HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

(Didn't plan on this chapter being a multi-parter, but it's going have to be!)

HousepetZ: Enter The MultiVerse
Chapter 2: Hunters Of The Night Part 1

"So this is New York. It's better then I ever imagined," Peanut, back in his usual form, was in awe as he looked over the beauty of the massive city. Chronos, sitting next to him on the roof, nodded and agreed, "A lot bigger then your hometown, isn't it?" Peanut nodded, "Wouldn't mind visiting my dimensions version of this city when this is done." Chronos chuckled, "Well, don't forget, we're here looking for that Cultist...though were to look is the issue."
"Makes you say that?" Peanut asked as he turned to look at Chronos.
"Well," Chronos stretched, "There is NT residue here, but there is a wee problem: It stops right next to where you are standing." Peanut looked down slowly looked over the rooftops, gripping one of the nearby statues for support, "Do you, suppose, he...jumped?"
"I don't think so, there would've been some more showing his trajectory. There's no signs a portal was here either so..." Chronos suddenly smiled again as an idea came to him, "Peanut! What time is it?" Peanut looked at the nearby clock, "Uh it's about close to 6pm. Why?"
"Stand close to me," he instructed, "I just recalled why this dimension is called Night Hunters and, if I'm right, they can help us."
"Who?" Peanut asked as he stood next to Chronos, but he simply told him to be patient. So Peanut shrugged and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Until the sun was now below the horizon and the clock chimed 6pm. As it did, Chronos smiled and said, "Watch those statues," At first Peanut was confused but that confusement soon vanished as the stone on the statues suddenly began to crumble away, showing dark scales underneath. Then the rest of the stones shot off as the things under the statues came to life and roared like never before. All Peanut could do was look upon the six massive creatures, each one looking like something off of a metal album, though one reminded him of Meat Loaf. Before he could even ask Chronos who they were, the massive one and first one to awaken, looked over and saw the two standing there, causing Peanut to hide behind Chronos as, to him, he thought the creature was going to attack.
"It's good to see you again, my old friend!" However, much to Peanut's surprise, the being was friendly as both he and Chronos embraced each other, much like old friends who haven't seen each other in years or, in their case, centuries.
"Goliath! It's been too long! Much too long!" Chronos exclaimed, "Look at you! You don't look a day over 1000!"
"Look at me? Look at you! You looked like you gained a few on you," Goliath joked, causing Chronos to laugh and reply, "Well, that's what happens when you dimension hop!" As the two continued, Peanut just watched in awe. He had never seen living gargoyles before and the fact that he was standing before six of them was just awe-inspiring to him. Though that awe was soon to turn to fear as he suddenly yelp and jumped onto the stone railing as he heard some growling coming from his left. Next to him, the canine gargoyle had spotted him and was thinking he was a bad guy so he was prepping to attack.
"Bronx! Stand down!" Another gargoyle commanded, "He came with Chronos here, I'm pretty sure he isn't going to attack us." Peanut looked up as the smaller gargoyle came over and, patting the canine Bronx on the head, looked over at Peanut and offered his hand to him, wanting to help him down from the ledge, which Peanut accepted. "Sorry about Bronx," the gargoyle said, "He gets that way around strangers. Name's Lexington. What's yours?"
"P-Peanut," replied Peanut, a bit freaked out by the gargoyles, something Lexington took noticed too, "Hey, it's OK. We're not the bad guys. We're friendly. Your friend Chronos can confirm that."
"Aye, lad," the elder gargoyle said, "We've been friends with Chronos for as long as breath has been in our bodies. As for me, you may call me Hudson."
"I'm Brooklyn," the white-haired gargoyle said then pointed at a chubby one, "And the one who's currently eating is Broadway," Hearing his name, Broadway looked over and way, a chicken leg in his hand. Peanut waved back at Broadway.
"And I'm Goliath: Leader of the Manhatten Clan," the massive gargoyle then introduced himself, "Now tell me, Chronos, what dimension is he from?"
"Dimension HPZ," Chronos replied, "I brought him along as I needed his help with looking for someone. See, in his dimension, there was a cult called The Opener Cult who threatened to unleash another zombie apocaplyse. They were stopped by the police and K9's but the leader, along with a small handful of members, escaped. This member in particular found a way to pierce dimensions and is currently trying to find a way to have his leader rule all the dimensions. The first dimension he visited, Dimension BOH, he was stopped at and my contact there said he arrived here but..." he then pointed at the nearby ledge, "His NT trail stopped there. Think you guys can..."
"Goliath!" Suddenly, another voice, belonging to a female, came into existence, causing the gargoyles, Chronos, and Peanut to turn around, "Who's your friend?"
"Elisa, this is Chronos: Keeping of all Dimensions and Time. His little friend here is called Peanut and he's from another dimension," Goliath explained.
"Hello, Elisa," Chronos said while Peanut just waved. Elisa, spotting Peanut, walked over and, much to Peanut's sudden delight, began scratching him behind his ears, "Well, another dimension or no, any friend of Goliath is a friend of mine. So, how come you're here?" Chronos replied, "Hunting someone from Peanut's dimension. Their trail ended here and we were hoping the gargoyles could help us."
"Cult member, huh?" Elisa said as she continued to rub the happy Peanut's belly, "Wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen here. What this cultist trying to do?" Chronos then went on to explain, once again, who the cultist is working for and their main goals to Elisa, who just causally shrugged and said, "Like I said, not the strangest thing I've ever heard, but I'll help anyway I can."
"Very well," Goliath answered before looking back at his clan, "Now then...Brooklyn and Lexington? I want you two to scout around Manhattan and see if you can find this cultist," he then quickly looked at Peanut and smiled, "Bring Peanut here with you as he'll know what the cultist will look like." Hearing that, Peanut was about to say Chronos wanted him to stay close to him, but Chronos replied, "You'll be fine, Peanut. I trust the Gargoyles."
"Don't worry, Peanut," Lexington assured him, "We won't let anything happen to you," before asking what he'll be doing. Goliath replied, "Me and Chronos are going to pay a visit to Xanatos..."
"What makes you think Xanatos is behind this?" Chronos asked and Goliath just gave him a look that said 'Really?', causing Chronos is shrug in agreement. Goliath then turned to the remaining gargoyles and told them to stay put, just in case there's an attack by Xanatos. With the plan in place, Lexington and Brooklyn jumped onto the clock tower's ledge, with Brooklyn looking back at Peanut and saying, "Hop on! And hold tight!" Peanut, feeling a bit more at ease around the group (especially after the belly rub from Elisa), nodded and climbed aboard Brooklyn. The two gargoyles, followed by Goliath and Chronos, then took flight to the night skies, leaving Elisa with the remaining ones.
"That Peanut sure is a fine dog," Hudson remarked, Elisa nodding in agreement while adding, "I'm just worried what will happen if Xanatos learns about him..."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice job on how you wrote this chapter! It is long but not boring! Keep up the good work!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Nice job on how you wrote this chapter! It is long but not boring! Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Hadn't planned on this being a multipart series of chapter, but I want to be sure I did the Gargoyles justice, so the research caused me to split this up into multiple parts (Plus, I didn't want to post a LONG chapter).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds good to me. As long as you can continue to write the story I will be happy. I'm sure everybody else will be also.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Next chapter should go up today if all works out (I want to make sure I'm doing the Gargoyles justice so I've been researching the series...I had no idea the lore of Gargoyles was this deep)! Same time, there has been a huge change to the future of HousepetZ, namely future arcs. I decided to alter the story-arcs for Seasons 6 & 7 (Season 8 is still up in the air as to what I want to do) as I felt like giving some time to Zach as I don't think I really progressed him in this fic (other then what I have done: MiniCelestial, his guardian is Cthulhu, and he went to Asgard), so the end of this arc and the beginning of the next arc/season begins what I'm calling the 'HousepetZ: Cthulhu Rising' story line as it sets up some major plot points for both HousepetZ at large and Zach as well.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great job on these chapters! Coincidentally, I just got interested in Gargoyles, as always, I am looking forward to reading more.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Although all I know about Gargoyles comes from some episodes I watched on Rick's stream a few weeks ago, I've enjoyed the crossover so far! I'm sure that whatever's next for this epic story will be great :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that you have a lot of good ideas! Can't wait to see where you go with them!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: Hunters Of The Night Part 2

