Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
fenrirblack

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by fenrirblack »

One of the owners should be transformed just for the reason of "bonding" with their pets. It would be an interesting story of just seeing the world through different eyes and really getting to know the animal, who is essentially you child, better. If they were ever going to bond that would have to be the way to do it because there wouldn't be any other really good reason for an owner like Jeff to want to spend time with his pets. Max wouldn't need to know that it is Jeff. Full on Dramatic irony would be hilarious. Then you can do the classic reveal/I knew all along. Then we can have this super touching OMG moment of Max saying "I just wanted you to spend time with me." And we all cry.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

fenrirblack wrote:One of the owners should be transformed just for the reason of "bonding" with their pets. It would be an interesting story of just seeing the world through different eyes and really getting to know the animal, who is essentially you child, better. If they were ever going to bond that would have to be the way to do it because there wouldn't be any other really good reason for an owner like Jeff to want to spend time with his pets. Max wouldn't need to know that it is Jeff. Full on Dramatic irony would be hilarious. Then you can do the classic reveal/I knew all along. Then we can have this super touching OMG moment of Max saying "I just wanted you to spend time with me." And we all cry.
I'm not sure an "owner wants a fun day with his pets" arc would necessarily require a TF. We've seen a few with Mr. Sandwich (remember him taking them to the zoo or throwing snowballs at Peanut) or to a lesser extent Bill (taking Kansas) before. It could be any "perfect day of fun goes wrong" style adventure or some sort of sweet "it's not what you do, it's who you do it with" misadventure.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

The idea of the owners becoming pets, or at least animals, has come up before. We even still could see it since we still don't know if Lois has a pet (or a parent, for that matter). A few of these have been suggested (like Bill becoming a wolf) See one of the Sandwhiches become a pet might be interesting. Jeff as a dog might get him to connect a bit better with Bino and understand him a little better.

Then there's the other idea...

Ralph: Hey, Kevin, have you seen Sasha lately?
Kevin: Sure, she's been staying with me for the weekend. Her dad was on some kind of bender.
Ralph: Actually, Mr. Hartford is who I wanted to ask her about. We got a call from his sister in Florida. She can't get a hold of him. Fox and Fido did a welfare check and he's not home.
Kevin: Huh, that's odd.
Ralph: Yes, very odd. Kevin?
Kevin: Yes Sargent?
Ralph: I noticed on Friday evening you had animal control pick up an inebriated skunk from Babylon Gardens.
Kevin: Did I? I sorta remember that.
Ralph: You seem to have requested that it be relocated, and I quote, "To Qatar".
Kevin: Wasn't it a rare desert skunk?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Elwood Blutarsky

dr_eirik wrote: Ralph: Hey, Kevin, have you seen Sasha lately?
Kevin: Sure, she's been staying with me for the weekend. Her dad was on some kind of bender.
Ralph: Actually, Mr. Hartford is who I wanted to ask her about. We got a call from his sister in Florida. She can't get a hold of him. Fox and Fido did a welfare check and he's not home.
Ralph: I noticed on Friday evening you had animal control pick up an inebriated skunk from Babylon Gardens.
Ralph: You seem to have requested that it be relocated, and I quote, "To Qatar".
That would be especially karmic given Qatar is in effect a dry country.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now you just think about how you treated your pet while you make the long, long, long, long, LONG walk back to Babylon Gardens. :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I like the fate of Mr. Hartford . I don’t know if becoming a dog would give Jeff a better understanding of Bino considering he (Bino) isn’t very popular among the dogs of BG. Still, it’s a sweet idea.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:I like the fate of Mr. Hartford . I don’t know if becoming a dog would give Jeff a better understanding of Bino considering he (Bino) isn’t very popular among the dogs of BG. Still, it’s a sweet idea.
I don't know. It would be an opportunity for him to hang out with Bino and see directly (especially if they don't know who he is) how he's treated and perhaps talk to them about why they treat him that way. For that matter, if Bino doesn't know Jeff is suddenly a dog, then they both might get some candid time. Like Bino complaining about Jeff.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

