Discuss the comic here
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

GRAPENUT SHIP Resurfacing?"

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

This Is Where We Can Talk About The GRAPENUT SHIP
Amazee Dayzee

Re: GRAPENUT SHIP Resurfacing?"

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that this is just a tease and Rick set it up because he likes seeing ships fight each other. XD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Is it still considered a tease when the two characters in question are actively making out with each other, or by that point has it advanced to something bigger?
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wait, I thought Grape was Tarot?? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If we ever do get Grapenut making out actively, is it wrong for me to hope that Earl and Jill walk in on them and see their reaction?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, Earl and Jill seem to be remarkably laid back for Housepets humans; they could probably handle it very tactfully. ;)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

They would probably find it cute and make some photos :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The nature of relationships are different for humans than animals but I would still find it a bit weird and I can't explain why that two pets who call each the same two people mom and dad are in a relationship with each other. Maybe had I read "Housepets! The Series."

Speaking of that, what happened to valerio?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The nature of relationships are different for humans than animals but I would still find it a bit weird and I can't explain why that two pets who call each the same two people mom and dad are in a relationship with each other. Maybe had I read "Housepets! The Series."

Speaking of that, what happened to valerio?
He is still around just doesn't post on this part of the forum much anymore really.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I assume his fanfic is dead also then?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so if it repeatedly goes under the radar only to resurface later, does that make the ship a submarine?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Buster wrote:so if it repeatedly goes under the radar only to resurface later, does that make the ship a submarine?
:lol: Buster, you win an Internet
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Buster wrote:so if it repeatedly goes under the radar only to resurface later, does that make the ship a submarine?
...or a fishing line bobber! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And people say that my gags are old and not funny. LOL
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

NHWestoN wrote:
...or a fishing line bobber! ;)
but that's not a type of ship...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I know. But it resembles one by a vast stretch of the imagination so I just thought I'd "float" it. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

...I'm leaving before the toxic puns kill me.

XD
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I regret reading this thread :evil: :evil: :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should. These puns are bad for your health! LOL
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

So, if this is true, that Grapenut is resurfacing.

Does anyone else ship Max and Tarot?
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hawkfang42 wrote:So, if this is true, that Grapenut is resurfacing.

I'm kinda not sure, Hawk. What I think happened is that, for a very special purpose (showing Tarot how to open up to affection), Grape let her and Max witness the private loving relationship between her and Peanut. So, I guess, two things happened there. First of all, for all you "Grapenuts" out there (and I'm one), Rick wants you to know that Grape and Peanut love each other and do get "mushy" from time to time. To quote Goldie's line from Fiddler on the Roof, "If that's not love, then what is?" He's dropped the occasional hint that these two still love each other but not made it so open in years. Second, "Grapenut" will not interfere with Grape's affection for Maxwell or Peanut's for Tarot; those ships will continue full sail. So I probably would not expect another "Grapenut" episode for a very long time, if ever.

Buuuuuuuut it's Rick's world. Who knows what he'll do to tell another great story.
Or so thinks me.... ;)

Does anyone else ship Max and Tarot?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think secretly that Rick likes to make the fans of each ship get into a frenzy and attack each other. :3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He does enjoy promoting animated and erudite exchanges of opinion, now that you point it out ..... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since it takes a long time to make the comics and think up arcs, I'm sure that he wants to do SOMETHING that will amuse him. LOL
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Tbh if I were in Rick's position, I'd love to get the community riled up :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dunno, I imagine Rick is more annoyed than anything with arguing fans. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you know anything to bring publicity to your work is a good thing. :3
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'm worried this might be seen as political, but I hope not because this has been in my head for the last couple days since I cought up on the comic. I also don't know where to say this, but given the context of this thread I think it would work...

It feels as though the grape/penut relationship is hinting at what would be a healthy polyamorus relationship. Of course they need to be better at communication. But the gist is that they clearly love each other in a way that's more intense than their other relationships.

But it seems like the lesson here is that they can (at least in a chain) be mushy together and all cute. Of course it won't be taken super seriously in a comic like this, and it doesn't need to be.

I don't think I can explain this as well as it works in my head.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sleet wrote:I dunno, I imagine Rick is more annoyed than anything with arguing fans. :P
Yeah, he's gotten a little exasperated at times, but overall he's pretty hands-off.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he gets annoyed at the fans more than he can handle, I think he could spite them by completely blowing the ship and sinking it like the Titanic.
Champion Wallace

Re: GRAPENUT SHIP Resurfacing?

