(Meta-fic) Please Stop Letting Grape in Here

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: (Meta-fic) Please Stop Letting Grape in Here

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just going along with what Rocky is putting together since I have no idea how to come up with what is happening myself. DX
Buster
Game Master

Act one, scene eleven: Caesar enters the senate

Post by Buster »

Okay, im guessing you're new to how prank wars work, but having a melt down, storming out, and then kidnapping the other guy's girlfriend is not an appropriate countermove to a catnip bomb.

-Bino

-----

Bino is currently indisposed trying to remove the chicken suit King superglued him into.

-Fido

-----

That's not an alien, king got dunked in green dye and has a pair of tanning goggles stuck to him he can't get off.

-Fido

-----

Hey, can dad and i stay with one of you until the second floor of our house is rebuilt? this is getting a bit out of hand.

-Max

-----

...Okay, i don't think i can top a 'gargoyle air raid'. Where did you even get those?

-Bino

-----

What do you mean your house? you live in the woods! You're a Stray! You don't have a house.

-Bino

-----

It's January fourth! stop shouting happy new year and setting off fireworks every five minutes! that's not how it works!
stupid wolves...

-Bino

-----

So has anybody else noticed the local herbivores and scavengers are acting wierd lately?
usually they just swipe garbage bags, but lately there have been a lot of reports of gardening tools going missing.

-Fido

-----

THERES A VILLAGE OUT IN THE WOODS! WHEN DID THAT GET THERE?!
WHY ARE KINGS GARGOYLES THERE?!

- Fido

-----

Cause i had it built.
Look, if i'm stuck with this name, i may as well live up to it.
Besides, i kinda feel bad for the critters who lived around the temple. The glorified parot was a jerk, but they were still counting on him...

-King
Last edited by Buster on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Oh... King started an isekai. I'd totally watch a show called "That Time I got Reincarnated as a Corgi."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

isekai is a sub genre of fantasy who's core defining element is being stuck in another world.
this is still king's native setting so that label doesn't count.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That prank war is getting out of hand, yikes.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:That prank war is getting out of hand, yikes.

I don't know, the original strip implied that Bino was beaten half to death by Fox and possibly others. So superglueing a chicken costume to him doesn't seem all that far out of line.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Youve never had to get superglue out of your hair have you?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Buster wrote:Youve never had to get superglue out of your hair have you?
That's what scissors are for. Or clippers. Or Nail Polish remover.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

dr_eirik wrote:
trekkie wrote:That prank war is getting out of hand, yikes.

I don't know, the original strip implied that Bino was beaten half to death by Fox and possibly others. So superglueing a chicken costume to him doesn't seem all that far out of line.
I was referring more to the kidnapping of Bino’s girlfriend and the gargoyle air raid of Bino’s house. The other stuff does seem rather minor.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The accusation of kidnapping is just bino being bino. Sasha gets locked out and spends her evening with king that night remember?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Ah, okay. Yeah, Bino would exaggerate like that.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just so that he can make people believe that he cares by pretending to be worried about Sasha.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Loving the discussion, guys. Too bad I've got nothing to contribute, this fic just leaves me thinking "...wut" :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that is supposed to be the goal of it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

loving this, easy bite sized things to read quickly, and fun reimaginings of arcs
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Reminds me of an office I worked in where there were constantly changing (sometimes contradicting) memos posted daily on the bulletin board. These would soon get annotated with snarky comments signed by name-made-up-coworkers. The senior officers went bonkers trying to stop it. Fun's where you find it, eh?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh how I hope I can eventually get an office job in a place like that. XD
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’d love to work somewhere like that too.

Buster
Game Master

on the twelfth day of Christmas, plot bunnies brought to me.

Post by Buster »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:this fic just leaves me thinking "...wut" :lol:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm thinking that is supposed to be the goal of it.
:mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please tell me why the entire neighborhood suddenly turned into los angeles and i looked like jason statham for sevral hours? Did i take too many pain meds again?

-Bino

-----

wait, you mean the pomeranian who's been off her rocker for half a year now? she can do that?
Does it only work with that movie?

-Bino

-----

Bino exploiting her delusions for monetary gain is not an ethical business model.

-Fido

-----

Joey, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Lana, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Fiddler, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Borris, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Fox, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Sabrina?! Seriously? She's your friend though!

-Fido

-----

Rex, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Cory, I don't know where you got that popcorn machine, but please don't help Bino with his schemes.

-Fido

-----

Jack, we've confiscated the popcorn machine you lent to cory, it will be returned to it's real owner at the end of the investigation. Consider the warrant to search you garage 'your share of the profits'.

-Fido

-----

Joey, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme. Again.

-Fido

-----

Wait, Daisy made a request? She can use actual sentences? since when?

-Fido

-----

Sasha, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Mr Bigglesworth, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Keys, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Keene, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

King, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Lester, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

peanut and grape, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Dalas, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Spo, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Max, please stop encouraging bino's latest scheme.

-Fido

-----

Whoever showed Tarot Friday the 13th Part VII, despite me giving very clear instructions not to do so, have now just doomed us all to watching the totally dumb Nightmare on Elm Street series. Thanks.

-Bino

-----

also, Peanut apparantly likes Nightmare on Elm Street. Creepy.

-Bino

-----

:mrgreen: You're welcome. Also i let her know you've been selling tickets. How are those refunds coming?

-Tiger

-----

I HATE YOU.

-Bino

-----

No, King, that's normal for Sasha to do that. she probably didn't find the little cabin you made her until yesterday.
This happens every year.

-Fox

-----

You know, i thought max was joking about the monk thing... how long has he been sitting there meditating?

-Fox

-----

You mean bino? About a week.

-Fido
Last edited by Buster on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I shudder to think some of the movies that Tarot was encouraged to project from that list of characters. Especially alternate-King who seems more angry that our King. But nice work. I envision the notes being written in larger and bolder print as it goes down the board.

Not sure I understand exactly what's going on with Max and Bino at the end there.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

dr_eirik wrote:I shudder to think some of the movies that Tarot was encouraged to project from that list of characters.
Well, originally the first few referenced Akira, The Italian Job, Fantasia, Hunt For Red October, and Living Daylights, (in that order) but then i couldn't find good way to work a deathly hallows reference into sabrina's, and realized some of the comments looked stilted so that got dropped.
dr_eirik wrote:Not sure I understand exactly what's going on with Max and Bino at the end there.
Max's joke about bino becoming a monk from 2010/05/12 if it was taken seriously instead of just a sarcastic jab from a sarcastic cat.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Buster wrote: Max's joke about bino becoming a monk from 2010/05/12 if it was taken seriously instead of just a sarcastic jab from a sarcastic cat.
OK, I had the joke garbled in my head. I read it as Fox thinking that MAX was the one meditating. I couldn't figure out how he'd mix up Max and Bino. That solves that. 8-)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Cats and ferals are allowed on the clubhouse? Well, the club is certainly more inclusive with Fido at the helm. Though I suppose it was always more inclusive before Fido got kicked out.
Last edited by trekkie on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Forget this fanfic going off the rails. It has now completely went off the ground.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm disappointed in y'all, I, for one, stand against the over-exploitation of innocent psychics :x
dr_eirik wrote:Not sure I understand exactly what's going on with Max and Bino at the end there.
I didn't either, but I didn't question it cuz at this point I can't separate loosely-based canon from total fiction.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Whoever showed Tarot Friday the 13th Part VII despite me giving very clear instructions not to do so have now just doomed us all to watching the totally dumb Nightmare on Elm Street series. Thanks.

-- Bino

also, Peanut apparantly likes Nightmare on Elm Street. Creepy.

-- Bino

My two cents. Love the mentioning of horror movies. Also ~ everyone trying to take advantage of Tarot is a bundle of laughs.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Opener 13:8

Post by Buster »

Scuse me while i retcon GC's idea into the previous set... and come up with a new reason for psychic theatre to get canceled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All members of the GODC,

So, apparently Bino is stepping down to devote himself to "the sacred order of the mauled mailman" which he's apparently no longer the only member of...

-Fido

-----

King and Knight are to be kept apart at all times. For some reason the new dog in town having a voice King recognized is enough to set him off? I dunno, he sounds kinda like that chubby peta guy from two years ago to me, but i don't see why that's a reason to tackle him into the street.

We're just lucky he didn't have his sword with him.

-Fido

-----

Aaand apparently it goes both ways, knight took one look at the woodland village and declared king the Antichrist and a traitor to the cause. Did I miss something?

-Fido

-----

Maybe it has something to do with why King sounds like the fat guy's driver? those two didn't exactly seem like they liked each other either.

-Fox

-----

But King and Knight are DOGS. The dog-nappers were HUMAN. just because they sound the same shouldn't matter to ANYTHING.

-Fido

-----

Also a reminder that the cookout is tomorrow night, And i'm letting peanut back in, on account of his dad supplying the hot dogs.

-Fido

-----

Yes i'm aware he's still dating grape.
Yes i'm aware he doesn't seem to care that she's cheating on him with max.
Yes i'm aware of the club rules.

I'm also aware that Bino's dad can't buy the hotdogs this year because he's still paying off having his roof rebuilt, and we can't have a cook out with out anything to cook, so i'm amending the rules just this once.

-Fido

-----

Peanut I don't see how that 'doesnt count as cheating'.

-Fido

-----
it looks like there used to be a note here that was torn down and hastily shredded.
-----

I didn't need anywhere near that much detail peanut.
okay, yes, its not cheating in this case. you could have just said "I like him too" you know.

-Fido

-----

Bino was literally the only dog who didn't know it was you "Tangerine", Squeak tagging along is a huge clue. also we have noses and your scent doesnt change. stop acting so surprised.

-Fido

-----

King, i don't care if you were intoxicated, or concussed, or you didn't expect her to say yes, or that she's kinda half insane at this point. You can't just ditch tarot after YOU asked HER out.

-Fido

-----

Wait, she was talking about someone else replacing her? But her owner hasn't gotten any new pets...

-Fido

-----

You realize "Jörmungandr's bratty niece" isn't all that useful a description right?

-Fido

-----

OH! you're talking about joey's homebrew RPG? I didn't know you played.

-Fido

-----

...I didn't know there was another group in this neighborhood, but if your old crew ditched the two of you, i'm sure joey would let you join. Just fair warning, ask him for the 'abridged manual'. trust me.

-Fido

-----

So does anyone else find it odd one of the bigglesworths is wearing an egyptian themed tag like sabrina and tarot used to?

-Fido

-----

Okay, yeah, i guess "anything to stand out" kinda makes sense given that lot. forget i asked.

-Fido
Last edited by Buster on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Re: Opener 13:8

Post by GameCobra »

Buster wrote:Scuse me while i retcon GC's idea into the previous set... and come up with a new reason for psychic theatre to get canceled.
Aww, you didn't have to, but thanks <3

Poor Peanut being called a cheater. again.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

You did it. You finally did it.

You got this reaction out of me.
Attachments
IMG_20190116_211202.jpg
IMG_20190116_211202.jpg (73.46 KiB) Viewed 12501 times
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I so wanna talk about my reaction to seeing that edited image and wincing at Jerry's face. XD
Buster
Game Master

Re: Opener 13:8

Post by Buster »

GameCobra wrote:Poor Peanut being called a cheater. again.
actually he was accusing grape of being a cheater because she's also dating max, and fido didn't know peanut was cool with him being around.
D-Rock wrote:You did it. You finally did it.
given the amount of nonsense i throw into these i'm kinda wondering which bit you're referring to.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that he was referring to the most recent one but lets be safe and say that it got built up over time. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Really, the entirety of that most recent post.

side note, super curious if we'll get a hint to how Orwell got his transformation.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is what I am hoping that we can get.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote:Really, the entirety of that most recent post.

side note, super curious if we'll get a hint to how Orwell got his transformation.
Poor guy is getting transformed in all the fan fics. 8-)
Buster
Game Master

Intermission

Post by Buster »

Due to FBI involvement, Club Members are hereby forbidden to speak of the Theme Park Incident.

(the note isn't signed)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

:shock:

At least there weren't any casualties...? :?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

:roll:
the Theme Park World arc was already too nonsensical for me to flanderize into anything, but the dogs are actually there so i can't skip it... so noodle incident it is.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Aight, think I can live with that.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

as to the casualties question, the only characters i'm actually considering killing off/have killed off are ones that can come back in convoluted ways later/already have come back.

... there's a reason knight is a dog with a chess themed name. if at first you don't succeed...