GUEST WEEK

What are we doing!?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

GUEST WEEK

Post by rickgriffin »

Next week (11/12-11/18) will be a guest week! I have a lot to get done (including book 9 stuff) so I need a short break so I don't accidentally trip over myself doing it

Submit your strips to [email protected]

All strips must be in PNG, JPEG or GIF format. Other formats will not be accepted. Maximum width is around 1300 px; the site will automatically resize images but for legibility and file size sake just keep it under maximum where possible.

All text must be legible, and word balloons in readable order. Images must not be crushed (too much JPEG artifacting, improper transparency)

You may always resubmit a comic which has not been run for guest week even if it's been posted elsewhere (not everyone will have seen it!)
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Amazee Dayzee

Re: GUEST WEEK

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am hoping that we do get some guest some guest strips that will showcase the sorely-missed Kevin.

Well hey, I miss him!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I am hoping that we do get some guest some guest strips that will showcase the sorely-missed Kevin.

Well hey, I miss him!
That gives me an idea for a strip!

.....But I will need someone with a skill level in illustration far beyond my "barely-discernible Microsoft Paint drawing" one.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Can I ask what "improper transparency" means? I submitted one but I think it had white borders instead of transparent. Is that okay?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Arvetis wrote:Can I ask what "improper transparency" means? I submitted one but I think it had white borders instead of transparent. Is that okay?
I doubt that's a problem. There are formats that don't support transparencies... like jpeg.

May be transparency where it shouldn't or something.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe I can convince my partner-in-crime to make a Kevin pie-in-the-face strip. ;)
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Arvetis wrote:Can I ask what "improper transparency" means? I submitted one but I think it had white borders instead of transparent. Is that okay?
On something like a gif file if you save it with transparency and THEN resize it, in most programs it won't save correctly. You'll get all sorts of weird artifacts.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers