2022/01/28 - Bumper Sticker

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2022/01/28 - Bumper Sticker

Post by Obbl »

[ Bumper Sticker ]

Title Text: "dear, there's a cat hanging onto our rear door"
"I TOLD YOU NEVER TO TALK TO ME WHILE I'M DRIVING MARTHA, GET YOUR HAND AWAY FROM THE RADIO I LIKE IT OFF"

Welp, here's hoping :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2022/01/28 - Bumper Sticker

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She’s off like a Cat outta heck,
but now she’s running outta puff.
In her quest to distract Steward
Lois shows that she knows her stuff.
She’s not quite back, behind the wheel
but she’s getting back up to speed.
When it comes to travelling fast,
I guess she just felt the need.
If she’s managed all of this right,
Stewards pursuit of her goes on.
Leaving the finding of ol’ Kit
as a job for her Marion.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

So it just now dawned on me but what *exactly* was their plan? Just keep running until DS is tired out? Go all 'Shadow Of The Colossus' on Steward?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:14 am So it just now dawned on me but what *exactly* was their plan? Just keep running until DS is tired out? Go all 'Shadow Of The Colossus' on Steward?
Put it this way...

HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M A CAT! CHASE ME! Ignore the Squirrel going the other way. COME ON!!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, all that's gotta happen is for one of them to get out of Steward's range of influence (however far that is) and Kitsune will instantly know everything they know about the demon situation. So by splitting up, they're hoping Steward will be forced to stop them all from leaving his influence and one can slip through. Plan is not going well if they're down to two free people (one of whom has tiny legs), but who knows :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Obbl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:23 amone can slip through. Plan is not going well if they're down to two free people (one of whom has tiny legs), but who knows :lol:
Three. If Todd's now at the 'mercy' of those who grabbed him. If they move, Steward can't stop them without risking revealing himself. Plus he no longer looks like Todd...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:36 am Todd's now at the 'mercy' of those who grabbed him.
Hence, two "free" people, though yes, I'd find it extraordinarily hilarious if Todd ends up being the salvation of the group due to this ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Let's hope that windscreen wiper is well attached....
Disproportionately Dappled
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

DDeer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 am Let's hope that windscreen wiper is well attached....
It’s the rear glass, not windscreen, but yeah.

How would Kitsune “instantly” know about their plight if they got free of the demons sphere of influence?
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

Cosmacelf wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:40 am
DDeer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 am Let's hope that windscreen wiper is well attached....
How would Kitsune “instantly” know about their plight if they got free of the demons sphere of influence?
Because Kitsune does not really experience time linearly.

Once something becomes so, it gets recorded in Heaven's archives, which Kitsune can look up basically whenever. This gives him the appearance of knowing everything as soon as it happens, but really he's just momentarily stepping out of reality and using the time dilation/contraction in Heaven to quickly read up on whatever he needs to know about and then pop back before anyone notices.

Demons, including Steward, obscure the ability of Heaven to observe what is happening around them, so right now, nothing in the city is getting recorded. Once one of them gets out of his sphere of influence, whatever they know will get recorded in the archive, which Kitsune is probably furiously checking to see if there's been any updates, so as soon as it gets recorded, he'll know what's happening.

Basically, he looking at Reality's article on Cosmopedia, and is constantly hitting refresh, looking for an update.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So, who will Stewart choose to chase down and crush like a bug? Who willlllll be the lucky winner? ... and now Lois has some idea about the superiority of claws over fingernails.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

That's funny, I've always called the one on the back a windscreen wiper as well, not strictly correct now I consider it.
Disproportionately Dappled
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

You're keeping running, Lois, but demon Steward is watching you... :? Good you reached the highway, but the path for the woods to reach Great Kitsune is still too long. Oh yeah, agree with you, it's a lot harder and especially it looks so painful. :( But hold on, you must resist. ;) Try to get on the roof, at least. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somehow I don't think that Steward won't be able to catch her even if she is hanging on to a car. I remember the Steven Universe episode where Steven and Connie ran away on a bus because they were afraid that Connie's parents wouldn't let them hang out anymore. Alexandrite, the same height as Steward easily caught the bus.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:25 am
Because Kitsune does not really experience time linearly.

Once something becomes so, it gets recorded in Heaven's archives, which Kitsune can look up basically whenever. This gives him the appearance of knowing everything as soon as it happens, but really he's just momentarily stepping out of reality and using the time dilation/contraction in Heaven to quickly read up on whatever he needs to know about and then pop back before anyone notices.

Demons, including Steward, obscure the ability of Heaven to observe what is happening around them, so right now, nothing in the city is getting recorded. Once one of them gets out of his sphere of influence, whatever they know will get recorded in the archive, which Kitsune is probably furiously checking to see if there's been any updates, so as soon as it gets recorded, he'll know what's happening.

Basically, he looking at Reality's article on Cosmopedia, and is constantly hitting refresh, looking for an update.
Oh wow, great explanation. Is that canonical from somewhere, or did you guys figure it out on this forum?
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

New plan..dare Demon Steward to make Lois a cheetah
"But if I do that,she'll run faster away and win."
"Nah, no chance Stew,cheetahs never win."
(Even Todd groans at the pun.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:20 pm New plan..dare Demon Steward to make Lois a cheetah
"But if I do that,she'll run faster away and win."
"Nah, no chance Stew,cheetahs never win."
(Even Todd groans at the pun.)
Oh, gosh ... now he's REALLY mad! :o
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You better make sure he doesn't see you or he will punt you to Australia.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

DDeer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:15 pm

That's funny, I've always called the one on the back a windscreen wiper as well, not strictly correct now I consider it.
We call it the rear windscreen in Britain.
Obbl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:23 am Well, all that's gotta happen is for one of them to get out of Steward's range of influence (however far that is) and Kitsune will instantly know everything they know about the demon situation. So by splitting up, they're hoping Steward will be forced to stop them all from leaving his influence and one can slip through. Plan is not going well if they're down to two free people (one of whom has tiny legs), but who knows :lol:
Ironically, the one with tiny legs would be better suited for clinging onto a moving car. Square cube law is on Marion's side here.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which is why I am betting Lois is wishing that she had been turned into a squirrel instead of Marion. :lol:
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

At least she knows not to ride under the car.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do you actually think she would be able to fit under there? LOL
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

Cosmacelf wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:10 pm Oh wow, great explanation. Is that canonical from somewhere, or did you guys figure it out on this forum?
It's paraphrased from what was actually said. I forget which page it was, but I believe it was near the start of the current arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was Kitsune the one that explained it to everybody or was it another Celestial? I know that it had to be someone in the same boat as him.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

While running from a bird-ger sleazy,
Lois learns car-clinging isn't easy-
And while she's headed for the barrier-
Getting caught, or falling, which one's scarier?

She's trying to break out, trying to run,
Trying to cut loose from under the thumb
Of the monster that's towering over the city-
Let's just say, she's one tired kitty.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!