Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Elwood Blutarsky

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

As the animal transformation crisis depends humanity in Babylon Gardens and the surrounding area seems doomed. Desperate times demand desperate measures as the fate of all humans in the area falls into the hands of an unlikely hero, high school student Bronson. So yeah, when it comes to this we're doomed and you may as well start sizing yourself for collars.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maxwell and Bino take an art class, taught by Peanut and Joey with Squeak assisting. Maxwell respects the teachers and becomes pretty good at art, making a soothing picture for Grape, who, impressed, puts it next to her Pridelands poster. Bino, as is his wont, is dismissive of Joey and Peanut’s advice and creates a portrait of Duchess, who reacts as you’d expect.
Last edited by trekkie on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would the portrait be very bad or would it be good and Duchess is just being herself? :P
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I suspect the picture could look like it was painted by Rembrandt and she'd still complain.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:But would the portrait be very bad or would it be good and Duchess is just being herself? :P
It’s not very good because Bino, thinking he knows everything, paid no heed to Joey or Peanut. But dr_eirik is right, she’d hate it even it was spectacular.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Well Peanut, thinking he knows everything, paid no heed to Joey, and we saw how well that worked out for him.
The cape comes with the promotion.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’m hoping they’ve reconciled. That’s also part of the reason Squeak is there, to keep the two teachers in line.

Spot (Superdog) becomes real and tries to take over Peanut’s life. Worse yet the villains also become real and fight wit Spot. Peanut, together with Grape, Tarot, and Maxwell must find a way to get Spot and the villains back into their world, while preventing Spot and the villains from being discovered.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cecilia Milton returns to plot the ruin of the ferrets in cahoots with the envious Duchess.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Oh, I hope it ends disastrously for those two.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With the personalities those two have, you just know that they will clash so much and cause their own downfall.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure how the two would link up. That would be a story in itself.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is another arc that wouldn't ever happen then: how Cecilia and Duchess linked up to try to ruin the Miltons. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Turns out Boris used to belong to Cecelia before she dumped him on the shelter and Duchess' family adopted him to be a watchdog before they decided Duchess was more suitable to their social standing. Boris serves as the broker. We could complicate things a little more by throwing in Bino, Yeltsin, and even Rex as co-conspirators or patsies.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Turns out Boris used to belong to Cecelia before she dumped him on the shelter and Duchess' family adopted him to be a watchdog before they decided Duchess was more suitable to their social standing. Boris serves as the broker. We could complicate things a little more by throwing in Bino, Yeltsin, and even Rex as co-conspirators or patsies.
Rex has too kind of a soul to go through with anything particularly bad. He's the weak point and the most likely to break down and just randomly spill the beans.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Turns out Boris used to belong to Cecelia before she dumped him on the shelter and Duchess' family adopted him to be a watchdog before they decided Duchess was more suitable to their social standing. Boris serves as the broker. We could complicate things a little more by throwing in Bino, Yeltsin, and even Rex as co-conspirators or patsies.
Rex has too kind of a soul to go through with anything particularly bad. He's the weak point and the most likely to break down and just randomly spill the beans.
All the more reason to drag him in - gotta have someone in the crew with a conscience.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

True but that someone however also can't be someone that will break before one try to get the truth out of them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:True but that someone however also can't be someone that will break before one try to get the truth out of them.
Rex seems pretty tough as long as you don't demean his cooking......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though it would be slim odds that whoever was trying to extract information from him would insult that. If anything, they would overly compliment it.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Once things calm down and still feeling a bit bad about things, Marion goes to e plain to Mrs. Mcgillicuddy about what had happened to him and explain he was why he was trying to steal the pie. For some reason, she refuses to believe the squirrel is Marion no matter what is said.

Also, Tiger discovers she's a soft touch for treats and tries to eat her out of house and home.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would NEVER happen because I think if Tiger eats a whole house full of food, his heart will explode.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

An arc where we find out Tiger is not a real dog. He's really some type of cryptid that looks like a dog. Then he goes on a journey of self discovery.
I would not be that surprised if Tiger turned out not to be a dog.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe his true species can be unknown in that case sort of like Keswick on TUFF Puppy.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Here's a heart-wrenching to dark idea: Somone offer Bill a large sum of money for one or all the puppies, and he actively considers it.

Realizing this likely wouldn't happen because of a variety of reason, including that I don't think even Bill is that insensitive. But, he DID ask before the wedding and the question was never actually answered.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to assume that it was answered off-screen or when Bailey screamed at her new father after it came out of his mouth.

Also, if Bill did that his character would forever be destroyed.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would like to assume that it was answered off-screen or when Bailey screamed at her new father after it came out of his mouth.

