Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ChristopherJackal

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by ChristopherJackal »

Tarot was already up and busy as the first rays of sun started to shine in through the window. Thoth still had time until his three months were over but she was already more than aware that he made his choice. Now was her chance to help finalize that choice while he was sleeping. She already made the necessary phone calls and his guests were set to arrive at earliest convenience, but for now she still had one thing left to do before they arrived. The cat was sleeping soundly as Tarot quietly made her way over to his bed, “wake up Thoth. I’ve set up a very important day for you.”

The mass slowly started to stir, “what? What’s going on?” As he looked up he could see the Pomeranian staring intently at him, “what do you want?”

“You need to get ready, you have very important visitors coming, and you still smell of popcorn and butter.” With that Tarot pushed him out of the bed and to the bathroom, “I’ll tell you everything once you’re done washing up.”

He let out a sigh as he stepped into the shower, the water felt nice as is cascaded its way down. He was grateful he had somewhere to stay but waking up early was definitely one of the things he didn’t like. He went about washing himself still half asleep, his mind beginning to wander as he could feel a strange sensation wash over his body. The shower didn’t last long as he finally got out all the butter and popcorn smell and soon enough he was out and ready to dry. What surprised him though was that he shook himself dry rather than use a towel, that was something he hadn’t done that in a long time. Yawning he just shrugged it off, probably just a lapse back into old habits. The day was so far starting off on the right foot and everything was going to be great, that was at least until he looked in the mirror. There he saw himself, but not the self he had grown used to and accepted. Instead his former self the dog everyone hated was there staring back at him. His heart was immediately racing and he looked himself over, any fogginess he had was now instantly cleared. “TAROT!”

“So you know then I presume Bino?” The Pomeranian was standing at the door as Bino continued to panic.

“Why am I a dog? My time isn’t up yet! I don’t want to be a dog, change me back… please…” His voice started to trail off, it was as if his world came crashing down. He was finally happy and it was all being taken from him in an instant.

Before he could panic any further Tarot sat him on his bed and gave him a small smile, “relax Bino this is only temporary. You only have a few hours like this, but that should be enough time for what I have set up for today, then if it is truly your choice you will become a cat once more but permanently this time. You just have to be sure that it is what you want.” Before he could respond there was knocking at the door and Tarot was instantly off, “let’s go Bino, they’re here.”

“Who are they?” As he followed Bino was rather confused, as far as he was concerned there was only one person he wanted to see, and that was his brother Fido. Tarot was already off answering the door as he made himself comfortable on one of the cushions. His comfort didn’t last long as Tarot returned with her guests. Following close behind the Pomeranian was her ex Peanut and his new girlfriend Grape. “Peanut? W… what are you doing here?” Bino was more nervous as he looked to the lavender cat, he was more than certain she’d like nothing more than to rip his insides out for what he did.

Peanut was smiling as he normally did, and there was a slight wag in his tail as he looked to Bino, “Tarot invited us here, she said that you wanted to see me.”

Tarot nodded as she sat next to Bino, “I’d say an apology was in order before you leave for good Bino.”

“An apology? You think you can just apologize for what you did? You almost KILLED him!” The hate in her eyes was apparent as Grape walked closer to the dog, “You hurt my Peanut and you just want to apologize?”

Before the other two could react Grape managed to slash one deep cut diagonally across Bino’s eye, leaving a crimson trail flowing down his cheek. “Grape!” Peanut was quickly by her side pulling her away, “why did you do that?”

Bino was already wiping away the blood as Tarot brought him a cloth, “I deserved it… I am sorry for what I did Peanut, but because of reactions like that… it’s why I can’t stay… you two may never forgive me for what I did and I don't blame you but I have to apologize anyhow.”

What surprised everyone was when Peanut carefully sat down and hugged Bino, “I’ve already forgiven you Bino, if it wasn’t for you Grape and I wouldn’t be together.” The cats glare softened as he looked to her with a smile, “I’m still recovering from the incident,” he laughed a bit as he signaled to his still casted leg, “but I couldn’t be happier and it’s all thanks to you.” Peanut’s tail was wagging as he hugged Bino once more.

A small smile could be seen on Bino’s face through the cloth he was still holding to his eye, “thank you Peanut, I appreciate it.”

Grape still had her arms crossed as she watched the two, "personally I still hate you, but if Peanut can forgive you then I guess I'll have to as well..." She gave Bino a good hard punch to the arm before heading off with Tarot.

The two dogs talked for a while before Tarot had to come back and cut in, “I’m sorry Peanut but Bino still has someone else to see, but I’m sure he appreciates your visit. Thank you for coming.”

Giving their last good-byes Grape helped Peanut up and they headed out. By now Bino’s cut had stopped bleeding but it would probably leave a scar. Tarot was busy making sure the cut wouldn’t get infected as someone started to knock at the door once again.

Again Tarot was up and off to answer the door, “Bino?” Fido was the first to appear and instantly went to hug his brother as Sabrina and Tarot came in, “hey, how are you doing? You’re back early!” Looking at his brother Fido finally noticed the scratch on his face, “what happened?”

