Resurgemus

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Resurgemus

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can I give you two with one going towards Fox? I came up with a character especially for him.

Oh, and I hope after Bino becomes K-9 he will be muscular. xD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sure, it would be nice for Fox to get a girl too. Bino will be pretty buff, he isn't going into the K-9s but he is joining the Search and Rescue team, and he'll be training with Max, Fox, and Kevin.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is he also gonna be involved in the great pie fight? 8-)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Probably.

Chapter 19 Making up is easy to do, but don't insult you cousin's cooking

The cat and dogs turned to see Terrance one of Fido's fellow officers and Duchess's housemate standing nearby. With Terrance was Fox and Fox's good friend King the corgi. All three looked impressed wit the way the foursome had handled the dogs. Max could see Bino start to back up down the sidewalk. The dog didn't get along with Fox or King and he seemed to want to escape. Suddenly, Bino stopped and took a deep breath, and approached the husky and corgi.

"Guys, I probably have no right to ask this, but can you ever forgive me for how I treated you both? I was awful to both of you and I am sorrier than you can ever know. I know I probably don't deserve your forgiveness, but I ask for it anyway. I promise you that i will be better. I won't be perfect, but I will try and treat you both with the respect you deserve." Bino said

King and Fox stared at Bino as if seeing a completely different dog. Fox looked at King and King looked back at Fox. For what seemed like forever, nobody spoke and Max said a prayer that Bino's words had some impact. At long last it was King who stepped forward and reached up to shake Bino's paw. Fox folowed suit and the husky's handshake turned into a hug as Bino stated to cry a little. After Bino had recovered his composure he looked at the two dogs.

"You forgive me?" Bino was shocked

"Yeah." Fox said, "I think you really do want to change, and Bino, I am so sorry about your father. "

"If anyone knows about second chances, it's me." King said, "And what the howl, anyone who can stand up to and insult Duchess like that can't be all bad. "

"I'll have to write some of those zingers down." Terrance said as he joined the group, "You have my sympathy and friendship as well, Bino, so do you, Max, and Joey. And my condolences on the loss of your father and uncle." Terrance shook paws with Bino, Max, and Joey.

"Thanks, Terrance." Max said, "I want to ask you something, and you too, Fox, what do you think about Bino, Joey and me joining the K-9s?"

"Well, if you guys can handle Duchess, I think you can handle most criminals," Terrance said, "The criminals' manners are generally much better."

"I'd be honored to serve with all three of you," Fox said, "though Bino's record of stealing that pacifier might be hard to overcome. Don't get me wrong, Bino, I believe you're a changed dog, but I don't know if Ralph would make an exception. "

"Do you know the search and rescue team still looking for a member?" Fido asked, "I know they wouldn't care about Bino's offense, as it was nonviolent."

"I believe they are." Fox said

"I'd actually like to be a search and rescue dog." Bino said, "What the howl, I know everyone's scent so I might as well put my knowledge to good use,"

"You have changed." Fox said smiling

"I just wish it didn't take dad's death to do it." Bino said

"I felt the same way when I made up with Sabrina." Max said, "I wondered why I had been so foolish as to let my hard feelings ruin a relationship with a great cat."

"Oh, that reminds me." Fox said, "Sabrina asked to be in the K-9s as well. As far as I'm concerned she'd make an excellent officer."

"I never thought you'd endorse two cats." Fido said smiling at the husky

"There was a time in my life I wouldn't think of doing so, but now, being friends with Max and Sabrina and knowing their character. I'm proud to do so." Fox said

"Fill out your applications, lads." Terrance said to Max and Joey, "We'd be honored to have you. And, Bino, the search and rescue team would be well served to select you." Now, if you'll excuse me gents, I want to get home before Duchess." With that the British dog walked off, waving to the six animals.

