HousepetZ!: Babylon Saga

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SuperStar

Re: HousepetZ!: Babylon Saga

Post by SuperStar »

Oh man it's been so long. I plan to finish this by the story's 1st anniversary, so have this new chapter as a sort of assurance.

CHAPTER 19
Grape tried the doorknob, and found it unlocked. She slowly opened the door and entered, Peanut following just behind her. Grape gasped upon the sight. The front room was a mess.

“Oh no…” Peanut said quietly. Chairs were thrown over, the wallpaper ripped up, floor broken, anything that could be ruined was. Grape quickly started searching the other rooms. They were in the same shape.

“Res! Res!?” She called as she searched through the room, overturning fallen furniture. Peanut dragged behind her, just sort of watching. After a couple of minutes of frantic searching, she found nothing. Grape stopped where she stood, and clenched her fists. “I shouldn’t of left…” Peanut heard her say quietly. There was no noises in the room, it was so quiet that Peanut could hear the sound of her tears hitting the floor. Peanut held his paw out to touch her shoulder, but stopped and thought it over. It didn’t matter, she needed comfort at this moment. He placed his paw on her shoulder. He felt her tense for a moment, but then untense.

“Grape… my family was also taken by Bino’s group…” He said quietly. Grape turned to him with tears in her eyes.

“I never should’ve let Res be in danger…!” She said as cried into Peanut’s shoulder. Peanut was initially shocked by this development, but knew he had to comfort her. Using his other paw he patted her on the back.

“It’s okay…” He said quietly. “Together, we’ll fight Bino, and we’ll find Res…” He said with a mixture of confidence and reverie. Grape wiped her tears, and looked up at Peanut.

“*sniffle* Right, we’ll do this, together.” Then all the sudden a noise came from inside a wall. It sounded like a gasp cut short, and then someone bumping into something. Grape’s mood took a complete 180, her face shifted into a snarl and she dashed at the wall.

“RES!!!” She shouted as she hit against the wall. A part of the wall slid open and Res tumbled out. Peanut was taken aback with shock.

“How long were you there?” Grape demanded.

“Uh, not to long!” Res said quickly. “Don’t worry, I didn’t hear you talking about an uprising against Bino, and I definitely didn’t see you getting mushy with that dog!” Res was not convincing in his assurance. Peanut blushed, and Grape snarled.

“We were not getting mushy!” She said about to hit Res in anger, but paused with her fist in the air. “Heh… I can’t stay made at you…” Grape kneeled down and pulled Res up to his feet. “I’m glad you’re safe…” She said giving him a hug.

“It’s good to see you too, sis…” Res said returning the hug.

“So… What is that?” Peanut asked pointing to the compartment in the wall.

“Res always panicked about everything, so Ms. Au-Erh, Mom, installed some panic rooms for him. It always seemed so ridiculous, I forgot about it… But I guess it saved him in the end…” Grape said, with a slight laugh to the last part. But then her face dropped. “I’m sorry Res, but we need to get serious now.” She said quietly. “What happened here exactly?” Res itched at his arm in thought.

“Well…”

Keene walked down the halls of his mansion. A ferret owning a mansion? Not always. Of course it use to belong to his owner, but Mr. Milton passed away sometime ago, and left his estate and much more to his beloved pet ferrets. Keene was the oldest of them, and took over as the head of the estate.

“Keene!” A high voice approached. It was a white and tan ferret, Lana. She carried with her what appeared to be some important papers. “We just got news back from the squad you sent to the Auburn residence.” Keene nodded, signifying her to continue. “They didn’t find, eh, Periwinkle there, but they of course found her owner. She’s currently in containment. What should we do?” She asked as she handed him a piece of paper. He wrote down his signature.

“Bonk her in the head and send her to Australia, it worked with all the others.” He said. Lana nodded. “Wait, Lana, before you leave. I’ve been looking for Rock, but I can’t find him. Where is he?”

“Oh, Rock?” Lana put her finger on her chin. “I think… I dunno. You should ask Pit, he keeps track of everything.”

“Hellooooo! Guards of the 3rd sector, this is W-Pit speaking, and you’re all gonna get fired if you can’t find that cat, so GET ON IT!” Pit sat in a dark room at a computer, surrounded entirely by monitors. On the monitors’ display was the view of cameras all around Babylon. Of course, he couldn’t get cameras everywhere, but just about. A small door in the back opened and Keene walked in.

“For Pete's sake, the light imbalance in here is frightening.” Keene said with a wince. It was to dark for shades, but the monitors’ light was almost blinding. Pit turned around in his swivel chair and waved.

“Hey! Keene-bro-man!” He said with a cheer. “How’s it been? Your the first person I’ve seen in the last couple months, it be nice to hear abo-”

“I’m gonna keep this short Pit.” Keene cut him off. Pit pouted slightly in disappointment. “I’m looking for Rock.” Pit nodded, and turned back to his computer. He scanned through the cameras.

“He doesn’t seem to be popping up in any of the Babylon cams.” Pit said in thought as he searched further. “He may be in the forest, but most of our cameras have been damaged by ‘natural causes’.” Pit said with air-quotes. “By that I of course mean the ‘Anymals’, as they have started calling themselves.” Keene groaned.

“Where could he have gone.” He grumbled.

“Well, I hate to sound like an idiot asking this, but where did you last see him?” Pit asked. Keene furrowed his brow.

“It was actually a bit ago. I assigned him to keep an eye on one of Bino’s thugs.” He said after a bit of thought. Pit popped his fingers.

“Great, which dog?” He asked, ready to search.

“It was that yellow-ish brown one… Tiger was it?” Pit started his search.

“Huh… interesting.” Pit said upon reading the info from the cam-log.

“What is it?” Keene asked.

“It appears both Tiger and Rock disappeared from the cams about a week ago.” Pit revealed. Keene snapped his finger.

