First Part of an Attempted Fanfic

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

TheSilverFox51

First Part of an Attempted Fanfic

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

This is a fanfic involving Peanut and Fox, it is not a ship, but instead exploring how they act with each other. My reason for writing this is that 1)Peanut and Fox are two of my favorite characters and 2)We never get to see Peanut and Fox interact on a regular basis, We see Fox be hostile to Peanut a few times, generally when he was hanging around Bino, but we have also seen him be real friendly with Peanut, such as when they are discussing books and Fox says “Remind me, again, why I’m friends with Bino and not you?” We also know that Fox is somewhat friendly with Grape after the events of Housepets Babies! Implying that he may interact with her and Peanut more than we see, and that is what I am writing about. The fic takes place between Real Stories of the K9PD and Temple Crashers 2: Temple Crashers when Fox is doing some retraining after his mishaps with the police department, so a little bit after Christmas a year ago. I also tried to make this something that could seem canon, even just a little, and tried to keep the characters acting like themselves, not sure if I conveyed their personalities correctly. I’ve also never written a fanfic, so some criticism would be appreciated. Enjoy!

Peanut tossed his ball up towards the ceiling with little effort and a dull, empty look on his face. It was day three and Grape still had no desire to play, after all, she had a very bad cold and had made it very, very clear that if she was woken up, bothered, or pestered, for any reason, Peanut would need an ambulance. The thought to annoy her, just a little, crossed his mind, but he was stopped short by an angry glare as she began to take a nap. As a second thought he had headed over to the D’angelo house to see if Tarot or Sabrina wanted to play or do something, maybe go get some ice cream, however, it was to no avail, they were quite busy, something about magic potions that Kari had spilled and explosions, they all smelled like they had just crawled through a house fire. Peanut had things in his room, sure; a WII, a Nintendo, and various gadgets and toys. These did not capture his attention anymore than this ball did, Grape usually played along with him, they felt exceptionally empty without her, even if she was sometimes a spoilsport.
The Good Old Dogs Club had crossed his mind of course, only fleetingly though. Bino used to be a fun dog to hang around, but in recent years he had decided he was on a level beyond everyone, especially Peanut. Bino’s constant boasting about things he’d done, or said he’d done had began to get on Peanuts nerves, so he began to distance himself from the Club, even if some of the other dogs were fun to hang around. That being said Peanut began to look beyond the Club, he had first pestered Joey, with Dallas and Lester quickly shutting him down over how little knowledge he had of Star Trek, Japanese anime, and other nerdy things, causing Joey to apologize and request that Peanut come around some other day. Peanut began to think of other dogs, or cats, to hang around with, he had tried Fido, but was immediately corrected when he was reminded of the busy police dog’s schedule. Max had been no help either, telling him he needed to see his ‘dealer’, Peanut guessed Max had run out of catnip, again, and he certainly wasn’t going to help with drug deals.
Absently tossing the ball up and down was perhaps the worst game Peanut could have come up with in his pitiful state of boredom, you would think he had just lost any hope of joy. With that being said, he quickly sprung up from his bed, tossing his ball to the side. This was awful, there had to be something to do in this neighborhood. Peanut sprinted down the hallway, knocking a vase off of a shelf, barely catching it and enciting a short scolding from his mother. He finally reached the living room and tossed his scarf over his shoulder and yanking the door open, letting the crisp, cold air hit his face, sending shivers down his spine, he needed to get his energy out. Peanut felt like running.
Peanut thought of every possible candidate that would be willing to play in his head as he sprinted down through the neighborhood. King and Bailey could, maybe. No they had their pups to deal with. The wolf pups? They had surpassed him in strength long ago, and he wanted someone to play with him, not to crush him. Tiger, Marvin or Zach, no, he didn’t know much about Marvin, Tiger had… issues, and Zach wasn’t exactly one for play. Peanut could no longer think of many others he knew who would be willing to play with him. He was quickly exhausted by his sprinting, he wasn’t exactly known for his stamina, unless he was playing, he slowed down to a weak jog, passing slowly by the Lindberg house.
As Peanut began turning the bend in the road, he heard a sharp ‘THUD’ followed instantly with an audible ‘YIP.’ Peanut’s head turned around quickly, noticing the noise came from behind the house. He turned his body towards the back gate, walking slowly through the front yard, he didn’t know if he should approach slow and cautious, or run to see what happened, Peanut chose somewhere in between. He proceeded with a light jog toward the gate, flipping the latch up and turning the corner cautiously to see into the yard. There was Fox, holding his foot, with a twenty pound weight laying a few feet away.
“Fox? What happened?” Peanut said, not quite sure how to react “Are you okay do you-”
“Yeah I’m fine.” Fox stated abruptly, inhaling deeply “I just dropped the weight on my foot” “Would you like help? If you like I could get you an ice pack or something.”
“Actually” Fox replied, this time a little calmer “That would be nice, I think my dad keeps one in the freezer.”
Peanut walked towards the door to Fox’s house and slid the door open. As he entered he noticed a lot of sparkly things, trophies. Fox must have gotten these at the police academy Peanut thought It’s been a while since I’ve been in here. He hurried towards the kitchen, opened the freezer, and grabbed the blue pack, it was cold, and slick. As Peanut walked towards the door, the pack slipped through his fingers, sending it flying through the the living room. Peanut launched himself forward in a vain attempt to catch the ice pack, catching his foot on the edge of a rug, sending him flying and hitting his head on the couch. Peanut sat up Great, now I’M the one who needs an ice pack, he thought rubbing his head. He grabbed the pack, got up and marched through the glass doors with an irked look on his face. As he stepped onto the porch, he saw Fox breathing heavily. Worried, Peanut walked hurriedly over the the other dog.
“Are you okay!”
“I haven’t laughed that hard in a while, Peanut!” Fox chuckled
“H… How did you-”
“GLASS doors Peanut, I can see the whole living room from here, and I must say, you put on quite the show” Fox complimented, wiping a tear out of his eye.
“Erm, yeah… sorry” he stuttered, with his face turning a little red
“No need to apologize, you didn’t break anything, could I have the ice pack though?”
“Oh, yeah of course, here you are” Peanut handed it to him, ears perking up