The others continued on towards Joey's home talking about the events of the past couple of days. King and Fox again gave Max, Bino and Joey their condolences. Both Fox and King were angered as the others about the pointlessness of the deaths. As they chatted, Max saw a husky with darker fur than Fox approach the group. He knew it to be King's wife and Fox's cousin, Bailey. Oddly she was carrying a pie. Max had puppysat the couple's pups after assuring them, he had paid off, and was no longer seeing his former bookie.

"Max, hon, I am so sorry about your dad." Bailey said set down the pie as she hugged the cat, "Fox told us all about it. You are so good with the pups. They love your stories and games."

"Thanks, Bailey. You can thank Peanut for the games and stories." Max said as he hugged the husky

"Oh, the poor dear, I'd like to have him and Grape puppysit again, but whenever I call he just starts stammering about four puppies" Bailey said, "I tell him we only have three pups but it doesn't seem to do any good." Bailey said. She then saw he husband, "King, hon, the kids want you to tell them a story tonight."

"Duty calls." King said, he then waved to the others and hurried toward his house, stopping to talk to his wife, who had just hugged Joey and given him her condolences.

Bailey nodded and hugged Bino, adding her forgiveness to Fox's and King's. Bailey added that she was glad that he, Max, Joey, and Fido had told off, 'that wretched saluki'. She walked with the guys towards Joey's home, picking up the pie from where she had set it down before hugging Max, Joey and Bino. As they neared Joey's doghouse Max and Bailey chatted about cooking, while the others talked about 'Game of Recliners' a fantasy series for dogs that all three followed religiously. Standing next to the doghouse , the group heard voices from inside, and Spo and Squeak came out.

"Did you have a good time?" Fido asked as he set Spo on his head

"Yeah." Spo said, "I did, even though she cheated."

"You're just bitter because I won." Squeak said as Joey placed her on his head, she turned to Max and Bino. "Guys I am so sorry about your father. Poor Joey was a wreck. I can't get why someone could be so reckless and hurtful."

"She should get the chair." Spo added from atop Fido's head

"We don't have the electric chair anymore." Fido said

"Well, she should still get it. You kill people like that should pay the price." Spo said

"I agree with that." Squeak said, "C'mon Joey, The movie starts in a half-hour."

As Joey, and Squeak stated off on their date Fido and Spo also headed off for home, with Bino saying that he'd catch up. Fox again gave Bino and Max his sympathy and began to turn toward his own house when his cousin called him back. Fox headed back towards Bailey, and Bino moved over to talk to Max. Bailey began to lightly toss the pie up and down in her paw.

"What's, um, what's with the pie, cuz?" Fox asked

"King told me what you said about my dinner." Bailey said

"Uh-oh" Max thought

"Aw, c'mon cuz, I was just joking." Fox said

"Oh, it was a joke was it? " Bailey was not mollified, "Well, here's what I think of your joke." Bailey than tossed the pie straight at Fox where it splatted right on the husky's face.

"C'mon Foxy let's get you washed off." Bailey said, spent of her anger

"Hold on." Max said, he sampled a bit of the pie which was running down Fox's face. "This is really good. You're being unfair, Fox"

"See?" Bailey said as she led Fox off, "My cooking's isn't bad"

"See ya." Fox said as he went with his cousin

"Well." Max said

"Well." Bino said

"Love you Bino." Max said as he embraced his brother

"Love you too, Max." Bino said embracing Max, "You'll excuse me but it's been a big day, I just want to rest up."

"Of course. Have a good rest, bro." Max said, and then he and Bino headed to their separate homes.
Last edited by trekkie on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will send you a PM of the two characters and what their personalities as well as the facts are about them.

Really did enjoy what you did with this chapter! Just tell me when I can help you set up the pie fight. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I will send you a PM of the two characters and what their personalities as well as the facts are about them.

