Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Harry Johnathan

Temple - One Shot

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I THINK.

THEREFORE I AM.
- Descartes

+++++++

Those were the words written upon the door of demigod Pete the Gryphob's temple. These were the words imprinted upon the person looking at that door's heart.

The Person pushed a single button on that doorway and stepped inside. He breathed. He inhaled the scents and aromas of the temple. It smelt like dust, and gold, and molten lava and hurting and emotional pain.

He liked the way it smelled. He liked it a lot, actually.

He liked the way the leaves crunched under his feet as he walked inside the temple. He liked the howling of the wicked and wild wind, he liked the clang noise as he shut the door behind him.

He walked around into the darkness before him, and gazed upon the light from the statue of the gryphon, erected in the middle of the temple. He liked that light. No, scratch that, he loved that light.

He looked into the Gryphon's eyes.

"Hi, there", he stated. He took off his scarf and gloves.

His name was Henry Milton.

And he took that temple home with him.

THE END.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Leotamer

Re: Temple - One Shot

Post by Leotamer »

I liked the story. A bit short, but it gets it point across. In particular, I enjoyed the ending line, it has a certain punch.
Harry Johnathan

Leotamer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm I liked the story. A bit short, but it gets it point across. In particular, I enjoyed the ending line, it has a certain punch.
Thanks! 👍
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Love it! Great atmosphere, excellent characterization. You use only a few words, but it really carries your intent well :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just got to reading this and I really do love it! Nice work!
Harry Johnathan

Thank all! :D :oops: