Character Interactions (THE SPHERES)

Discuss the comic here
fenrirblack

Character Interactions (THE SPHERES)

Post by fenrirblack »

We have Team A and Team B which consists of the main characters but over time the character dynamics have changed. As of right now this is what I have come up with as far as where everyone stands currently within the Spheres.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Character Interactions (THE SPHERES)

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So do we say which character we think belongs in each sphere?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He's saying that these are the established social circles.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is there a way for us to bring different spheres together though using this as a guide? Tiger and Marvin might only interact with each other but Zach is still their brother and that leads to them possibly interacting with the woodland critters.

Tiger and the woodland critters who aren't Jessica. That is a scary though.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Mild note, but while Rick hasn't showcased it much, Spo and Squeak can interact, and honestly I don't know why there aren't at least a few more one-offs involving them
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Now let's see an exhaustive graph with any and all interactions! :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Would Gale and Pueblo go into the Wolf circle or they kinda on their own? Interesting depiction....
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Would Gale and Pueblo go into the Wolf circle or they kinda on their own? Interesting depiction....
Right now, we don’t know what Circle they will fit into... I’m really hoping that Rick doesn’t avoid a parallel of them being role model(s?)to the cats of the place considering the “TheWolf” family is that for the dogs

[edit] also, this is weird if we got this twisted, but when we’ve been saying Kari doesn’t fit into any specific circle, we’re we actually talking about Kitsune? Because I’ll admit, less an argument there than I might have with Kari’s circle which constantly is changing
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Karishad also works for the Miltons, and the wolves and King (and by extension, his family) are also under the Miltons.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Although, of late, Kari seems to be hanging out with the feral folks at Jessica's. He's an elusive sort.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When Rick needs him to be involved in any of the spheres to advance the story along, I'm sure he will somehow appear with them. XD
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Although, of late, Kari seems to be hanging out with the feral folks at Jessica's. He's an elusive sort.
That's why I put him with the ferals. A few years ago he would be with the Miltons and before that probably by himself. I don't know what to do with Zach now that he's moved by with Tiger and Marvin. I feel like he could be in their sphere but I don't want to do anything until I get more solid information. The spheres are technically constantly changing more or less. Right now Dragon and Pete don't really belong in the top tier spheres or as secondary characters anymore. They should really be with the ferals as tertiary characters but since their new roles have yet to be fully established I'm leaving them be as a lingering remnant of their past roles in the comic.

Because it was brought up, here's a different chart showing the character's modern relations to one another. It's not perfect, for example I couldn't show that Fido and Sabrina were together but we all know that.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I know why it’s there, but I find it funny you put Rick in the all spot... also, would we have to put Superdog somewhere in here?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As a creature solely of Peanut's imagination, Spot either emanates from him or doesn't matter, I'd say.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:As a creature solely of Peanut's imagination, Spot either emanates from him or doesn't matter, I'd say.
Considering how many comics focus on him and the other characters Peanut comes up with in his comics that intentionally make no sense, sadly I don’t think it can be the latter
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wanna add a circle for the "Zoo Crew"? (Bruce and Roosevelt, Shadrul, Thomas and Sophie, etc.) Maybe the Infernals - although Eudoant and little dino demon are the only ones we know. Kix, Cory, and Trinket in the Feral tree ... am I getting too picky?
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Wanna add a circle for the "Zoo Crew"? (Bruce and Roosevelt, Shadrul, Thomas and Sophie, etc.) Maybe the Infernals - although Eudoant and little dunk demon are the only ones we know. Kix, Cory, and Trinket in the Feral tree ... am I getting too picky?
Okay, Roosevelt and Bruce are tertiary enough to have their own sphere. They have had their own chapter. Kix is significant enough I guess as well as Cory and Trinket to qualify as tertiary. The rest are not. I doubt we'll ever see Thomas or Sophie again. And I know we'll never see Shadrul again. Honestly I doubt we'll see Eudoant for another ten years.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In the Temple Crashers arc, I just want to point out we only have seen Thomas. I would really like to know what is going on with his cousin Celia.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lurking somewhere out there, I'm sure.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

She’s probably sitting somewhere in Boulder with a martini in her hand. Oh man though, could you imagine if Thomas called her after the temple.

