Housepets! Hunger Games

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

D-Rock

Re: Housepets! Hunger Games

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed. You’re the one making these projections, Dayzee.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hunger games just brings the homicidal out of folks, I guess .... ulp. :cry:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey if you have any sort of issue with it then just ignore it. I'm enjoying this because I like making lists. I see no harm in it. If it insults you that much don't look at it.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just, saying, it just seems that you’re simply riling yourself up with your own writings and saying it’s part of the original plot. :|
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wasn't getting myself riled up. I was just pointing it out in order to sort of add it to the plot. You know, like Hagus adds things and then reacts to them?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Dayzee, that was kinda one of the reasons we asked you to tone down on the death descriptions in the first place. If you're getting disturbed by your own description, you only have yourself to blame. Don't get snippy with D-Rock and Hagus. They're responding to your characterization of Tarot's death as particularly "brutal and violent"
On that note, I would like to make it clear that if the extra descriptions of character deaths are bothering anyone, we do invite that feedback and we can ask that the descriptions be toned down or stopped. If it's taking the fun out of it, it doesn't need to be here. And if it's cool, then let it continue
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wasn't getting snippy when I posted that. I was simply trying to explain. Hagus has some actions that happen in-game and then he responds to them. I am asking why I can't also do the same thing? If it is because I over-exaggerated her death then, I get it and I will no longer emphasis that.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

To be fair, I respond to the events in this because I’m the one who runs this thing. I don’t mind you posting the deaths in a list, it actually makes it easier to keep track of the deaths. I just think you should tone down the brutality of some of the deaths. If it isn’t explicitly stated in the death, it is up to people’s imaginations on how a character got eliminated. It’s perfectly ok to voice your own imagination of how it went down as long as it isn’t too brutal. And like Obbl said, if anyone has an issue with a specific death, please feel free to speak up! I actually will be removing the suicide deaths for next season because it’s a lame way to go out and too dark for what I’m trying to go for here.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Alright then. I will tone them down significantly as much as I can. The movie and the game in it itself was incredibly violent so it might be a bit difficult but I will work on it. My issue was that people saying that I was snippy when I wasn't snippy. You can't tell my tone over the internet. Though if I wanted to be snippy, I could.

Then I would immediately remove the post because I felt guilt about it. :ugeek:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 pm Alright then. I will tone them down significantly as much as I can. The movie and the game in it itself was incredibly violent so it might be a bit difficult but I will work on it. My issue was that people saying that I was snippy when I wasn't snippy. You can't tell my tone over the internet. Though if I wanted to be snippy, I could.

Then I would immediately remove the post because I felt guilt about it. :ugeek:
Nobody being able to tell my tone over the internet has actually helped me A LOT lately. 🙃
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The 21st century internet has dramatically revolutionized mis-communication. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No doubt about that and its not so good. Also, it doesn't help that I tend to take a lot of stuff as an attack when its not because I'm really sensitive. >_<
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Folks do rib each other from time to time on this forum, but there's not a lot of vitriol eruptions. Sometimes, what's meant to be kidding does get a little sharp; we live in cantankerous times. If you're not sure, take a pass.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is what I am gonna start doing.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

These two haven't interacted throughout this entire season. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a rift in their relationship :P

Sabrina and Jess. Both strong, smart, and untrusting. They're both probably afraid the other is gonna attack them in their sleep!

Peanut: I'm seeing double...
Aran: I get that a lot
Cat Joey: Who are you?
Aran: Aran.
Cat Joey: Aran Ryan?
Aran: No, Long Lost Cousin Aran.
Cat Joey: Cousin to who?
Aran: I-ok its a long story.