“It’s just a scratch don’t worry about it,” Bino felt his heart drop as he tried to think about how to answer the other question, “About me being here… there is a reason…” He was smiling slightly as he looked up to Sabrina holding Trinity gingerly in her arms. “I… needed to talk to you…”

Bino didn’t have to finish for Fido to understand, but his ears still fell as he realized what his brother was going to say, “You came to say good bye then?”

Bino nodded as he hugged his brother tighter than before, tears started to form as he clung to Fido, “I’m sorry, I just can’t stay… I'm sorry I could hold up my promise to you, but it’s not like anyone wants me back anyhow.”

Fido pulled away and stared at the other dog, “I want you back, you know that.”

Bino’s ears fell as he looked to the floor, “it’s still the minority, the majority will never accept me back and I can’t force them to, nobody can and now I don’t want to force them. I’ve forced too many into too much as it is, I need to start over…” As he looked up to Fido it was obvious he was hurt by losing his brother, “just promise me one thing and I’ll promise you one more thing alright?”

Again Fido pulled the smaller dog into a hug, “anything Bino!”

As he wiped away a few tears Bino looked to the black cat standing nearby, “don’t tell her about me alright? I think it’ll be best if she never knows about me and everything I did.” He didn’t have to look back to his brother to know he was about to object, Bino knew his brother well enough to know that, “it’s what I want, please just don’t tell her.” As Fido simply nodded Bino continued, “I also wanted to promise that I will be happy, you won’t have to worry about me. I know what I’m doing and everything will be alright. Ok?”

“I don’t like this, and I know you know that… but I trust you Bino, I always have. If you say everything will be alright I’ll believe you.” Fido flashed him a small smile as he ruffled Bino’s head fur, “You’re my brother Bino and I love you, so don’t be afraid to come back if you ever change your mind alright?”

“Don’t hold your breath for a return but it’s still good to know...” Standing up Bino managed a smile as he gave his brother a light punch to the shoulder, “even if you’re some glorified glory sponge.”

The two shared a small laugh as Tarot approached the two, “sorry Fido but Bino doesn’t have much time left, I was only able to get him here for so long…”

The Pomeranian let out a squeak as she was hugged by the bigger dog, followed shortly by the smaller one, “thank you for this Tarot. It means a lot to us.”

Both Fido and Bino started to shed tears again as they finally gave what would be their final good bye. Fido flashed a small smile before turning to leave, but Sabrina lingered for a small time before approaching Bino with a small smile, “see you around Thoth,” Giving him a quick hug she turned and followed where Fido had left.

Bino’s eyes were like saucers now, “she knows? How?”

“You really don’t know Bino?” Tarot’s eyebrow was raised as she crossed her arms, “she is a psychic in training you know.” Taking a moment she let it sink in before taking Bino back to the room, “so you ready to officially leave Bino behind for good?”

Bino sighed as he nodded his head, “it’s time to move on…” He had his eyes closed as the familiar green glow started to surround him. As the change finally ended Thoth stood there looking himself over before closing his eyes once more, Bino was gone never to return… but he was happy, and he promised Fido that that was how he planned on staying.

Small little wrap up, and Bino is officially gone... Thoth is there to stay! So yeah now that this is done all I have to do is start wrapping everything up in total which shouldn't take too long, I'll probably have one more update before I jump ahead quite a bit and wrap up everything that is still needed to be done. Like the villian explanation! OOOOHHHHH, that'll be a goodin! :lol:
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Villain explanation should be good...

You've got a good story here, CJ. I've enjoyed reading it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

heh, only Peanut could thank Bino for almost killing him. But that's just like him ;)
Nice wrap up with the bad doggie, nice way to move on. Thumbs up foor CJ! :D
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Wow, just wow.

Bino is not coming back and Thoth is here to stay

Peanut forgive Bino, despite the fact that Bino almost got him killed. (That's Peanut for you).

And the moment that Bino and Fido shared, priceless.

Well this was one powerful chapter, even though it was short.

And CJ, you got some explaining to do on the new villain. (Even though it will be explained in the story, I know that. lol)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Barkeron wrote:Wow, just wow.

Bino is not coming back and Thoth is here to stay

Peanut forgive Bino, despite the fact that Bino almost got him killed. (That's Peanut for you).

And the moment that Bino and Fido shared, priceless.

Well this was one powerful chapter, even though it was short.

And CJ, you got some explaining to do on the new villain. (Even though it will be explained in the story, I know that. lol)
I couldn't say it better
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Wow powerful update indeed. there's not a lot I can cay that hasn't already been said this was superb! Great job CJ!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

if this was not such a good story I would have stop reading all this lovey-dovey junk… but it's a good story... It just makes me sick to my stomach to see Tarot get away with what ever she wants.
Bino

Post by Bino »

I'm actually HAPPY for my namesake! But why didn't he just tell Fido that he's now Thoth? That'd make it easier since Fido is literally the only person he's going to miss
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
huntersunday

Post by huntersunday »

Very good story cant wait tell next update
so pie is free but cake is not?
Cory

Post by Cory »

I think you did a really good job wiht changing Bino and the whole redemption thing.
ChristopherJackal

