The Fanfic Idea Post

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Zesortinge

The Fanfic Idea Post

Post by Zesortinge »

I couldn't find a thread for this. Basically you post Housepets! fanfiction ideas here. You can indicate whether or not you want other people to follow up on the idea or if you don't care if it gets done. Since this is the fan projects section, stick to ideas based around the series. You can indicate the time frame for when it starts if you want. Feel free to give your own views on how ideas would play out as well. If there are multiple ideas in one post, please number them. This part may expand as posts are added. Updates will be listed below.

Update 1: Removed the part asking to post if there were spoilers for other comics because it encourages more posts and it just specified comics. Added useless line of text.

Idea 1: A chat for all of the pets of the neighborhood (as well as animal friends and family of the pets) was made.
Timeframe: any works, but a month before the first comic is where I would start if I made it.
It would probably be hilarious, but I won't ask anyone to make it.

Idea 2: (Note: Crossover with two other comics & partial (very old) spoilers for those comics) This is probably going to be complicated to actually write, but basically the Gallifrax dimension from the Gallifrax arc is the world that is connected to the Kevin & Kell world, which has a plot point that it shares with the General Protection Fault world, as the General Protection Fault world is the one connected to the Kevin & Kell world. I don't know exactly how everything would work, given the beings in Housepets! and General Protection Fault. That is the part that makes it complicated.
Timeframe: Gallifrax Arc would be the best, but shenanigans could probably put it at any time.
I want to see it, but I don't expect to see it.
Last edited by Zesortinge on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: The Fanfic Idea Post

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Both of those ideas seem really good! I like the way you think!
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Here's an idea I've been messing around with but never actually got the time to work on. However, since I get bored during car rides I am able to think up of a few major and minor details

The story goes that King's pups have matured and are about the same age King and everybody else was during the Heaven's not enough arc. They each take after the three biggest influences on King's life. Olive is a no-nonsense rookie K-9 officer (even sporting Fox's bomber jacket as a hand-me-down) Ace (still barely talking) is a punk rocker who styled herself to look like Natalie (symbolizing King's connection to the wolf house) and Rook is a genius when it comes to the mystic arts (to represent the biggest influencer of his life Pete) but hides it from King at all costs because he doesn't want King to hate him, but Rook and Ace know.

Rook, Ace, and Olive forget about King's birthday and feel guilty so they beg Rook to send them back ten days to fix things. King almost catching the three mid ritual causes Rook to mess up the spell and actually send them back ten years rather than ten days.

I'm guessing the timeframe to be around My life as a Teenaged Squirrel

I might pick it up if I get stuck or when I get around to finally writing my own things again, but I don't mind anyone else picking it up as long as I get credited for the idea.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be a really cool story to do and it would be very nice to see what the pups reactions to King being a human would be! Hope that the member who decides to do it actually does it justice!
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Idea: Instead of Joel going along with the kidnapping of Fox, he draws comparison between the pets that kidnapped him and what he and the driver were about to do, so he decides not to go through with it because he doesn't was to be able to draw comparisons between the pets that kidnapped him and himself.
Timeframe: Sinister Shadow arc
It might have been done, but I didn't search for it. It would still be interesting to see how it would turn out in the long run.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Zesortinge wrote:Idea: Instead of Joel going along with the kidnapping of Fox, he draws comparison between the pets that kidnapped him and what he and the driver were about to do, so he decides not to go through with it because he doesn't was to be able to draw comparisons between the pets that kidnapped him and himself.
It might have been done, but I didn't search for it. It would still be interesting to see how it would turn out in the long run.
A couple things I can think of right off the bat:
1. no King
2. Pete would (again) have to find a new avatar.
Maybe some kind of conflict between Joel and the other PETA guy, leading them to be found out sooner. This would also potentially mean the other PETA guy's shady obedience school never gets opened and there is no attempt on Keene's life, nullifying the character growth from The 4 Animals You Meet in Heaven through Temple Crashers 2. And with no King, the whole Cosmic Nerds storyline gets heavily altered; maybe Pete or Dragon come put on top instead of both loosing, which of course has major repercussions throughout the whole comic.

On a different note, I've noticed most of the fanfics here are within the same timeframe of the comic, which makes sense, or a bit into the future. I'd like to see something set further in the past; maybe not quite as far as Housepets 5000 BC, but maybe something during the age of empires. What with how the majority of animals are sapient in this setting, with pawed animals being bipedal and more hominid, it'd be interesting how this affected the development of the world. Something in classical Rome, Greece, China, etc. Mongols might make for something interesting with the sapient horses.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing how sentient animals in the past of the setting were reacted to and how history changed because of them myself.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing how sentient animals in the past of the setting were reacted to and how history changed because of them myself.
From what littlecweve seen and been told, animals and humans came up together sapient. So there wasn't a real reaction moment there. Humans were just the first that developed a general idea to plan.