“That dog! Something must have happened, and whatever it was, it’s what’s behind both of their disappearance.” Keene said slamming his fist into his other paw out of realization. He took out a phone and called up Lana. “Lana get over to here too Pit’s station, I need to talk to you about something!” He hung up without waiting for an answer. “I gotta call Bino over! I’m gonna find out what’s happen-”

*knock knock*

It came from the door behind them, the only entrance into the room. Pit quickly checked the camera placed on the other side of the door. “It’s Duke. He’s got a jar of something.” Pit held down a button and shouted into a mic. “Duke, go away! We don’t have time for this!” Keene grabbed Pit’s shoulder.

“No Pit,” He said sternly. He took the mic. “Duke, don’t worry, I’ll be right there.” Pit looked at Keene in confusion.

“But I thought you wanted-”

“Shut up Pit!” Keene pushed Pit out of his chair in anger.

“Dude, I’m sorry!” Pit said holding his paws up. “It’s just Duke, no need to-”

Duke cocked his head, looking at the door, waiting for it to open. After not long the door opened and Keene walked out. He closed the door behind him and lifted his shades up.

“What is it Duke?” He asked nicely. Duke held up a jar that was almost half his size.

“I can’t open this jam, I think the lid is stuck!’ Duke explained.

“Well let's have a try at it…” Keene took the jar, and tried opening it. “Rrrgh!” He groaned quietly as he tried to turn it. “Heh, that is pretty tight.” Keene took one paw off the jar. He clenched it, and a small light appeared in his palm. He placed the paw again on the lid and it easily loosened. “There you go.” Keene said with a soft smile as he handed the jar back to Duke.

“Wow, thanks Keene!” Duke said with glee. He carefully put the jar down, and glomped Keene. Keene laughed a little and softly pushed him off.

“You’re welcome Duke, now find Jeeves so he can make you a sandwich.” Keene said softly. Duke nodded and ran off with the jar. Keene watched him leave the hall way, and then slid down his shades over his eyes. As he heard Duke’s pawsteps disappear, he heard a new pair, he turned around and Lana rushed over.

“Keene!” She said upon arriving. “What is it?” She asked after catching her breath. “What’s so important?”

“I need you to get all our files on… eh, I forget the residence. I just need information on a dog named Tiger.” Keene explained as he started to leave.

“Hey, this is all sort of quick!” Lana said, annoyed. Keene just shrugged.

“I asked something of you, get on it.” Keene replied. It sounded non-threatening, yet authorative. Lana turned, and was about to open the door to Pit’s room.

“You may not want to go in there.” Keene said as he left.

“What do you mean by that?” Lana asked as she opened the door. She froze in horror. “My gawsh.... What did you do to him!?”

“So… The dogs have Max?”

“Yeah, that’s what Res heard them say.”

“Well then, it’s time to counter-attack.”
---

Wew... been awhile...
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Nice update, Im exited for the next part since things are getting much more suspenseful.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Great to see a new chapter! Really like ur work with the story, hope to read more soon =)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Nice to see Keene's family side even if it is mostly reserved for one particular family member. There's a lot of stuff happening, and I'm interested to see how it all pulls together :D
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Thanks everyone! :)

Next chapter goes up this Friday, like they use to!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry it's late, my internet has been really buggy for the last couple of days. Here's the chapter.
---
CHAPTER 20
“Did you hear what happened at the Milton Mansion?” Boris asked Rex as they sat down for a drink of (pet safe!)coffee in the clubhouse.

“No, what?” Rex asked.

“Sounds like someone angered Keene, and got messed up really bad.” Boris explained.

“No way! I knew Keene was dangerous, but I didn’t think that he’d actually unleash it on someone!” Rex said in shock.

“That’s not the most surprising part. Sounds like it was one of his brothers that he messed up.” Boris said quietly.

“My gosh…” Rex took a quiet sip of his coffee. “That Keene… He’s really doesn’t seem animal anymore…”

“Yeah, he keeps sounding more and more like a monster.” Boris agreed. It was silent for awhile, and they just drank their coffee. Then there was a slight rumble. “Did you hear that?” Then the lights went out.

*BOOOOM*

The wall blew apart with a yellow light. The blast sent Rex and Boris flying off of their seats. As the got up they saw Sabrina walk in, eyes glowing yellow.

“A cat?” Boris questioned. He chuckled. “You’re going down!”

“Boris, wait!” Rex warned. Boris was already running at Sabrina. Sabrina turned to him and held up a paw. All the sudden giant ankh symbols appeared around Boris, as if targeting him.

“What the-”

“Ankh’s Judgement!”

Energy shot between the ankhs, catching Boris in the center.

“GYAAAAAH!!!” He screamed as he was electrocuted by the energy. Sabrina threw her paw to the side, and the attack ended. Boris fell to the ground, his fur smoking. Rex popped his knuckles.

“Guess it’s my turn to finally fight.” He took out a fatewatch. “Clock up!” He said as he activated it and threw it into the air. He started glowing a deep crimson. Sabrina’s eyes narrowed on him. “Dyah!” They dashed at each other. “Hi-mach-doi!” Rex shouted as he readied a burning punch.

“Nile’s Rope!”

Just as Rex was about the launch the punch a line of purple energy wrapped around his wrist, pulling the punch off-center, giving Sabrina an opening. She landed a quick jab into his gut hitting him away with all the force pent up during the dash. She turned, and saw Grape had arrived, with a Nile’s Rope retracted into her paw.

“You find Max, I’ll take care of Rex!” Grape shouted. Sabrina nodded and slunk into the shadows. Rex got out of the rubble, and rubbed his head. He turned to find Grape had taken Sabrina’s place.

“The Princess? What a surprise.” Rex observed, slightly amused. Grape spat in disgust.

“I am not “The Princess”, nor can you call me Periwinkle.” She growled. Before Rex realized it, Grape was right infront of him. “My name is GRAPE!” She shouted as she fired a point blank Bastetriu into him, launching him skyward.

As Grape and Rex’s battle continued outside, Sabrina tore through walls, searching. Eventually she found a locked door, but she just blew it open. There was a set of stairs leading underground beyond the door. Sabrina slowly descended the flight.

