Housepets: Beautiful Nightmares

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Skruffy

Housepets: Beautiful Nightmares

Post by Skruffy »

BEWARE! This is my first fan fiction and an attempt at putting a sad look into a writing piece. Please correct me on any grammar mistakes and etc, I'm a bit rusty having been a few months off school and such. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! ;)

[PROLOGUE]

Tarot sat at the top of a tree in the heart of the vast forest of Babylon Gardens. It was a fairly big tree, tall enough to give a decent view of the town. She wore a sad frown on her face and was deep in thought.

"Oh Dragon," the golden colored canine whispered softly, as if praying to a spirit. "He's going to turn out just like the other four, isn't he?"

Valentines Day was tomorrow, and her current boyfriend Peanut was beginning to act strangely around her. He always had a pained expression on his face whenever they proclaimed their love to each other, and was beginning to spend less and less time with her. Tears started falling from her face. She knew what was coming. It always happened on February 14th. Which made it more heartbreaking when they said "I need to tell you something."

But at least every time they left her for something else, it was always for the best.

Right?

RIGHT?!

Tarot's small fit of weeping suddenly transformed into full out uncontrollable sobbing. When will I find someone who actually loves me? The small dog whispered in her mind. Not someone who just needs some comfort AND THEN THEY LEAVE ME WITH NO HESITATION. She was starting to snap. Tarot was getting fed up with this. Year after year of "I foresaw you and came to you in your time of need." Four years of giving all her love to a cat or a dog and getting nothing in return.

And it was all for Dragon and for the "greater good" of the pet in question.

Tarot's sobbing stopped, and she soon fell asleep.

Oh how she would regret that decision.

I could have stopped at the RIGHT?! But I felt it wasn't long enough. Oh, and if there is any bad logic in this, please tell me! I was never good with that stuff :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Housepets: Beautiful Nightmares

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

intriguing. I look forward to the next installment.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

I look forward to seeing where you take this. ^_^
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Looks good so far, fits someone who has loved and lost a bit.

I can't wait to see where you take this!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Skruffy

Re: Housepets: Beautiful Nightmares [PG13]

Post by Skruffy »

Enjoy :) Sorry if its a bit confusing at some parts. I have trouble explaining things sometimes. :?

Tarot stood in a pitch black darkness of her dream world. Nothing was in sight except for the giant emerald green dragon in front of her.

"Tarot..." The celestial began.

"So I was right then."

Spirit Dragon (or just Dragon, for short) looked at her friend and avatar with eyes of grief. Sometimes she just felt so horrible for making the poor dog go through so much loss.

A monster, would be the word to describe how she was feeling right about now.

But both of them would have to endure the enormous amount of stress that came with the job. The pets of Babylon Gardens needed courage and comfort. They needed someone to come to them in their time of need and help build that courage up. Too many of them had withdrawn to being the pet that everyone else wanted them to be. Tarot had agreed to give herself up for that purpose and become a major part in important events that would take place in the future of Babylon Gardens. No changing her mind. It was for the greater good of the city. To get the advantage in the cosmic game. They couldn't let Pete win, for if he did, Tarot's world would be his to play with. No rules. Anything he wanted to do with it. It would be complete chaos and suffering. Dragon had already lost the game on several other boards. She could not let this one go up in flames like the others.

She wouldn't lose. No matter what.

"Yes. Tomorrow is the day-"

"That Peanut will gather the courage to be who he wants to be, and in the process, break my heart. Just like the others."

"Precisely. Do you have any other questions for me?"

Tarot closed her eyes for a few moments before replying. "I fear that I will snap completely tomorrow. I-I still love all of them.." Her voice came out shakily.

"I need a way to let go. Of all of them. I have become too attached to them." Tarot felt a shiver go up her spine. The thought of forgetting all of her loves was just too haunting to think about.

Dragon closed her eyes and thought about a way to do just that. After a few minutes she figured one out.

"It will be dangerous, and you will be tested to your limit. There is a possibility that you will never look at your friends the same way again."

The Pomeranian raised an eyebrow at this. Her boss usually took the safe way out of things. This meant that there was no other option.

"What do I have to do?"

"You must enter a nightmare made using your memories as the base. I will tamper with it and insert challenges to help you get over your feelings for each pet you have loved. One by one."

"This is the only way. I cannot touch Love and anything to do with it using my magic. Not even Pete would dare to do something like that.

Tarot was visibly shaken by this. How insane would someone be as to enter a nightmare willingly? She shivered, her usual nightmares were horrible enough. What would they be like if powered up to full potential? And reliving her memories? She would go crazy!

But then again, she would go crazy anyway if she had her heart broken one more time.

"I'll do it."

"Are you sure? There will be no turning back."

Tarot repeated herself.

"I'll do it."

Dragon's face twisted into an impish smile. "Then so be it!"

CHAPTER ONE: THE WORLD OF DISLOYALTY

Tarot opened her eyes and saw that she was under a tree. Fireworks were all over the sky above her. Most of all, an arm was around her waist and she was leaning into the chest of another pet. He was warm. Very warm. They were watching the fireworks together.

"I wanna dedicate this song to you, love."

A sweet, loving voice filled her ears. It wasn't until later in the song what memory she was reliving and who the voice belonged to.