So I has to tell everyone that I won't be posting an update tonight, me and my family are going out of town for the weekend so I've been busy planning with my friends on what to do while there. Meaning I haven't worked on the update much so A. it's not finished yet... and B. we wont be returning until monday afternoon/night so I can't post an update for that day either and would be too much time in between updates in my opinion by the time Friday rolls around. So I want to post as close to this Friday as possible so it wont be as long a wait. Sorry about that guys, but it happens... though I'm excited to see my friends! :mrgreen: I'll try to work a bit on it while away but can't guarantee much. Though I'll make it up to ya'll after I get back with next Fridays update being the one focused on the double date between Grapenut and Follegra.
valerio

Post by valerio »

first i was :o
then I am :D :D :D
DOUBLE DATE GRAPENUT FOLLEGRA FTW!!! you gave us enough incentive to wait patiently for update! take care and enjoy your trip, CJ! ;)
Cory

Post by Cory »

Putin and I shall patiently await your return.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

I just read through this entire thing (what's been posted so far) and I must say I'm very impressed. Do I find myself actually liking Bino Thoth?
ChristopherJackal, I must say I'm very impressed by your ability to stay close to the characters as we know them and yet have them end up somewhere entirely different than where the comic is now. I've only read a couple other fanfics that involve grapenut and most of them involve some significant personality changes, especially where Grape is concerned (less violent, more emotional, etc). Not to say that those other fanfics weren't great, it is just I think you manage to do it without changing Grape as much as some people have to. Good job! I'm looking forward to future updates!
ChristopherJackal

As mid afternoon rolled around tarot was busy concentrating as she talked to the spirits, she only snapped out of her concentration as a knock on the door was heard. “Who is it?” Tarot was actually surprised someone was at the door; everyone she invited had come and gone.

As she opened the door a chocolate colored dog was standing and smiling as her. “Hey, I’m looking for Thoth. Is he here?”

Tarot was already smiling as she looked at the dog, “yes of course. You must be Caramel! He’s asleep in his bed, second door on the right.”

Caramel smiled and nodded as she followed the way the Pomeranian was pointing, “thank you.” As she opened the door to the room sure enough there was the cat she was looking for, sleeping all curled up in a ball, “awwww how cute…” Without warning she jumped on top of him, causing him to scream in surprise and putting her in a fit of laughter. ‘Time to wake up sleepy, we have a job to do!”

Thoth simply glared at the dog as he let out a yawn, “Two things… One why are you here? I’m trying to sleep you know. And two… what are you talking about, what job?”

Caramel was smiling as she sat at the edge of his bed, “Fido called me earlier to have a small party set up. I can do it myself, but I wanted another opportunity to kick your butt so I came to drag you to help me.” She gave him a light kiss on the cheek as she started to roll him off the bed, “basically you have no choice in the matter so get up.”

Thoth just groaned as she finally succeeded in getting him off the bed, “and if I refuse?”

“You won’t, now let’s go!” With that the dog grabbed him by the arm and was already dragging him out.

Tarot smiled at the two as they walked by, “see you later, and have fun.”

Thoth let out another yawn and he rubbed his eye with his free hand, “what is so important that we have to celebrate now? Some of us like to sleep in.”

“I was told it’s a good bye party for his brother, he wanted to get everyone together to tell them that his brother wasn’t going to return. Should create quite the stir considering what happened and all…” Caramel furrowed her brow as she thought about it, “I’m kind of surprised he’s getting a party to be honest, but hey our just is to just set up for the party, not to think too much about it.” She was smiling again as the approached the club, “so how do you think we should split it up? I won’t lose this time!”

Thoth was lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t hear her the first time, Caramel had to repeat herself twice more before he snapped out of it, “oh ummm, not sure I feel too interested in this today… so seems you may have to wait until next time.” Thoth wasn’t particularly excited about this party, with his talk with Fido earlier Bino was supposed to be long gone but now he’s have to suffer through listening to just how much everyone hated him and watch them celebrate his leaving, needless to say he wasn’t looking forward to it. He let out one last sigh as he got to work.

As the pair got to work Fido eventually made his way to checkup on how things were going, it was important to him that this good bye party would be as great as he could possibly make it, even if it wasn’t that big of a party. Thoth was busy setting up a table as Fido approached him, “hey I wanted to say thanks for being able to set this all up in such a short notice… it means a lot to me.”

Looking back to Fido, Thoth actually managed to smile. He truly was appreciative of it, and it made him feel a little better. Even if he was dreading what was to come. “It’s no problem really; it’s what Caramel and I do best.” Though Fido wasn’t anywhere near as fast as the other two the fact that he tried to help set everything up relaxed Thoth a bit, that was of course until it was about time for the party to start. By now the news had started to spread already and as cats and dogs began to enter he could hear them murmuring amongst themselves about him, and it wasn’t ever something nice.

Soon after everyone finally arrived Fido moved to face everyone and waited for the room to quiet down before starting, “So by now most of you have already heard but my brother Bino stopped by earlier to tell me that he would not be returning to Babylon Gardens.” Almost immediate a loud cheer broke out in the crowd and both Fido and Thoth’s ears fell back, before anything could progress further Fido took charge once again, “this is not something we are to be celebrating.”

