Another Lonely Face

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Private Elliot

Re: Another Lonely Face

Post by Private Elliot »

valerio wrote:heh, ask any questions and I'll answer. ;)
YA I WANTS 2 KNOE HOW 2 DO BARREL ROLL, Z OR R TWICE.
WOW DIS AR TEH OFF TOPIC AN NAO IM TALKIN LIEK SONIC ID FURRY SO I SHUD STOP NAO.
/caps

page king plz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

That must've been the most pointless post ever <.<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Private Elliot wrote:
valerio wrote:heh, ask any questions and I'll answer. ;)
YA I WANTS 2 KNOE HOW 2 DO BARREL ROLL, Z OR R TWICE.
WOW DIS AR TEH OFF TOPIC AN NAO IM TALKIN LIEK SONIC ID FURRY SO I SHUD STOP NAO.
/caps

page king plz
Two derps don't make a right.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Tobee wrote:That must've been the most pointless post ever <.<
No, this is.

:D
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Sunday Filler Pt. 1 Ch. 9: "I'm here for you"

Sasha woke to the cold nip of fall air outside. The early sun greeted her through the open door. She squinted her eyes to aviod the bright light beaming through the opening in front of her, letting out a wide yawn to complete the look. Her eyes widened to reaveal another greeting. A figure sat in the far corner of her doghouse.

"Oh hey." she yawned

"Listen," the visitor started "I'm sorry about yesterday."

"It's okay..." Sasha replied "Bino doesn't deserve me anyways."

"Be that as it may, I still hate to see you upset. It really worries me."

Sasha smiled for what felt like the first time in years. "Thank you..." she whispered.

"And if you need anything... I'm here for you."

"Oh you're so sweet..."

Sasha looked into the visitors eyes.

"Thank you King."

------------

TEEEEEEENY TIIIIIINY update to keep you hanging. I really wanted to do SOMETHING for today, so consider yourselves lucky :)
Last edited by yoyodude on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

WUT I totally thought it'd be Jeremy :O

Nice update ^_^
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
valerio

Post by valerio »

Kingy to the rescue, YAY! :D :D
Tiny and nice update, thank you dude!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

STOP STEALING MY THUNDER I DID IT FIRST DARN IT

Totally kidding, I'm liking this a lot. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

HAI GUIZE I GOT BACK EARLY. I was originally going to do three submissions for "Sunday Filler" But I think I can get another update out tonight.
valerio

Post by valerio »

kewl. I'll read it tomorrow tho :(
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Ch. 10: No Place Called Home

"What did I do?"

Jeremy paced deeper and deeper into the dark forest. Babylon Gardens was long lost behind him. There was no way he could ever return. As far as he was concerned, he had ruined the one chance he would ever get. The one bullet he had been given only pierced air. He had to return to a life of seclusion once more.

"What was I thinking?"

In a single day he had gained, and lost, everything. Chance had gifted him the oppurtunity to begin a normal life again, and a single moment forced him to depart empty handed.

"How could I do such a thing?"

Jeremy had no intent on harming Bino. It wasn't the first time he made that mistake. it wasn't the first time he was in immediate danger either. Jeremy's mindset on survival was the one thing that kept him from living. But he had to do what he needed to stay alive. Unfortunately the same instinct meant nothing for pets. HIs actions were unacceptable, and the consecquences were permanent.

"What will I do now?"

Jeremy couldn't answer his question. He was out of options. A normal life did nothing for him, surviving alone only filled him with violent reflex, and returning caused more harm than good. Harm was an understatement. Not only was his life ruined, but possibly the lives around him.

"Sasha..."

She did nothing wrong. The only thing she could be blamed for was having too much heart, even then it was Jeremy's fault for accepting her kind offer. She saw the loneliness inside of him, and compared it to her own. She only wanted to help...

"Where will I go?"