dr_eirik wrote:
trekkie wrote:I like the fate of Mr. Hartford . I don’t know if becoming a dog would give Jeff a better understanding of Bino considering he (Bino) isn’t very popular among the dogs of BG. Still, it’s a sweet idea.
I don't know. It would be an opportunity for him to hang out with Bino and see directly (especially if they don't know who he is) how he's treated and perhaps talk to them about why they treat him that way. For that matter, if Bino doesn't know Jeff is suddenly a dog, then they both might get some candid time. Like Bino complaining about Jeff.
I do like the idea. I hope it would happen that way because it might lead to some character growth for Bino and Jeff. Maybe Jeff will retain his scent or something. If not, I hope Bino doesn’t mistreat dog Jeff, because that might just happen, especially if Jeff becomes friends with pets like Peanut, Fox, and Maxwell who Bino doesn’t care for all that much.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:One of the owners should be transformed just for the reason of "bonding" with their pets. It would be an interesting story of just seeing the world through different eyes and really getting to know the animal, who is essentially you child, better. If they were ever going to bond that would have to be the way to do it because there wouldn't be any other really good reason for an owner like Jeff to want to spend time with his pets. Max wouldn't need to know that it is Jeff. Full on Dramatic irony would be hilarious. Then you can do the classic reveal/I knew all along. Then we can have this super touching OMG moment of Max saying "I just wanted you to spend time with me." And we all cry.
I'm not sure an "owner wants a fun day with his pets" arc would necessarily require a TF. We've seen a few with Mr. Sandwich (remember him taking them to the zoo or throwing snowballs at Peanut) or to a lesser extent Bill (taking Kansas) before. It could be any "perfect day of fun goes wrong" style adventure or some sort of sweet "it's not what you do, it's who you do it with" misadventure.
For a longer story, the owner would have to be an animal because that is just how it is in the comic. Lois was a rare exception and see what happened. Thomas, Joel, and Steward as well. Not to mention the plot doesn't work nearly as well if someone like Jeff just stays human. Human becomes animal to spend time with pet is more powerful and interesting.
trekkie wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
I do like the idea. I hope it would happen that way because it might lead to some character growth for Bino and Jeff. Maybe Jeff will retain his scent or something. If not, I hope Bino doesn’t mistreat dog Jeff, because that might just happen, especially if Jeff becomes friends with pets like Peanut, Fox, and Maxwell who Bino doesn’t care for all that much.
As much as Bino does need development and this kind of story could do that (considering their relationship is estranged at best) Bino still doesn't seem like the type of character that will ever get developed because he is a fool. If Bino became more self-aware or nice then he wouldn't be Bino. He's essentially a throw-away character who people root for to suffer. After 12 years he's not going to change. Max on the other hand is a mean character and deserves to have real development to follow up the Rufus storyline. What happened after Jeff adopted him? Maybe we could find out while taking part in a wacky adventure where Jeff is still some animal and works together with Max to get home.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:The idea of the owners becoming pets, or at least animals, has come up before. We even still could see it since we still don't know if Lois has a pet (or a parent, for that matter). A few of these have been suggested (like Bill becoming a wolf) See one of the Sandwhiches become a pet might be interesting. Jeff as a dog might get him to connect a bit better with Bino and understand him a little better.

Then there's the other idea...

Ralph: Hey, Kevin, have you seen Sasha lately?
Not sure I can attach the term "understanding" to Bino under any foreseeable circumstances.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It would be kind of cute if Maxwell becomes the Rufus to Jeff’s Max, and shows the transformed Jeff around BG, looking out for him and trying to help Jeff find a home.

Tiger is persuaded to leave the house and attend a holiday party. Unfortunately, Bino rigs up another catnip bomb, and gives it to Tiger. After it goes off Tiger runs away. While the K-9s and owners look for Tiger an angered Marvin recruits Maxwell, Peanut, Grape, and Tarot to teach Bino a lesson.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:That would be a good arc but then with Rick having any human character that is not gonna be transformed only play a bit part I'm thinking Rick isn't that interested in my opinion.
Human "participation" does seem to have dwindled, especially since we've had fewer and fewer arcs with Peanut and Grape at home interacting with Earl and Jill. Most of the humans are one or two strip walk-ons like the DVD store manager or Mrs. MaGillicuddy. Jeeves, Bill, and Jeff have been absent for quite some time and have pretty much become superfluous to the cast. As Rick reportedly isn't big on drawing humans anyways, prospects for the extended return of any of these folks seems unlikely. :(
I think it's that fact (Alongside the obvious fact that most of us are furries who'd love for more types of animals to show up, especially when you get down to it, there are more dogs than anything else) that made us so excited when the coin showed up. The humans have in their ranks some of the best characters around in types like Earl and Mr. Milton (Though he's now technically a ferret) as well as one that is despised even more than Bino in Sasha's owner. I do like Marion and Lois, but I really hope the coin will be used predictably to get the more fleshed out humans in a form Rick likes to draw more
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Max goes to the snowy mountains to train under a snow leopard master to gain the skills and body to finally capture Grapes undivided attention and eternal love.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Only for Grape to follow him up there and fall for the snow leopard instead. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Then a female snow leopard falls for Max. Grape gets jealous and reclaims Maxwell. It turns out the two snow leopards are a couple and Maxwell and Grape (along with Peanut and Tarot on FaceTime) offer their services. It turns out the female flirts with every domestic tomcat and the guy has a catnip problem. Max and Grape do help the couple and are thanked by the snow leopards. As they walk to the plane taking them home:

Max: You know, there was something very familiar about their problems.