It would be 8interesting to see how animals might have changed events in history. Like mice rescuing Marie Antoinette from her fate, or Navaho code talkers working with coyotes who use their own species language to pass codes around a battlefield
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote:Here's an idea I've been messing around with but never actually got the time to work on. However, since I get bored during car rides I am able to think up of a few major and minor details

The story goes that King's pups have matured and are about the same age King and everybody else was during the Heaven's not enough arc. They each take after the three biggest influences on King's life. Olive is a no-nonsense rookie K-9 officer (even sporting Fox's bomber jacket as a hand-me-down) Ace (still barely talking) is a punk rocker who styled herself to look like Natalie (symbolizing King's connection to the wolf house) and Rook is a genius when it comes to the mystic arts (to represent the biggest influencer of his life Pete) but hides it from King at all costs because he doesn't want King to hate him, but Rook and Ace know.

Rook, Ace, and Olive forget about King's birthday and feel guilty so they beg Rook to send them back ten days to fix things. King almost catching the three mid ritual causes Rook to mess up the spell and actually send them back ten years rather than ten days.

I'm guessing the timeframe to be around My life as a Teenaged Squirrel

I might pick it up if I get stuck or when I get around to finally writing my own things again, but I don't mind anyone else picking it up as long as I get credited for the idea.
This could be interesting. Could be when they learn that their father was originally human. Or they'd want to help improve his life, but realize that the consequences could be long-lasting. You could go the usual "we still need to make sure he and mom get together," or just a new timeline.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna see their reactions to learning that they have another human grandfather who is the COMPLETE opposite of Grandpa Bill.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

CuriousCnidarian wrote:
Zesortinge wrote:Idea: Instead of Joel going along with the kidnapping of Fox, he draws comparison between the pets that kidnapped him and what he and the driver were about to do, so he decides not to go through with it because he doesn't was to be able to draw comparisons between the pets that kidnapped him and himself.
A couple things I can think of right off the bat:
1. no King
2. Pete would (again) have to find a new avatar.
Maybe some kind of conflict between Joel and the other PETA guy, leading them to be found out sooner. This would also potentially mean the other PETA guy's shady obedience school never gets opened and there is no attempt on Keene's life, nullifying the character growth from The 4 Animals You Meet in Heaven through Temple Crashers 2. And with no King, the whole Cosmic Nerds storyline gets heavily altered; maybe Pete or Dragon come put on top instead of both loosing, which of course has major repercussions throughout the whole comic.
I am now thinking of what would happen if Joel managed to fall in love with Bailey even though he would be human.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Let's not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I liked Buster's idea that if Joel ended up staying human, he would adopt a dog who would take King's place. He would end up being with Bailey and Joel would be the grandfather of the pups.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Idea: A cat decides to create the perfect disguise of a dog and starts to date Bino to play a prank on him but winds up falling in love with him.
Timeframe: Right after Sasha dumps Bino
Make it if you want to.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only hope that Bino feels the same way at the end of it or else its not gonna go really great... :?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Idea: A employee's first day on the office and the instant he walks in the door, he notices a coin which he shouldn't have picked up just then. Now as a animal, (thinking my main character a cat but yours may vary if you decide to run with this) he must go through his life and work in typical Work Com fashion trying to survive things like bosses of all stripes, coworkers of all variety, office sports and games of many genres, and generally trying his hardest to climb up the corporate ladder.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So it would just be the people in the office who are transformed and nobody else? Or would it only be him who was transformed. How would the people who don't work they and didn't get affected react to an office full of animals?

That's right. I ask the hard questions. :P
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

I'm guessing there will be animals there but there are a handful of humans who didn't pick up the coin. Whenever they try to get rid of the coin it always comes back, waiting for the next shmuck to pick it up.

But that's just me dayzee. There will be token humans.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When they do get rid of the coin, you saying it comes back will you mean it comes back to that office or appears somewhere else where unsuspecting humans can pick it up?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:When they do get rid of the coin, you saying it comes back will you mean it comes back to that office or appears somewhere else where unsuspecting humans can pick it up?
It appears in the offices where humans pick it up. Also, it can multiply to appear in may offices.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would it appear in the SAME office or teleport to a DIFFERENT office?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

So... would it be like the office but with animals?
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Honestly, I completely forgot this thread existed until I looked through my first posts on the forum. Re-posting an idea I put in the general chat thread.
CuriousCnidarian wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 am I've never been much one for writing things - my creativity died sometime in my sophomore year of high school - but the other night at like 2am this idea came to me for some kind of fan writing that I could throw in the Fan Projects board. I'm probably not going to end up doing anything with it, but I wanted to put it down somewhere in case I change my mind. Maybe get some thoughts on it, who knows.