Yelstin will be fine, he's strong :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmm, someone is giving out goodies to Cerberus and Marvin.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice to see that a B-Character like Marvin after all of this time is getting some more love. <3
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wow, that situation with Peanut sounds like a trip.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’d be questioning my sanity if I had Duchess as a girlfriend as well. Poor Marion & Bailey.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The fact that he hasn't done it before is just astonishing.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:23 pm The fact that he hasn't done it before is just astonishing.
Too many blows to the head. Or not enough.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would be hoping it is not enough because Fox is usually the one that deals the blows and if he were to learn that it is because of them that Bino isn't realizing that he doesn't have to put up with Duchess it probably will be just another thing to feel guilty about for him.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Let's kick off day 6 by checking in on the three brothers that we all know and love!
Reminds me of that scene from Castaway

....ok so there's only 2 brothers now but thats ok!

GUYS THE BERRIES ARE OUT FOR BLOOD :shock:

That is quite the alliance. Duchess seems kinda misplaced, she doesn't contribute anything to the group but I guess she convinced them somehow!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I feel like Hagus jinxed Bino by saying that knowing that one of the brothers would end up getting killed off and further satisfying his sadistic streak. :twisted:

Anyway, that's another death.

Steward – Drowned by Cory
Terrence – Stabbed by Pete
Dallas – Broken neck after a fall out of a tree
Kitsune – Crushed when Dallas fell on him
Mungo – Strangled by Lester
Tiger – Burned alive by Sasha
Spot (Superdog) – Poisoned with manchineel apples by Jasper
Res – Stabbed by Karishad
Duke – Skull fracture after a fall out of a tree
Concord – Electrocuted when trying to get around the electrified force field of the arena
Karishad – Suicide by slitting his wrists
Sasha – Suicide by throwing herself into a pond
Delusional Steve – Internal injuries from an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Fox – Crushed by debris that collapsed on him as the result of an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Zach – Impaled by debris as the result of an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Lester – Bludgeoned with a log used in a fire by Cory
Boris – Strangled with a rope by Chauncey
Kevin – Skull smashed against a large rock by Marvin
Four Finger Discount Jack – Shot with an arrow by Bailey
Lois – Accidentally blown up with a landmine
North Star – Hypothermia due to exposure from the elements
Pete – Accidentally ingested a drink laced with ricin meant for Marvin
Chauncey – Drowned in the sea trying to escape the island
King – Bludgeoned with a heavy rock flung in a slingshot by Jasper
Tarot – Beaten to death by Deevee Sanchez and Joey
Bino – Poisoned after accidentally eating yew berries thinking they were edible

We had a yew bush in our backyard growing up and its a wonder that we as dumb kids didn't eat them and die. If anybody is wondering, these are yew berries.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Duchess contributes fear, haughter, loathing, and treachery - always useful in a game like this!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 am Duchess contributes fear, haughter, loathing, and treachery - always useful in a game like this!
Money, too, in the HP! universe at least she, (well, her family) seems to be pretty wealthy.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 am Duchess contributes fear, haughter, loathing, and treachery - always useful in a game like this!
Money, too, in the HP! universe at least she, (well, her family) seems to be pretty wealthy.
True - I've always thought a good story might lie in some kind of a financial competition between her and the Miltons.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That would make an interesting story, I’ve always thought that the ferrets as, eccentric as they are were generally harmless, and their projects for Babylon Gardens seemed to have the interests of the pets at heart. Duchess on the other paw, her with power is a frightening concept. I’d have it resolved by Gale (either hired by the Miltons or doing it on her own) investigating Duchess’s family and finding malfeasance, and threatening to expose it unless Duchess backs down.

One idea of the alliance with Duchess could be the idea of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. The others can keep their eyes on Duchess easier if they are together.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am That would make an interesting story, I’ve always thought that the ferrets as, eccentric as they are were generally harmless, and their projects for Babylon Gardens seemed to have the interests of the pets at heart. Duchess on the other paw, her with power is a frightening concept. I’d have it resolved by Gale (either hired by the Miltons or doing it on her own) investigating Duchess’s family and finding malfeasance, and threatening to expose it unless Duchess backs down.