Celia: Hello.
Thomas: Celia, its me Thomas. I’m in a bit of a situation.
Celia: Thomas? It’s been seven years since you last called me. Don’t tell me you’re back in jail.
Thomas: Not exactly jail but I’m not entirely free at the moment.
Celia: Well, did you at least get your hands on that ”treasure” you were bragging about.
Thomas: Well, yes I did but it wasn’t exactly what I expected. Turns out that treasure was a bit....cursed.”
Celia:........cursed? Describe cursed.
Thomas: The treasure turned me into a camel.
Celia:.........
Thomas: Celia, are you still there?
Celia: Yeah, I’m still here, I just had to check the expiration date of this bottle. Milton’s treasure turned you into a camel.
Thomas: Yes, and now I’m stuck at the zoo.
Celia: What do you expect me to do about it?
Thomas: What do you mean what I expect you to do. I expect you to come break me out.
Celia: As a rational human being, which you are apparently not anymore (if you ever were), I’m afraid I can’t help you. Your on your own.
Thomas: Celia, please you don’t understand what’s it’s like. Little kids constantly pointing at me and mocking me.
Celia: Maybe you and your larceny gloves can’t break out. What about Steward, I thought he was your new partner in all of this?
Thomas: He got turned into a badger after touching the one coin I smuggled out of the temple. After that I don’t know what happened to him. I’m sure he’s out somewhere twiddling his thumbs.
Celia: speaking of which, how are you talking to me right now without your thumbs?
Thomas: This nice Tiger is holding a cell phone he got from a weird little fox a while back. Say hi, Shardul.
Shardul: Hey.
Celia: I’m hanging up Thomas. Good luck with the zoo. Do me a favor if you do manage to get out. Don’t call me. By the way, thanks for cutting me out of the deal seven years ago. I owe you one.

In my mind, that was supposed to be funnier and shorter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure wherever she is, Celia is so happy that her cousin double-crossed her and as a result has taken all of that bad luck. I wouldn't be surprised if after that her luck got much better.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Mungo & Pete in the same circle. Okayyyyyyyyy?
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sort of like seven degrees of separation except with not that many degrees. Pete turned Joel into King, who is a brother-in-law (formerly cousin-in-law) to Fox who is partners with Mungo.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The same logic for Dragon being in the same sphere as Res.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Itsuki? On his own? I get the feeling Earl Sandwich keeps an eye on him, but that's not enough - maybe - to align him with Peanut and Grape.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Itsuki did interact with a couple of other characters at different points but they most likely were just one time deals.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I have a feeling it’s because Rick really wishes we’d forget the detail that he’s considered a full citizen in Japan alongside the free cat kingdom Jata is in charge of. Honestly, it’s fun to consider reasons Rick doesn’t use certain characters, especially if it’s not an issue of them being dull to write for. For example, we know the reason Rick doesn’t use the sandwiches much, he doesn’t enjoy drawing humans
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I understand where he’s coming from not wanting to draw humans but at the same time this is a comic about Pets therefore by definition are owned by humans. So they are such an important part of the comic and should be included more if nothing else than logistics. It’s always bothered me how the pets do all these things without any humans around. It really is the Secret Life of Pets at this point.
I think that’s the real reason for the coins extistance. It’s basically a tool Rick can use to take all the human characters in the comic and actually use them without having to “draw humans.” Bill would be the most obvious choice if you were going to change one of the owners. He’s significant, dynamic, single, and his relationship to King and Fox would add the most substantial plot. There’s some karma there too as the icing on the cake. Plus he can join the K9 if he gets turned into a dog. I’m thinking golden retriever.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I understand where he’s coming from not wanting to draw humans but at the same time this is a comic about Pets therefore by definition are owned by humans. So they are such an important part of the comic and should be included more if nothing else than logistics. It’s always bothered me how the pets do all these things without any humans around. It really is the Secret Life of Pets at this point.
I think that’s the real reason for the coins extistance. It’s basically a tool Rick can use to take all the human characters in the comic and actually use them without having to “draw humans.” Bill would be the most obvious choice if you were going to change one of the owners. He’s significant, dynamic, single, and his relationship to King and Fox would add the most substantial plot. There’s some karma there too as the icing on the cake. Plus he can join the K9 if he gets turned into a dog. I’m thinking golden retriever.
Adding onto this, assuming the Milton’s are in the loop on what happened, getting a bit of paperwork to allow him to at least legally remain a human, Bill honestly is an even better pick than you might think. I believe you thought of him for the K-9 unit since he’s already a cop, but consider the possiblity he might end up Ralph’s senior, and considering Rick’s (unintentional) showcase of Ralph being a bit incompetent in the fanservice arc, Bill could likely end up taking the dog’s place, can you imagine how Ralph would respond to no longer being in charge? Also I hope he keeps riding the motorcycle, even if it makes no sense anymore on how he can operate it... also, if not a dog, I hope he’s a mouse, just so Fido and Fox have something more in common that be pretty amusing considering their relationships would be reversed (Spo is technically Fido’s pet, Fox would still be Bill’s pet)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I understand where he’s coming from not wanting to draw humans but at the same time this is a comic about Pets therefore by definition are owned by humans. So they are such an important part of the comic and should be included more if nothing else than logistics. It’s always bothered me how the pets do all these things without any humans around. It really is the Secret Life of Pets at this point.
Adding onto this, assuming the Milton’s are in the loop on what happened, getting a bit of paperwork to allow him to at least legally remain a human, Bill honestly is an even better pick than you might think. I believe you thought of him for the K-9 unit since he’s already a cop, but consider the possiblity he might end up Ralph’s senior, and considering Rick’s (unintentional) showcase of Ralph being a bit incompetent in the fanservice arc, Bill could likely end up taking the dog’s place, can you imagine how Ralph would respond to no longer being in charge? Also I hope he keeps riding the motorcycle, even if it makes no sense anymore on how he can operate it... also, if not a dog, I hope he’s a mouse, just so Fido and Fox have something more in common that be pretty amusing considering their relationships would be reversed (Spo is technically Fido’s pet, Fox would still be Bill’s pet)
For him to be Ralph’s superior the police department would have to know what happened to him. That would be awkward for the department to still keep him on staff even after what happened. I can’t imagine they would be cool with that. I guess if the head of of the precinct was the only one who knew then it would be fine. It would be hush hush and Bill would be assigned to the K9 Unit. Logistics aside I think that would be an amazing story of just having Bill, Fox, and Mungo having another crime to solve. I can totally see Bill trying to ride his motorcycle but is too small now so he gets stuck with the little scooter Fox and Mungo used. The story writes itself.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
For him to be Ralph’s superior the police department would have to know what happened to him. That would be awkward for the department to still keep him on staff even after what happened. I can’t imagine they would be cool with that. I guess if the head of of the precinct was the only one who knew then it would be fine. It would be hush hush and Bill would be assigned to the K9 Unit. Logistics aside I think that would be an amazing story of just having Bill, Fox, and Mungo having another crime to solve. I can totally see Bill trying to ride his motorcycle but is too small now so he gets stuck with the little scooter Fox and Mungo used. The story writes itself.
Despite it no longer being necessary... the bucket seat better still be utilized. After Bill though, I think the Sandwiches be next, specifically Earl as he’s probably one of the few humans with a developed personality. Don’t know what they’d turn into, but honestly, the “parents” of the main character going on some of their pets adventures with them is an appealing concept on its own, just to see how they react. The question is if both or only one of them should change, if one changes, the other being employed could explain how aside from their being a third animal in the house, nothing changes drastically for the family... though I think we’d all prefer both of them get changed. I’m hoping one of them turns into a mouse, as while a dog and/or cat be nice, I really want to see the comedy that ensues from Grapes new dynamic with them due to the change... also, gonna call something here, when they inevitably find a way to reverse the curse, it only will work halfway, werewolf types of creatures allows the humans to keep up the necessary ownership stuff, while also giving Rick a way to involve them in more stories... wouldn’t mind also if you could spot a transformed human easily as aside from King and the two fugitives, all of them do their best to keep wearing pants.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...wearing pants might be the easiest complication with this transformation. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If they have to change I hope that it is only temporary because we do need humans in the comic.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If they have to change I hope that it is only temporary because we do need humans in the comic.
I did bring up the werewolf possibility right? I agree, Rick can’t just get rid of humans, but since some of the most fun characters are human, be neat if we saw more of them due to curse wasn’t fully gone
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It would be interesting to see Ryan turned into a dog so then he can play D&D with Joey’s crew. A whole new experience for him. And the other human dorks can join and it can be a massive party. Dorks vs nerds.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean that there is a distinction between dorks and nerds? XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean that there is a distinction between dorks and nerds? XD
I think there is actually, same with freaks and geeks as well. I forget what they actually mean... aside from dork which the only reason I’m not saying is because I’m not 100 percent sure + while I think it’s silly, it might be mildly considered against the rules? Better safe than sorry on that
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean that there is a distinction between dorks and nerds? XD
The character list on that page listed Ryan and Friends as “dorks” and Facebook referred to Lester as “neeeeerd” so I went with it. The humans are dorks and the dogs are nerds now.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

LOL. I wanna see which ones would get pounded by the jocks and cool kids more then in that case. :mrgreen:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

these days? the jock is the one with the biggest bullseye if my nephew's school is anything to go by.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.