Not sure if I'll be continuing this, it felt awkward writing using other characters, but it was somewhat fun! If some interest (even just a little) is shown, I might pick it back up later.
Allons-y
Zesortinge

Re: First Part of an Attempted Fanfic

Post by Zesortinge »

Here is a little interest.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

i'm interested.... i'm new btw... and shipped peanut and officer ralph... lol ;)
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Fox and Peanut are one of my favorite characters of this series too, so I'd like to see this move forward.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Huh. Interesting start. And yeah, I wondered how they'd interact these days.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

hey... are you going to continue this story?? i'm still waiting for your update like crazy... :(
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Calm down :D It's only been 2 days :P
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

AldyBilly wrote:hey... are you going to continue this story?? i'm still waiting for your update like crazy... :(
I'm going to try and work on it over the weekend, I've had a busy week. Thanks for the interest, though ;)
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fanatics are usually a lot of fun. Set your own pace.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

update?? :( :( :( :(
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Calm down, man, sometimes it can take a bit of time.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

sorry about that..... :(
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

He watched as Fox rubbed his foot with the ice pack. It didn’t look too bad, but the ice pack should probably stay on for a little while, Peanut thought as he judged the foot. It wasn’t too bad, but he shouldn’t be running around anytime soon. Both Peanut and Fox sat there, in silence. The only noise being the sound of plastic rustling as Fox shifted his foot. Peanut lifted himself up off the ground.
“If you’re foot’s feeling any better I’m gonna go” Peanut stated somewhat awkwardly
“Well, okay, go ahead”
“Bye, Fox, I’ll see you around”
“O-okay, bye”
Peanut began to walk towards the gate. Upon reaching it he was stopped by a tap on his shoulder, it was Fox again.
“Erm, can I help you, Fox?”
“Uh, yeah, I was wondering... if you would like to hang out sometime?”
“Really? Sure! How about tomorrow?” Peanut suggested, tail wagging
“That works, see you around.”
“Bye!”
Peanut snapped the gate closed, and strode across the yard. As he turned the corner he gave himself a facepalm. Tomorrow? Weren’t they hanging out just a little bit ago? Couldn’t they have set it up later that day? At least I have some plans for tomorrow