Really did enjoy what you did with this chapter! Just tell me when I can help you set up the pie fight. XD

Pie fights can solve so much. And, besides, who'd want to try and bite into a cannonball?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You would have given me an idea of what to do to Duchess, but then I realized I didn't want to KILL her.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I've already given you my praise, but I must say this is a great chapter. And there's the first pie victim -- may there be many more :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In the future it probably would be best if you designated what flavor it was so I could get a feeling of the mess. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Blueberry, no doubt.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that when I go back to read it, since trekkie so rudely deigned to say the flavor of the pie LOL, that it was cherry since it tends to almost always be cherry.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

The next might be a cream pie of some kind, I some dialogue written to that effect.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I volunteer a chocolate cream pie because it is a LOT more embarrassing as well as very messy.

Like I said in the PM, bonus points if Fox is wearing his bomber jacket or K-9 uniform. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I might use banana cream, I don’t know if Fox is allergic to chocolate, but I will keep chocolate pie in mind for the pie fight near the end.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When I said chocolate, I meant dog-safe chocolate because unlike Sean, I wanna keep Fox alive and well. Just embarrass him as much as I can. XD

I still wanna help out with the pie fight so how close we getting?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote:I might use banana cream, I don’t know if Fox is allergic to chocolate, but I will keep chocolate pie in mind for the pie fight near the end.

Oh wow! A seven-course pie fight !? And no pop-tarts, either! ("What if you got hit with a corner? - You'll put someone's eye out!!")
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me it will be more than 7-flavors that got flung.

Just keep on reminding trekkie I need to help. :geek:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

One note, Marion and Lois are the two final new members for the K-9 squad, Marion’s agility and Lois’s strength aiding them in their duties as K-9s. This also counts as their jobs in the ECP. On a personal note, I like them both as characters, and I believe that their former lives as humans prove useful to the K-9s.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

With all of the members of the K-9 Unit you are adding, I am gonna need a lot more pies.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

We’ll just make sure none of the pies have tree nuts so Marion is safe.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Maybe you can make a extra-small pie just for him? :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might just end up using a cupcake. :ugeek:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Cupcake would be good, or maybe a small tart. Also, I apologize for not putting up the next part sooner, but the holidays just killed my momentum. The next chapter will be up this weekend, at the latest. I also wanted to see if Lois and Marion would remain in their animal form.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A small tart would be too big. I've seen small tarts and it would be a full body splat for him. I was kind of saving something like that for someone else. 8-)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I'll leave decisions about the pies in your capable hands, Dayzee, just make sure there is a Key Lime among them.

Chapter 20 Sweet Home Sandwich

When Max got home, (it was still strange thinking of the Sandwich house as home) he found Grape and Peanut snuggled together on the couch watching a black and white game show. Good he thought they could use some time together.. He made his way carefully past them and into the kitchen where his mother was reading. Max knocked on the door frame and Jill looked up from her book, which was Ethics and standards of Real Estate /i].

"Hi, mom." Max said , "Reading up on real estate?"

"Hello, hon, come in and sit down if you'd like," Jill said, "Yes, I'm going back into real estate. I worked as a real estate agent before we adopted Grape and Peanut, and I've kept my license as an agent active. I'm thinking about going back to work."

"Go for it, mom." Max said, "I know I haven't been your cat for very long, but I think you'll do great."

"Thanks, dear." Jill said, " That's sweet of you to say. How did it go with Bino?"

"It went well, actually." Max said, "Let's see, Bino was dumped by Duchess and he quit the club. Bino made up with me, Joey, Fido, Fox, Bailey and King. Bailey hit Fox with a pie, and we made friends with Terrance a K-9 who lives with Duchess, poor guy."

"What kind of pie was it?" Jill asked

"Uh, dog-safe chocolate cream with mint. " Max answered

"Sounds yummy. You had a busy morning . Would you like a snack or some lunch?" Jill asked

"Yes, thank you." Max said "I'll have some kibble and water. Can i have it in my room? I want to watch some movies and I don't want to disturb Grape and Peanut. Oh, by the way I'll be staying in for the rest of the day so you don't have to worry about me being out in the storms."

