Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by NHWestoN »

Spo returns.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:12 pmSpo returns.
...again.

Jill is turned into a cat by Steward and Earl is given a sadistic choice between turning into a dog or travelling to Dragon's temple to get the counter-curse scroll.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We get a series of strips that detail how and why Trinket left Cory and ended up being partnered with Steward.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The wolves decide to form a rugby team. When the pets respond by putting their own together, the pack is scornful and unimpressed ... until they learn who the pets have for their coach.

Gale.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bino, using a Duchess’s social connections organizes a polo team consisting of him, Duchess, Yeltsin, and Boris. The team dominates the Babylon Gardens area and Bino and Duchess are even more unbearable. Meanwhile, Max, Grape, Tarot, and Peanut have travelled to Uncle Rueben’s farm and are learning about polo from some of the farm horses. After hearing about it while spying on Max’s daily phone call to Jeff, Bino decides to take the team on the road and challenge the Sandwich group. In a surprise to absolutely no one, (except for Bino and Duchess) the four dogs get their tails kicked. Bino and Duchess squabble about whose fault it is.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tired of her long absence from the comic, Daisy breaks through the fourth wall and confront Eudoant. However, somewhat cowed by the imposing four-eared deer demon, she is at a loss for what to do. As the infuriated Infernal advances menacingly towards her, Daisy can only fall back on what she knows.

"Hi, I'm Daisy", she utters sheepishly.

Turns out that "Hyyamtayzee" is a powerful incantation that places demons under her control and shattering the transformations spells.

Now restored to their humanity, the gang is driving through town where they come upon an amazing sight - Daisy lounging in an overstuffed recliner while being served her choice of beverages by Eudoant in a resplendent waitstaff attire, being fanned by NegaBreel and Trinket, while a restored Steward is tending an enormous flaming barbeque and Great Kitsune is getting a flaming tongue lashing from Cerberus and Bahamut. Everything ends as it should - in a colossal party!

Next episode: Bahamut decides, as a consolation prize, Eudoant can take Todd back to Pandemonium with her.

And don't miss ... the return of Yeltsin, Jasper, Griswold, featuring musical backgrounds by Keys, Fidler, and the Bigglesworth Chorus!
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

King runs (among other fandom communities) "Pridelands" boards, chats, communities in the manner of "Reploid Revo," informing people and debunking falsehoods about media made by Housepets. Down to the exacting details of Reploid Revo.

When talking to the likes of Grape in real life, he uses the "Flame Warriors" and "Tv tropes Fourm Speak" classes and when discussing what went on in the various communities.

He even sees Peanut as the "Jolt" to his "Twitch." Holds "The Word of God" as gospel.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Based on one of the fanfics that a former user Karl made and had gotten far into before he left, Jeff realizes that he is going into debt and can only keep one of his pets. However this time around, he chooses to keep Bino and gives Maxwell to a new neighbor who moves in.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:33 pm Based on one of the fanfics that a former user Karl made and had gotten far into before he left, Jeff realizes that he is going into debt and can only keep one of his pets. However this time around, he chooses to keep Bino and gives Maxwell to a new neighbor who moves in.
Considering how depressing Housepets!: Matt got, this could either be a great emotional chapter for the comic or a complete execution disaster.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I haven't managed to get through most of it but from the parts that I read if I was a social worker I would have taken Matt away from his emotionally and distant parents a LONG time ago. You have to ask yourself why he is so messed up? Look no further.

Except in mine Max wouldn't go to people like that. Maybe Reuben has a daughter that moves in who wants to get to know her uncle Earl and aunt Jill more.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:22 pm I haven't managed to get through most of it but from the parts that I read if I was a social worker I would have taken Matt away from his emotionally and distant parents a LONG time ago. You have to ask yourself why he is so messed up? Look no further.

Except in mine Max wouldn't go to people like that. Maybe Reuben has a daughter that moves in who wants to get to know her uncle Earl and aunt Jill more.
Maybe the Barn Cats can help out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

An arc I came up with based on the current strip: Jess suddenly begins to crave rabbit and has to fight her urges to not eat her boyfriend Zach.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Let's face it, that's a risk that Zach had to take with dating outside of his species.