One idea of the alliance with Duchess could be the idea of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. The others can keep their eyes on Duchess easier if they are together.
I like the idea of involving Gale (maybe Terrance and the K9 investigators, too). And, since its Duchess, Bino and his bunch (Boris, Rex, Yeltsin, Griswold) with a feral or two as well.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Pretty typical happenings for the games.

Aaaaaaand there goes Max! Not much to say about this one, I think Cory really wants the win :D

Marvin is preparing but I'm not sure how much good that will do against Cory's sword.

If I were Deevee I would run too

Now if that isn't the deadliest alliance we've seen yet I'm not sure what is!

Keene and Breel still separated, they don't seem to be working together very well :?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Pretty slow goings here, though yeah, Cory seems to be quite offensive-minded.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm Pretty typical happenings for the games.
Someone out there is simping for Sabrina, lol. ;)
Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm Aaaaaaand there goes Max! Not much to say about this one, I think Cory really wants the win :D
That was bloody, horrifying and made Cory all the more terrifying.
Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm Marvin is preparing but I'm not sure how much good that will do against Cory's sword.
What if he's not going after Cory, tho?
Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm If I were Deevee I would run too.
Yikes. :shock:
Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm Now if that isn't the deadliest alliance we've seen yet I'm not sure what is!
Well, I won't be sleeping very well tonight. :(
Hagus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm Keene and Breel still separated, they don't seem to be working together very well :?
Husband/Wife (or in this case, Marten and Ferret) teams never work out. :lol: :oops:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice to see that Cory is branching out in how he kills people to try to win this game. :P So far he has drowned, bludgeoned and now decapitated. :mrgreen:

Steward – Drowned by Cory
Terrence – Stabbed by Pete
Dallas – Broken neck after a fall out of a tree
Kitsune – Crushed when Dallas fell on him
Mungo – Strangled by Lester
Tiger – Burned alive by Sasha
Spot (Superdog) – Poisoned with manchineel apples by Jasper
Res – Stabbed by Karishad
Duke – Skull fracture after a fall out of a tree
Concord – Electrocuted when trying to get around the electrified force field of the arena
Karishad – Suicide by slitting his wrists
Sasha – Suicide by throwing herself into a pond
Delusional Steve – Internal injuries from an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Fox – Crushed by debris that collapsed on him as the result of an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Zach – Impaled by debris as the result of an explosion set off by Long Lost Cousin Aran
Lester – Bludgeoned with a log used in a fire by Cory
Boris – Strangled with a rope by Chauncey
Kevin – Skull smashed against a large rock by Marvin
Four Finger Discount Jack – Shot with an arrow by Bailey
Lois – Accidentally blown up with a landmine
North Star – Hypothermia due to exposure from the elements
Pete – Accidentally ingested a drink laced with ricin meant for Marvin
Chauncey – Drowned in the sea trying to escape the island
King – Bludgeoned with a heavy rock flung in a slingshot by Jasper
Tarot – Beaten to death by Deevee Sanchez and Joey
Bino – Poisoned after accidentally eating yew berries thinking they were edible
Max – Decapitated with a sword by Cory
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cory's a versatile lad, ain't he?
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Man, all original cast members. How sad :cry:

One member left in each of the first three districts! Which will last the longest?

I wouldn't have guessed Marvin would be the last man standing, but here we are! The wolves are doing decent as well!

I SWEAR Joey and that cat are related. Somehow. Maybe I'm losing my mind. Am I crazy?

District 11 is DOMINATING right now! Aran has 3 kills, and Keene and Breel are both alive! They got a good chance at winning!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Naw, Bailey brings it home!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would be a good idea if Peanut, Bailey and Fido all formed an alliance so that way they might be able to make it to the final three.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and bring Cory in ... so they can make him DEAD! That skunk's dangerous!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though if they bring him in, he might end up killing THEM! :shock:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:33 pm Though if they bring him in, he might end up killing THEM! :shock:
Ah, risks must be taken!