Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
fenrirblack

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by fenrirblack »

Peanut and Tiger get sent to the same summer camp. Tiger tries to sneak into the mess hall after hours but gets caught and chased into the woods by a burley lunch lady. He gets kidnapped by a rival camp and Peanut has to go through a series of challenges to win back Tiger's freedom before the counselors wake up. During all of this, Peanut calls Grape and wakes her up.
Peanut: Grape are you awake. I'm in trouble and need your help."
Grape: WHY!? I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Something I think I'd like to see, though I'm fairly sure that there is no good way to show this in the comic, is some of the characters coming to terms with each other about some things that have happened over the years of the strips.

I'd love to see King and Fox go deeper into both of their feeling about what happened before King turned. I'd love to see a bit more exploration of Bailey finding out her husband was born human. I really want to see a Fido and Fox talk over what happened with... everything. I can't remember the last time the two of them were even in the same panel together but a lot has damaged their friendship.

I realize that some of this is implied. Fox helped Joel immediately after beating the tar out of him. Bailey stayed with King and it's not like she forgot his passed. Fox did lay everything out to Sabrina, who evidently understood.... And the other issue is that these are really talk heavy subjects that don't lend themselves to comic panels. But I'd love to understand why, for example, Fox forgave Joel so fast.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

VERY random idea: Karishad's Family shows up and are just as crazy and fun like him :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SeanWolf wrote:VERY random idea: Karishad's Family shows up and are just as crazy and fun like him :)
I dunno, having them show up and be totally straight laced and proper might be funnier. Something of a "We don't know where he got it, either!" :D
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

dr_eirik wrote:I can't remember the last time the two of them were even in the same panel together but a lot has damaged their friendship.
Less than three and a half months ago; they raided the Spa together (still tension, though).
The cape comes with the promotion.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

fenrirblack wrote:Peanut and Tiger get sent to the same summer camp. Tiger tries to sneak into the mess hall after hours but gets caught and chased into the woods by a burley lunch lady. He gets kidnapped by a rival camp and Peanut has to go through a series of challenges to win back Tiger's freedom before the counselors wake up. During all of this, Peanut calls Grape and wakes her up.
Peanut: Grape are you awake. I'm in trouble and need your help."
Grape: WHY!? I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
Grape recruits Maxwell, Marvin, and Tarot to help her help Peanut and Tiger. They succeed and show up the rival camp. Peanut and Tiger are voted campers of the year by the other campers. Marvin is rewarded by Jerry for helping rescue Tiger, Maxwell is rewarded with snuggles from Grape, and Tarot says she never felt so in invigorated.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
jonas

Post by jonas »

Housepets 5000 A.D.

:D
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

HP! 40K
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

A comment from the thread for todays strip (The End Of The Tour) introduced the idea of a possible arc. Joels PETA partner returns to Babylon Gardens. Perhaps looking for revenge on Fox and/or Office Lindberg, maybe looking for Joel (not knowing he's King). King was shown to be feeling that his old life was over, that most people likely assume that he's dead. Might be fun to dredge that up again... for us, not so much for him.

Besides, it's been ages since Fox was kidnapped. Feels like it's time again. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now though Fox is a police dog so it would be a lot harder to kidnap him with the methods that they used before because Fox is more alert.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sasha is so inspired by Kevin that she decides she wants to become a K9 officer and invites Daisy to join her.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Sasha is so inspired by Kevin that she decides she wants to become a K9 officer and invites Daisy to join her.
They don't make the force so they decide to join together and open a Private Detective Service. Their first case is a missing puppy. Spoiler alert: Orwell Johnson is up to his old tricks again.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Despite the other pets thinking that Sasha and Daisy won't really be any good, they prove everybody wrong and are more competent than the K9PD.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Despite the other pets thinking that Sasha and Daisy won't really be any good, they prove everybody wrong and are more competent than the K9PD.
We do know that Daisy is smarter than we all thought. She just likes people to be happy. It would be funny to learn that she's a misunderstood genius. Even flashbacks that show her nudging certain events in the comic to go how they went. Or find that she invested the prize money that she got from the Miltons and now has a fortune to rivals theirs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Funny that she just wants people to be happy because saying the same thing over and over again probably is annoying the stuffing out of them. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

fenrirblack wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Sasha is so inspired by Kevin that she decides she wants to become a K9 officer and invites Daisy to join her.
They don't make the force so they decide to join together and open a Private Detective Service. Their first case is a missing puppy. Spoiler alert: Orwell Johnson is up to his old tricks again.

Hmmmm…. Isn't it about time for Orwell to get out of the can? Wonder what an alliance between him, Steward/Badger, and Thomas Milton might lead to? Might well be … mmmm … "transformative."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that it might lead to the apocalypse where there are no humans left anywhere in the world. :|
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm thinking that it might lead to the apocalypse where there are no humans left anywhere in the world. :|
I was pretty sure that's what Keene was going to cause with the Mana pool. Not that he wanted it, but that's how it was going to come out. Granted, that would rather dramatically have changed the comic, so I'm glad that I'm not the one writing it. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that he was gonna cause the next armageddon with his wish when he got into the mana pool but was he really gonna turn all humans into animals? He just said he wanted equal rights not to changes humans into completely different species.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that he was gonna cause the next armageddon with his wish when he got into the mana pool but was he really gonna turn all humans into animals? He just said he wanted equal rights not to changes humans into completely different species.
True, but if all humans were animals, then he'd get his wish. Everyone would have to be equal. It's an old story trope I've seen as recently as yesterday. There was a comic where a little girl on her birthday wishes for no one to ever be sad again. Everyone is delighted. The final panel showed a massive asteroid about to hit the Earth.