"That's no problem, hon, just be neat. Thank you for telling me that you are staying in. By the way we are having fried fish for dinner with coleslaw and salad. Don't worry I'll remember to leave out the carrots in the coleslaw and the salad." Jill said

"Sounds good." Max said, "I'll just get my kibble and water and be out of your hair."

After grabbing the kibble and water, Max made his way to his bedroom and plugged in his cell phone. He placed the bowl of kibble on the bedside table and sat on the bed. After watching two rather hilariously cheap kung-fu movies, Max went to the kitchen for a refill of kibble and water, and upon returning to his room decided to write some Pridelands fanfiction. He was writing in a notebook, when he heard his cell phone chime. Looking at the caller ID he saw it was Bino and Max answered the phone.

"Hey, bro." Max said, "What's up?"

"A couple of things." Bino said, "I wanted to thank you, for being there when i dealt with Duchess and made up with Fox and King. I really felt more confident with by brothers there."

"No problem," Max said, "I'm glad you saw the light about Duchess, and that you made up with Fox and King."

"It took me long enough to realize Duchess was bad for me." Bino said, "Now, Max, I have some news that is not very pleasant. According to Fido, who heard it from Sergeant Ralph the girl who hit dad was released on bail. The bail was one-hundred thousand dollars which seems low, all things considered. I know this isn't the best nes to hear but I figured you deserved to know."

"Thanks, Bino not good news, but I'm glad you told me. One-hundred thousand dollars does seem rather low considering the crash killed six people, but what can you do? Hopefully she'll stay away from alcohol and cars while she is out on bail and bot create any more victims." Max said

"Hopefully." Bino agreed, "Fido did say her license was suspended and she has to wear a tracking device, to make sure she doesn't flee I guess. I asked if they could attach my old shock collar to it but no such luck."

"Too bad, " Max said, "She deserves it more than you ever did."

"Eh, I don't know i was acting up, a lot. " Bino said, "Dad did apologize for misplacing the remote though. Now, one of us is going have to give a eulogy at dad's funeral. i was going to read his favorite poems, but I could do the eulogy if you'd like."

"No, I'll do the eulogy. I know how much you love poetry. You know its weird, how much has happened this week. I miss dad so much, and even though he's not here, I can't help feeling that he is proud of us. We've reconciled, you saw the light about Duchess and reconciled with Fido. I've reconciled with Sabrina. I hope we can be a fitting tribute to his memory."

"Me too." Bino said, "Now, if you'll excuse me I want to talk to Fido some more, he and I haven't been this close since we were pups. Also we're having an early dinner of steak with Sabrina and you know how much I like steak."

"Indeed I do, second only to poetry, as I remember." Max said, "Love you, Bino have a good night and enjoy your meal."

"Love you too, Max, I will, have a good night." Bino said and hung up.

After hanging up, Max went to the kitchen where Jill was shredding cabbage for the coleslaw. Being careful not to disturb her he put his bowl and glass in the sink and walked out into the living room where Grape and Peanut were watching young people hop about in a curious fashion. Grape and Peanut wren't snuggled together this time, but just side by side. At Peanut's invitation, max joined the pair sitting next to Peanut.

"What are we watching?" Max asked

"Some lousy movie with bad music and worse acting." Peanut said, "Its horrible yet you just can't look away."

"How did it go with Bino, Maxie?" Grape asked

"Very well, thank you,, " Max said, "He made up with me, Joey, Fido, King, Fox, and Bailey. He quit the club and was dumped by Duchess but he is taking it very well. Bailey hit Fox with a pie, he and i made friends with Terrance a K-9 who is unfortunate enough to live with Duchess."

"What kind of pie was it, Maxie?" Grape asked

"Mom asked that same question," Max said, "it was a dog-safe chocolate cream with mint."

