Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
trekkie

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by trekkie »

Max meets a cat who claims to be his birth father. He starts spending time with the guy but it turns out the cat is a con artist. After learning the truth, Max is comforted by Peanut and Tarot, while Sabrina and Grape teach the what happens when you hurt someone the dearly care about. After pummeling him, they turn him over to the K-9s.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

North Star has been practicing his drawing skills and presents a comic to Peanut that is much better than his first attempt and Peanut decides to ask him to do a comic with him.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

trekkie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm Max meets a cat who claims to be his birth father. He starts spending time with the guy but it turns out the cat is a con artist. After learning the truth, Max is comforted by Peanut and Tarot, while Sabrina and Grape teach the what happens when you hurt someone the dearly care about. After pummeling him, they turn him over to the K-9s.
Reminds me of an old story arc from the comic Heathcliff, but in that case the dad was actually the dad but was still a criminal
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Daisy challenges Bino for President of the Good Ol' Dogs Club. She's gonna extend Grape an honorary membership.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm Daisy challenges Bino for President of the Good Ol' Dogs Club. She's gonna extend Grape an honorary membership.
That might be interesting, I’d love to see someone challenge Duchess and Bino.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape finally figures out how to get Peanut to stop interrupting her from her naps by promising if he doesn't she will help him with his comics. Peanut agrees but unfortunately Grape sucks at making the type of fan fiction that Peanut is used to.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The King puppies wander off into the woods and get lost. They encounter Tum who invites them to the treehouse, much to the horror of Ink who fears both animal control and the terror legends ascribe to Bailey.
Bailey and King, meanwhile, are frantic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger somehow manages to get ANOTHER obnoxiously large marshmallow that wasn't cut into Peeps and actually DOES manage to turn them into Tiger Peeps but unlike before where he ate them in his sleep, Tiger eats all of them before he gets the chance to sell them at high prices.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Bino tries to take a more definite leadership of the Good Old Dogs Club by trying to rally the group behind a common cause but poorly chooses to do so by ranting against a nonexistent "feline menace" that he believes is engulfing the neighborhood. This doesn't work but after a particularly mean rant about all those felidae one of the celestials, probably Kitsune, turns Bino into a cat to have a little fun. This naturally leads to much physical slapstick for Bino because no matter what his species the universe has it in for him...and later deep questioning of his sense of self after he finds himself legitimately befriending one of the Mr. Bigglesworths.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 pm Tiger somehow manages to win ANOTHER obnoxiously large marshmallow that wasn't cut into Peeps and actually DOES manage to turn them into Tiger Peeps but unlike before where he ate them in his sleep, Tiger eats all of them before he gets the chance to sell them at high prices.
Yup, that sounds about right. Hehehe. The only thing more infinite than the universe is Tiger's hunger.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

TruTV decides that they want to make a new series titled "Developments in Babylon Gardens" to chronicle the lives of the pets that live there.

It gets cancelled before the first season ends because of low ratings from it being too boring.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:23 pm TruTV decides that they want to make a new series titled "Developments in Babylon Gardens" to chronicle the lives of the pets that live there.

It gets cancelled before the first season ends because of low ratings from it being too boring.
There's no market for "Unreality TV" anymore. Sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Max like many cats HATES taking baths so Jeff offers a deal with him. He won't have to bathe as long as he doesn't want to and Jeff won't nag him. Max jumps at the chance but somehow falls into every kind of filth imaginable and starts stinking so Jeff tells him to stay out of the house. Eventually Max is so sickened by his own stench that he agrees to bathe but Jeff has to give him multiple baths because of how bad the smell on him is.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Peanut gets to meet the author of his favorite comic book. Unfortunately, the author turns out to be a real prima donna and jerk and insults Peanut’s work. Disillusioned, Peanut gives up on Spot(Superdog) and even Imaginates. Grape, Tarot, and Maxwell rebuild Peanut’s faith in art and writing. Then, while Max and Tarot help Peanut with a new Imaginate and some Spot strips, Grape seeks out the author and delivers some purple cat justice. (She pounds the carp out of him.)

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Not so much a plot as a random thought.

Been watching a classic British Si-Fi series recently. SAPPHIRE & STEEL. Two 'higher beings' who protect the Earth. Their opponents are creatures that live in the time stream, forever trying to break in to the present (1979-84). Sapphire (Joanna Lumley) is friendly, charming, can sense changes, is able to turn time back (a little) and beautiful. Steel (David Macallum) is handsome, cold, stern and willing to manipulate or sacrifice anyone to ensure the win. (One story they only win BECAUSE he deliberately sacrifices an innocent) They share an empathic link. I wonder which pair could carry that off in the Housepets! scenario?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 am Not so much a plot as a random thought.

Been watching a classic British Si-Fi series recently. SAPPHIRE & STEEL. Two 'higher beings' who protect the Earth. Their opponents are creatures that live in the time stream, forever trying to break in to the present (1979-84). Sapphire (Joanna Lumley) is friendly, charming, can sense changes, is able to turn time back (a little) and beautiful. Steel (David Macallum) is handsome, cold, stern and willing to manipulate or sacrifice anyone to ensure the win. (One story they only win BECAUSE he deliberately sacrifices an innocent) They share an empathic link. I wonder which pair could carry that off in the Housepets! scenario?
Tarot would have to be Sapphire. She acts strange but friendly, is telepathic, and has eyes that glow when she uses her powers. (Or at least, she used to have those abilities.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dallas wants to become a firehouse dog but he's afraid the other nerds would mock him. Fox finds out and tries to encourage him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino hears about how Peanut read every single book in the library and tries to beat his record by reading every single book faster than Peanut did.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Tiger throws a party in order to try to socially interact more with other dogs (encouraged by Marvin and Zach). The lights are off for the whole party, and it’s nighttime. The only pets who show up are cats, and Tiger fails to realize this until he wakes up the next day.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Maybe if wanted dogs to come, he shouldnt have had the party in the pitch-black night.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 pm Bino hears about how Peanut read every single book in the library and tries to beat his record by reading every single book faster than Peanut did.
He is foiled when he encounters books that refer to cats in positive terms.

