Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can easily see this arc being stopped in its tracks when the big cat Gale threatens Yeltsin with bodily harm if he tries to teach Pueblo gymnastics. Gale doesn't seem like she would be one that would change her mind like ever so Pueblo would have to give up his dreams and we forget about them. :cry:

Oh lord, the coronavirus news is making me feel a bit pessimistic. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can easily see this arc being stopped in its tracks when the big cat Gale threatens Yeltsin with bodily harm if he tries to teach Pueblo gymnastics. Gale doesn't seem like she would be one that would change her mind like ever so Pueblo would have to give up his dreams and we forget about them. :cry:

Oh lord, the coronavirus news is making me feel a bit pessimistic. :|

"This, too, shall pass." Or, as my old First Sargeant used to say, "You just keep telling yourself THIS STUFF ENDS!"
of course, being an old First Sargeant, he used a different word beginning with the letter "S" and having only four letters but this is a family forum. :)
It'll be alright, chum.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is another arc that probably will never happen because Rick is more original than me and better.

One where Bino, Boris and Yeltsin all try to pull scams on the pets to make money, ala "Ed, Edd'n Eddy."
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

NHWestoN wrote:Watching replays of the Olympics, Pueblo becomes fascinated with acrobatics. Gale, however, does not share his enthusiasm and is not at all encouraging. Then Pueblo discovers someone who is actually a superb gymnast but keeps his talents hidden. Tha'ts the little cat's first challenge, to try to persuade this one-time champion to become his trainer.

The second problem … it's Yeltsin!
I like the Béla Károlyi parody potential here.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is another one which I was surprised I never got around to posting sooner.

The pets have to deal with the Coronavirus outbreak and we see how they all handle being quarantined.
Elwood Blutarsky

The cats probably handle it well and the dogs flip out and want to go outside.

Alternatively the humans realize that only humans can get the illness, find out about Thomas' transformation, and then bug him endlessly at the zoo about how they want to transform to duck the bug. Thomas chews everyone out pointing out the difference between human and animal lifespans so that would hardly be a good option in the long run.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Terrance is sitting by himself at the Good Ol' Dog's Club, trying to puzzle out a case. Daisy, looking over his shoulder, connects the dots for him and cracks the puzzle. They start dating, much to the concern of the other K9s who find Daisy a bit eccentric.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All aboard the S.S. Terraisy!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Spot(Superdog) tries to cure the Coronavirus by punching it.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FoxyBoi wrote:Spot(Superdog) tries to cure the Coronavirus by punching it.
Well, that's a cure they've not likely yet considered..........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It couldn't be any worse than any other ideas that they tried to eradicate it.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Fear and loathing in Babylon Gardens.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:Fear and loathing in Babylon Gardens.
"Love in the time of Coronavirus."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it might be really heartwarming and have a very community feel if Rick were to do a Coronavirus arc but we all know that is never gonna happen because you can't joke about pandemics.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that it might be really heartwarming and have a very community feel if Rick were to do a Coronavirus arc but we all know that is never gonna happen because you can't joke about pandemics.
He did come close back when Tiny Tum was sick and Jessica went searching for medicine. That story was particularly powerful and complex, dealing with debates about suffering, friendship, and compassion that were often subtle, sharp, and yet funny. Jessica showed both her vulnerabilities and her resentments, Zachery displayed unexpected tenderness and patience, and Ink revealed a warmth and a kind of wisdom in her kindness to the tormented possum that made her seem almost saintly.

No, you're very right, Dayz. Doing an epidemic arc would be too delicate in our current situation ... but Rick's storytelling skills and sensitivities just might be genius enough to bring it off.
Elwood Blutarsky

Due to a mixup Tiger receives a $1,200 stimulus check from the federal government. Hilarity ensues as he uses all of it a local pizzeria, saving it from having to close down and throwing the greatest pizza party ever when he finally achieves his lifetime goal of buying more pizza than he can ever eat on his own.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

An arc where Tiger finally accomplishes something. That would be nice. Plus it would put him ahead of Bino who accomplished nothing. Wonder how Bino would take it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He'd try to filch as much pizza as he could carry off.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Tiger ended up getting wind of that you can bet that he would give Bino a no-holds barred barrel beatdown.

Earning the respect of Jessica in the process (if only for a few minutes). =P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If Tiger ended up getting wind of that you can bet that he would give Bino a no-holds barred barrel beatdown.

Earning the respect of Jessica in the process (if only for a few minutes). =P

Okay, there's a question - who does Jessica despise more, Tiger or Bino?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking Bino because Bino has a very rare ability to make everybody hate him and want to beat him into a coma and I don't think it will be lost on Jessica. At least Tiger does have people who are sympathetic to him and might ave a genuine mental condition. Of course, the cats in the town are who is sympathetic but still.

Everybody hates Bino. Whenever Fox sees him he immediately roughs him up even if the crime he was committing at the time was rather minor. And at this point I think Bino and Joey just ignore him and the GODC actually follows instructions from Duchess who makes it seem like to Bino that he is the one that came up with it.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bino pulls a vicious prank on Tiger and the latter runs away into the woods, where he breaks down crying. Jessica, seeing him, hears about Bino’s prank, first calls Zach to let them know where to find Tiger, and then decides to teach Bino that no one picks on ‘Archibald’ but her.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm thinking Bino because Bino has a very rare ability to make everybody hate him and want to beat him into a coma and I don't think it will be lost on Jessica. At least Tiger does have people who are sympathetic to him and might ave a genuine mental condition. Of course, the cats in the town are who is sympathetic but still.

Everybody hates Bino. Whenever Fox sees him he immediately roughs him up even if the crime he was committing at the time was rather minor. And at this point I think Bino and Joey just ignore him and the GODC actually follows instructions from Duchess who makes it seem like to Bino that he is the one that came up with it.

Like the new avatar. ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

A human student does a project on wolves and goes to the Wolf house to study them in their natural habitat. After a few comments the wolves try to impress him by still trying to be being “wild animals“ but ultimately fail hilariously.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We get a history of the Wolf Pack as told by Miles explaining it all to his cubs and how everybody within the family is related to each other. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:We get a history of the Wolf Pack as told by Miles explaining it all to his cubs and how everybody within the family is related to each other. :D
That would be fun - or have Uncle Deadeye tell the story.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure that Uncle Deadeye speaks. Maybe that is another arc that has potential but will never happen.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut's birthday is coming up so Tarot decides to bake him a cake - without using magic. Soon Sabrina, Grape, and Maxwell get involved. It's ... um ... challenging. And messy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Duke ends up thinking that James "Murr" Murray of "Impractical Jokers" is one of their long-lost siblings and tries to reach out to him.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Peanut's birthday is coming up so Tarot decides to bake him a cake - without using magic. Soon Sabrina, Grape, and Maxwell get involved. It's ... um ... challenging. And messy.
I somehow picture her putting the cake in the oven, then cutting the the fire department trying to put out the house.

Here is an unlikely arc unless there is a serious time jump. Pete and Dragon, after living out their mortal lives and regaining their power, are reunited with their long department mother in Heaven to thank her for eventually instilling some humility into them.

Okay, perhaps a long-shot for several reasons.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I really want to see her reaction to finding out that she raised demi-gods.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that might be an arc that would go into the finale of the comic which means its not an arc we would want to see. :cry:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that might be an arc that would go into the finale of the comic which means its not an arc we would want to see. :cry:
It wouldn't have to be a finale since Kitsune can do time travel stuff, but yeah it would be hard to pull off without breaking the comic.

Telling Kix could happen anytime, but woulg she belive Kitsune? Or does she already know? Or at least know what Kitsune is? I've always thought there was something to her tell her telling King and Bailey that her owner bought the "fur farm".
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote:Peanut's birthday is coming up so Tarot decides to bake him a cake - without using magic. Soon Sabrina, Grape, and Maxwell get involved. It's ... um ... challenging. And messy.
Peanut ends up loving whatever they make.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Shocking everyone because almost everything went wrong in baking it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

"What? I'm a dog. Do I really need to explain this to you all?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tiger becomes convinced that Zach's biological father is the Easter Bunny and follows him around all day and all night and watches him when he sleeps to prove it. XD
Elwood Blutarsky

And then in a twist it turns out he actually is, seriously surprising Zach.

"Team Nerd" faces a conundrum when a new D&D group in town with other dogs, cats, and even some humans offers Dallas a dungeon master role only for him to decline as he seems more comfortable playing second fiddle to Joey and Nester. A member of the other group questions Dallas about that and notes that it seems he only sees himself as "just a supporting character in someone else's story" and that maybe he should aim for something more. Our favorite dalmatian begins to wonder if maybe that is the case, slowly realizing he does tend to let Joey and Nester call all the shots in their group. Unfortunately before he can fully determine an answer to that question a LARP with his friends at a local park goes wrong and Joey is dognapped by Steward and his flunkies. Dallas, Nester, and Squeak attempt a rescue only to find Joey has brainwashed into an all-too-loyal minion for the bad guys via a new form of previously undiscovered temple magic. Joey rambles about how "resistance is futile" and soon the entire neighbor will be assimilated to service them leaving everyone shocked. Dallas however finally takes command as he responds with a cold "Lester, Squeak...Attack" as the arc ends on a cliffhanger with the three of them forced to go against their friend.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

That would be really interesting!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sabrina gets in some trouble and Tarot, Fido, and Max set out to rescue her.