"We like pies in this house." Grape stated

For a while the three housemates watched the show occasionally making jokes as to the lousiness of the acting and music, After the movie ended , they watched a cooking show about chicken, and an old game show. After the game show ended Jill came in and asked the animals to set the table. As they did so, Max was captivated by the smells of the fish and the vinegary coleslaw. He smiled. Both he and Bino had good homes and they had reconciled with each other. He knew he'd enjoy his meal and he hoped that Bino enjoyed his every bit as much.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Very sweet, it's always nice to see Max and Bino being good brothers. BIG yikes that the girl got bail though, I didn't even know such a crime could have a bail at all :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will get on the pie scene right away then so you have an idea on who gets hit and how messy it is. XD

Nice chapter by the way! Though I said that Bailey hit Fox with a blueberry pie.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

This has been a brilliant fanfic so far! I'm actually proud of Max and Bino for handling these events s well!(Is it weird for me to be proud of fictional characters?)
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:BIG yikes that the girl got bail though, I didn't even know such a crime could have a bail at all :?
To be honest, I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of her...
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have sort of a feeling that said whiny spoiled brat is actually pretty affluent and might try to use that as a defense.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments, and yes, we have not heard the last of the girl who killed Jeff. FoxyBoi: I'd say its fine to be proud of fictional characters.

Chapter 21 Dinner, dessert, and making plans

After setting the utensils and napkins on the table, Max, Peanut and Grape washed up and set out the food. They set the fried fish(flounder) in the middle of the table and put the coleslaw and salad on either side of the fish. Jill had also made biscuits and the animals set those out as well as butter and hot sauce, ketchup, and mustard for the fish. They then set out the plates, just as Earl arrived home, he hugged his family and went to go change and wash up for dinner. After doing so, Earl made the plates for the animals and poured each of them a glass of water. After saying grace, the family happily ate their dinner.

"This coleslaw is very good, mom." Max said, " Dad and restaurants always made it a little too sweet for my taste."

"It is good." Grape said as she tried a forkful, " Is this a new recipe?"

"Thanks kids, yes, I had some cabbage to use up and this was the highest rated coleslaw recipe on the site that I use." Jill said

"I can taste why, " Peanut said as he tried some, "this is amazing."

What do you think, dear?" Jill asked her husband

"I agree with the kids, Jill. This is a good recipe, you'll have to save it." Earl said

"Thanks , guys, " Jill said, "I've said it before but I am so glad my family is easy to please. Anyone want to clean up and get plates for dessert?"

"I'll do it," Max said, "Do you want me to put the plates and stuff in the sink?"

"Yes, that would be fine, dear." Jill said

"I'll help Max." Grape said and the two cats proceeded to clear the dirty dishes.

After the cats brought out the small dessert plates, Jill brought out a pound cake and Earl sliced it and gave everyone a piece. The pound cake was also found to be delicious and the family talked about the events of the day. Max told the Sandwiches about how Bino had reconciled with, him Fido, Joey, and Fox, and how the four of them had affirmed their brotherhood and their love for each other. Max also told about how he and Bino had made friends with Terrance and told off Duchess. Max also told his family about the girl who killed his father being bailed out of jail, and that made everyone at the table angry. To lighten the mood the animals shared the idiocy of the movie and some particularly idiotic answers on the game show they watched. Jill told her family about her plans to go back into real estate and was encouraged to make those plans a reality. Earl told about his day at the garage, there were no jerk customers this time, in fact a customer had thanked him multiple times for fixing their SUV.

After dinner, Jill and Earl watched the state news and Max and Grape helped Peanut with his Spot(Superdog) comics so that they wouldn't have to hear about and thus be aggravated by human misdeeds. After the news the three animals joined their parents to watch TV. Finding nothing on TV, the family decided to watch some of Earl's Get Smart DVDs, they watched four episodes, during which the storms arrived. Jill and Earl comforted the frightened animals as they watched, and after the storms subsided, and watching the weather to make sure that there were no other storms the animals retired to bed. Jill went to the bedroom to read and Earl watched a DVD of a baseball game. After it ended he turned out the lights, made sure his animals were safe in their beds and joined Jill in their bedroom.