Grape: I know, Maxie, I can’t put my paw on it but...

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean the fact that the snow leopards are basically Max and Grape but in snow leopard bodies? :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean the fact that the snow leopards are basically Max and Grape but in snow leopard bodies? :D

Yup.

A visitor from Tarot’s past returns to menace the Pomeranian. Peanut, along with Maxwell, Grape and Sabrina help Tarot defeat the visitor and learn more about their friend.

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Max goes to the snowy mountains to train under a snow leopard master to gain the skills and body to finally capture Grapes undivided attention and eternal love.
The thing about that arc fantasy is it basically already happened. If you switch snow leopard for doberman you get the Max sub-plot from Jungle Fever.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But I think he was thinking that rather it be a sub-plot, it would be a main plot this time around.

Fen just wants a snow leopard that is edgy and knows kung fu. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Itzuki probably does kung-fu as well as oil changes.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

We haven’t seen Itzuki in a while. It would be interesting to see him more. Maybe an arc where he participates in an Imaginate or otherwise spends time with Grape and Peanut, and maybe Max and Tarot.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a bit puzzled as to why Itsuki has had nothing to do with Peanut and Grape. He does work for their DAD after all and I would think that he might be invited over at times so he could interact with them and I think its a bit of a missed opportunity.
Elwood Blutarsky

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm a bit puzzled as to why Itsuki has had nothing to do with Peanut and Grape. He does work for their DAD after all and I would think that he might be invited over at times so he could interact with them and I think its a bit of a missed opportunity.
Probably because he's busy. He's got a job at the auto repair shop with Mr. Sandwich and works hard at it to make money to pay for his college classes so between those not a lot of time for horsing around with the pets. Kudos to him though, he got into a US college with no help from Keene and seems to be doing alright for himself.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm a bit puzzled as to why Itsuki has had nothing to do with Peanut and Grape. He does work for their DAD after all and I would think that he might be invited over at times so he could interact with them and I think its a bit of a missed opportunity.
Probably because he's busy. He's got a job at the auto repair shop with Mr. Sandwich and works hard at it to make money to pay for his college classes so between those not a lot of time for horsing around with the pets. Kudos to him though, he got into a US college with no help from Keene and seems to be doing alright for himself.

Wonder what his major is?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well since he does work as an auto mechanic, maybe its something that has to do with fixing mechanics? ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well since he does work as an auto mechanic, maybe its something that has to do with fixing mechanics? ;)
I don't think it's been said what his major is in the comic, but his family owns an auto parts factory, IIRC, and values hard work. So I'm sure his major has something to do with either engineering or business.

During a hike in the woods, Lois breaks her glasses and has to rely on Marion as her "Seeing-eye squirrel".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually could be really funny. Comedy gold. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

If they blunder into Steward and his coin, they might be restored. With Marion's luck, though, they'll run into Cory ....... or Bruno.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as he is with Lois or Bruno doesn't shove him under her armpits or sits on him after eating a really gassy meal he should be fine.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as he is with Lois or Bruno doesn't shove him under her armpits or sits on him after eating a really gassy meal he should be fine.
.... classic "Fate Worse than Death!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

However since I grew up on classic Disney crude/slapstick humor, I have NO problem at all with writing something like that.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ms. Auburn decides to get married but Res doesn't approve of the relationship so he runs away and Grape has to convince him that his owner's happiness is more important than his own. They all end up at the wedding and SURPRISE, the groom has his own pet, a female cat, who Res instantly falls for causing Grape to loose it.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I could see that happening, honestly. It would be interesting to see if anyone can get Grape to follow her own advice.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am of the mind that she WOULD follow her own advice but we would see her freak out a little bit just at the end of the arc because it will be funny. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I never got the ship with Res and Grape. They never seemed to show anything romantic to me. Res even had a nice view of Max when they finally met.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

An old Ex of Bailieys comes to town for a visit. King gets predictably agitated, despite assurances from everyone that she loves him.

Perhaps a bit too sitcomy....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since King seems to be the universe's plaything and it has already put him through all the other genres of television, I could see that happening because its the only genre that is left. 8-)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Since King seems to be the universe's plaything and it has already put him through all the other genres of television, I could see that happening because its the only genre that is left. 8-)

I'm sure there are other genre's to torture him with. 8-)

I just had a thought that this kind of story line could be the one and only time that Kitsune could get genuinely upset at King. After he's worried himself into a lather over a situation that he is creating totally in his head, I could see the fox grabbing him by the shoulders and shouting, "Snap out of it!"

Then again, I could see the same thing happening with Fox. Or Miles. Or Lucretia....
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Or Bailey

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:Or Bailey
I envision him spilling his guts to someone, not Bailey. Besides, I think she's slap him into next Tuesday.