Fox watched as Peanut closed the gate behind him with a “snap” before sitting down on his bench. He felt nervous, Peanut and him hadn’t exactly been known for being close, he may or may not have been less than savory to Peanut in the past, generally when he was friends with Bino. However, he had pretty much turned over a new leaf when he excommunicated Bino and became closer to King. But the real question was what did Peanut like to do? He knew that Peanut liked to read, but that wouldn’t be good because 1. Peanut had an almost magical reading speed, and 2. Reading isn’t the funnest play-date activity. So what did he like to do? They could do regular dog things, like fight over a squeaky bone or catch a frisbee, but physical exertion isn’t exactly everyone’s idea of fun, Man I really DON’T know what Peanut likes to do. I guess I’ll just figure it out as it comes Fox thought. He walked over to the large oak tree that sat in his backyard and sat down. He was thinking of things to do the next day when he nodded off to sleep, dreaming of squeaky carrots, dog kibble and others doggy things.

So here’s a short update, not sure I like how it’s turning out, but that’s my own fault. I’m most likely not going to update for a real long while, even longer than this has taken, because I’m busy with other things and have issues coming up with, remembering and organizing my ideas for writing. Sorry it’s so short! :(
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

There are sudden moments when we realize how little we know of certain acquaintances. This is one such moment.

Well, other things will end up prioritizing your time, make sure you do the important stuff first. And if you turn out to not be thrilled with the direction your story is taking, maybe make a few changes. Complete restart if absolutely needed. Up to you in the end.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

OH GOD..... THIS IS ALL MY FAULT......... I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY..... :(
ps.... for a short update it's interesting story...... i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorryi'm sorryi'm sorryi'm sorry
pss.... i'm so sorry i won't bug you anymore please take your timeeee......
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

AldyBilly wrote:OH GOD..... THIS IS ALL MY FAULT......... I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY I"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRYI"M SORRY I"M SORRY I'm SORRY..... :(
ps.... for a short update it's interesting story...... i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorryi'm sorryi'm sorryi'm sorry
pss.... i'm so sorry i won't bug you anymore please take your timeeee......
Calm down kiddo, I just haven't had much time but wanted to do something, even though it ended up being a short snippet. I'm going to see what I can work on, my spring break just started, so I might be able to put more time into it.
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Patience is more than a virtue, dears.... It's a survival skill. Be not dismayed. Wait on the muse.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I’m not going to continue this story. I don’t like how it is turning out, so I’m not going to be writing it anymore. I don’t know why I’m writing this exactly, not like anyone will notice, but the story needs to die, and just abandoning it seems wrong, like I need to be the one lowering it into the grave. Anyway, I don’t like how it is turning out, I didn’t write it with any outline or plan for direction, and so I created a monstrosity (In my own eyes) that had no direction to go in and continually got stuck in random spots. So I’m ending it, Goodbye pathetic attempt at a fanfic! *waves wildly*
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge when something isn't working. If you wish to end this now, so be it. Take this as a learning experience. Writing, like many other skills, takes time and often several attempts to get right.

May your next endeavor be closer to your goal. And if it's not, well, remember that sometimes the accomplishment is simply moving forward from where you were yesterday.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, it was cute while it lasted.
But, yeah, don't worry about it. I've got one fic with an outline that got stuck :P Best to cut your losses instead of sinking energy into something that's going nowhere.
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

awww..... i thought you're going to continue the story.. oh well at least i have some inspiration from this fic thank you TheSilverFox51