“I can’t do it Bino!” Fox shouted. Bino smacked him across the face.

“Listen, if you don’t get this done I kill both of you.” He snarled. “Keene called me to the mansion, but when I get back I expect to find you have finished your job.” Bino said shoving a yellow fate-watch into Fox’s paw. Bino walked away, but then turned back. “You will find her location.” He ordered. He then took out his green watch, and with a click he was gone from the room.

“*sigh…*” Fox slumped down against the wall. He looked over to the other side of the room, where a still unconscious Max was tied to a chair. He looked at the watch Bino had given him, and remembered the events that lead up to this point. Joey crashed in with Max, King said some weird junk, and then next thing he knew all went black and he felt like his entire body was gonna burn up. After that, he woke up here, in some underground bunker, and was informed that it was his job to read Max’s mind and acquire some supposedly important information.

“What a mess.” He growled at the watch and threw it against the wall. At the same time the place shook a bit, and he heard an explosion from above. “Whoops.” He said to himself. He looked around, the bunker was full of junk and what appeared to be scrapped car parts. He picked up a long metal pipe, and walked slowly to the side of the stairs leading upwards. He positioned himself so that whoever coming down wouldn’t see him, and he prepared for whatever was to come. After a couple more shakes and booms he heard what sounded like the door being torn open, and then someone walking down the stairs. He prepared to hit the first thing he saw. Just as Sabrina appeared, he swung the pipe down, but it was caught.

“What the?!” He gasped. Sabrina gripped the pipe and it started getting hot. “Gyeah!” he yelled as he dropped it. He backed away. “Who are you?!” He asked. But Sabrina just looked around the room, and upon seeing Max, ran over. As she approached him, her yellow markings and aura disappeared and her eyes turned to normal.

“Max, Max!” She urged him to awake as she untied him. He slumped over against her, vaguely awake.

“Sabby… is that you…? You smell nice…” He said dozing off again. Fox approached them.

“You-”

Sabrina turned to him.

“Uh, you’re here to save him?” Fox asked.

“Yes.” Sabrina replied simply. Fox sighed a breath of relief.

“Thank goodness… I’m not with Bino, I’m practically a prisoner here.” Fox said. “They wanted me to pry into his mind, or something like that.” Fox explained. This drew Sabrina’s attention.

“Pry into his mind?” She asked. Fox nodded. “So then they awoke you?” She asked.

“I’m not sure I know what that means.” He said slowly. “But I did feel the worst thing I’ve ever felt in my life.” He grumbled. Sabrina looked in the corner of the room, and saw the watch. She pointed to it. “If you want to get out of here alive, you’re gonna want that.” Fox picked it back up. “We barely have anytime, so we got to-”

*BOOOOOOOOOOM!*

A part of the ceiling collapsed and Grape fell into the floor. She struggled up, and spat some blood at the floor. She cracked a smile. “He’s stronger than he looks. And that’s saying something regarding his appearance.” She joked.

“Dog, please take Max for a moment.” Sabrina said as she slowly slid Max off of her. Fox grabbed him and eased him against the wall. Sabrina’s markings started glowing again. “I need to help with something.”

*Booom*

Another part of the ceiling collapsed as Rex came down, with a dark red aura. Sabrina looked to Grape. “Ready?” She asked. Grape nodded.

“Yeah.” She held out her left paw, which Sabrina gripped with her right paw. The two held their other paw towards Rex.

“Cait…” Sabrina said quietly.

“Sith…” Grape followed.

“Naoi!” The shouted at the same time. A blast of purple energy launched from Grape’s paw, as did a yellow one from Sabrina’s. They looped around nine times as they sped towards Rex before finally combining into a giant energy ball just as it hit into Rex.

*KEEEERBOOOOM!*

The dust and smoke cleared, and a giant hole was left in the wall. Rex collapsed to the ground, clenching his fate-watch. He struggled with his hand as he moved it into his sight, to stressed and injured to move his head.

*crack*

A small fracture appeared in the watch, which then spread through it’s whole. Rex smiled.

“Finally… I’m free.” Rex slowly started dematerializing. Fox watched on in a mix of surprise and horror, but Grape and Sabrina seemed unfazed. They turned back to Max, who was waking up.

“Ugh…” He said as he rubbed his head. He looked around. “Oh great.” He said. “What happened? Last I knew I was in the forest.” Sabrina laughed a little.

“I’m sorry Max, but we couldn’t let them take you. We, eh, stormed the clubhouse.” Sabrina explained. Max sighed.

“Well then, I guess there’s only one thing left we can do… It’s time to pay a visit to the Milton Mansion.”
---
Well, there it is. Lemme know what you all think.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Great update SuperStar!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry this is late, got busy with something else.
---
CHAPTER 21
“We’ll be taking the fight to the Miltons. Do you wish to join us?” Grape asked Peanut. Peanut twiddled his fingers.

“I dunno, I do want this all to end, but I’m no fighter, I wouldn’t be able to help.” He said quietly. Grape put her paw on Peanut’s shoulder.

“I’ll be sure to look for your parents.” She said, looking straight at him, their gazes meeting. Grape saw Peanut’s eyes change from weak to serious.

“Never mind, I’ll be going too.” Peanut said, the thought finally coming to him. He needed to be the one to save his parents.

They took two days to prepare, train, and heal. At night, they were ready.

The Miltons’ Manor was on the top of a hill, just outside of Babylon Gardens. Peanut looked around him, he never realized how many of them there were, but in view of what was essentially a stronghold, they seemed so small. There was six of them including him, but he couldn’t be counted on to fight.

Grape was just as battle ready as any other, probably more.

Max was still recovering, but he was ready to fight.

Though Peanut hadn’t seen much of Sabrina, she seemed to be a meek person. But ever since she went to rescue Max she seemed way more intimidating.

Fox was also there, he didn’t have much fighting experience, but he sure enough wanted to help end the struggle in the neighborhood.

Tarot was also there, but Peanut didn’t even notice until Sabrina mentioned that it was her powers that kept the Miltons from noticing them.

“On my mark, we storm in.” Max said. Grape held out her paw in front of her.

“Weapon Arts: Basset’s Staff.” She whispered to herself as he energy staff materialized. Grape had taught Fox the skill, and he followed suit.

“Weapon Arts: Shangrila.” His staff was similar, but more like a bo-staff, and was a pale yellow in color.

“Engage… Ankh.” Sabrina resumed into her energized form, her eyes going blank and egyptian markings appearing over her fur.

“3…” Max started the countdown.

“Peanut,” Grape whispered over.

“What?” Peanut asked.

“2…”

“Stay close behind me.” She said. Peanut nodded.

“Right.” Peanut affirmed.

“1…” Peanut closed his eyes and prepared.

“HUNT!!!”

All at once the 5 of them dashed, with Tarot staying behind. She lifted herself into the air, and held both paws towards the mansion.

“Trump Valet!” Tarot shouted as she launched a shockwave towards the mansion.

The whole mansion started to shake and Keene down onto his rear. “What the heck was that?!” He rushed to his feet, and dialed up Simon. “Simon what happened?!” He ordered.

“I dunno,” Simon answered from the other side. “I’m not used to this monitoring thing, I can’t keep track of everything!” Simon said in his defense. “What happened to Pit, why can’t he do this like normal?”

“It’s not important what happened to Pit, just keep your eyes on those monit-”

*KUUUUUUURASSSSHHHHH!*

A wall blew open right next to Keene and a green shockwave whizzed by. He threw down his phone. “Darn it!” He screamed. He clicked a button on the side of his collar, and the whole mansion went into red alert. Lights went out, the halls were filled with red lights and siren noises, and all the doors closed. But these doors weren’t worth anything.

Elsewhere in the mansion Grape broke through a wall, with Peanut close behind her.

”Peanut, this is me Tarot, take your left and you’ll find the monitor chamber, in there you should find files on all those who were abducted.

Peanut nodded to himself. “Hey Grape, I’m gonna split off now, Tarot sent me the location of some files.”

“Okay,” Grape said as she scanned their surroundings. “Don’t die, and good luck.”

“Right.” Peanut said with a nod. They took a moment and looked at each other. Peanut forced himself away, and ran down the hall. That may be the last time I see her...}

Grape watched him run down, but footsteps behind her caught her attention. She turned around and found a large wolf wearing a hat. “What the?”

“Fox, what are you doing?” Fox asked himself right as he was a split second away from the wall of the manor.

*BOOOSH*

He broke through with almost no problem. He felt himself. “Huh… no damage. I mean, aside from the wall.” he said looking behind him. He swirled around his bo-staff to get the feel of it. “Oh great, I never asked exactly what I was suppose to do once I got in.”

“Perhaps I could help you with that.” A voice said. He jerked around and found himself face to face with a scrawny wolf. Fox freaked a little.

“You sure you want to do this? I’m prepared to… to fight!” Fox said while stumbling over himself. He jerked his bo-staff up in defense and backed up a little. The wolf held his hand up.

“Wow, we got a bad-dog over here.” Upon backing up, Fox realized something about the wolf. He was missing an arm. At the shoulder of his right arm, he had an odd shoulder pad. It was covered in runs, and as evidenced by burns and scars around the area, it seemed to have been welded onto his body. Fox gulped, and clenched his staff, only to find it was gone.

“What!?” He freaked as he looked down and found that he was holding nothing.

“Looking for this, kid?” The wolf was holding his staff. With his RIGHT arm. From the odd-shoulder pad, and energy arm had sprouted, and was clenching the staff. “Want it BACK!?” The wolf shouted as he swung the staff towards Fox, hitting him into the wall.

“Weapon Arts: Disengage!” Fox shouted, trying to dissolve the weapon.

“Won’t work kid!” The wolf said. “I’m Discount Jack, this talismen on my arm allows me to steal anything from anyone, even their own energy!” Fox gulped again.

“...Ah howl.”

“Yeaaaah!” Grape nimbly dodged as dozens of energy arrows whizzed by. Her opponent was a the hatted wolf, and he carried with him an odd rune covered bow, which was the source of these arrows. Grape backflipped out of the way, and using her Basset Staff deflected some of them back at the wolf. The wolf quickly removed his hat.

“Not so fast!” He said as he caught the arrows in his hat, and they reappeared in his bow. “Allow me to introduce myself m’am, I am Daryl the Sniper. My blessed bow of the goddess Artemis allows me to take in any energy and use them as arrows.” The wolf explained.

“Yeah, well then use this! Bastetriu!” Grape fired a barrage of energy at him.

Keene was escorted into a steel room by two large wolves. There was a vault. Keene started inputting a code: Civilization4Ferretz. The vault door shifted, and moved over. The two wolves looked at each other.

“Miles, Rodney, guard the door, make sure no one gets in.” Keene ordered. The wolves nodded, and left his side. Keene walked into the vault. There was a pedestal with a glowing yellow ball on top. Keene carefully picked it up. “The last of the core-mana…” Keene said to himself. He carefully pocketed it into his collar. All the sudden there was another great quake, and Rodney and Miles were hit into the room. “What happened?!” He ordered. Someone stepped into the vault.

“Well what great timing, it looks like the cats had the same plan as me.” Bino said with a smug smile. Keene clenched his tiny fists.

“What do you think you’re doing Bino!?” He ordered. “The Gryphon will punish you for this insolence!” Bino shrugged.