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:12 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 pm Bino hears about how Peanut read every single book in the library and tries to beat his record by reading every single book faster than Peanut did.
He is foiled when he encounters books that refer to cats in positive terms.
In a Housepets universe, is there a section of the library for animals specifically? Do animal authors get shelved differently?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if there was something like a children’s section for pets. Hard to know about animal authors, as the only author we know of is Res and those were written under his mom’s name.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All I know was that in one of the one-off strips which is where I take bits and pieces of my ideas Peanut told Fox that he already read every book and the only reason why he didn't get to "Dune" and had to borrow it from Fox is because their copy was back-ordered.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I sort of assume people read the "Pridelands" series, too. They make movies from them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somehow I don't think that they would make movies only for animals so you probably have a point there about humans reading it though there IS a channel made specifically for dogs.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:21 pm Somehow I don't think that they would make movies only for animals so you probably have a point there about humans reading it though there IS a channel made specifically for dogs.
Many years ago, NPR had an article on a fellow trying to start "The Puppy Channel", a network devoted entirely to all-things puppies. Then, of course, there's "The Puppy Bowl", a close rival to "The Super Bowl".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

After MUCH asking and hinting about how he would like to make up for what happened last time, Kevin convinces Ralph to have Ralph and all of the K-9s pose for a new calendar but Ralph oversees Terrence to make sure the pictures of all of them and not just Kevin get put into the calendar.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

I've mentioned this idea in passing in other topics,so to make it official I'll put it here...Queen Elizabeth's corgis hear about an American corgi that insisted on a human wedding, and convince the Queen that such a unique corgi needs to be one of hers. She contacts the Miltons who are only too glad to make it happen and before you can say "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown", King's family and Earl(chaperone)are driving on the left side of the road.

In a bookend to the heaven/spirit Dragon powered Pridelands Imaginate , Negabrill and/or other daemons create a "Spot Superdog" Imaginate casting Peanut as the villian,doomed to eventually get superpunched by his own creation. CAN Peanut convince Spot that not all problems need be punched?
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the Edit button on the top right corner of your post if you wish to immediately add more.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keene wants to hire Res to ghost write his autobiography.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The squirrel that ran headfirst into glass door of the Sandwich house thinks that Peanut is afraid of him because he screamed when the squirrel hit the door so he tells all of his friends and they try to run roughshod over Peanut by stealing from the house and trying to intimidate him. Peanut goes to Grape to teach how how to be assertive and get the squirrel menace to back off.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dallas gets lost in the woods and Ink finds him. She tries to explain "The Opener" to him, and Dallas tries to enlighten her about Star Trek. It gets weird but, eventually, Dallas gets safely home.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger's psychopathic tendencies start to get worse and it all comes to a head when he tries to kill Bino.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sabrina sees Fido with a female dog, when she confronts him he tells her it’s, K-9 business. Still feeling unsure she goes to talk to her ex, Maxwell. Max reassures Sabrina of Fido’s devotion, and Sabrina feels a reawakening of romantic feelings towards the black and grey tomcat.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zachery comes home for a visit and Marvin, of course, is delighted. Tiger acts very surly and uncommunicative but then breaks down and admits to missing ol'long ears.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut decides to get into the business of making treats and decides on snow cream and has plenty of good ideas and begins to build a stand for it...

...Then Grape informs him that summer is coming up so he won't be able to get any snow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

To everyone's surprise, Natalie wins a vacation to "Pet-Vegas" but ... there's a catch. She's not really a pet. Can Keene (and Mr. London) solve this ... or will they instead dynamite her dream?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

After misunderstanding what a bait and tackle shop is, Kevin decides to take up fishing because he really liked looking at the lures despite thinking it was a shop for ACTUALLY tackling people.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thinking it's a boutique cafeteria, Trinket visits the "bait and tackle shop" and gets "hooked". :roll:
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

In a seemingly alternate universe Thomas Milton chooses not to take the gold from the temple but instead does take the green healing liquid and calls it good. Surprisingly it's magical healing effects remain outside the temple and he's able to use it to not only heal Steward of his itching terror ivy infection but in fact cure all known diseases in the world instantly and tastily. They are able to replicate the liquid and sell it in huge volumes, making Thomas, Steward, and Sofia all insanely rich beyond imagine. Thomas is hailed as a modern day trailblazer on the scale of a Silicon Valley bigwig as he opens the door for humans to use magic to solve all of their problems though reverse engineering the liquid. He becomes so rich he scoffs off anything further with the ferrets because they are just "so poor by comparison it is irrelevant now." Steward retires to a private island and jokingly funds the ECP for Keene just as a "minor tax write-off," having no concerns in the world beyond how many expensive drinks he plans to enjoy this week. Sofia literally buys a Middle Eastern country so she can use it as a vacation home. All of their wildest dreams come true and the liquid paves the way for a new golden age for humanity free of disease where it can truly conquer and control all aspects of Earth as its forever most dominant species...

Then Thomas wakes up. He's still a camel. He still lives at the zoo. He's still broke. Humanity may also be doomed on a local level thanks to Steward. Thomas can only sigh at what could have been.