Oh no, nononononononnonono not thi-

The pet who was singing the song finished and tightened his grip around Tarot. He leaned in and nuzzled her affectionately.

"I love you Tarot." The dog said to his girlfriend with a warmth that cannot be matched by anything other than pure love.

Her heart heart broke into a million pieces, as she knew what he would say next.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

The golden Pomeranian looked up to see the face of Fido Byron. He wore a gentle smile that she thought she would never see again. Nononono I can't say it ican'tican'tican't

Tarot looked up at Fido with a tear streaked face. "Oh Fido.." She whispered, smirking.

"Of course I will."

The poor dog would have said otherwise if she had seen the bright yellow eyes looking at them from a distance.
EmoPeanut

Re: Housepets: Beautiful Nightmares [PG13]

Post by EmoPeanut »

Skruffy wrote:Enjoy :) Sorry if its a bit confusing at some parts. I have trouble explaining things sometimes. :?

Tarot stood in a pitch black darkness of her dream world. Nothing was in sight except for the giant emerald green dragon in front of her.

"Tarot..." The celestial began.

"So I was right then."

Spirit Dragon (or just Dragon, for short) looked at her friend and avatar with eyes of grief. Sometimes she just felt so horrible for making the poor dog go through so much loss.

A monster, would be the word to describe how she was feeling right about now.

But both of them would have to endure the enormous amount of stress that came with the job. The pets of Babylon Gardens needed courage and comfort. They needed someone to come to them in their time of need and help build that courage up. Too many of them had withdrawn to being the pet that everyone else wanted them to be. Tarot had agreed to give herself up for that purpose and become a major part in important events that would take place in the future of Babylon Gardens. No changing her mind. It was for the greater good of the city. To get the advantage in the cosmic game. They couldn't let Pete win, for if he did, Tarot's world would be his to play with. No rules. Anything he wanted to do with it. It would be complete chaos and suffering. Dragon had already lost the game on several other boards. She could not let this one go up in flames like the others.

She wouldn't lose. No matter what.

"Yes. Tomorrow is the day-"

"That Peanut will gather the courage to be who he wants to be, and in the process, break my heart. Just like the others."

"Precisely. Do you have any other questions for me?"

Tarot closed her eyes for a few moments before replying. "I fear that I will snap completely tomorrow. I-I still love all of them.." Her voice came out shakily.

"I need a way to let go. Of all of them. I have become too attached to them." Tarot felt a shiver go up her spine. The thought of forgetting all of her loves was just too haunting to think about.

Dragon closed her eyes and thought about a way to do just that. After a few minutes she figured one out.

"It will be dangerous, and you will be tested to your limit. There is a possibility that you will never look at your friends the same way again."

The Pomeranian raised an eyebrow at this. Her boss usually took the safe way out of things. This meant that there was no other option.

"What do I have to do?"

"You must enter a nightmare made using your memories as the base. I will tamper with it and insert challenges to help you get over your feelings for each pet you have loved. One by one."

"This is the only way. I cannot touch Love and anything to do with it using my magic. Not even Pete would dare to do something like that.

Tarot was visibly shaken by this. How insane would someone be as to enter a nightmare willingly? She shivered, her usual nightmares were horrible enough. What would they be like if powered up to full potential? And reliving her memories? She would go crazy!

But then again, she would go crazy anyway if she had her heart broken one more time.

"I'll do it."

"Are you sure? There will be no turning back."

Tarot repeated herself.

"I'll do it."

Dragon's face twisted into an impish smile. "Then so be it!"

CHAPTER ONE: THE WORLD OF DISLOYALTY

Tarot opened her eyes and saw that she was under a tree. Fireworks were all over the sky above her. Most of all, an arm was around her waist and she was leaning into the chest of another pet. He was warm. Very warm. They were watching the fireworks together.

"I wanna dedicate this song to you, love."

A sweet, loving voice filled her ears. It wasn't until later in the song what memory she was reliving and who the voice belonged to.

Oh no, nononononononnonono not thi-

The pet who was singing the song finished and tightened his grip around Tarot. He leaned in and nuzzled her affectionately.

"I love you Tarot." The dog said to his girlfriend with a warmth that cannot be matched by anything other than pure love.

Her heart heart broke into a million pieces, as she knew what he would say next.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

The golden Pomeranian looked up to see the face of Fido Byron. He wore a gentle smile that she thought she would never see again. Nononono I can't say it ican'tican'tican't

Tarot looked up at Fido with a tear streaked face. "Oh Fido.." She whispered, smirking.

"Of course I will."

The poor dog would have said otherwise if she had seen the bright yellow eyes looking at them from a distance.

..... FIDO?? Now I get why he's a cat person now, bad spirits.... thats it right?
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

No bad spirits here. :lol:
But he had to meet Sabrina through somebody
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice story! So is this going to be like an Inferno type deal? She deals with different losses through different boyfriends?

Fido, huh? Now we know why he thinks he is not so great a dog...

Can't wait to see who else Tarot has "helped".
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Exactly. :D

And you might be surprised who exactly she has helped ;)
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

hmm, my guesses for the others are bino, fox and joey, cause that could explain so many personality traits they show
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Well, you got one of them right :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

has she helped Tiger?
what about some cats?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

Sorry bout the long update time guys :P Will release more soon.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

take as long as you need.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets