a kid so he just goes along with it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot is learning Sanskrit, hoping to acquire some Vedic lore - and impress Peanut who reads Akkadian (or used to).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You think he is able to read it but doesn't know what it is?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:44 am You think he is able to read it but doesn't know what it is?
Well, maybe something like that. I used to be able to read a number of languages but they've atrophied over years of neglect. I recognize still a lot of words but the meaning is fuzzy or just forgotten. Sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No I mean do you think he can read it but doesn't know what the language is CALLED?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:07 am No I mean do you think he can read it but doesn't know what the language is CALLED?
He might not. Peanut did tell Pete that he called him "Pete" because he can't pronounce his real name and now even other Celestials call him "Pete".
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Remember, him not being able to pronounce it was due to it being a dream. I wouldn’t doubt Peanut does know actual Akkadian, though. From what I understand, pronounciation with Akkadian is tricky, as the language had been dead for quite some time. I recall reading that pronounciation has to be derived from related languages.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I found a translator online that can change English into Akkadian but you need to PAY in order to get it done so if you need something translated that is lengthy you are gonna have to put a lot of money into it.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Well, of course it's expensive. You have to transmit it to another universe to get it in the furry paws of Peanut, who painstakingly will suffer over every word, and then have it sent back to this universe. That's not a cheap process.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking it might be easier to just make up random words and shove them together in some sort of phrase and say it is Akkadian because who would know otherwise.

Anyway another headcanon. Cerberus has a crush on Bahamut.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Res has been thinking about ending thePridelands series for some time but he's afraid the fans might kill him.
FalinkesInculta

Post by FalinkesInculta »

King, or rather Joel served in the military to get into college. I mean it doesn't seem his home life as a child was great in a relationship nor economic sense, he had to eat dog food for cryin out loud.
Next up is a song about a beautiful woman i met,

Just kidding,

Its about getting drunk
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dallas is a champion marble player but he almost never plays because, regrettably, he's a little forgetful about where he puts things and keeps losing his marbles.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

FalinkesInculta wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm King, or rather Joel served in the military to get into college. I mean it doesn't seem his home life as a child was great in a relationship nor economic sense, he had to eat dog food for cryin out loud.
To be fair, in a world where pets can and will tell you how their food is, I suspect that canned and dry dog food is likely better than what's in a can of Alpo in our universe.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:47 pm
FalinkesInculta wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm King, or rather Joel served in the military to get into college. I mean it doesn't seem his home life as a child was great in a relationship nor economic sense, he had to eat dog food for cryin out loud.
To be fair, in a world where pets can and will tell you how their food is, I suspect that canned and dry dog food is likely better than what's in a can of Alpo in our universe.
When Peanut and Grape went to Rufus's farm, they got to talk to their "food".
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Grape didn't talk so much as taunted.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Weren't the farm animals total jerks to them first?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

My recollection is that Grape was yelling at a cow about how she was upcoming dinner, and the cow seemed rather nonplussed.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, they got along just fine. The horses were pretty patient with Peanut, too. They didn’t even mind the fact that Peanut saw them as “potential food.”
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Made of Wind", "Action Replay", "Money for Nothing", and an unnamed cow with a remarkably compassionate attitude towards a certain purple cat who has subsequently matured were eventually transferred to a farm sanctuary. They frequently reminisce about what a great dog Rufus was but how he sure had some peculiar city friends. On rare occasions, they speculate about the fate of a rambunctious kitten fostered by the Barn Cats and who supposedly met with one of several dark, sinister, and violent fates which he may or may not have deserved.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha still has some small residual feelings for Fido.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rex has never been asked to bake a birthday cake for anyone and, sometimes, he feels hurt by this oversight.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He must be really good with making pet-safe cakes so maybe he should branch into making cakes for humans.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Poncho and his girlfriend don't get along very well.

Peanut was inspired to create Spot after wondering what would happen if Batman 66 starred Superman instead. He then replaced Superman with a dog and the rest is history.
Last edited by D-Rock on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: please use the Edit feature as opposed to trouble-posting if you wish to add more to your most recent post.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gale has uncovered a vulnerability in the Milton investment pyramid ... so ... what to do with this "opportunity"?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Part of the reason that Henry Milton disowned Thomas and Celia is that they were both involved in a pyramid scheme to make money and defraud people. Celia managed to get them out of the charges though. If it was just Thomas though, he would be in prison for 25 years.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sargeant Ralph's "Dad" has an old World War One German spiked helmet in beautiful condition, and ol'Sarge REEEEEEEEEALLLLLY wants to wear it to work someday. So far, his professional demeanor had prevailed against the temptation.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut discovered how to use his vivid imagination when he was taught by another pet that was in the same shelter as him before he was adopte dby the Sandwiches.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Marion has taught Devo how to play chess; Devo is not doing as well teaching Marion to play fetch.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It isn't that Marion doesn't know how to play, its just that he DOESN'T want to. LOL
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Especially since, in Devos version, Marion is the stick.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Fox's love of action movies comes from one of the very first things Bill did with him after adopting the little husky pup was watching the 1989 film "K-9" together. Bet that film has an interesting dynamic in the "Housepets" world.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:21 pm Fox's love of action movies comes from one of the very first things Bill did with him after adopting the little husky pup was watching the 1989 film "K-9" together. Bet that film has an interesting dynamic in the "Housepets" world.
"Imaginate" potential? Fox could finally star in his "Summer BlockBuster" ... mebbee?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:29 pm
Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:21 pm Fox's love of action movies comes from one of the very first things Bill did with him after adopting the little husky pup was watching the 1989 film "K-9" together. Bet that film has an interesting dynamic in the "Housepets" world.
"Imaginate" potential? Fox could finally star in his "Summer BlockBuster" ... mebbee?
At least he wouldn’t be jeopardizing investigations, then.

At her farm in Kansas, Bailey was friends with cats and always found Fox’s dislike of them ‘silly’.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if she wasn't, I can't see her being prejudiced or disliking them like how Bino does as he is openly racist.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:29 am Even if she wasn;t, I can't see her being prejudiced or disliking them like how Bino does as he is openly racist.
(Haven't seen the little jerk in a while, have we? Wonder if he'll turn up for Christmas?)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The reason that Jessica openly mocked "The Opener of Ways" and had no belief in anything that was vaguely religious is because she is an atheist.