Being on the bottom of the food chain sucks sometimes.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:42 am An arc I came up with based on the current strip: Jess suddenly begins to crave rabbit and has to fight her urges to not eat her boyfriend Zach.
Would rather not, thank you very much.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Eh, could be silly, but I doubt Rick would do something like that anytime soon. But that's the fun of this thread. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:42 am An arc I came up with based on the current strip: Jess suddenly begins to crave rabbit and has to fight her urges to not eat her boyfriend Zach.
Arc has kind of a Beastars "flavor" to it .... Hee hee .... ;)
Tinnier

Post by Tinnier »

Sounds neat, I like the idea. It could be fun :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter -> @tinnierArt
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

A retired military dog moves into the neighborhood. Despite being perfectly nice and showing little interest in law enforcement, Ralph is worried that the newcomer will take his job.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Harry Johnathan

dr_eirik wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:42 pm A retired military dog moves into the neighborhood. Despite being perfectly nice and showing little interest in law enforcement, Ralph is worried that the newcomer will take his job.
Turns out the dog is actually Ralph's long-lost half brother Falf.

I am terribly sorry for writing that.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:12 pm
dr_eirik wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:42 pm A retired military dog moves into the neighborhood. Despite being perfectly nice and showing little interest in law enforcement, Ralph is worried that the newcomer will take his job.
Turns out the dog is actually Ralph's long-lost half brother Falf.

I am terribly sorry for writing that.
If needed, he can always as for work with his musician half-brother Rolf. Works in musical theater for a frog.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

"STOP POSTING ABOUT MY GIRTH! I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT!..."

Where this is only the beginning of a idea I had for the first story of Flamelands, "Joe Black" knew that Keene is getting Fat.

"...I WAS WATCHING WILLY WONKA WITH MY BAKER AND WHEN VIOLET BLEW UP INTO A BLUEBERRY I TOLD HIM "HEY BABE, REMIND YOU OF ANYONE?" HA HA HA!"

Upon Keene Dinging the '71 Oompa Loompa song, Joe downloaded the video and immediately banned Keene.

"...Hey King Dad! How was your Saturday?" "I had to ban an Imposter." "That was Sus?" "No, more of a Issues."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Simon decides he wants to become a pilot and convinces Lana to get him into lessons to learn how to fly. Things sure do happen.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

During an Imaginite! of 'Star Wars', Tarot accidently does a spell that makes Star Wars, well, real. With most of the Imaginite Members missing and the only one able to help being Marion and Terrance, Tarot must brave the universe of Star Wars to rescue her friends, stop the Empire, and return the place back to normal.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:35 pm During an Imaginite! of 'Star Wars', Tarot accidently does a spell that makes Star Wars, well, real. With most of the Imaginite Members missing and the only one able to help being Marion and Terrance, Tarot must brave the universe of Star Wars to rescue her friends, stop the Empire, and return the place back to normal.
The plan hinges on everyone remembering who Terrance is....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But on the plus side if everybody doesn't remember who Terrence is that is a clean slate for him and he can be whoever he wants to be. :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maxwell joins the K-9s, and is paired during training., with Fido. During a community day there is a sudden collapse of a play structure, Max and Fido save pets and Cubs from the wreckage and are lauded. While investigating, they find evidence that the structure was sabotaged and that Bino is the perpetrator. Bino has also run away. According to a note he left Max and Fido, he did press a button but thought it would soak the K-9s and was horrified when the structure collapsed. While others dismiss Bino’s statement, Max and Fido believe their brother, and set out to find the true perpetrator.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Harry Johnathan

Spot comes into the real world after Tarot tried to perform magic again and it goes horribly wrong. In the real world, Spot is not only a clueless nutcase, but lacks any sort of superpowers due to the restraints of the logic of our universe and causes a staggering amount of problems in his short time here.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:40 pm Spot comes into the real world after Tarot tried to perform magic again and it goes horribly wrong. In the real world, Spot is not only a clueless nutcase, but lacks any sort of superpowers due to the restraints of the logic of our universe and causes a staggering amount of problems in his short time here.
So, similar to Last Action Hero?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Harry Johnathan