Inspired by some of the letters soldiers would write home to their loved ones in the Civil War, I had the idea to tell a story through the lens of such letters. Maybe of some regiment or group sent off to fight, and whoever their fighting managed to utilize/weaponize some of that cursed gold unbeknownst to the narrator(s), which starts out as a little-believed rumor that eventually becomes all too real. I've got a couple of ideas for scenes/letters already, but major plot details still aren't settled, e.g. who would they be fighting? Some sort of animal uprising? Would it actually be during the Civil War? If so, which side is it following? If it IS Civil War or shortly thereafter, it might be able to tie in some of the "Confederate Gold" myth; the other side has to have gotten their hands of that cursed gold somehow.

Anyway, just some thoughts and ideas I wanted to get down/share before I forget, even though, as I said, I'm not likely to do anything with them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It does actually sound like a good idea and someone should definitely try to write it! I would be interested in reading it!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Isn't this thread duplicative of another already active in the forum? Guess it doesn't really matter - good ideas deserve repetition.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

(Reposting from the Write like a Writer thread, just to remind myself of the Kangaroo Fan Series that will take place in the Housepets! Universe)

What you're looking at is "K.O." Katy Kangaroo. (Art by Bud The Wolf on Deviantart) I am planning on writing a Transformed Hero Story where one wishing well coin transformed a person who have just played the Kangaroo Arcade Game and uses the coin to be Katy Kangaroo. Hence as soon as the smegpost of a wish is made, and he is reincarnated into a Female Kangaroo, specifically that of Katy Kangaroo as if she evolved throughout a hyperbole franchise of installments throughout the video game generations.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Probably would have been best to put it here from the start. The Write like a Writer thread is more for asking for advice.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Peanut makes first contact with aliens. Some.... weird stuff ensues.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

I guess I'm bumping this thread to discuss ideas for my Fan works, but I'll credit ideas where credit is due.

In the Christmas times, Keene Milton's conglomerate empire have a series of Mall Santas to discuss and advertise. Olive, Ace and Rook states that their dad would like a different job and they want a Jack In The Box.

Just one thing for each. Turns out what they got instead is their King
Dad spearheading his own Jack In The Box franchise and what's more, a celestial bureaucrar by the courtesy of "Red Tape" is giving them all a hard time.

So this the Housepets! And "Jack In The Box International" equivalent of "Applejack's Bar by Alaborn" as king rolls with the punches to at least give service with a smile while putting up with this cosmic screwball which is his life.

Oh, And Jack's willing to authorize trophy customizations to give king something to aspire for. (Like a Pac-Man Pixel Bash Coin-op. No, you can't play Ms. Pac-Man on one of those unless it's set to Freeplay.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That does sound like it could be a nice idea. Though probably more suited for a Christmas fanfic in my opinion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 pm That does sound like it could be a nice idea. Though probably more suited for a Christmas fanfic in my opinion.
Never too early to get Santa's list ready..... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is true and Christmas in July actually exists in some places to me I feel like it would be a little too soon. But then again, for some reason I remember Christmas 2020 like it was yesterday as NOTHING eventful happened.
gforce

Post by gforce »

This is just my own personal opinion, but we need more fanfics with Dallas. I don’t think he’s gotten enough attention; we have CanzetYote’s fic but as far as I know that’s about it.
That sounded better in my head
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I have him as a minor character in mine, but yeah, I am all for our adorable Dalmatian getting a starring role.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be really nice to see also and I would endorse it! It does sound like it would be really cool!
gforce

Post by gforce »

Apparently Grape has a diary according to a sketch Rick did in 2018 and it’s entirely possible that Sabrina might’ve read it when she wasn’t looking. I kinda wanna see a fic delving into that.
That sounded better in my head
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

How about a story about the life of a seeing eye dog? How often s/he guide his/her blind owner and if s/he can interact with other pets when s/he's off duty?

Or a paraplegic dog? Can the wheelchair be modified from a literal wheelchair to a form where s/he walk on his/her forelegs?

Or a cat becoming an astronaut? Maybe that was done before but I'm not sure.

Or a weird situation where dogs became cats and cats became dogs? :lol:
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would really enjoy seeing the second one since it sounds like the pets would lose it. Especially Bino at becoming a cat now that I think of it. :lol:
88superguy

Post by 88superguy »

ill think about it...
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 am I would really enjoy seeing the second one since it sounds like the pets would lose it. Especially Bino at becoming a cat now that I think of it. :lol:
Maybe it would give Bino an appreciation of being a cat, and if transformed back start mending his ways towards felines. Or not.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller