Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Elwood Blutarsky

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

With every college in the country rejecting him Marion gets desperate and tries to enlist; being just as shocked as everyone when the Navy actually accepts him as a part of a pilot program for using animals to staff support ships of low importance. Ironically the other members of the crew of his ship are all desert species animals that joined the Navy "because we heard the food was great." Natch their first assignment at sea comes right as a Russian admiral's pet Lithuanian Hound launches a clever plot to defect with an ex-Soviet submarine and a crew of domesticated silver foxes that he forged the paperwork for and had trained to operate the vessel in secret. It's a Fox Hunt for Red October...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:24 pm With every college in the country rejecting him Marion gets desperate and tries to enlist; being just as shocked as everyone when the Navy actually accepts him as a part of a pilot program for using animals to staff support ships of low importance. Ironically the other members of the crew of his ship are all desert species animals that joined the Navy "because we heard the food was great." Natch their first assignment at sea comes right as a Russian admiral's pet Lithuanian Hound launches a clever plot to defect with an ex-Soviet submarine and a crew of domesticated silver foxes that he forged the paperwork for and had trained to operate the vessel in secret. It's a Fox Hunt for Red October...
That...would actually be a pretty cool arc. Heck, as a fan of the movie (Andre...you lost another submarine?), I'd read it!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sidebar: a massive Russian fur farm, having lost much of its business in the trade, engaged in some fascinating experiments in domesticating Foxes. Don't look for them in pet stores, but it is intriguing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Despite being a female in a male body, Lois for some reason is finding herself attracted to Gale and the feeling is slowly starting to become mutual.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Marvin secretly wants to go to college.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I would want to get out too, if I spent all day with Tiger.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He probably wants to go to keep his mind sharp since he is afraid that spending all this time with Tiger is gonna make him lose IQ points. :P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Or go insane.

The K-9s recruit Marion to investigate the smuggling of invasive tree nuts by a gang of chipmunks and squirrels. Turns out the leader is the brown squirrel who called Marion a narc.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wanting to prove that he is a competent K-9 and hoping to make his father proud of him, Fox tries to stop an armed robbery by himself and nearly gets killed and kicked off the police force.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Having forgotten and failed to pay the fines levied for his sauna escapade, Keene is ordered to court under threat of arrest.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Duchess researches her family tree and discovers she's (gasp!) not purebred.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Cue her trying to cover this up and bribe the website into saying that she was purebred and to change all relatives from the non-purebred side over the the saluki species.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 pm Cue her trying to cover this up and bribe the website into saying that she was purebred and to change all relatives from the non-purebred side over the the saluki species.
This leads to it being an even bigger mess and her being arrested and tossed in the pound for bribery. Sadly, Bino bails her out.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

By some horrible trick of fate, Keene's Lawyer, Mr. London, is being considered for a serious appointment to the high judicial bench - can the Miltons resist the temptation to "influence" the deliberations?
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino finally pushes Tiger too far with his jokes and seriously injures Bino. As a result, he is put in the pound with the possibility of euthanasia happening on the grounds of being a violent animal. Marvin and Zach team up to save Tiger by representing him at a trial. It doesn't look good until Zach bribes the judges each with $20.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

That's a bit dark :? Doesn't really fall into the "fun to think about" category for me :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be because I was more focused on the first part of the topic and not the second part. Also the idea I have to admit came partially from a Family Guy episode. I didn't realize that the storylines had to be BOTH. I thought it could be either arcs that would never happen or arcs that wouldn't happen but are funny. X.X
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Unbeknownst to each other, Bino and Max have both resolved to get the other something nice for Christmas. The problem is they keep thinking of some mean gag gift and can't seem to concentrate on their better intentions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Poom was originally Marvin's teddy bear but him seeing that Tiger needed it more since he was worse than he is now, Marvin gave it to him.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:41 pm Unbeknownst to each other, Bino and Max have both resolved to get the other something nice for Christmas. The problem is they keep thinking of some mean gag gift and can't seem to concentrate on their better intentions.