I also didn't think that was his intention, anymore than Breel intended to bring up The Forgotten. I just had a feeling (proved wrong) that was what was going to happen.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of The Forgotten, I always wondered why Breel's tears summoned it in the first place. Has it had something to do with an impurity in the mana pool?
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I think a King goes to college arc would be fun.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Speaking of The Forgotten, I always wondered why Breel's tears summoned it in the first place. Has it had something to do with an impurity in the mana pool?
He was momentarily despondent after being told off by Keene. The pool took his despair and built on it. If Keene had managed to dive in and gotten his wish, then likely it would have turned out badly.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So any way that you use the pool, it would have turned out horrifically bad. Got it. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So any way that you use the pool, it would have turned out horrifically bad. Got it. ;)
Not necessarily. Tarot was concerned that the mana would be misused, even accidently, by someone as driven but inexperienced as Keene.

Keene had the desire to make everyone equal. The problem is that there is a potential level of horror there that she (and Heaven) couldn't allow for. The horror could range from near-zero (they leave the temple and everyone just accepts animals and humans are equals) to semi-comedic horror (everyone is now an animal, or everyone is now a person) to total apocalypse (everyone dead, but equal!).

While Tarot was probably right, we never really saw what would happen. Breel accidently summoned the Forgotten, and Res used the rest of the mana to seal the breech (and write the final Pridelands book.)

That's an arc that should be fun, seeing that book release. It's always fun to see the nervous Canadian Kitty.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:So any way that you use the pool, it would have turned out horrifically bad. Got it. ;)
Not necessarily. Tarot was concerned that the mana would be misused, even accidently, by someone as driven but inexperienced as Keene.

Keene had the desire to make everyone equal. The problem is that there is a potential level of horror there that she (and Heaven) couldn't allow for. The horror could range from near-zero (they leave the temple and everyone just accepts animals and humans are equals) to semi-comedic horror (everyone is now an animal, or everyone is now a person) to total apocalypse (everyone dead, but equal!).

While Tarot was probably right, we never really saw what would happen. Breel accidently summoned the Forgotten, and Res used the rest of the mana to seal the breech (and write the final Pridelands book.)

That's an arc that should be fun, seeing that book release. It's always fun to see the nervous Canadian Kitty.
Hey, leave the apocalyptic stories to me :P But in all seriousness, that mana pool did give me this idea: Imagine an arc where Mungo finds the mana pool, falls in it, and becomes, basically, the equivalent of Anubis...but with the mind of Mungo.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

The ferrets try to help animals globally support themselves by setting up their own businesses to benefit their communities. Our story follows a pack of dingoes in Australia as they struggle to find the reason why their new daycare, geared toward human tourists visiting Uluru, isn't attracting any customers.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:The ferrets try to help animals globally support themselves by setting up their own businesses to benefit their communities. Our story follows a pack of dingoes in Australia as they struggle to find the reason why their new daycare, geared toward human tourists visiting Uluru, isn't attracting any customers.
Since it was right outside the national park, they called it "A Creche in the Park".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe parents don't like the idea of their babies around dingos. Which if it did happen, would confirm that Azaria Chamberlain is a case that happened also in the HP! world.
Elwood Blutarsky

"Eh, mate. That was like 37 years ago."
"None of us did it. You can't judge all dingos just on that incident. We're good with the pups of all kinds...cept those invasive bunnies."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Heh, dark humor.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:"Eh, mate. That was like 37 years ago."
"None of us did it. You can't judge all dingos just on that incident. We're good with the pups of all kinds...cept those invasive bunnies."
Keene: <Take off sunglasses, facepalms> Look, I understand, but you should leave off that bit about the feral bunnies...
Elwood Blutarsky

The ferrets gain possession of the fully-powered Infinity Gauntlet. Thankfully all are saved because being ferrets they see it only as something fun and shiny to look at before hiding it behind the couch and forgetting about it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Marion, still transformed into a female squirrel and in the process of figuring everything out in regards to what happens, meats up with a certain squirrelsune who falls in love with him. XD
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Marion, still transformed into a female squirrel and in the process of figuring everything out in regards to what happens, meats up with a certain squirrelsune who falls in love with him. XD
If he really is stuck long term like this, then I almost expect to see a minor recurring character just like that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually when I made a post about that, I was referring actually to Diss since his fursona is a squirrelsune and I was trying to tease him playfully.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Actually when I made a post about that, I was referring actually to Diss since his fursona is a squirrelsune and I was trying to tease him playfully.
Ah. Well, then. Carry on. :-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Deciding its time for another date, King and Bailey decide on a different pair of baby sitters. So they hire Sasha and Daisy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that might make King even more neurotic than last time.

But hey King, you know what they say: with your first litter, you are overprotective and crazy. With your second, you only care the bare minimum. Like those diaper commercials on television! :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The puppies call up "Uncle" Kitsune and get him to take than on an adventure - and, boy, does he ever !!!