“Well, there was a time I would listen to you, that was two days ago. But I think we both know what happened that day.” Bino walked into the light, revealing a large green scar on one side of his face. He slowly moved one claw down the scar, as if in pride. “You found out about the little mission I sent a tiger on, so you punished me. But you actually freed me. Look at this. Look at this scar. All you could do to me was give me something beautiful.” Bino said with pride. “So now, I’ve decided that it’s time to throw out the old, and bring in the new.” He held up one paw, and started charging an energy blast.
---
Lemme know what you all think! x3
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Wow! The action's pretty intense. Glad you're still on this. It's certainly an exciting read :D
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Plot intensifies, great work again, looks like things are starting to warp up to close the end, and enter the wolves! I really hope none had to fight Uncle Deadeye... >.>
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

The suspense is killing me :D
But anyway, nice update!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

On schedule!
---
CHAPTER 22
“Kyayayyayar!” Bino threw a blast at Keene, grabbed him, slid his face across the wall, and then threw him into the wall. Keene stumbled as his got back on his feet, and took off his broken shades.

“You are gonna regret that, MUTT!” Keene threw away his shades, and whipped out his fate-watch; dark brown with a red rim. “Clock up!” He shouted as he activated it. He was surrounded by a deep crimson aura. He held one arm out of the side. “Art of the Bladed Weasel!” His aura streamed unto his arm, and solidified into a giant mass of blades, 12 in total.

“So you have a lot of knives, good luck cutting me.” Bino said with a smirk.

“Dyuuuuuuuuuk!” Keene dashed by him before he realized it. He felt a sharp pain spread through his entire side. He stumbled over, and felt his side. Wet. He looked at Keene, and then slumped over.

“You… monster…” Those were Bino’s last words.

Peanut rushed through hallways, hearing explosions and crashes every other direction.

”Oh man, I hope they’re all alright!” He thought to himself.

”No need to worry Peanut, take a turn here, the first door is the one.” Tarot told him over telepathy. Peanut took the turn, just as Bino was hit by, but neither took notice. Peanut slid to a stop near the door, and immediately rushed it open. Inside he found Simon operating the coms clunkily.

“This does this…? No! Wait, how bout… this?” Simon asked himself as he messed with the commands. “Darn it, it’d be so much easier if half the cams weren’t broken!” Just then he felt Peanut grab him and pull him up.

“Listen! Tell me where my family and the other hostages are!” Peanut growled into his face. Simon lost his composure.

“Hehehehe, dude, chill, please, let’s just work this out an-” Peanut threw him into a wall.

“You took too long,” He grumbled as he started messing with the monitors. He was able to get the cameras scrolling, and one caught his attention. “No… Grape needs help.” Peanut saw Grape’s battle with Daryl from a different angle. A third fighter was about to get her from behind. Peanut quickly messed with the computer, and found the camera location on the layout of the mansion. With the area jotted down in his mind, he took off, completely forgetting about Simon.

Keene kicked Bino’s body out of the way, and took the core-mana out of his collar. “Luckily I was able to end this without needing the mana.” He heard the continuous rumbles and explosions filling his house. Then he heard a closer noise. He turned around and found Rock there.

“Brother.” He said with a bow. Keene smiled.

“Rock! You’re alive!” Keene embraced his returned brother. “What happened.” He asked.

“To put it simply, we got to get out of Babylon Gardens. Now.” He said bluntly.

“What are you talking about?” Keene asked. Rock spied Bino’s body to the side of the room. He gulped.

“I’ll explain as we walk.” Rock said leading him out of the room. “Remember one of Bino’s goons , Tiger? The really messed up one? Well, Bino had a pretty ridiculous plan going, and I followed Tiger to a small African Micronation called Feraga. I wasn’t able to stop him, and he stole from Feraga’s military a supply of warheads.” They cleared one hallway just as the backside of it blew up. “I’m not really sure what his whole plan was, but Tiger is bringing them here. But now Bino is dead, and he was the only person controlling that maddog, keeping him from going completely wild. Now tell me, what do you think such a crazy dog would do with four-plus military warheads?” Rock asked. Keene understood what was happening. He took a turn. “Where are you going?” Rock asked.

“I need to find Lana and Duke, then we’ll all get out of here!” Keene said breaking off into a run.

“There isn’t time for that!” Rock yelled after, but he didn’t listen. Rock tsked and looked around. “Well, I’m exiting stage-left.”

“What are we looking for Max?” Sabrina asked. Max threw over some rubble in his search.

“Core-mana. Keene’s a prophet for the Griffon, so he has to have some somewhere. Tarot keeps her Dragon core-mana in her collar, but Keene’s smarter than that.” Max and Sabrina continued their search, walking through blown down walls. Eventually, they entered the vault room.

“Oh my gawsh…!” Sabrina said in shock. Max kicked it to make sure it was so. He nodded his head.

“Bino’s dead… I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly jealous of whoever did this.” Max dropped down and turned Bino’s body over.

“What are you doing?” Sabrina gasped.

“Checking the cause of death.” Max explained upon standing up. “Those marks look like they came from an energy blade. I’d say this would be Keene’s handywork.”

“Keene? I thought they were working together.” Sabrina asked. Max looked around.

“Well now that I think about it, I do see some dogs fighting their security. Guess they had a falling out.” Max laughed a little, almost seeming not at all concerned. He looked then looked around the vault. “I’d say this is where he’d keep the mana if anywhere, but it looks like it’s already been taken.” The two of their ears perked up upon hearing a noise. “What is that?”

“Sounds like… screaming…” Sabrina said with a shudder.

Grape jumped from side to side in the room, scrambling away from a barrage of arrows. Note; do not fire a kamehameha at a guy who can convert it into his own attacks. After the arrows ran out Grape took a quick moment to breath.

“It’s simple.” She thought to herself. “I just gotta not use any energy attacks. Rely on the physical, that’ll do it!” She dashed at Daryl, taking him off-guard, and launched a punch right to his face. It was her bad arm however. She felt the pain shot through it right before it landed, and slowing down in shock, this gave Daryl the time he needed. He low kicked her into the other side of the room. Grape slowly picked herself up, but there was someone behind her.

(Recommended Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ZGqB8I_8w )

“Grape, get out of there!” She heard Peanut’s voice, and saw him enter from a door to the side. She turned around and found a massive ruffed up wolf, missing one eye. Within a second the wolf had grabbed her entire face with one paw and lifted her up.

