2021/05/07 - I’ve Been Turned Into An Aardvark, Can I Go Home?

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/05/07 - I’ve Been Turned Into An Aardvark, Can I Go Home?

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/05/07 - I’ve Been Turned Into An Aardvark, Can I Go Home?]
Title Text: its a good thing I kept my phone in my briefcase instead of drop it wherever my clothes ended up

Someone needed to be the guinea pig, and we don't have a guinea pig right now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2021/05/07 - I’ve Been Turned Into An Aardvark, Can I Go Home?

Post by Gbr23 »

Has the whole world been affected? Somebody call Mongolia!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

How far has this gone already? Also how are people just noticing this? It must have been really recent since that is the case I would guess.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Where do clothes go when people get transformed, anyways? The world may never know!
--

First a story about a squirrel that goes viral,
Now an aardvark to make the mind spiral,
And when bosses look in the mirror,
Make sure they can bear to see clearer!

With a smirk upon her mug,
Tarot hauls in tons of smug,
And now you know not to ask that kind of question,
It gets minds going in the wrong direction!
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

"I’ve Been Turned Into An Aardvark, Can I Go Home?"

You're excused. Anyone else need to go?
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Ever noticed how the coin transforms people into animals based on their personality; Thomas loved money? BOOM! A camel with no hands, so he can't touch money ever again! Mr. Steward betrayed his boss? BOOM! A honey-badger, a notoriously agressive (and some would say downright evil) animal! Marion was a nervous wreck! BOOM! A fidgety squirrel! Lois was fierce and no-nonsense? BOOM! A bobcat! Bossman was loud and mean-spirited? BOOM! A bear, and you get the picture.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 am Ever noticed how the coin transforms people into animals based on their personality; Thomas loved money? BOOM! A camel with no hands, so he can't touch money ever again! Mr. Steward betrayed his boss? BOOM! A honey-badger, a notoriously agressive (and some would say downright evil) animal! Marion was a nervous wreck! BOOM! A fidgety squirrel! Lois was fierce and no-nonsense? BOOM! A bobcat! Bossman was loud and mean-spirited? BOOM! A bear, and you get the picture.
The fact that this guy has his bosses direct number? BOOM! A creature with a long, brown nose...(!)

Why is it bad that Tarot’s having fun?
Why does it seem a little dark?
Why does it seem he does all the aard work
when she has a walk in the park?
Is he better with her or on his Todd?
Is he regretting getting in?
Is he thinking about all the diets
and, suddenly, becoming thin?
A world of questions has quickly hit
our new, long-nosed, little hero.
He’s riding with the mad quartet
so things will be made clear… oh...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Coyoty

Post by Coyoty »

By the way, how do I code this on my timesheet?
Frank

Post by Frank »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 am Ever noticed how the coin transforms people into animals based on their personality; Marion was a nervous wreck! BOOM! A fidgety squirrel! Lois was fierce and no-nonsense? BOOM! A bobcat! Bossman was loud and mean-spirited?
But why swap genders though? It seems to me like it's just random and those traits happened to match. You know, kind of like a horoscope "you will read something that will fill you with joy this week" it could be anything!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Frank wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:45 am
Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 am Ever noticed how the coin transforms people into animals based on their personality; Marion was a nervous wreck! BOOM! A fidgety squirrel! Lois was fierce and no-nonsense? BOOM! A bobcat! Bossman was loud and mean-spirited?
But why swap genders though? It seems to me like it's just random and those traits happened to match. You know, kind of like a horoscope "you will read something that will fill you with joy this week" it could be anything!
Yeah, I’m currently in the boat of “everything is randomized,” but there was an older theory that both Marion and Lois are closet trans.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
PaintedSkye

Post by PaintedSkye »

I can't help but be a little bit jealous of those who have transformed. However, becoming an aardvark is not ideal XD.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Is it bad that, for the longest time, I thought an aardvark's mouth was where it's nose is? I blame the show The Ant And The Aardvark for making me think that xD
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Jixstun

Post by Jixstun »

I wonder how many people were as unlucky as Thomas & ended up without hands... wasn't there a Zebra at the Boarding House earlier? That was either a transformed Human or a very ambitious Zebra.

If this is Steward's doing, or at least his wish, then it would seem to have the exact same problem as the one he had at the start of the arc. Wasn't his intent to ruin Keene by overwhelming the resources of the Equal Chance Program, but that wasn't working because the increased number of Transformee's was actually advancing the cause of Equality? Well, if everyone is transformed then there's no need for the ECP at all as everyone is in the same situation.

This makes me think that we might have a "Jackass Genie" situation. Steward gets what he wished for, but not what he wanted.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

The not noticing they got transformed is like in cartoons when a character is on fire or standing on thin air and they don’t notice until they either have it pointed out to them or they actually look down at themselves. And since nobody is noticing it must’ve been very sudden and no poof or anything.

