Where did you hear of Housepets!?

Discuss the comic here
Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: Where did you hear of Housepets!?

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I saw that video recently, it's pretty good. It's always interesting to learn more about Rick's work process.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With that video looks like we got a bit more insight into how Rick advances the comic along.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Search engine during the arc where Bailey and King were starting a family. More specifically at a eating contest at a festival the milton ferrets were hosting.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ah yes. I remember reading that arc. Lots of very found memories. It was awesome.

One of my favorites for obvious reasons. =D
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

IceKitsune wrote:I was board one day and was looking for a new Webcomic to read so I went on one of those Webcomic Ranking sites (I can't remember which one) and clicked around at random until I saw a premise I liked. This is how I started reading Ginger's Bread as well but not on the same day as Housepets! however.
Same premise as you, but google instead of webcomics ranking sites, and I looked for comics that had anthro (but NOT humanoid faced dragon; or human and/or humanoid, that turned into a dragon) FEMALE dragon, preferably the traditional western winged ones with six limbs and such (I just like the wing appeal, and you can get MORE emotions and character actions with SIX LIMBED dragons than you can with the wyvern-dragon model, *cough* *cough* Hobbit directors *cough* *cough*)

But I also sort of liked eastern too, and when I saw a blue Griffin called pete (I didn't know who he was yet) talking to what I thought was a fox (king), and the sudden reveal of the green asian lóng called spirit from tarot, I thought it looked interesting, and I wanted to see how the story was, so I clicked the back arrow to read from the beginning (but even though this comic was maybe a few years old, and I began at age 10-14, so atleast from sometime during 2011-2015, i couldn't find a way to get on the forms, because phone wouldn't let me, until last year, or was it early this year? Where I could finally post) to get a catch-up so I wouldn't miss out, and here I am.

I don't talk here alot, because I tend to but heads with people, don't tend to joke around, and due to certain mental problems and poor social skills, have a hard time conveying what I mean. And recently, as i was on a discord, people called me troll because I try to take things serious, or when i point out some one is being a hypocrite, almost everyone groups up on me about it, and I sort of due have thin skin, which I am working on, and have a bit of a short fuse.

And I had alot of I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins happen to me IRL, and did get a bit of Motional abuse, and some physical abuse, with people saying that there is something wrong with me and said I had stock home syndrome, dunno why. And I had raging Christian (NOT Catholic) family and alot of politics they liked mainly FAR left, with most of my bros liking the far right, which caused alot of I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins for me because I wanted to stay A-political.

So what i am trying to say is i have REALLY bad people skills, really bad social skills, and while i may not be as badly physically abused as most people, i relate to king as the one who shares a similar origin to me (minus running away, but I was still adopted, but not through a orphanage, so eh?), but i relate to peanut's happier child hood when I was little and NOT adopted with 5 entitled devastated feminist sisters who could hit me around and basically get what they want from me.

I mean hey, I even gave up drawing at a young age and barely can draw dragons.

I can't even be original about online user names because I would forget them for a pass code, and so I use the same name generally across all social media. Going to try to spice things up.

And I really don't talk here because when I was on a app called amino for a morally not so sound "Spyro" amino, I introduced a few of some people who have caused me problems, THEIR friends to this web comic, and since they made a amino based on housepets, and they most likely are on here, I try to keep a low profile.

But I LOVE this comic non the less, the art style, the slice of life with a SMALL bit of whimsy and a bit of meta humor, makes it one of my favorite WEB comics that had a dragon as a character in it.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Just kinda found it xd

I was bored one night around last Christmas so I just did a random search and came up with it. Was a little iffy of it for the first few panels, but then grew to love it over time.
B.E.A.R. PMC
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How long did it take you to catch up to the current strip? For me it took 2 weeks but that was back in 2014. :D
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

For me, adding up all the time, I would say around a month, more or less, to catch up.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

About 5 days ish
B.E.A.R. PMC
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I still haven't read all the comics...
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its a good thing you got plenty of time then. :mrgreen:
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Just realized I haven't posted this here yet.
So, I was browsing the archives of another webcomic I read(called SaveState) and I saw a comment by someone named "Rick Griffin". And people in the comments below him mention something of his called "HousePets!" And I was like, "What is HousePets?" So, I looked it up, and I've been hooked ever since. That was roughly a year ago(I think I started reading towards the end of the Hot Springs part.)
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Did you read it from the beginning and work your way up or did you just start reading at the end of that arc?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I've read almost the entire thing, but not in order.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you just choose specific arcs that you thought you would like?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Yeah... I just started with the arcs that sounded interesting, and then read the rest.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What was the first arc you read then?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I don't remember, but Call O th' Wild was one of the first ones(late 2018 was when I started reading)
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh I remember that arc well. It also establishes that Bailey is stronger than the wolves when her maternal instincts come out because Gale beat the wolves (one-on-one anyway) and Bailey beat Gale. :mrgreen:
Wortge

Post by Wortge »

Heard about it back in the early 10s when I was into reading TVtropes pages. Only "binge-read" the entire comic in the middle of last year though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Welcome to the forum first of all! Since you binge-read it, does that mean you are all caught up?
Wortge

Post by Wortge »

Still haven't read "Be Mine" and the latest Spot arc in only one go, but I believe my memories of the overall plot are fine.

I decided to read it all after checking out the start of Life as a Teenage Squirrel and wanting to know what the backstory to all that was. Ended up really liking the Grape-Peanut dynamic and I'm honestly kinda burned-out of Marion after having him dominate the story for half an year.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then you will get REALLY tired because King ends up having an arc which takes over the comics also. :P
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Well, I heard about Housepets from this Youtuber called TwoFurryBros (they changed their channel name recently so it's now FurryFoofi). I had just recently become a furry and I was like. " Huh, I should probably read some webcomics." So I looked around for some good webcomics to read and their video for their top 10 furry webcomics came up. I watched it and Housepets! caught my eye. I saw that they made 2 more videos talking about Housepets! so I watched those too. I started reading at the My Life as a Teenage Squirrel part 5 arc.
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.