King's watch

Discuss the comic here
Post Reply
RawbieMoonclaw
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:15 am

King's watch

Post by RawbieMoonclaw »

Whatever happen to that watch that fell from heaven (which was king's free will /soul) I know I haven't seen that watch in along time. Did I miss something or has it just not been mentioned again yet?

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8820
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Dissension »

It hasn't been relevant to the plot of recent strips.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6034
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: King's watch

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I just assume it's been taken back to heaven since sabrina said someone will come pick it up

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

I pretty sure, if someone already came to bring it back to heaven, we would have seen it.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Sleet »

Or maybe not. Rick's been trying to keep that story from taking over the comic, and I can see how that comment just existed to make King appear paranoid in the last panel.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: King's watch

Post by Gren »

Don't get paranoid. If I remember correctly, Rick said he wanted to end the Cosmic plot as fast as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get to the bottom of this before the end of this year.
About the watch, I think we shouldn't assume anything, specially because if Rick bothered himself to create an intricate arc with the only purpose to make sure King take possession of the said watch (that represent a piece of his soul no less) then it's more likely we'll going to see it again, probably being an important part of the resolution of the whole plot.
ImageImage

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 7520
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by D-Rock »

It would be pretty difficult for a webcomic to cover everything that occurs in the lives of the characters, no matter how often it updated and how much free time the artist has. This may be shown, or it could have already happened. While it's fun to talk about, it's ultimately one of those "wait and see" things.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by copper »

The watch will appear, The game will come to an end, and all will cheer and move on to other aspects of this wonderful comic.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

I do wonder why there is a portion of people souls outside their bodies. I don't get that. And what would have happened if Bino had broken the watch?
What's with all the horrocruxes?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: King's watch

Post by Macsen »

How do we know Bino could've broken it in the first place? All that drama (or at least some of it) could've been for naught.
Image
Image

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

Silly Zealot wrote:I do wonder why there is a portion of people souls outside their bodies. I don't get that. And what would have happened if Bino had broken the watch?
What's with all the horrocruxes?
I think, that is the Joel-part of the soul. Remember the inscription on the backside of the watch?
If the watch would have been destroyed, I assume that he no longer would not have the option to return to his Joel-life again. But presently he maybe don't want anymore... but for this, there is already another discussion OT. :)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

That's an interesting interpretation, but then why would Pete be able to use it to control King?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

Maybe Pete was trying to get something in hand to put some pressure on King to become his avatar for his own sake.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

Render wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:I do wonder why there is a portion of people souls outside their bodies. I don't get that. And what would have happened if Bino had broken the watch?
What's with all the horrocruxes?
I think, that is the Joel-part of the soul. Remember the inscription on the backside of the watch?
If the watch would have been destroyed, I assume that he no longer would not have the option to return to his Joel-life again. But presently he maybe don't want anymore... but for this, there is already another discussion OT. :)
The Joel part of the soul, you say? Then why, pray tell, where there so many other soul orbs in that cosmical storage room?
I like to call it the cosmical horrocrux warehouse.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

Heaven is not full of souls of people which have been transformed into dogs. It is full of souls from people whose bodies do not exist any longer, this is usually caused by their death.
The body of Joel did not die, it was dissolved (not sure if this is the right word), the soul of Joel went to heaven and a new being, King, was created with it's own soul. Joel and King are very closely connected, but they are not fully the same person. That's why the soul of Joel is stored in heaven till it is needed again.

This is how I interpret it.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

The watch isn't his soul, it's his fate.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

Render wrote:Heaven is not full of souls of people which have been transformed into dogs. It is full of souls from people whose bodies do not exist any longer, this is usually caused by their death.
The body of Joel did not die, it was dissolved (not sure if this is the right word), the soul of Joel went to heaven and a new being, King, was created with it's own soul. Joel and King are very closely connected, but they are not fully the same person. That's why the soul of Joel is stored in heaven till it is needed again.

This is how I interpret it.
First off, that warehouse was in dog heaven, and second, in this comic: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/05/02/did-it-hurt/ We see several of those dogs who passed away walking freely in dog heaven.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

OK, just had a look at the old arc, it's already from two years ago.
Argent you are right, it is his fate, at least it is stored under fate. This changes things, have to think about.

Why is Joel's fate stored in Dogs Heaven? Because Dogs have controll about his fate?

Ehm, is there also a Cats Heaven? And a Ferrets Heaven? ...


PS: I still like what Sabrina said to Fido.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

Render wrote:OK, just had a look at the old arc, it's already from two years ago.
Argent you are right, it is his fate, at least it is stored under fate. This changes things, have to think about.

Why is Joel's fate stored in Dogs Heaven? Because Dogs have controll about his fate?
Because Joel is a dog now?

And I thought it was a generic animals heaven.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:
Render wrote:OK, just had a look at the old arc, it's already from two years ago.
Argent you are right, it is his fate, at least it is stored under fate. This changes things, have to think about.

Why is Joel's fate stored in Dogs Heaven? Because Dogs have controll about his fate?
Because Joel is a dog now?

And I thought it was a generic animals heaven.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/06/ ... ear-three/ Nope! It's doggy heaven allright.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

Argent wrote:
Render wrote:OK, just had a look at the old arc, it's already from two years ago.
Argent you are right, it is his fate, at least it is stored under fate. This changes things, have to think about.

Why is Joel's fate stored in Dogs Heaven? Because Dogs have controll about his fate?
Because Joel is a dog now?

And I thought it was a generic animals heaven.
I just found that Sabrina said that Pete was trying to take a piece of Kings soul (here), so it may still be the Joel-part of the soul, which explains why it is named Joel and not King.

The Joel-part of Kings soul is Kings fate. Earlier or later he hast to decide if he likes to stay as a dog including his earlier life which means that he has to tell the others the truth about his former life as Joel. Or if he likes to return to his life as Joel.

_____

I am wondering if Rick reads all this. Maybe he can clarify... 8-)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

Why do you think "Joel" and "King" are different people?

I assumed the fate had Joel's name on it because it was engraved when it was created at his birth.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: King's watch

Post by Render »

On one side, they are different and on the other side they are not, that is not easy. I really don't know how I should describe it, I mean King was Joel earlier, now he is King. And his past is his fate, that's what I call the Joel-part of his soul.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

Either that or it's got Joel's name on it because King hasn't fully accepted his new self... when he does, the name will change.

Which would be good theatre.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:Either that or it's got Joel's name on it because King hasn't fully accepted his new self... when he does, the name will change.

Which would be good theatre.
An idea so cliche even I thought of it several months ago.
And I'm gonna go there to prevent that from hap- uh, I mean... uhm.... goodbye! "flees"
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Kyuunado
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Location: Skulking in Hatfield, England

Re: King's watch

Post by Kyuunado »

Wait, dark paladins are powered by discontent? So if he is happy wont he turn back regardless? :|
I'm kinda sure that Joel will be reintroduced somehow without removing king, like a kind of "other half" twist.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Wait, dark paladins are powered by discontent? So if he is happy wont he turn back regardless? :|
He wasn't changed by being a Dark Paladin, he was changed by Pete to make him a better Dark Paladin.
I'm kinda sure that Joel will be reintroduced somehow without removing king, like a kind of "other half" twist.
I hope not.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Sleet »

How would that even work?
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

Sleet wrote:How would that even work?
Magic.

Pete goes "well, I need to put Joel back, timeline needs an annoying human", grabs King by the scruff of his neck, and pulls Joel out, pokes him through THE GATE OF MYSTERIES into the courthouse at the moment he vanished, King walks off limbs askew with stars and tweety birds floating around his head.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: King's watch

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:
Sleet wrote:How would that even work?
Magic.

Pete goes "well, I need to put Joel back, timeline needs an annoying human", grabs King by the scruff of his neck, and pulls Joel out, pokes him through THE GATE OF MYSTERIES into the courthouse at the moment he vanished, King walks off limbs askew with stars and tweety birds floating around his head.
I was thinking of something along the lines of Kami-Sama and Piccollo.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21010
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Argent wrote:
Sleet wrote:How would that even work?
Magic.

Pete goes "well, I need to put Joel back, timeline needs an annoying human", grabs King by the scruff of his neck, and pulls Joel out, pokes him through THE GATE OF MYSTERIES into the courthouse at the moment he vanished, King walks off limbs askew with stars and tweety birds floating around his head.
no can do, no weird time junk, remember? as far as we know, Joel never showed up again, so Pete can't put him back and have him there during a time he wasn't.

He could probably, do everything else and just have Joel turn himself in. Of course, he'd get a longer sentence than he initially would have. 5 months for stealing Fox, 14 because he ran away
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5893
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Argent »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Argent wrote:
Sleet wrote:How would that even work?
Magic.

Pete goes "well, I need to put Joel back, timeline needs an annoying human", grabs King by the scruff of his neck, and pulls Joel out, pokes him through THE GATE OF MYSTERIES into the courthouse at the moment he vanished, King walks off limbs askew with stars and tweety birds floating around his head.
no can do, no weird time junk, remember?
That's a game rule. Doesn't apply if the space-time continuum is in danger. I learned that from Star Trek.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Kyuunado
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm
Location: Skulking in Hatfield, England

Re: King's watch

Post by Kyuunado »

I was considering if the fate contained part of kings soul then maybe that could become Joel, but then you would have to create a storyline where it would A) make sense and B) have a reason to include Joel. as well as having to carry on his part in the story after reintroduction or just killing him off. (King accepts being a dog or something)
Really it is just assuming Rick can be bothered doing such a storyline, but for the most part is extremely unlikely... Unless Rick gets bored sometime and makes non-canon stuff?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+

User avatar
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: King's watch

Post by Foxstar »

We will see it again when it's time for it to be seen.

Post Reply