Also if people aren’t noticing, I would assume being an anthro in this world feels exactly the same as being a human. Otherwise the boss bear and aardvark would’ve noticed.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I feel like they must have been changed in the last time minutes and really unobservant, especially for the boss who is probably in an office building with other transformed humans. I feel like there is a perception filter where people can't tell what is going on until it is pointed out to them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Good question, Frank, but I gotta give Rydr credit for posing an answer to a question that has gnawed on me since this whole coin transformation thread appeared - what determines what animal you become? If it's not random - and I don't think Rick would let such a message opportunity slip by - then what? Transformation myths usually revolve around punishment and self-disclosure. Perhaps, to your question, the gender changes evoke some nod to the Daoist/Jungian images of gender duality in every person.

... and doesn't Tarot's facial expression look wicked in that last panel - such unexpected roguishness!
Last edited by NHWestoN on Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:45 am Is it bad that, for the longest time, I thought an aardvark's mouth was where it's nose is?
Pretty much.

Not as far forward as an anteater's but at the end of the muzzle.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Glad the Aardvark is still featuring, this is great can't wait to see what species we see next, the possibilities are endless! I wonder if the rareness of the transformation tallies with the rareness of the creature, i.e. lots of dogs not so many saolas?

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Imagine the embarrassment had the aardvark become an anteater and his Boss had become an ant.

I was kinda wondering if the aardvark would turn out to be Earl, but I suppose he would have recognized Tarot right off the bat.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:05 pm Imagine the embarrassment had the aardvark become an anteater and his Boss had become an ant.

I was kinda wondering if the aardvark would turn out to be Earl, but I suppose he would have recognized Tarot right off the bat.
I’m assuming that anyone within the quarantine zone is in Heaven, so all the parents of the pets are going to be in Heaven. The only way they wouldn’t be is if they were out of the house, but we haven’t really established many of their jobs so we don’t know for sure where they work and when.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So the aardvark is going with them, there's space in the rear seat of that car. ;) Yeah, because of this unexpected transformation, he has to go home early today. :| Good suggestion, Tarot, you're a psychic, after all. :P Even the boss turned into an animal... This thing is going out of control, these cases are more than expected. :? Eheh, the title text is so right. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just imagine how much more hilarious and kind of gross this whole conversation would end up being here if the phone had been dropped in the toilet after the freak out by Bossman. :mrgreen:
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Gotta say, I like the direction this story is going.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
AmigaDragon

Post by AmigaDragon »

I've been wondering when Steward had contact with Marion & Lois, and how long it can take for the curse to manifest (Marion obviously made it home to his room before losing size) . I also wonder if there are any other gender swaps (at least before Eudoant broke the coin).
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

How long before people start shipping Bruno and BossBear?
Cloudspots

Post by Cloudspots »

Building off what you've already said, I thought the gender switches played off personality as well. It's entirely possible for a male to have a feminine personality, which seems to fit Marion, or for a female to have a masculine personality, which seems to fit Lois.
Harry Johnathan

Cloudspots wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 am
Building off what you've already said, I thought the gender switches played off personality as well. It's entirely possible for a male to have a feminine personality, which seems to fit Marion, or for a female to have a masculine personality, which seems to fit Lois.
That would explain a whole lot, actually. Also, note how they're the only ones to get that switch as well --- everyone else who was transformed had gender-normative personality types.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I think it is safe to say that not only does the coin transform you into an animal depending on your personality but it also can change your gender if it warrants it also.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Except THE COIN is broken in three pieces and is impotent - or maybe fragmentation has resulted in the multiplication of its energies.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that despite the fact that the coin is broken into three pieces that it still works regardless. We know Eudoant has one piece and Nega Breel has the other. Steward if he still has the third could be using it to continue to bring about discord in the city.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 pm I'm thinking that despite the fact that the coin is broken into three pieces that it still works regardless. We know Eudoant has one piece and Nega Breel has the other. Steward if he still has the third could be using it to continue to bring about discord in the city.
Heh. Discord.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

This has some pretty dramatic implications for the future of this comic. Now everyone is animals? This is certainly a bold decision by Rick.
I believe that when that Eudoant smashed the coin, it sent out a shock wave that turned everyone in the surrounding area, or even the whole world into animals.
Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:18 am Ever noticed how the coin transforms people into animals based on their personality; Thomas loved money? BOOM! A camel with no hands, so he can't touch money ever again! Mr. Steward betrayed his boss? BOOM! A honey-badger, a notoriously agressive (and some would say downright evil) animal! Marion was a nervous wreck! BOOM! A fidgety squirrel! Lois was fierce and no-nonsense? BOOM! A bobcat! Bossman was loud and mean-spirited? BOOM! A bear, and you get the picture.
I highly doubt that. These could easily be said to be coincidences, like horoscopes. I mean, why was Thomas changed into a form that will deny him what he wants, while everyone else is changed into an animals associated with stereotypes that match the characters' personality traits?
Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:19 pm Heh. Discord.
P I N G
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't say that Thomas got changed into an animal that doesn't have any of his personality traits though. Thomas was very stubborn and camels are stubborn. ;)