Also, if Bill did that his character would forever be destroyed.
It might have been half-answered. This is an odd world, so there is a potential legal question. Technically, King is owned by the Milton Estate and Bailey by Bill. King is in the ECP (I think), but we've never seen Bailey in it. The legalities could get messy.

But, as you said, this would demolish Bill as a character almost irredeemably. Another reason why it would never happen.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:Here's a heart-wrenching to dark idea: Somone offer Bill a large sum of money for one or all the puppies, and he actively considers it.

Realizing this likely wouldn't happen because of a variety of reason, including that I don't think even Bill is that insensitive. But, he DID ask before the wedding and the question was never actually answered.
Agreed. I think that was a one-panel gag and not a personality reveal about Officer Lundburg.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:Here's a heart-wrenching to dark idea: Somone offer Bill a large sum of money for one or all the puppies, and he actively considers it.

Agreed. I think that was a one-panel gag and not a personality reveal about Officer Lundburg.
Actually, I kinda wonder if this is something that could happen. King obviously would be King in how he responds, but as long as it's clearly a good family and she'd still get to see her pups, I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey thinks it's just what the pups need to do to grow up, assuming getting a job is off the table for them
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:

Actually, I kinda wonder if this is something that could happen. King obviously would be King in how he responds, but as long as it's clearly a good family and she'd still get to see her pups, I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey thinks it's just what the pups need to do to grow up, assuming getting a job is off the table for them
Take the Bill aspect out of it and just have Bailey say one day “Time for the puppies to find owners of their own.” It is interesting just from Bailey’s perspective. As someone who is and always has been a dog having the pups handed off to new owners wouldn’t be unusual for her and might even think it’s the best option. King on the other hand would flip out and reestablish his human side which I feel like we don’t see often enough anymore. It would definitely be entertaining to watch worlds collide especially if they are too comfortable with life. A reminder that they’re relationship was built on a lie and magic.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Their relationship may have been built that way but soon enough it turned into one built on trust and commitment.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gameb18oy wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:

it's not out of the question. I'd expected that Rick might eventually develop the pups' personalities more and give us a few stories about them. However, getting them adopted could be one solid story, funny and poignant. Having the pups gone might also free up King and Bailey for their own stories, unencumbered by parenting distractions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But you have to admit, that sometimes in fiction, becoming a parent also can become the making of a character.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maxwell, wanting to get Grape something nice for Christmas, enlists Sabrina to help him shop. Grape sees them and to the wrong conclusion despite Peanut (who Max has told and sworn to secrecy) telling her not to do so. It ends happily with the only casualty being Grape getting some egg on her face.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With that it would end up being Max humiliating Grape inadvertently rather than Grape purposely humiliating Max for once with her teasing.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Another highly unlikely because I'm not sure it'll work with the rating of the comic. Lois gets into some of Max's special brownies. Hilarity ensues.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If the special brownies have catnip in them I think it will be fine because Max was shown to like it a lot and Jeff said he would let Max have a crawfish boil if he threw his stash out.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox is working late at the station when Spring and Summer unexpectedly show-up. Summer and Sargeant Ralph are captivated with each other, and foursome go out for the evening. Moved by the loveliness of the company (and a couple of orange sodas), Ralph tells them the story of how he become a police dog.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I would love to find out more about Sgt. Ralph.

Jeff softens his stance on catnip, allowing Max to have it but limiting his (Max’s) intake. To be fair to Bino, he allows Bino to have his choice of orange soda or anise when Maxwell has his catnip, to accompany his pets Jeff has a beer and the threes bond.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

trekkie wrote:Jeff softens his stance on catnip, allowing Max to have it but limiting his (Max’s) intake. To be fair to Bino, he allows Bino to have his choice of orange soda or anise when Maxwell has his catnip, to accompany his pets Jeff has a beer and the threes bond.
I like the idea of them bonding, not only because it'd be wholesome to see them work things out together, but also because there's potential for exploration in the pets' relationship with their owners, since that's never been a main focus of the comic. I've always been curious about how the animals fit into human society and vice versa. Lois' introduction made me wonder if a recurring human character (that doesn't get tf'd shortly thereafter) could work as part of the cast.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be a good arc but then with Rick having any human character that is not gonna be transformed only play a bit part I'm thinking Rick isn't that interested in my opinion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That would be a good arc but then with Rick having any human character that is not gonna be transformed only play a bit part I'm thinking Rick isn't that interested in my opinion.
Human "participation" does seem to have dwindled, especially since we've had fewer and fewer arcs with Peanut and Grape at home interacting with Earl and Jill. Most of the humans are one or two strip walk-ons like the DVD store manager or Mrs. MaGillicuddy. Jeeves, Bill, and Jeff have been absent for quite some time and have pretty much become superfluous to the cast. As Rick reportedly isn't big on drawing humans anyways, prospects for the extended return of any of these folks seems unlikely. :(