He couldn't saty here. He couldn't run the risk of seeing anyone again. The damage had been done, staying would only cause more. Jeremy had to move far away. He needed a place where no one he knew could find him.

"I wish I could just start over..."

He needed a place where he could start a new life... again.

------------

I am SUCH a negative writer.....
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

yoyodude wrote:I am SUCH a negative writer.....
It comes with the territory. :P

Keep up the good worK :)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

It's not just this, every story I write tends to have a really negative attitude to it. The last time I worte something, I used the entire earth in a metaphor to write about how stubborn mankind can be... But I'm better at writing dystopian stories so I might as well stick with what I'm good at.

This fic does end on a happy note though, don't you worry
valerio

Post by valerio »

it's a good story so far and I am not complaining over it.
Give us moar!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Another great update. Hmmm, lets see here. Bino, pretty much brought this on himself and Jeremy is lonely once again.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

yoyodude wrote:Sunday Filler Pt. 1 Ch. 9: "I'm here for you"

Sasha woke to the cold nip of fall air outside. The early sun greeted her through the open door. She squinted her eyes to aviod the bright light beaming through the opening in front of her, letting out a wide yawn to complete the look. Her eyes widened to reaveal another greeting. A figure sat in the far corner of her doghouse.

"Oh hey." she yawned

"Listen," the visitor started "I'm sorry about yesterday."

"It's okay..." Sasha replied "Bino doesn't deserve me anyways."

"Be that as it may, I still hate to see you upset. It really worries me."

Sasha smiled for what felt like the first time in years. "Thank you..." she whispered.

"And if you need anything... I'm here for you."

"Oh you're so sweet..."

Sasha looked into the visitors eyes.

"Thank you King."

------------

TEEEEEEENY TIIIIIINY update to keep you hanging. I really wanted to do SOMETHING for today, so consider yourselves lucky :)
King! King! He's Our dog! If he can't do it, Bino sure can't!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Private Elliot wrote:King! King! He's Our dog! If he can't do it, Bino sure can't!
DEAR HEAVEN WHAT HAVE I DONE

*starts slapping Pvt. Ell repeatedly*

Snap out of it!!!!!!!
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Did you think i was referencing something?
I meant cheer Sasha up.
Wait... :shock:
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Private Elliot wrote:King! King! He's Our dog! If he can't do it, Bino sure can't!
DEAR HEAVEN WHAT HAVE I DONE

*starts slapping Pvt. Ell repeatedly*

Snap out of it!!!!!!!

Get a hold of yourself!

Berry to mint!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Um, i meant that Bino cant cheer her up.... Gawd you people and your sick minds.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Okay guys we're getting close!

------------

Ch. 11: Coming Unglued

Jeremy prepared himself for the long move. His destination was no more specific than "far away", the only detail was he prefered was to be far enough that no one he ever knew could find him again. He thoughtfully sifted through his belongings, carefully choosing what he wanted to bring on his journey. There wasn't much he really cared for though, most of his collection consisted of things that were only of use to him if he stayed put, which was not an option. He slid his knife out from under his collar. An engraving on the brass read 'To the only man who could set me straight'. The message had meant nothing to him in the past, but now he felt he could use it to better himself.

"...set me straight."

Jeremy felt the buckle of his fake collar. The band that previously helped him feel wanted now set him off. He didn't deserve to wear it. It made him a fake. The buckle came undone and the collar slung over his shoulder. He could barter it to the gold-seeking crows for something of practical value...

A presence could be felt over Jeremy's shoulder. Cautious ears sweeped all angles. Pinpointing the location of the intruder, Jermy whirled around to see nothing. Dark, stiff trees swayed around him, as if humored by the paranoid feline's miscalculations. The woods play tricks on many.

"Ther is another way."

The voice came from the direction he previously faced. Jeremy quickly turned, and was rewarded with the sight of his unwelcome visitor. Dark navy fur blended with the night's mysterious veil. Bright yellow eyes peirced his very thoughts.

"Tristan..."