Basically, but Spot never really solves any sort of problem and there's no villain. He just causes mindless terror while sincerely believing he's doing good while Tarot and Peanut have to stop him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tarot wants to get Peanut interested in history so she takes him to a museum. He becomes SO bored he imagines he is transported back to the time periods instead.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:29 am Tarot wants to get Peanut interested in history so she takes him to a museum. He becomes SO bored he imagines he is transported back to the time periods instead.
He then meets his great great great great great great great great grandfather Bard Honey-Jam Sandwich during the "Pet's Crusade" of 1152. Being a children's crusade kind of thing, it ends in disaster and Peanut is captured by the Turkish army --- and then he wakes up after Tarot screams at him for falling alseep.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well not wake up as in get snapped back to reality since he has such an active imagination he is imagining everything. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

In the aftermath of the event of the current arc, it's learned that Bino was out of the quarantine zone and thus missed out on the trip to Heaven.

Hilarity ensues....
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 am In the aftermath of the event of the current arc, it's learned that Bino was out of the quarantine zone and thus missed out on the trip to Heaven.

Hilarity ensues....
Bino tries to be heroic, but his cockiness gets the best of him and he ends up making things worse.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

On the other hand, while in Heaven Bino does something heroic and selfless which monopolizes a lot of his time but he does it because its the right thing to do.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bonus points for Bino if he saves Fido, Max, or Peanut or teams up with any or all of the three. At this point, it would be awesome if he said he loved those guys and didn’t give a carp what Duchess thought.
Last edited by trekkie on Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I was wondering about Tarot's backstory and I didn't really see anything related to that or just didn't read the comic that carefully. This one's going to be way too long, with plenty of plot holes and stuff that I didn't notice.

The arc would start with Peanut being at Tarot's place, being curious about why only Sabrina and Tarot are in the house and where are their owners. Sabrina tells that her owner is a anthropologist and travelling around the world. But Peanut is still wondering that why he left them on their own, but Sabrina is reluctant to tell anything so Peanut begs her until she gives in and starts telling a story.
It was revealed that Tarot used to be a human, she was Stanley D'Angelo's niece who was told to look after Sabrina until he's away. One day she found a coin while walking home with groceries and later that evening she transformed into a Pomeranian. Originally she and Sabrina had a typical owner-pet relationship which became a friendship as time went on. Tarot started to get into magic and was very talented in it, but originally she just wanted to know why did she transform. She became the Spirit Dragon's avatar, but for the same reason why she got into magic and thought the the Dragon might know a thing or two. She received her current name from the Spirit Dragon. As she became more experienced and powerful because of being a demigod's avatar, Sabrina became her apprentice.
As time passed, she got used to her body and after a long while she didn't even do magical stuff because she wanted reasons, but because she enjoyed it. She kind of forgot to ask Dragon about her transformation, after the game ended and the two celestials started a mortal life, Tarot realised this but at that moment she couldn't do anything about it, also someone really attached her to the dog-body and that certain someone was everybody's favorite Peanut Butter Sandwich (what a surprise).
But looks like that Tarot didn't need the Dragon in order to get answers, during the last arc of Temple Crashers 2 when Keene visits Sabrina with a peace offering, he notices the coin and tells about the curse of it and that's how his father's nephew had became a camel, he also tells that now it might be impossible to find a counter-curse since they were in the temple, though the Dragon's temple might have those. After Keene left, Sabrina asked whether they should go to Egypt to find the counter-curse, but Tarot refused, she yielded to her fate.
After Sabrina finished the story, Tarot walks in and Peanut immediately comments about her past, before any answers Tarot just runs out of the room with tears appearing in her eyes. Peanut runs after her. When he finds Tarot, she's crying because of being afraid that Peanut would dislike her or break up with her, but he reassures Tarot saying that he still loves her, no matter what happened in the past and he actually finds this really awesome. After this she asks Peanut to never tell this to anyone which he promises. A few minutes later Grape arrives to tell Peanut to come home, so he goes with Grape, leaving Tarot in the room.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It would be neat to find out about Tarot’s history.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A storm wrecks Jessica's tree house. Zach invites everyone to stay with him until repairs are completed. Tiger slips a cog!
Harry Johnathan

Since Heckraiser is the final Housepets! arc as confirmed by Rick, I guess the arcs we imagine here really will never happen.

Oh, well. It's fun to think about them.