Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Cory

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by Cory »

You do a good job of making the characters beleivable. And that's not exactly easy to do. Keep it up!

Remember, Putin is watching
Attachments
vladimir-putin-polar-bears.jpg
vladimir-putin-polar-bears.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
Bino

Post by Bino »

A Fibrina putin soon to come and possibly a Follegra putin as well!
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

The Maxie question will be answered soon enough so no worries on that!

As for Bino's group, no they are all unimportant and nameless....

Also Putin kinda scares me... :? Honestly I can say there will be a Follegra putin, but probably not in this story... maybe! Also I can also say there will be twin putins, but their parents will be kept secret for now! Try and guess, I dare you! Though they most likely wont be in this story, unless I change up my ending a bit.
Bino

Post by Bino »

Opalsworth Putins? Grapenut Putins? Janini Putins?

And though they won't be in this story they would just be a continuation of this story? I'm assuming this story will end around the same time when Bino gives up and the Fibrina putin is born....

Also, one last guess for the twin putin pair: Bino and Trinity? What if Bino falls for her and then the whole opposition ends? Although that might be some form of incest....

Edit: oh and King of Hearts pups! (all will be revealed in "Housepets! Starting A New Generation!"
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
ChristopherJackal

Peanut was happily painting away with Tarot as King came in, he had already checked on everyone outside and most had left for home already. Sasha was waiting for him outside since they were both still rather wet and they were trying to avoid making a big mess by the both of them going inside, “Hey Peanut!” Walking over to the dog King was careful not to drip all over the place, “we pretty much finished for the day outside so I went ahead and let them all go home.”

As Peanut turned around, he was surprised to see the Corgi dripping like he was, “umm… why are you so wet?”

King just kind of grinned at the dog, “we got a little sidetracked outside… but we got what we needed to done.” With that he said his good byes to Peanut and everyone else there and returned to Sasha, they wanted to make it to the park to dry off while the sun was still out.

Peanut got a little more done on the wall he was working on when he was distracted again, this time it was Sergeant Ralph again, “hey there Peanut, is Fox still here? Fido has confirmed what he said earlier that he was helping all along, so can you pass the message for me? I still have to get back to the station.”

Peanut just smiled up to the dog, “sure thing!” Peanut’s tail was reaching it’s usually speed, he was excited Fox was telling the truth, the more friends the better.

As Ralph left Peanut was going to start painting again when Tarot patted him on the shoulder, “Peanut honey, you should go tell the others now before they do anything bad. I’ll finish up here.”

Peanut just nodded as he got up, “then I’ll be back as soon as I’m done!” With that he turned and left to tell everyone what he considered to be very good news.

As expected the news went over well with most everyone, it wasn’t until Peanut reached the room with Alex, Opal, and Mr. Bigglesworth that he encountered a problem. Alex was steamed after hearing the news, there was no way he was just going to accept it, “They’re all lying! I know it!”

Opal was trying her best to keep her brother calm, “Please Alex, just forget it… Fox seems like a nice enough dog…”

Mr. Bigglesworth just had his arms crossed, “well that and the fact that you’re not exactly following what this club stands for to begin with… we’re not supposed to reject anyone for any reason.”

Alex was starting to pace in frustration, “There are always exceptions! And Fox is one of them.”

Peanut wasn’t really sure what to do, but being the leader he had to do something before it turned into a big problem, “you need to just give him a chance Alex… he stayed and helped us today and I’m sure he’ll return tomorrow to do the same. I trust him and I know he wants to help us, just give him the chance to prove that and you’ll see.”

Opal just nodded her head, “I agree with Peanut, so I think we should go home already… maybe a nap will help you think it all out?”

Alex just huffed, “whatever, I can’t focus enough to paint now anyways!”

As Opal and Alex made there was out Mr. Bigglesworth looked back to Peanut, “Sorry about that, we’ll be back tomorrow though!” With that he flashed the dog a slight smile and followed the others out.

After the little incident with Alex, Peanut went back to telling everyone else the news and checking up on their progress. Most everyone was finishing for the day and starting to head home. It didn’t take long for Peanut and Tarot to be the last ones left at the club house. It took them about another hour to get everything put away and clean, but the whole time Peanut couldn’t help but notice Tarot seemed distracted about something, as he walked over to where she was he just wrapped and arm around her and smiled, “is something wrong Tarot?”

The way he was smiling at her made her smile a bit as well, but soon it faded back to an expression more serious, “I can’t walk with you home tonight Peanut, I have something I need to do… but before I go I need to tell you that your time to make an important decision is coming very soon… just be careful on your way home tonight alright?”

Peanut’s ears perked up as he listened to the Pomeranian, “Really? Like what kind of decision?” As usual his tail was wagging as fast as it could, to him this sounded exciting.

“I can’t tell you that Peanut, you’ll have to see soon enough,” with that Tarot kissed his cheek and started for the door, “just be careful Peanut.”

As he stood there alone Peanut was slightly confused as to what he was supposed to be careful of, as far as he knew everything was going great and everyone was happy. Walking outside the sky was filled with stars; it was nights like this that made him love living in Babylon Gardens.

As Peanut walked alone down the street a brown dog was watching him from behind a bush. Turning around Bino was now facing what little group he had left, he had already been over his plan with them but for reasons he himself couldn’t figure out they didn’t seem to be sure about it. Looking over his group it was easy to tell they were still unsure about it, Bino let out an annoyed sigh as he started to explain it all once again, “listen, to make it simple we need to take him out now! We’ve already lost too many to his group and it’s becoming clear that nobody will listen to our side and know we are right without resorting to extreme measures. We have to do this, for what’s right, and this may be our only chance.” Despite giving what he thought was a great mini speech Bino could still see everyone seemed to be as unsure as before, “just follow my lead and everything will go back to normal soon enough.”

Peanut stopped walking as Bino stepped out of the bush, being as happy as he was Peanut just greeted the dog like he did everyone else, “Hey Bino!”

The way Peanut was smiling made Bino snarl, “I’m not here to be friendly Peanut,” he was practically growling at the brown dog as he took out a picture from his collar, “I know you’re a cat lover, you can’t deny it now!”

Peanut flinched as Bino flicked the picture to him, as he picked it up his eyes popped open as he saw what it was of, “H… How did you get this? Th… they are my cousins! I’m not a cat lover!”

Bino just smirked as he crossed his arms, “that’s not all I know Peanut, turn it over.”

Peanut was confused as he turned the picture over, “I know about the baby? What be….” His voice trailed off as the realization hit him, “how do you know?” With all this Peanut was starting to panic a bit, when Bino got like this bad things were soon to follow.

As Bino snapped his fingers the other dogs instantly surrounded Peanut, “I warned you not to go against me Peanut… it’s unfortunate you decided to anyways…”

Yeah... Bino is crossing the line with this one... Please don't hate me people! :? Because I do not like violence I'm skipping that part and continuing from there... drama is a brewin...

Also is that the name for a fic you will start Bino, or are you hinting at a part two? :lol:
Cory

Post by Cory »

ChristopherJackal wrote: or are you hinting at a part two?
I don't think you're being left with much of a choice :P
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ok, I need an explanation here.
Peanut is the founder and leader of a club devoted mainly to interspecies relationship.
Why should HE, of all members, keep goin' the 'I-am-not-a-cat-lover-thing'?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote:
Yeah... Bino is crossing the line with this one... Please don't hate me people! :? Because I do not like violence I'm skipping that part and continuing from there... drama is a brewin...

Well CJ, you did say in a couple of posts back there may be some violence. Actaully the cliffhanger made it imply that Peanut was going to get a bit ruffed up a bit.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

I love were this is going... I'm only sad that there is no Happy Ending for Bino....
Bino

Post by Bino »

ChristopherJackal wrote: Yeah... Bino is crossing the line with this one... Please don't hate me people! :? Because I do not like violence I'm skipping that part and continuing from there... drama is a brewin...

Also is that the name for a fic you will start Bino, or are you hinting at a part two? :lol:
So Bino "took out" Peanut? "took out" as in Killed him or just beat the snot out of him? Either way, Max is screwed now cuz Grape is gonna kill him

hinting at part 2 cuz i can read your mind AND predict the future!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Bino wrote:
So Bino "took out" Peanut? "took out" as in Killed him or just beat the snot out of him?
I going to go with "they beat the snot out of him." Hmmm, I have the same question as Valerio here, why is Peanut still in the closet about this cat lover thing, even though he is the leader of the inter species club?
Bino

Post by Bino »

Barkeron wrote:
Bino wrote:
So Bino "took out" Peanut? "took out" as in Killed him or just beat the snot out of him?
I going to go with "they beat the snot out of him." Hmmm, I have the same question as Valerio here, why is Peanut still in the closet about this cat lover thing, even though he is the leader of the inter species club?

I'd say because 1. He's with Tarot, 2. He only loves Grape, so he's denying loving his cousins, 3. Max doesn't need to find out
Revius

Post by Revius »

Hmm I wonder what peanutt will do ones he realise Tarott knew he would get his butt kicked but simply left him to walk home with nothing but a "be carefull"
Last edited by Revius on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to love and tolerate you so hard 20 years from now your descendants will clutch their chests and wonder why they feel so warm and fuzzy all of a sudden." -Anonymous

Bad speller's of the world UNTIE!!!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Bino wrote:

I'd say because 1. He's with Tarot, 2. He only loves Grape, so he's denying loving his cousins, 3. Max doesn't need to find out
Okay, I can go with that. Either way, the drama storm is now here.
ChristopherJackal

It's not that he's in the closet, he loves Tarot, but when Bino is involved things don't end well. Peanut didn't know that picture even existed so that alone is news to him, seeing the picture and it being Bino that is hassling him about it could bring back memories from the past cat lover drama he went through and triggered a response he would give back then. Like a subconscious thing.