The peculiar canine raised a provocative eyebrow.

"...or do you go by Jeremy now?"

The dog's lips didn't move to the appropriate sounds. Instead a develish grin adorned his face. The words felt as if they were eminating from within his own mind.

"Who are you?" Jeremy blurted, too confused to have anything better to ask.

"Irrelevant." Foreign thoughts said in his mind. They were not his own.

Jeremy concluded that he had gone mad. Too much trauma in his life caused his psyche to collapse. He closed his eyes tightly as if his eyelids were the one barricade to protect himself from supposed hallucinations. 'Go away...' he thought repeatedly.

"You are needed,"

One eye opened to reveal the intrusive hallucination, still very real in front of Jeremy.

"You can't leave."

------------

If you're wondering if I did what you think I did... yeah, I kinda did.
Last edited by yoyodude on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Looks like Jeremy...

*puts on sunglasses*

Just went to the darker side of things...
YEEEEAAAAAAAAH!1
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

See, Yoyodude knows who's eyes are yellow :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Teh Brawler wrote:See, Yoyodude knows who's eyes are yellow :P
It's Pete and or Tarot, but Tarot isnt evil...
:?
valerio

Post by valerio »

this is gonna be interesting... :?
Medli

Post by Medli »

Maybe its a NEW player! :o
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Who is this mysterious character?
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Private Elliot wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:See, Yoyodude knows who's eyes are yellow :P
It's Pete and or Tarot, but Tarot isnt evil...
:?
The eyes aren't the only clue, guys. What color fur does this mysterious dog have? PETE DOESNT NEED TO BE SEEN AS A GRYPHON, prehaps it's because he at least wants jeremy to stay concious. ;)

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Fixed the speeling misteak that now hopefully makes it obvious.
Last edited by yoyodude on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Barkeron wrote:Who is this mysterious character?
Mister Bigglesworth of course!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

valerio wrote:
Barkeron wrote:Who is this mysterious character?
Mister Bigglesworth of course!
But...which one?
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Racer B of course!
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Ch. 12: "Don't go..."

"I'm going mad..." Jeremy gave himself a self-diagnosis. "There's no way you can be here."

The oddly colored dog leaned in slightly, anticipating the confused feline's next comment.

"You can't be real..."

"Ah, don't be so quick to define it an impossibility..." Jeremy heard his thoughts reconfiguring to hear the message of the visitor. "You'll find that I'm very real."

Jeremy felt something slide off his shoulder. The cat turned to catch the falling collar, only to see it in the hands of the visitor, who was now behind him. A quick look to the dog's previous location contained nothing but darkness.

"Jeremy..." The navy colored canine inspected the leather belt, carefully feeling it in his paws. "I need your help." He said wihtout looking away.

The cat stayed silent. Instead he stared at his collar, now in distant hands. Deep inside he felt the urge to grab it back. It was something he wanted, even after previously deeming it useless.

"You need to do something for me."

Jeremy chose to play along with the still supposed hallucination. "Why should I help you?"

Golden eyes raised to his, they felt like they were staring into his very soul. He returned the collar into Jeremy's empty paws. "Becasue I can offer you what you've always wanted."

"And what is it that I want?"

Jeremy's question went unanswered. "One of my more recent... subjects... is losing faith." The mute dog began to pace, but his thoughts remained present in Jeremy's. "You may have heard of him."

Memories flashed through Jeremy's mind. They were memories he didn't recall, they were ones he never experienced. They were not his own. Images of a particular dog flashed quickly in and out of sight. It's tag appeared to be reminiscent of a certain chess peice... Jeremy couldn't define it conclusively form the quick flashes. One image instantly caught his attention. It was the featured dog sharing a cold sidewalk with someone he instantly recognized. The dog was sitting with Sasha.

"His name is King... and unfortunately Sasha is his only source of happiness."

More false memories flashed through Jeremy's head. They were of Sasha. Not a single happy moment darted by. In every last one she was upset... and alone.

"Her current situation is most unsettling, and is causing King to lose faith in his own life.

The mysterious dog paused.

"In order for me to suceed, I need him to be happy."

Jeremy found no relevence in himself to this. "How does this involve me? I don't even know him!"

"Ah, yes." The dog returned to his initial point. "In order for King to be happy, so does Sasha." The dog stopped pacing. "Over the years, everyone she cared for has eventually began to turn their backs on her."

More foriegn Images displayed to Jeremy.

"Bino hasn't been the most caring companion, her owner was never supportive of anything other than himself..." he began to list.

'Was'... This word struck an odd note to Jeremy.

The dog continued. "...and her latest friend left without a trace..." he said, obviously referencing Jeremy.

The cat absorbed the dog's words carefully. "And what am I supposed to do?"

"I promised King that Sasha would be... protected."

"Protected?"

"This role normally falls upon the owner, but-" The dog focused over Jeremy's shoulder, before simply blinking out of existence.

"Jeremy!" a familiar voice called from behind him.

"Sasha?" Jeremy turned to reply. "What are you doing out here?"

Sasha ran up to Jeremy, immediately hugging him intensely. Tears streamed from her eyes, her lower lip quivering uncontrollably.

"What's wrong?" Jeremy asked, though he had already been hinted towards the reason.

Sasha fought to speak the words "D-daddys gone!" she stammered. Her arms tightened around him. "Don't go!" she cried. "Don't go..."

An unwelcome voice once again invaded Jeremy's thoughts. "She needs a new owner... and you need a new life." the echoing voice started. "I can provide both of these things for you... but the Jeremy she knows needs to leave her."

Sasha continued to cry onto the silent cat's shoulder. "Don't go..."

"I can save you both..."

"Don't go..."

Jeremy put his arms around Sasha, gazing into her wet eyes. He softly kissed her nose, never letting his eyes leaver hers. "I'll be closer than you think."

He slowly ler go of Sasha, eventually she did the same. Without a word, he gently placed his black collar into her paws. Reluctantly, he turned his back to her, and entered to dark forest.

*Snap*

------------

I'm done.

Heres an explanation for something that wouldn't have made sense had it been put into the diolouge with Jeremy: Pete wants King to WANT to be a dog, so he wanted to protect Sasha so nothing could happen to her.
Last edited by yoyodude on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

WUT HAPPEN
Something to Sasha's Dad... We dont have signal.
WUT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sooo... What now?
Now that things are becoming really, really, REALLY interesting? :?
What happened to Sasha's Dad?
And Bino and his threat about Animal Control?
Hey, this is not a cliffhanger, this is a honest-to-gawd PAIN!
Give us MOAR!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

IT BURNS US! IT BURRRRRNS US
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Nice, I love a good cliffhanger. And when a story's ending is left to interpretation, it's even better. Good work.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Now its time to wait...
And wait...

WAIT...
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

yoyodude wrote: I'm done.
Oh gosh I'm terrible at writing stories...
This was supposed to be the end. I guess I need to write an epilogue to wrap everything up more cleanly.

I hoped some of you would catch on to:

-Pete is the dog
-"The role of protection falls upon the owner, but he was a dork so I smited him" (jk)
-Jeremy had a dead end, vicious cycle life, and Sasha was "protector-less" so.......
-PETE TURNED JEREMY INTO A HUMAN SO HE COULD BE HER NEW OWNER. NOW JEREMY HAS A NEW LIFE AND SASHA HAS A MORE CARING DAD!!!

Feel free to comment on how terrible the end of the story turned out. I'm pretty bad at this...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

yoyodude wrote:Feel free to comment on how terrible the end of the story turned out. I'm pretty bad at this...
You are not. That was a great ending to a great story.

In other words, STOP BEATING ON YOURSELF
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY
Crap.

Think i over did it?

Yeah dont punch yourself in the face. haha.