Post by Champion Wallace »

22xander wrote:I'm worried this might be seen as political, but I hope not because this has been in my head for the last couple days since I cought up on the comic. I also don't know where to say this, but given the context of this thread I think it would work...

It feels as though the grape/penut relationship is hinting at what would be a healthy polyamorus relationship. Of course they need to be better at communication. But the gist is that they clearly love each other in a way that's more intense than their other relationships.

But it seems like the lesson here is that they can (at least in a chain) be mushy together and all cute. Of course it won't be taken super seriously in a comic like this, and it doesn't need to be.

I don't think I can explain this as well as it works in my head.
First of all, welcome back to the forums.
You'd hardly be the first one to suggest the Sandwich pets were part of a polyamorous relationship. It was preposed when Grape first kissed Peanut, it was brought up again in the Hearts and Minds arc discussion, and it has been mentioned intermittently. As a model it works well at describing their dynamic, though it's not perfect. This may be outdated, but when people were trying to label the relationship after Just Friends, Rick Griffin put forward.
rickgriffin wrote:How about "English doesn't really have a phrase to describe it because society prefers that you love only one person and keep everyone else at arm's length"
The cape comes with the promotion.
22xander

Re: GRAPENUT SHIP Resurfacing?

Post by 22xander »

Champion Wallace wrote:First of all, welcome back to the forums.
You'd hardly be the first one to suggest the Sandwich pets were part of a polyamorous relationship. It was preposed when Grape first kissed Peanut, it was brought up again in the Hearts and Minds arc discussion, and it has been mentioned intermittently. As a model it works well at describing their dynamic, though it's not perfect. This may be outdated, but when people were trying to label the relationship after Just Friends, Rick Griffin put forward.
rickgriffin wrote:How about "English doesn't really have a phrase to describe it because society prefers that you love only one person and keep everyone else at arm's length"
Thanks, I'm happy to be back around.

To be honest it really does seem to be that way to me, with the possibility (though I still have trouble understanding it) that was broached to me that they are the level that in LGBT comunity describe as queerplatonic. Not quite a romantic relationship, but closer to romance than freindship.

It's the stuff they describe as being mushy, more than regular freinds, which kind hints at one of the two... Or both. We as humans are developing a better vocabulary for this subject as we move on over the course of time. It's clear their relationship to each other is different from their romantic relationships, but no less intense, so that really is how I would describe it
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

That largely fits with my reading of their relationship :D
22xander

Post by 22xander »

It would make sense that the pets are better at it than we are. Poly wasn't common when this comic first came out, and I don't even think queerplatonic was a word xD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

M'hmm. "mushy stuff." It really kinda works in a self-defining sorta way. ;)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't take "mushy" as meaning anything romantic. Just especially affectionate. I'm pretty sure animals tend to be more physically affectionate than humans.

I won't be satisfied unless Grape and Peanut break up and date each other. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Sleet wrote:I don't take "mushy" as meaning anything romantic. Just especially affectionate. I'm pretty sure animals tend to be more physically affectionate than humans.

XD see, I'm perfectly happy to see that kind of affection as meaning they are closer than freinds. Maybe not full romance, but something close.

Then again, I come from a comnity full of Polly people, so I'm a little biased.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Peanut and Grape do break up with Tarot and max and start dating, then I really do need to see Earl and Jill's reactions to their children "dating" each other and trying not to be disturbed by it as they think of the two as brother and sister. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sleet wrote:I don't take "mushy" as meaning anything romantic. Just especially affectionate. I'm pretty sure animals tend to be more physically affectionate than humans.

I've been around animals all my life and seen a lot of cross-species affection. Our cats and dogs would have these episodic outburst of the snugglies that were quite endearing. We had a very old cat who developed a particular yowl that eventually our border collie would answer. He was very protective of the old girl. They would get affectionate occasionally. Both are long gone now. Our last cat, Andy, and our dog Sophie tended to give each other a lot of space but, every now and then, the cat would lie down beside the dog and purr away. Like people, critters tend to be individuals, but it makes for a gentler world. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes and I have seen some species show some affection to animals of a different one also but that doesn't mean that they are in love with each other and want to mate.