If that happened I’d actually love to see them give each other the decent gifts, and , after they go to their respective girlfriends’ houses, Bino realizes that Max has always given him better gifts than Duchess and stands up to her.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Max and Sasha like to play piano duets. Originally, Sasha would play to wile time away while Bino was off, ignoring her. Max thought it would be fun to tease her, so he sidled up beside her and started repeating whatever keys she would play. Good-hearted soul that she is, Sasha started playing along and pretty soon, they were playing jazz, classical, and folk music together.

... However NOBODY plays Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1 like Sasha! Nobody!!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

As long as she doesn’t get the idea to play his 1812 overture. https://youtu.be/55fmNwCgf1M
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Simon has been investing his personal funds heavily into bitcoin. He doesn't have any idea what it is, but he is making millions paw over fist. Now he has an interest in more influence of the ECP.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:34 pm As long as she doesn’t get the idea to play his 1812 overture. https://youtu.be/55fmNwCgf1M
Now where's she gonna get a cannon?? Oh ... yeah ... right ... good point. :shock:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sgt. Ralph announces a new member for the K9 Unit: A Ex-British SAS Dog named Price, one whom Sabrina immediately falls in love with, causing tension between her and Fido.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger's cousin Pap comes back and drives Tiger insane but plays the victim so Tiger is punished for his misdeeds and the only one that believes him is Jessica and they team up to prove Pap is a horrible terror and in the process Tiger falls in love with Jessica and plots to steal her from Zach.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I could see Jess believing Tiger, as I think she can spot a jerk and liar and it would be interesting to see those two in a relationship, but personally I do like Jess and Zach together.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which is why I said it would never happen because Zach and Jessics (Zassica) are really solid.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

True though I would like to see Tiger come out on top for once.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rook and Tum become pals and decide they want to have a sleepover - Bailey and Ink then try to find a way to set this up despite their different abodes, not to mention their unease with each other.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The old lady that hoarded all of the Mr. Bigglesworth passes away and they take the opportunity to rename themselves.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thomas hoodwinks Poncho into letting him out of his enclosure and he promptly runs off, seeking vengeance against Keene. However, camels face major challenges attempting stealth. Meanwhile, Poncho, aided by an anxious Sophie, are trying to apprehend Thomas and return him to the zoo before the K9PD is deployed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Any arcs that include more Poncho who I think has been underused is alright to me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:10 am Any arcs that include more Poncho who I think has been underused is alright to me.
You know, that's a good point, Amazz - he does have some unexplored possibilities. Maybe move him to the treehouse and join the feral cast....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha who still thinks that the Spot (Superdog) comics are about her life and that the character of Stripe was her and the characters of Professor Spot and Spot (Superdog) were Fido and Bino respectfully goes to Peanut and tells him she wants Stripe to have a new love interest ince she is no longer conflicted over Fido and Bino and is with Kevin now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jasper resurfaces and he's been adopted by a family of wealth and position. To celebrate his new status and enhance his standing in the feline community, he's decided to buy the Good Ol'Dogs Club building and turn into a Kitty Klub. Needless to say, Duchess is resolved that such an outrage will happen over Bino's dead body!
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Daryl and Itsuki argue over who is the better cook and they decide to settle it by having a cooking competition. Unfortunately the results for both of them make everybody dry heave.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

On a whim, Duchess applies to appear on a British gaming competition. To her amazement - and horror - she's chosen to the match. Problem - Duchess can't cook water. She's too proud to decline but NOT to proud to cheat! Now, if she can just get Bino to convince Rex to show up in drag.........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Fido tries his hand at standup as a side gig when he is not with the K-9s. Unfortunately, he stinks and gets booed off the stage. Somehow Daisy is a natural though. :ugeek:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bino challenges Max to a singing contest, Bino gets Duchess to hire professional voice coaches for him while Max relies on Grape, Tarot, and Peanut to help. To stack the deck even more in his favor Bino insists that members of The Good Old Dog Club will act as judges. Naturally, this being Bino, his plan doesn't work. Max turns out to have a beautiful singing voice, his Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra selections wow the crowd, and they declare the cat the victor. Bino, enraged, insults the audience and is pummeled. Duchess also insists he pay for the voice lessons.