Chaos was threatening to break out as random pets were shouting from the group, “why not?” “Yeah I say good riddance!” “I agree, so long and farewell, nobody wanted him back anyhow.”

Fido was already getting frustrated as he looked over the group, “how could you be saying that?” The dog was definitely trying his hardest to keep from yelling, but they weren’t making it easy, “I’ll be the first to admit it that Bino made a huge mistake, but never should we ever be happy that one of our fellow pets is leaving for good.”

“Bino deserves it!” Again more comments came from the crowd as they all agreed.

“Nobody ever deserves it,” their reactions were definitely getting to Fido by this point, it hurt him to hear them react like this against his brother.”

“And why not?” The crowd was getting restless now; none of them thought Bino deserved anything for what he did.

“Because I already forgave him” All eyes went to Peanut as he slowly, and with the help of Grape, made his way to the stage. “What Bino did affected me the most, and if I can forgive him them so can you.” Peanut stood firm as he looked over the group with determination in his eyes, “I talked to him earlier this morning, and he is truly sorry for what he did. I consider Bino a friend now, and I would be with the one I love if it weren’t for him. I can say I do feel bad about his departure.” The room fell silent as everyone continued to stare at Peanut, but he never wavered as he stood firm with Grape at his side, “all I ask is that you give this for Fido today, you don’t have to like Bino but how would you feel if you lost someone you cared for?”

Fido was amazed someone was helping, and he was more than grateful. “Thank you Peanut,” The bigger dog pulled the smaller one into a big hug, “you don’t know how much this means to me.”

Peanut returned the hug as his tail wagged like crazy, “don’t mention it Fido, it’s the right thing to do.”

The rest of the crowd watch the two in a silent confusion as Peanut’s words sunk in. The fact that Peanut could so easily forgive something like that baffled them all, but the more they thought about it they realized Peanut was right. They all had someone they cared for and would be devastated to lose. Even if they didn’t like Bino, they all liked and respected Fido and Peanut. Fido and Peanut were the ones who basically changed things for the better in the neighborhood; if anything they owed them this.

Slowly the party was starting to pick up as it was unanimously agreed on that the Bino incident was to be put to rest as the party ended, and soon enough it did and everyone started to take their leave. Eventually only Fido remained with Thoth and Caramel as they started to take down and put away everything for the party, “thanks again for doing this you guys,” Fido smiled to the two as he put away some of the decorations.

“Think nothing of it Fido,” Caramel returned the smile as her tail wagged slightly.

“I may have not been here to see what happened with your brother, but I’m sure he’d appreciate this.” Thoth’s tail swayed as he smiled to Fido and put away the last of what was left, “but I was woken up twice today, so I would like to go home and nap if you two don’t mind.” With that he bid them both good bye and left. “Thank you for that Fido… and Peanut… Bino is officially gone now, to everyone not just me.” The cat smiled to himself as he headed home.

A quick update before I go out of town, it's not much really but now not the community has officially said good bye to Bino. Anywho so next week is the double date and will be posted Friday. Laters everyone I'd comment more but I have to pack still! :mrgreen:
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Cute. You really did this story well. The double date should be entertaining.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

great job!

I'm curious, how soon will we see this "great force", the "new enemy" Kitsune talks of that will threaten everything?
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

I don't think Max would be happy about his Dog Brother being gone... and losing his girl... he has a lot of resins to hate them all

a good chapter...
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Looks like the double date chapter should be fun. Have a nice trip CJ.
valerio

Post by valerio »

OK, that was cute.
Frankly, Fido should have expected this reaction, tho.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Have fun times on your trip CJ, and thank you for indulging us with this awesome update!

I can't wait for Friday.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
ChristopherJackal

I'm back! And this trip was amazing! :mrgreen:

Anywho just a quick note for some of the comments.

The great force and whatnot will not really make and appearance in this story. The only part that will be covered is the new villian becoming the villian and why. CtSQ will be ending after the double date so that makes two updates left (unless I change something last minute) but the good news in this is that I have decided to do a part two type thing to keep on with the later events and such just with a new name (which I haven't picked yet). Though I wont start on that immediately after this story, I still have to plan out a good general skeleton before I start and I wanted to do some other smaller stories first.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

welcome back!

finally something we care about! EVIL villian time! HA HA Haaaa!
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

so we will have a sequel sometime in the future. nice! I've really enjoyed this story.
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay for you being back and double yay for season 2! :D :D :D can't wait how this works out...although I can educately guess we all have an idea why the villain should want to be the villain :mrgreen:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Welcome back CJ and awesome, Housepets! Changing the Status Quo: Part II
ChristopherJackal

Grape was lounging against Peanut as they sat together in the nice cool shade of a tree. The weather was just about as perfect as it could get, summer was just about over and with autumn coming it always brought along with it the nicest breeze. The gentle breeze and the warmth that was coming from Peanut were slowly putting the lavender cat to sleep as they waited for another pair to join them by the tree. Grape yawned as she looked up and smiled at the dog that help her close, “any sign of them Peanut?”

Peanut’s eyes were still half closed as he looked around, “I don’t see anyone.” He was about to relax again when his ears perked up, “hold on I think I hear something.” As he looked around once more sure enough the two they had been waiting for had finally arrived.

“Sorry we’re late; we got held by something important…” Both Fox and Allegra were smiling big as they cuddled close together. “We still have some time before we have to be at Heathcliff’s for our reservations, so what shall we do to pass the time?”

Grape made no effort to get up as she snuggled closer to Peanut’s chest, “we’re perfectly fine right here, so why don’t you two join us?”

Allegra wasn’t about to take that as an acceptable answer as she started to pull on their arms, “get you lazy bums! I wanted to go see Fido and Sabrina for a while; we have a surprise to tell you!”

Peanut was instantly up as he pushed Grape off in his excitement, his tail wagging like crazy, “surprise? What kind of surprise?”

“Peanut!” Grape was dusting herself off as she got up obviously unamused with Peanut.

Peanut smiled sheepishly as he went to hug the cat, “Sorry Grape…”

Flashing him a smile Grape simply kissed his cheek, “its fine Peanut, I should be used to how exited you can get.”

Both Fox and Allegra were giggling as they watched the two, “should we get going then?” As the other pair nodded the four of them turned and headed to their current destination.

Peanut’s tail was still wagging a mile a minute as they went, “so what’s the surprise?”

“You’ll have to be patient Peanut; we’ll tell you one we get to Fido’s house alright?” Allegra could help but feel a little bad as she watched Peanut’s ears fall flat, “but don’t worry it’ll be worth the wait.”

With the surprise aside the four continued to talk as they made their way to Fido’s house. It wasn’t until they got closer to the door that they heard little Trinity crying inside. “Well at least we know they are awake.” Grape was the one to knock as everyone waited behind her.

Sabrina opened the door with a smile, Fido walked up shortly after holding a squirming Trinity, “hello guys, what brings you around today?”

Peanut’s tail was picking up speed already, “Fox and Allegra have a surprise for us!” The four of them entered the house as Sabrina and Fido stepped aside.

“Oh a surprise?” Sabrina let out a yawn as she sat next to Fido on one of the sofas. “Sorry if we don’t seem too enthusiastic though, with Trinity starting to crawl more each day we’ve been up and about quite a bit. We we’re actually going to take her for a nap when you all arrived.”

Allegra looked to Fox and smiled, “well if you two are tired we can keep it short and simple and be on our way so you can rest.” The cat had already moved closer to Fox and started to nuzzle under his chin before she looked to the group, “I’m pregnant!”

“That amazing!” Peanut was the first to go up and hug the two, Grape followed shortly after. “Does that mean you’re going to throw a baby shower too?”

Fox was smiling as big as ever as he held Allegra close, “hold on Peanut, I think we should leave Fido and Sabrina to their rest first. We can tell you more later.”

Fido and Sabrina both nodded as they let out a yawn, “that’s great to hear Fox, and thank you both for telling us, but we do need some sleep so it was nice seeing you today but goodnight!”

Peanut was still filled with excitement as they left the house, “so have you thought of a name? Is it a boy or girl? Oh will you be having a party like Fido and Sabrina did?”

“Peanut slow down,” Grape had to shake the over active dog a bit before he calmed down enough, “one you need to give them time to answer, and two they may not have those answers yet so just relax.”

Allegra couldn’t help but laugh at Peanut’s over excitedness, “we actually just learned about it this morning Peanut, so no we haven’t picked out anything yet. We figured we could talk to you two about it over dinner.”

“So did you tell your parents yet?” Grape was snuggled close to Peanut as she was attempting to keep him from getting too excited again, “I believe you told us once that your mom always joked about this right?”

Fox was already laughing as he thought of it, “that’s actually why we were late; you should have seen how happy her mom was!”

Allegra was blushing as she looked at nothing in particular, “mom can be so embarrassing sometimes…”

“I like your mom, I think it’s really cute,” Allegra giggled a bit a Fox kissed her cheek, “would you rather her not be supportive?”

Allegra was still giggling as Fox wrapped an arm around her, “well no, but it would be nice if she was ever level headed as your dad though.”

Fox shrugged as he thought of his dad, “yeah but Dad is a cop so he’s always serious. Unless it comes to Miles and his family, dad seems to actually get along quite well with them ever since he had their steak.”
The group laughed as they started on their way to Heathcliff’s. The trip wasn’t long and the four were seated as soon as they arrived. “So what should we have today?” Eventually both pairs settled on what they wanted and placed their orders.

“So, what are you planning then?” Grape was actually curious to know what their plans were if any on any party or anything else they’d come up with.

Allegra sat and thought about it for a minute as she lightly tapped at her chin, “I don’t think I’d like as big of a party that Fido and Sabrina had, but maybe a small one with only a few closer friends.”

Fox was nodding his head in agreement, “yeah, unlike you two and Fido and Sabrina we don’t particularly want to be in the spot light. So we’ll stick with just a small party.”