"When I was over at Jeff's I found plans for a crawfish boil and barbecue he was planning on giving Max for staying off catnip." Earl told Jill

"Well, Max certainly deserves a reward for staying off catnip. I don't know, though, i hope this doesn't remind the poor guy too much of his father's death. We don't want to make him too sad." Jill said

"I know, " Earl said, "We'll ask Max if he still wants it, and if he doesn't we'll ask him to come up with an alternate reward."

"He's really doing so well." Jill said, "He's made up with Bino and Sabrina, but I just i feel so angry, that that girl is out on bail. Jeff isn't even buried yet."

"I know," Earl said, "but all we can do is be there for Max, he's a good cat, and I'm glad he is with us."

"We have three great pets." Jill agreed and smiled, "I'm going to ask Max to help me cook. he's cooked for grape, and I've tried the food. It's really good."

"Having two cooks will be good." Earl said, "Is your friend still willing to let you work at her real estate office?'

"Yes. I'm going to start next week." Jill said, "I'm glad no one objected to me working."

"You're going to do great dear." Earl said, and the two turned off their bedside lamps and went to sleep.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is a really nice chapter and I thought it came out really wonderful! Awesome job!
Nathan Kerbonaut

It's just so nice to see all our characters are doing well. Very wholesome chapter, nice job trekkie :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FoxyBoi wrote:This has been a brilliant fanfic so far! I'm actually proud of Max and Bino for handling these events s well!(Is it weird for me to be proud of fictional characters?)
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:BIG yikes that the girl got bail though, I didn't even know such a crime could have a bail at all :?
To be honest, I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of her...
Well, she obviously didn't have Mr. London as her lawyer...…..
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Unfortunately, no.

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I'm glad to see Max taking all this so well.

I'm also mad about that girl getting bail.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FoxyBoi wrote:I'm glad to see Max taking all this so well.

Maybe they put an ankle bracelet on her. Or Kevin. Pretty much the same thing. Either way, step outta line, she gets tackled. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote:
FoxyBoi wrote:I'm glad to see Max taking all this so well.

Maybe they put an ankle bracelet on her. Or Kevin. Pretty much the same thing. Either way, step outta line, she gets tackled. ;)
They did put an ankle bracelet on her. Bino wanted to put his shock old collar on her, but the courts wouldn't allow it.

One again, thanks everyone for reading and for your kind comments.

Chapter 22

Write from the heart even if it is breaking. Also omelettes.

When morning dawned on the Sandwich house, Jill went from room to room opening the shades and windows, she had felt a nice cool breeze when she went to get the paper and decided to turn off the air conditioning and air out the house. When Jill knocked on the door to Max's bedroom she heard muffled crying, and when she entered she saw Max sitting with his head on the pet desk, surrounded by a mound of notebook paper and tissues. The black and gray cat looked up through teary eyes as Jill approached him.

"Max hon, what's the matter?" Jill asked

"I have to write a eulogy for my father and it's just so hard. Everything I come up with just sounds so stupid and inadequate. I mean, i loved dad, but it is just so hard to put my love for him into words. Nothing I write seems good enough to honor him, and I just feel like a horrible ungrateful cat." Max explained as he looked at the tissues and paper on the desk.

"Oh, hon you are being very hard on yourself. You've been through a lot these past couple of days and have handled it very well. We all know that you loved your father, and writing a eulogy his hard for anyone. I'm sure that whatever you write will be more than enough to honor his memory. " Jill said as she hugged Max

"Thanks mom, I appreciate it. It just, I guess writing this just brings back all of the memories of the day he died and all of the things that we'll never get to do together. Uncle Jake, Joey's dad, is giving a eulogy as well, and Bino is reading dad's two favorite poems. I am going to go over to Bino's and Fido's at noon and pick out some pictures and go over some other things." Max said

"Well, I'm sure you two will do fine." Jill said, "i know you both loved your father and I know you will do him proud. By the way hon, i opened your window and turned off the air-conditioning. There is a nice breeze out and I wanted to air out the house. Also, we're having breakfast, I'm making omelettes. You should join us, sometimes it's good to take a break in writing when you are having writing."

"Thanks, for opening my window and I think I will eat, maybe the fresh air and food will do me some good." Max said and followed Jill out of the room, taking a detour to the bathroom, to wipe away the tears and wash the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning, Maxie." Grape said as Max entered the kitchen, "How are you feeling? Mom told us you were upset."

"Well, I have to write this eulogy for dad, which I am struggling with and later I have to meet with Bino to help plan dad's funeral, which is going to be hard. But I have a good relationship with Bino, and I am at peace with dad dying, so i guess i am good overall." Max said as he joined his family

"Eulogies are hard, " Earl said, "it is hard to capture someone's life in just a few pages or less. Just try and tell what you want people to remember about your father and you'll do fine."

"I've never had to write anything like a eulogy," Peanut said, "but in the writing workshops at summer camp they said that sometimes sharing your thoughts with others can help you get through the writing process. So if you need to talk to me aor Grape that's no problem." Peanut said

"Absolutely no problem," Grape said putting he tail around Max comfortingly, "you are a part of our family and we love you, so don't hesitate to come to me or Peanut or mom or dad if you want or need our help we are here for you." Grape said

"Thanks. I love you guys too. We'll go over all that later. For now, let's eat breakfast." Max said looking at his new family appreciatively

One by one the family placed their omelette orders. Grape wanted a corned beef, hashbrown, and mushroom omelette with mozzarella, which Max also ordered. Peanut asked for sausage and mushroom omelette, with no cheese. Earl asked for a cheddar, sausage and red pepper omelette, and Jill cooked herself a vegetable omelette, with peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheddar. Jill went to the kitchen to make breakfast and a little later Max excused himself and joined her.

"Do you want or need any help mom?" Max asked, as she saw Jill getting out the various ingredients

"I'll certainly take some help, dear." Jill said as she smiled at the cat, "If you could measure out the ingredients for each omelette, and put away the things we don't need that would be a big help. It's up to you, of course, i don't want to impose on you."

"No problem.I enjoy cooking, " Max said as he measured out the ingredients for Earl's omelette, "it was one thing dad and I used to do together and I think it brought it closer."

"I know you like cooking dear, Grape brought home some of one of the chicken dishes you made and I was very impressed." Jill said

"Well, thanks, mom, what kind of chicken dish was it?" Max asked

"Chicken in a garlicky, butter sauce." Jill answered, "You'll have to give me the recipe. I was impressed by how you were able to combine the flavors and ingredients."

"Yeah, that was one of dad's favorites too." Max said, and then turned thoughtful, "Combining flavors and ingredients. That's it! Thank you mom, you've just given me the idea for the eulogy."

"No problem, hon." Jill said as she took the ingredients Max had measured out and added them to the pan. "I'm glad i was able to help."

As each omelette was made Max watched in fascination as Jill combined the ingredients. She made it look so easy! Max had not cooked breakfast , as that was his dad's area of expertise, and omelettes had always seemed difficult to the cat. As each was mad and put on a plate, Max took it and the drink, (milk for Grape, orange juice for he and Peanut and coffee for his parents) and placed each in front of the respective family member. Upon receiving the final omelette which happened to be his own, he placed it his place at the table and joined Earl, Grape, and Peanut. Jill then joined the family and they ate after saying grace. Max now felt better, he knew his family loved him and he now knew that he would be a credit to his father's memory. He toossed all doubt from his miand at turned to eat breakfast with his family

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am loving how each chapter which is gonna lead up to the pie fight has turned out! They are all awesome!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

That was certainly an emotional read. You did a wonderful job writing this!
Max is certainly taking this better than I would expect. I'm proud of him.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Wonderful chapter. It's nice how Max is using his love for cooking as a source of strength. I just know that he'll give a great eulogy because he's such a thoughtful guy.