“GRAAAAAAPE!” Peanut shouted just as the wolf’s hands lit-up with energy.

“Aaaaahyaaaaaahhhhhuuhhhyaaaaaaaaaahgiayaaaaha!” Grape’s screams were bloodcurdling. Peanut could see smoke rising. After what felt like hours, the wolf dropped Grape’s limp body to the ground. Daryl looked disturbed.

“Deadeye… did you really just… really…? Oh man…” Daryl dropped his bow. Peanut clenched his fists as his tears hit the floor.

“WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?!” Peanut shouted as he punched Deadeye in the gut. It did nothing however. “You think you have a right to just come here and take a life?! DO YOU!?” Peanut banged against Deadeye’s gut continuously, but to no result. Deadeye signaled to Daryl, and left. Peanut fell over Grape’s body, shuddering trying to keep himself from crying. As Daryl left, red energy started pulsating from Peanut.

Sabrina and Max held a moment of silence over the screaming they had heard. There was no denying it, they could recognize the voice. Sabrina wiped her eyes, and Max wring his paws, trying to keep his calm. Finally he broke the silence.

“I got to find Keene. You can stay here if you wish.” Max was about to leave when a sword whizzed at him. He somersaulted out of the way, and like a boomerang the sword returned to it’s owner. King caught the sword, and popped his tired neck.

“So, you must Max.” He grumbled. “Let’s get this over with.” Sabrina looked at Max with deep concern. She put both of her paws on his shoulders.

“Sabby, what are you doing?” Yellow energy started flowing from her arms into Max. “Stop, that’s-”

“You need all the power you can get.” Sabrina stopped him. When the transfer was complete she slumped against a wall, exhausted. Max turned to face King.

“Well, let’s do this!” He charged up, his aura being dark blue with yellow energy making a golden lining. “Art of the Wild God, SETH!” He threw his arms to the side as golden markings spread around his body, and his eyes went completely blue. He entered a very wild fighting pose. “Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaah!!!” With incredible speed he took on King.

“Hatiskoll!” King shouted as he swung his sword at his opponent.

“Storm Claws!” Max summoned a “final claw” for each hand and caught the blade, barely keeping it in place. He chuckled. “Looks like… I GOT A CHANCE!” He pushed the blade back at King. King clenched the blade and absorbed its energy form.

“King’s Decree!” He shouted as he launched a volley of black energy against Max. Max was pushed back, his aura protected him from most of it. He held both claws out horizontally.

“Storm Claws Wild Dance!” As he dashed back at King he started spinning, creating a mini energy tornado. King blocked the attack with his sword, but the two forces clashed against each other, neither being pushed away. King struggled, putting in as much power he could to push Max out, but Max’s attack was too strong. With a momentary break in reality, King was hit back through walls with noise like that of thunder. But Max’s spinning didn’t stop, he went around in every direction until finally it lost speed and stopped. He held his head as he suffered from the dizzyness. King took the chance and pounced from behind.

Tarot floated above the mansion. You could see the battles from the many torn areas of the building. But that’s not where her attention was. In front of her floated Tiger, with many missiles suspended in the air above him. He was laughing uncontrolably.

“Tiger, I can help you, just hand me the missiles.” Tarot ordered. Tiger shook his head furiously, and held up one hand, the missiles started moving. “No!” Tarot shouted.

“Nyaaahahahahha BYEBYE!” Tiger shouted as he threw the missiles downwards. Tarot tried to stop them, but there was too many.

“Griffon Order Break!”

All the sudden the missiles were stopped, and disappeared from sight. Tiger looked around in confusion. Then a giant claw hit him out of the air. Tarot trembled at the sight. She lost focus of her powers, and fell to the ground. The being lowered after her, making a ginormous shake upon touching ground. It’s power was felt all through the mansion. All throughout the mansion fighting stopped upon feeling the force. Peanut looked up from Grape, sensing the power, and clenched his paws bracing for whatever was to come. The being threw one paw forwards and the entire mansion blew to pieces, everyone flying every which way. After the dust cleared, Peanut found that he was safe, but Grape was gone.

“Grape!” He shouted, and started lifting rubble. “Where is she?!” He cried. He heard shaking, and turned to see the being. A giant blue griffon. This was THE Griffon.

“My my, what a mess.” The Griffon said with a tsk. From a lump of rubble King shot out, and landed in a bow next to the Griffon.

“My lord…” He submitted. Max hobbled over to Peanut.

“I can’t find Sabrina…” He said through gasps of pain. Peanut didn’t look at him.

“Grape is… She’s… Grape is…” Peanut couldn’t say it.

“I already knew…” Max stopped him. “But we can’t worry about that right now.” He turned attention to the Griffon. “We don’t have a chance, but we have to try.” Then Peanut snapped.

“HEY YOU!” He shouted at the Griffon.

“What is this now?” The Griffon asked turning his attention to the insignificant brown dog.

“You’re the one responsible for all of this! You’ve caused all the trouble and pain up till now, you’re responsible for many lives being lost!” Peanut shouted. The Griffon just smiled.

“Yes, quite excellent isn’t it?” The Griffon beamed with pride. To his surprise, a red aura started slowly radiating off of Peanut. Peanut pointed a trembling finger towards the celestial.

“You don’t deserve the right of life!” He shouted. He lost strength and fell to his knees, and looked at his trembling paws. “If I had the power too, I promise, I would be the one to end you! I would fix all of this!” He shouted skyward. All the sudden his aura exploded full force, sending a shockwave all over the place. Everyone was pushed back except for the Griffon. Peanut shakily stood up, feeling the power run through him.

“Interesting.” The Griffon observed. King looked on in surprise.

“Lord, that can’t be the… can it?” He asked in non-belief. The Griffon nodded his head.

“It is King.” He replied. He looked directly at Peanut. “So, you are the carrier of the Last Beast? This should make for an interesting fight. King, if you would.” The Griffon took a step back. King bowed.