Grape and Peanut continued to ask questions throughout the dinner, but Allegra and Fox didn’t have many answers at the moment. Eventually the small Q and A session came to the one question both Peanut and grape really wanted to know, the same on Peanut asked before in his excitement. “So do you know if it’ll be a boy or girl?”

Allegra rubbed her belly and smiled, “well I don’t know for sure just yet, but as of right now I’m leaning more to a boy.”

“Really?” Fox was somewhat caught off guard by that, “what makes you say that?”

“Just call it intuition!” Both Grape and Allegra giggled a bit as ox just shrugged.

Fox pulled Allegra closer as he wrapped an arm around her again, “your mom was hoping for a granddaughter though, so if it does turn out a boy. We could always try again.” Giving her a quick wink Fox kissed her cheek as he laughed.

Allegra giggled a bit as she pushed him away, “ha-ha, slow down there Romeo. We’re not in that much of a hurry to have a big family.”

Grape couldn’t help but smile at the two; they were always laughing and having a good time with each other. Much like she did with Peanut, but the more that she thought of it the more the idea of a family was actually sounding better and better to her.

Eventually the dinner started to wrap up and the check was delivered to the table, “I’ll take that!” Fox snatched up the paper with a smile, but the smile faded as he looked it over, “on the house?”

Allegra was trying to hold in her snickering as she watched Fox’s expression, “we agreed you’d handle any bills we had, but I pulled some strings considering I work here so there is no bill to be taken care of.”

Fox was obviously unamused as she was sticking her tongue out, “and how am I to be the romantic gentledog if I let you take care of the bill?”

The cat gave him a quick kiss as he smiled to the dog she loved, “I’m sure you can find a way to make it up to me. So shall we go? I think it’s almost time to watch the sunset.” As he got up Allegra stretched a bit before heading to the door, followed soon after by the other three.

The four ended up once again at the park just as the sun was beginning to set. They found a nice tree to sit under as they watched the beauty of the sunset in front of them. Grape was snuggled up close to Peanut’s chest as he had his arms wrapped around her. The warmth coming from Peanut and the sound of his heartbeat eventually put the lavender cat to sleep as the others continued on talking through the night.

Eventually it came time to leave and Grape was ever so gently stirred to wake up, “come on Grape, it’s time to go home.” Peanut kissed the top of her head as she slowly opened her eyes.

Grape let out a yawn as he looked around, “did the others leave already?”

“Mhm,” Peanut could see Grape was clearly still tired and half asleep, “come on Grape.” Getting up from where he was Peanut opted to carry the purple cat home as she happily purred in his arms.

“Hey Peanut…” Grape was trying to stay awake as she curled up closer to his chest, “I was thinking…” Grape was already blushing before she could finish her sentence, “would you ever want to have a family?”

Peanut was completely caught off guard as he looked down to the cat in his arms, “you mean have kids?” Peanut’s tail was wagging once again as she yawned and nodded, “I love you Grape, whenever you’re ready I will be too.” Peanut remembered what the Kitsune had told him and he started to blush a bit.

Grape just smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck, “I love you too Peanut, and maybe someday we will.” They shared in one kiss before the cat fell asleep happily in his arms.

Posting a bit later than usual, but I got it done! YAY! This one is simple and sweet. So I like the way it turned out. Also more families and babies! So anybody have any ideas on baby name for Follegra baby? I have nothing at the moment. feel free to share if you have em. Also next update should be the last on for this story oh my! And it will be ending round the same time it started, close to Christmas! :mrgreen:
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Right as I was getting ready for bed...Gotta go read now.

Very cute, I liked it. No ideas on a name though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

MEGADAWWWW!
This was so perfect, CJ! :D :D :D
As for Follegra's baby, if it's a boy, call him William. If it's a girl, Virginia.
You don't have to guess why, given their parents... ;)
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Maybe one of them babies will be EVIL! let Fido's girl be a mini-Bino! HA HA Haaaa!
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Maybe one of them babies will be EVIL! let Fido's girl be a mini-Bino! HA HA Haaaa!

haha I like that Idea! :lol: Great update CJ calling your work cute is starting to get cliché as nearly all your updates are cute in someway/form .unfortunately I can't think of another synonym to use at the moment so cute will have to dew for now.

-on a more serious note... I would love to be a supporter of Cat-dogs but I have having a difficult time imagining they would will look like without picturing some type of freak-show \abomination \ Fay-monster.... but I want to try anyway let's see Both Fox and Allegra ... So i am thinking dark pink\ purple with stripes possibly gray... Humm how interesting... yes.... I think I got one it might look like a HP version of Buwaro without the horns of course. but only time will tell I guess Great work on this one CJ I can't want to find out where you take this its been quite the ride.
ChristopherJackal

It will be a boy just so everyone knows and I like the name William actually I just don't get the why.... anyone care to share?

As for what he'd look like, I attempted a picture of what it would look like to mix a dog and cat with Trinity on page one, but thinking about it I don't necessarily think that the child has to be a mix of the two. So instead I was thinking that their child can actually be all dog, husky like Fox, but instead of having the chest, tummy, and the short area around the tail white like Fox does have it the same color as the main part of Allegra's fur and keep the same color stripes running from the top of the head to the the tail. Not really sure how that'd look to be honest but I think it would be interesting if anyone actually understood that. :lol: that is just my opinion as of right now so it's still subject to change
valerio

Post by valerio »

Origin of the name, from Wikipedia
William is from the Norman language Williame (although Norman French was Latin-based and the proper name is Germanic) and is a cognate from the German Wilhelm, and of Germanic origin: wil = "will or desire"; helm; Old English "helm", "helmet, protection";[1] thus the Old German name Wilhelm and the Old Norse name Vilhjálmr have the same roots. The name William has today been interpreted to mean protector of the kingdom or realm.

The first well-known carrier of the name was Charlemagne's cousin William of Gellone, a.k.a. Guilhelm, William of Orange, Guillaume Fierabrace, or William Short-Nose (755—812). This William is immortalized in the Chanson de Guillaume and his esteem may account for the name's subsequent popularity among European nobility.

So, strong cultural name, but above everything, what book-crazy parents wouldn't Christen their boy like William Shakespeare?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote:
As for what he'd look like, I attempted a picture of what it would look like to mix a dog and cat with Trinity on page one, but thinking about it I don't necessarily think that the child has to be a mix of the two. So instead I was thinking that their child can actually be all dog, husky like Fox, but instead of having the chest, tummy, and the short area around the tail white like Fox does have it the same color as the main part of Allegra's fur and keep the same color stripes running from the top of the head to the the tail. Not really sure how that'd look to be honest but I think it would be interesting if anyone actually understood that. :lol: that is just my opinion as of right now so it's still subject to change
Hmmm, sounds interestering. I often wondered what Fox and Allegra baby would look like. xD
ChristopherJackal

The high levels of excitement could be felt in the air as everyone who was anyone made their way to the park. Despite Christmas shopping still to be done, and several other things to plan for, none of them were going to miss this for any reason. This day and celebration was going to go down as the biggest event in Babylon Garden’s history. Everyone had been looking forward to this day since it was originally announced.

No expenses had been spared for this day, Caramel and Thoth had tirelessly worked for weeks to get the entirety of the park decorated just right, with assortments of white decor, as many flowers as they could get their hands on, and bells on just about everything. The finest of foods possible by pets was set to be prepared by Rex and his small group of helpers ready for this special day. The last thing that was absolutely necessary Joey opted to take care of himself. With Panini being back at the farm up until it was the big day he had devoted himself entirely to studying up for the role he was chosen to take. Everything had to be perfect; today they were going to celebrate not one or two, but three weddings. Though it would never be considered official in any way according to human standards, it was still definitely something they wanted to do.

Joey stood proud on stage; his normal green collar was replaced with a much finer black collar completed with a coat and tie. Standing to his left was those selected to be the bridesmaids. Tarot stood upfront, followed by Sasha, Opal, Caramel, Panini, Croissant and Rachel. To Joey’s right the groomsmen stood in an orderly fashion, Zach up front, followed by King, Mr. Bigglesworth, Thoth, Sergeant Ralph, and Rufus. And in the middle of them all, just in front of Joey stood the three grooms waiting to make this the day they will always remember for the ones they loved.

Fiddler and Keys were given their que as they started to play. With the music beginning to play the three brides started to make their way down the aisle. Sabrina was the first of the three. The black cat held her bouquet close as Trinity was walking by her side. The tiny infant was holding her mother’s hand as they made their way down the aisle; all the sights and sounds were somewhat intimidating. Allegra was the second to make her way up to the stage; Fox could only look on with Pride as he watched her approach with their newborn child curled safely in her arms. Last but not least was the lavender cat whom just the other day had learned that they too will be starting a family, with twins nonetheless. As Grape took her place next to Peanut, it was time to begin.

A lone figure sat on top of a nearby hill that looked over the neighborhood as he watched the festivities take place below. Nobody had even bothered to invite him; nobody ever even told him that the event was to take place. The only way he found out was that he overheard others talking about it as he was lounging in a tree. So needless to say Maxwell was definitely bitter about the whole affair, but what pushed him over the edge was the news that Grape was pregnant. Up until now he had always hoped that she would take him back, but those hopes and dreams came crashing down with the news of their soon to be family. “It wasn’t even my fault!” Max was trying his hardest to hold back the tears that threatened to flow. He hated that Grape dumped him for something he swore he never did, he hated Bino for starting the whole incident in the first place, and for just leaving to live life happily somewhere else. But most of all he hated Peanut for taking Grape away from him.

The hated he had only grew as the wedding progressed below him, he sat there and watched the only two he had ever truly loved vow to do anything and everything for the dogs that he had lost out to, “why did it have to be a dog?” The fact that not once but twice he had lost out on love on account of a dog was like putting salt on his already pained heart. His fists were balled up tight as he watched them attach their wedding rings onto one another’s collars, that small act putting the final nail in his coffin of ever winning them back as the couples shared their kisses to officially end the wedding.

Through the loud cheering of the crowd Max never noticed the blue figure slowly manifesting behind him, the gryphon had been watching the cat for some time and now was the perfect time to strike, “Hello there Maxwell.”

The black cat quickly turned to see the blue gryphon standing behind him, Max didn’t know who this was but right now he definitely wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone, “leave me alone!”

“You’re feeling hurt Max, you want revenge. I can help you!” The gryphon moved closer as the cat looked back to him, “right now I can tell how much hatred you have in your heart. I can help you control that, so that you can have everything your heart desires.”

Max just glared as he looked back to the lavender cat who was still passionately kissing the brown dog that was now her husband, “it’s too late to have what I want.”

Pete just shook his head as he continued to get closer, “it’s never too late.” His smile grew as Max turned back to him, curiosity glowing in his eyes, “I can do many things Maxwell, many thing you may not even be able to imagine. If it helps think of me as a spirit, much like the one Tarot speaks to.”

“A spirit?” Maxwell was already losing interest, “whatever just leave me alone.”

Pete wasn’t about to give up that easily though as his eyed glowed a bright yellow, “do you need proof?” With a snap of his hand he had changed into a blue cat, but his eyes still glowed the bright yellow as before, “I can be anything and anyone. This is a power I can give to you to use at anytime for any reason… IF you agree to one tiny little condition.”

“And what’s that?” Maxwell was trying to sound uninterested, but inside he was more than excited, “for all I know you’ll have me do something illegal.”

Pete chuckled a bit as he returned to his gryphon state, “From time to time I may need you to do something for me, that’s all.”

Max crossed his arms as he looked away, “that sounds rather suspicious! Why can’t you do it yourself if you have so much power?”

“Well I could, but I like to work while attracting as little attention as possible. And let’s face it, a new pet wandering around the neighborhood would get noticed rather quickly.”

Max looked back, he obviously had a point there, “alright point taken, then what would you have me do?”

“Not too much, I may just have you do something that is simple for me is all.” The gryphon was smiling as the cat seemed to think it over. “So do we have a deal? Because I can go ask someone else if you’re not interested.”

Max almost panicked as the gryphon turned around, “wait! Don’t go! I’ll do it!”

“Perfect!” Pete was smiling as big as ever as he turned around, “all you need to do is say that you accept to being my avatar and my powers are your to use.”

Max closed his eyes as he said what he was told, “I agree to being your avatar!” There was a quick flash of light and Maxwell found himself engulfed in yellow energy before it forced itself inside him. Leaving him doubled over on the floor as he struggled for breath. As he stood up he could feel the power coursing though him and his eyes glowed a bright yellow, but as he looked around the griffon was nowhere to be seen.

Back at the reception party a certain Pomeranian was eying the nearby hill as she was struck with a powerful surge of energy that only she felt, “welcome back to the game Pete….” Tarot looked back to the Peanut as he sat and laughed with Grape, "I hope you are ready for this Peanut."

Fin for part one!

I would like to thank everyone who has been with me though this! It's meant a lot to me, and I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I had fun making it! Of course all credit goes to the awesome Rick Griffin for creating the awesome webcomic in the first place that serves as inspiration.

It's been a fun ride but I am finally done with my first fanfic! Yay! Now I want to work ona few smaller stories before I start of part two for this. The next little story I do will be going off an old idea I had for this story but scrapped earlier on. Here's a quick description:

A Sadie Hawkins dance has been announced in Babylon Gardens Good ol' Dogs Club, and one very confused Sasha has found herself torn between the proud but sometimes cruel Bino and the adorable and romantic but often reclusive King. Will she be able to make a decision before the dance, or will their constant fighting push her into the arms of another?

Daggy

Post by Daggy »

D'aaaawwww at the wedding. That was wonderful and very surprising. So many babies!

Very interested in seeing what's in store for us in part two. If it's anywhere as good as this, I'll have to keep coming back for more.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Well done! Good way to end a part, giving us enough of an ending but also teasing us with the next part just enough to make us hate you to make us want to stick around to see more!
Out of the fanfics that I've read, this one is my favorite so far. You stay truer to the character's personalities as they are in the comic than most do and yet you are still able to mold your own unique story out of it. Once again, well done!

EDIT: It's probably sad how quickly I was able to do this, but I have created a pdf of this entire fanfic, (and went through the whole thing with spellcheck :) ) If anyone wants, I can post it.
btw, some interesting facts: this fanfic so far is comprised of 55 "chapters" (updates) and in my pdf it takes up 147 pages of size-12 Times New Roman font.
Last edited by Vyath on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awesome, CJ! I can only hope to do with mine what you have accomplished. Oh, right! I better get on that!

Wedding was great, Max was emotionally the perfect avatar for Pete, and awesome setup for the next part.

Now what else was I going to say? Hmmmmm......

Oh right! Possible King Of Hearts. YES!!!!!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

congratulations on the completion of your Fan-Fic CJ! What an great ride indeed and what an excellent end to part one! and your setup for Part to is simply epic CJ your the best!
Last edited by Kondog on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

My sincere congratulations for this ending, for the wedding, for Max awesome new antagonist, AND FOR GRAPE PREGNANT :D :D :D
I can't wait for season 2 of this wondrous work, CJ-boss! Loved it beginning to the end!