Also there will be a happy ending for Bino, who said there wouldn't be?
Bino

Post by Bino »

Revius wrote:Hmm I wonder what peanutt will do ones he realise Tarott knew he would get his butt kicked but simply left him to walk home with nothing but a "be carefull"
Same, potential break up situation with Tarot, and Max and Grape as well. CJ you may just make this a Grapenut comic yet!

Edit: @CJ

Bino + Trinity pairing?!?!
Last edited by Bino on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

ChristopherJackal wrote:It's not that he's in the closet, he loves Tarot, but when Bino is involved things don't end well. Peanut didn't know that picture even existed so that alone is news to him, seeing the picture and it being Bino that is hassling him about it could bring back memories from the past cat lover drama he went through and triggered a response he would give back then. Like a subconscious thing.

Ah, gotta.
Bino

Post by Bino »

By the way CJ you never told me if any of my putin pairings were right ;) is that because they are :P
valerio

Post by valerio »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Also there will be a happy ending for Bino, who said there wouldn't be?
Because he DOES NOT deserve one, DID NOT anything to deserve one?
I mean, you must have a totally unexpected twist up your sleeve to make BINO worthy an happy ending.
Bino

Post by Bino »

valerio wrote:
ChristopherJackal wrote:Also there will be a happy ending for Bino, who said there wouldn't be?
Because he DOES NOT deserve one, DID NOT anything to deserve one?
I mean, you must have a totally unexpected twist up your sleeve to make BINO worthy an happy ending.
He's following Aristotle's model of a tragedy. Bino is secretly the tragic hero and will have a downfall when Trinity grows up and he realizes he loves her. He then realizes the error of his ways and changes (like fox did). Then he lives happily ever after!

Or it could be another cat that Bino falls for... Because now that i'm thinking about it, Trinity hasn't even been born yet, and Bino is gonna come to his senses soon (according to CJ)
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Bino wrote:He's following Aristotle's model of a tragedy. Bino is secretly the tragic hero and will have a downfall when Trinity grows up and he realizes he loves her. He then realizes the error of his ways and changes (like fox did). Then he lives happily ever after!

Or it could be another cat that Bino falls for... Because now that i'm thinking about it, Trinity hasn't even been born yet, and Bino is gonna come to his senses soon (according to CJ)

Intrestering plot here. I will have to read up on the Arisotle's model.
I doubt Bino will see the error of his ways because he is too full of himself to notice. Maybe a little shake up will. Oh and Bino falling for a cat, that would be shocking turn of events.
Bino

Post by Bino »

The only major difference between shakespeare's and aristotle's models is that in shakespeare's model the tragic hero doesn't have to realize his/her mistakes before his/her downfall.
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

The most scary enemy is the one that truly believe they are in the right and so they never give up, not even in the end...
valerio

Post by valerio »

The only reward Bino deserves is losing the last remains of his leadership, after his followers understand how wrong they were in following him. Bino will remain alone, disrespected, empty leader and follower of himself, condemned to witness the other pets' joy, that joy he negated for all his life to himself and tried to negate to others, understanding that redemption will never come if he does hold the least spark of hate in his arid soul..
Bino

Post by Bino »

Sweet Poetry Valerio! But all Bino needs to experience to change his mind is the love of a cat. And if you thought Fox's emotional breakdown was bad, just think about how bad Bino will react
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

It'll be totally devastating for him (I mean Bino)! ;)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Bino

Post by Bino »

But maybe a new and better Bino will emerge! (or maybe not)
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I think that he's behavior is effect of the fact that both, Fido and Joey are cat lovers. Maybe we can add to this some bad experience from Bino's past, for example he fallen in love with cat and this cat droped him.
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
ChristopherJackal

Man ya'll are just going to town with this one! :lol: let's see if I can cover everything...

First off the putins, if I told you now it wouldn't be a secret right? The opalsworth one would make sense right off right? Grapenut hasn't been confirmed or denied but I'm sure most everyone is holding out for that one! :lol: I'd think Joey is too yound so I'm shooting that down and Bino and Trinity would be weird in my opinion so no to that... or it could be another pair entirely! Hmmm....

Also I don't think Peanut would be upset about what Tarot told him so they should be fine!

And I think the last thing is I'm shooting it down now but Bino will not end up with a cat! So keep guessing folks!

Was that everything? I kind of lost track...
Bino

Post by Bino »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Just felt like saying that Bino never was or will be a cat lover in this story, but I do like the idea of the pup thing, maybe next time! :lol:
Dang it CJ! I thought i remembered seeing this!

And who else is there??? Rex, Daisy, Alex, and Bino are the only people not currently dating and all of them are dogs! New characters, perhaps? (cuz u can't keep making us guess if the characters haven't even been introduced!)

So that leaves Fibrina, Grapenut, Follegra, and Opalsworth as far as i know, and you've already confirmed 2 of those.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Great update, CJ! I loved it.

Wow, a lot of speculation and Bino hate. I like it when Bino gets a happy ending.

Also, I hope Peanut isn't going to fall unconscious. That would be bad for the Fox/ Alex dynamic... :?

Bino seems pretty uppity. I think he doesn't really end up with anyone. Or, if he does, it is Tarot. Oh yes, I went there. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Bino

Post by Bino »

copper wrote:Also, I hope Peanut isn't going to fall unconscious. That would be bad for the Fox/ Alex dynamic... :?
Do you mean unconscious for a few days like a mini-coma? And i didn't even think of the implications that would cause! With Peanut unconscious, Fido at home with Sabrina, and Joey away at the farm, that leaves King next in line for command. If Bino were to do something to King (which Bino would totally do since King stole Sasha) then the power struggle would be extreme! Fox vs. Alex probably, with Fox receiving support from Fido and the majority and Alex receiving support from the minority. Bino would probably want Alex to win so that the system collapses (Alex would go power crazy and get rid of Fox, thereby ostracizing all of Fox's followers).....

My mind just exploded........
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cory

Post by Cory »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Bino and Trinity would be weird in my opinion
Yeah, I think that one would cross a few lines.

So what about the other police dogs? Is Ralph the only one that decided to come around? Did the others agree? Are they just going along with it because he's the boss?
Bino

Post by Bino »

well, i'd say that since CJ has confirmed that all the people following Bino are nameless, the entire K9 unit is part of Freedom to Play, which means they accept it.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Bino wrote:My mind just exploded........
Y''now, that seems to happen a lot lately...

And O doubt that would happen. Fido would still be around to pick the new leader. He is still second in cpommand, so he has enough weight to pick someone.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Bino

Post by Bino »

copper wrote:
Bino wrote:My mind just exploded........
Y''now, that seems to happen a lot lately...

And O doubt that would happen. Fido would still be around to pick the new leader. He is still second in cpommand, so he has enough weight to pick someone.
But i don't think that alex would enjoy having Fox as leader, even with Fido's approval
ChristopherJackal

Hey Bino you're forgetting the minor characters that were first part of Peanut's group, the other cat lovers! Casanova and Cinnamon and the others! Also just wait and see about what happens with Bino, it should be good!

Also yeah the K9 Unit supports Freedom to Play!

Also again, who said a new leader will need to be chosen? Though I'm not saying one wont be...

And lastly blast you Copper how did you figure it out? :lol: note I'm joking... or am I? but seriously Bino will get somebody so no worries on that and it wont be a new character!
Bino

Post by Bino »

He had better not get Sasha back CJ....

All female dogs in the series: tarot, sasha, daisy, opal, and 2 of the minor cat loving dogs and that's it. And unless CJ breaks up the cat lovers (doubtful), opalsworth (also doubtful), king of hearts (even more doubtful), or peanut and tarot (possible), then Bino is gonna date... Daisy????
valerio

Post by valerio »

ChristopherJackal wrote:And lastly blast you Copper how did you figure it out? :lol: note I'm joking... or am I? but seriously Bino will get somebody so no worries on that and it wont be a new character!
You amaze me. Both for thinking that he deserves someone and for thinking that someone could find something in him... Or will she rather be an accomplice in mischief? Yess...
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

valerio wrote:
ChristopherJackal wrote:And lastly blast you Copper how did you figure it out? :lol: note I'm joking... or am I? but seriously Bino will get somebody so no worries on that and it wont be a new character!
You amaze me. Both for thinking that he deserves someone and for thinking that someone could find something in him... Or will she rather be an accomplice in mischief? Yess...
I know Bino's been basically a complete monster in this fanfic (granted, mostly he's just pathetic), and I will admit I wish for him to suffer his comeuppance, but he's far from unredeemable. Bino's hardly sociopathic, and mostly just seems to be jealous and insecure. It will take several chapters to pull this off believably, but CJ can potentially turn Bino around and still make us like him even after all the crud he's been putting everyone through. Oh, yes, it can be done.

On a more general note, Mr. Jackal, I freakin' love you[/b]. This fanfic has been so much fun to read up until now, and I'm looking forward to later updates. The way you're able to take even the minor characters of HP and make something more out of them is great, and I'm definitely excited to see how you handle Bino's and Alex's characters. They seem to be the only ones right now who have any really bad personal issues at the time, so those are the two whose subplots I'm most anxious to read.