“Yes my lord.” He stepped forward with his sword ready. Peanut’s eyes narrowed.

“I will beat you, and then I will finish the Griffon, and then I will end this whole game!” Peanut announced with determination. “Hyaaaaaah!” He charged up ready for battle.
---
Things are getting heated!
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

Wow. I can't wait to find out how the battle between Peanut and King goes.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Great Update Superstar!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, notice. First things first, that last update was an April Fool's update, so it's not canon. Second of all, it's been like 30 days since the last update, this is because all month I've been busy and stuff, and my home schedule has changed a lot, so I don't have much time to just sit down and type up a story. Sorry, I have no idea when the next chapter will be.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

OMG, it was an April's Fool, I totally fell for it, was really good for just a "what if", imo :P

Anyway, take all the time u need Hoshi-san, better u take as much as u need instead of rushing the things.

Hope u can settle things soon
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Ah, i noticed that the chapter was rather oddly paced, didn't even notice when this was uploaded cause I had to catch back up :lol: Sorry I'm a bit late on the response by the way.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

It's been 10000 years... And now you get a new chapter!
Remember, last update was an April Fools. Man April was forever ago...
CHAPTER 22

“Kyayayyayar!” Bino threw a blast at Keene, grabbed him, slid his face across the wall, and then threw him into the wall. Keene stumbled as his got back on his feet, and took off his broken shades.

“You are gonna regret that, MUTT!” Keene threw away his shades, and whipped out his fate-watch; dark brown with a red rim. “Clock up!” He shouted as he activated it. He was surrounded by a deep crimson aura. He held one arm out of the side. “Art of the Bladed Weasel!” His aura streamed unto his arm, and solidified into a giant mass of blades, 12 in total.

“So you have a lot of knives, good luck cutting me.” Bino said with a smirk.

“Watch it! I could easily give you one or ten more of those scars!” Keene spat. He dashed towards Bino and took a swipe at him.

“Durandel’s Shield!” Bino shouted as a green forcefield protected him from Keene’s attack, the impact of the energy blades against the shield caused both of them to slide back into walls. Keene spat onto the ground.

“Well then,” He held his bladed arm out in front of him. “Try this! Bladed War Dance!” Eleven of the blades detached from his arm, one attaching to his other arm, and the other ten orbited around him in a ring formation. He dashed at Bino, jumped into the air and lunged downwards, with the ten orbiting blades going off and their own crazy alternate path towards Bino. Bino managed to deflect a couple of them, but not all of them. After taking five hits, Keene landed on top of him, slicing him with his two armblades.

“Kyeeeeh!” Bino grunted as he was hit away through walls.

Peanut rushed through hallways, hearing explosions and crashes every other direction.

”Oh man, I hope they’re all alright!” He thought to himself.

”No need to worry Peanut, take a turn here, the first door is the one.” Tarot told him over telepathy. Peanut took the turn, just as Bino was hit by, but neither took notice. Peanut slid to a stop near the door, and immediately rushed it open. Inside he found Simon operating the coms clunkily.

“This does this…? No! Wait, how bout… this?” Simon asked himself as he messed with the commands. “Darn it, it’d be so much easier if half the cams weren’t broken!” Just then he felt Peanut grab him and pull him up.

“You!” Peanut shouted. “Where are you keeping the abductees? Where is my family!?” He questioned.

“Wowowow dude! Calm it man, I dunno! Okay? I dunno, I’m not that guy!” Simon said. “I’m not the record keeper or anything like that, Lana and Pit are, so let me be man!” Simon pleaded. Peanut loosened his grip.

“Where can I find Pit?” He asked. Simon suddenly smiled.

“Behind you!” He said with glee. Peanut turned and gasped. The ferret that was known as Pit was standing in the doorway, but he wore a black mask that covered most of his face and neck. Peanut could see missing fur patches around the edges of the mask, and immediately assumed that he was covering some severe injury.

“So you’re Pit?” Peanut asked. His only reply was a gasping like noise. Peanut was very disturbed, but he tried not to show it. “Tell me, where are my parents?” He asked. Pit lazily pulled up a switchblade, and dashed at Peanut. Without much time to think Peanut dodged to the side and Pit crashed into one of the monitors, his knife breaking into the screen. Pit reoriented himself and dashed again at Peanut. With Simon blocking his only other path, Peanut crossed his arms infront of his head and braced for it. However his wait was answered by a explosion. He opened his eyes to see that the wall had been blown open, and a new ferret entering, taking Pit’s attention. It was a gray and white ferret with a green collar.

“...Rock? Is that you?” Simon asked in shock. “Where have you been?”

“After being gone for so long, I find my home to be not under attack from just one group, but two? I am in a bad mood, and anyone will suffer my anger an-Dear gosh, Pit! What happened to you?!” Peanut took this opportunity to make a run for it. Just as Peanut made it out the door Rock snapped his fingers and a Michael Bay explosion filled the room, hitting Peanut away. Rock was left unscathed, Puit was injured but didn’t seem to show it, and Simon was blown against the wall. Rock angrily peeled him off and shook him to his feet. “After him, come on!”

Lana sat at a desk, filing through paperwork, completely unbothered by the load explosions coming from elsewhere in the mansion. Duke was “helping” her, but right now he was snoozing on the table.

Keene kicked Bino’s unconscious body out of the way, and took the core-mana out of his collar. “Luckily I was able to end this without needing the mana.” He heard the continuous rumbles and explosions filling his house. Then he heard a closer noise. He turned around and found Rock there, looking exhausted.

“Brother.” He said with a bow. Keene smiled.

“Rock! You’re alive!” Keene embraced his returned brother. “What happened.” He asked.

“To put it simply, we got to get out of Babylon Gardens. Now.” He said bluntly.

“What are you talking about?” Keene asked. Rock spied Bino’s body to the side of the room. He gulped. “I didn’t kill him. Not yet.”

“I’ll explain as we walk.” Rock said leading him out of the room. “Remember one of Bino’s goons , Tiger? The really messed up one? Well, Bino had a pretty ridiculous plan going, and I followed Tiger to a small African Micronation called Feraga. I wasn’t able to stop him, and he stole from Feraga’s military a supply of warheads.” They cleared one hallway just as the backside of it blew up. “I’m not really sure what his whole plan was, but Tiger is bringing them here. Good thing you didn’t kill Bino, cause he is the only person controlling that maddog, keeping him from going completely wild. But we need to be prepared, tell me, what do you think such a crazy dog would do with four-plus military warheads?” Rock asked. Keene understood what was happening. He took a turn. “Where are you going?” Rock asked.

“I need to find Lana and Duke, then we’ll all get out of here!” Keene said breaking off into a run.

“There isn’t time for that!” Rock yelled after, but he didn’t listen. Rock was about to leave, but then remember that he sent Simon and Pit after the brown dog. “Darn it, now I have to find them!”

“What are we looking for Max?” Sabrina asked. Max threw over some rubble in his search.

“Core-mana. Keene’s a prophet for the Griffon, so he has to have some somewhere. Tarot keeps her Dragon core-mana in her collar, but Keene’s smarter than that.” Max and Sabrina continued their search, walking through blown down walls. Eventually, they entered the vault room.

“Oh my gawsh…!” Sabrina said in shock. Max kicked it to make sure it was so. He shook his head.

“Bino’s not dead… I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly disappointed.” Max dropped down and turned Bino’s body over.

“What are you doing?” Sabrina gasped. Max started slapping Bino’s muzzle.

“Come on boy, wake up, come boy.” Max said in a taunting voice.

“Ooooooooaoaaauaugh….” Bino moaned as he woke up. “Waa, Max?” He asked. He soon silenced upon finding Max’s energy claw across his neck.

“Tell us everything.”

Grape dashed through massive hallways of the mansion, scrambling away from a barrage of arrows. Note; do not fire a kamehameha at a guy who can convert it into his own attacks. After the arrows ran out Grape took a quick moment to breath.

“It’s simple.” She thought to herself. “I just gotta not use any energy attacks. Rely on the physical, that’ll do it!” She dashed at Daryl, taking him off-guard, and launched a punch right to his face. It was her bad arm however. She felt the pain shot through it right before it landed, and slowing down in shock, this gave Daryl the time he needed. He low kicked her into the other side of the room. Grape slowly picked herself up, but there was someone behind her.

“Grape, get out of there!” She heard Peanut’s voice, and saw him enter in, running from a door at the other side. She turned around and found a massive ruffed up wolf, missing one eye. The wolf’s paw moved quickly, and like lightning reached for her face. She was quicker though. She jumped back and kick his paw aside. Peanut skidded to a stop upon seeing Grape was safe, for now.

“Peanut, I know you’re not a fighter, but... I’m reading really odd energy from this guy. His power isn’t even, it’s like… focused all in that one hand.” Grape said after getting a good look at the opponent.

“So what does that mean?!” Peanut asked, still worried about the ways this could’ve went wrong.

“It means he’s probably vulnerable everywhere else.” Grape explained. Peanut thought a moment.

“So what does that change! I still can’t help yo-” Grape suddenly grabbed Peanut by the feet and after a few twirls flung him into the wolf’s side. The wolf was knocked back considerably and Peanut was dazed.

“You know something like, ‘Imma use you as a flail’ would’ve been helpful…” He laid down as the room spinned around him. Grape quickly jumped over the dazed brown dog and released a volley of energy on the wolf. Grape gracefully landed and looked at her handy work. The wolf was down for good. She dusted her paws and breathed relief.

“Man, that could’ve been messy.” She said with a smile as she helped Peanut up.

After hearing everything he needed, Max kicked Bino in the gut and threw him into the wall. “I got to find Keene. You should find Grape and the others.” Max was about to leave when a sword whizzed at him. He somersaulted out of the way, and like a boomerang the sword returned to it’s owner. King caught the sword, and popped his tired neck.

“So, you must Max.” He grumbled. “Let’s get this over with.” Sabrina looked at Max with deep concern. She put both of her paws on his shoulders.

“Sabby, what are you doing?” Yellow energy started flowing from her arms into Max. “Stop, that’s-”

“You need all the power you can get.” Sabrina stopped him. When the transfer was complete she slumped against a wall, exhausted. Max turned to face King.

“Well, let’s do this!” He charged up, his aura being dark blue with yellow energy making a golden lining. “Art of the Wild God, SETH!” He threw his arms to the side as golden markings spread around his body, and his eyes went completely blue. He entered a very wild fighting pose. “Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaah!!!” With incredible speed he took on King.

“Hatiskoll!” King shouted as he swung his sword at his opponent.

“Storm Claws!” Max summoned a “final claw” for each hand and caught the blade, barely keeping it in place. He chuckled. “Looks like… I GOT A CHANCE!” He pushed the blade back at King. King clenched the blade and absorbed its energy form.

“King’s Decree!” He shouted as he launched a volley of black energy against Max. Max was pushed back, his aura protected him from most of it. He held both claws out horizontally.

“Storm Claws Wild Dance!” As he dashed back at King he started spinning, creating a mini energy tornado. King blocked the attack with his sword, but the two forces clashed against each other, neither being pushed away. King struggled, putting in as much power he could to push Max out, but Max’s attack was too strong. With a momentary break in reality, King was hit back through walls with noise like that of thunder. But Max’s spinning didn’t stop, he went around in every direction until finally it lost speed and stopped. He held his head as he suffered from the dizzyness. King took the chance and pounced from behind.
---

Okay I know most of these seems to be totally rehashed scenes from the April Fool's chapter, but the facts are that the scenes in the April Fool's were rehashed from the actual chapter. :P
But anyway, it's still a new post, so take it as a promise that this will be continuing. I am working again.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Nice Update :D
I'm glad to see it back up.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

New exciting stuff! Wow this has become a crazy mess. I'm all on the edge of my seat here, basically falling out actually. :D So excited to see more of this
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

That was awesome!