What was once the home of the Manhattan Clan was now the lair of David Xanatos. A wealthy billionaire who has been nothing more but a thorn in the side of the Gargoyles ever since he reawoken them that faithful night. Tonight, however, he cared not for his goals but, instead, wanted nothing more then a relaxing evening with on the couch with a book and the sounds of music. That tranquility he wanted was soon to be broken as, per tradition with anyone wanting to relax, he was soon interrupted by the opening of his door and the arrival of his aid, Owen Burnett.
"Sir, Goliath is here," he stated in his monotone voice, "He and a friend of his wishes to speak with you."
"Well, by all means, send them in!" Xanatos replied, placing the book on the coffee table. Nodding, Owen stood aside and allowed both Goliath and his friend, the Celestial Chronos, to enter, the later of whom took Xanatos by surprise. "Well, now," He remarked as he walked towards the two, "Of what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"
"Save your act, Xanatos," Goliath growled, "My friend here is tracking a being from another Dimension. They were spotted here but vanished on our tower..." Another dimension? Xanatos scoffed and chuckled, "Please, Goliath, I may be a genius billionaire, but even I'm not that smart to deal with...other dimensional beings," his attention soon turned to Chronos, "I take it you are also from another Dimension?" Chronos shrugged before replying, "In a way. I actually watch over all Time and all Dimensions and it's my job to make sure everything stays working the way it should. However, someone from one of the dimensions found a way to enter other dimensions, thus is currently hopping thru dimensions in an attempt to have the leader of their cult rule all dimensions."
"I think you said 'dimensions' enough today," Goliath leaned in and whispered in Chronos' ear. Xanatos, however, was intrigued with what Chronos had told him, which showed when he asked, "Interesting and how many dimensions are there?"
"Way too many to even count," Chronos replied a hint of a laugh, "Even if you don't include the multiple variants of a dimension, there's just an infinite amount. Why?"
"No reason," Xanatos replied, keeping a smile hidden from them, before turning around and saying, "Now if you two are done, I'd like to get back to my reading. Owen will show..."
"We can find our own way out," Goliath once again growled before he and Chronos headed out the door, leaving Owen alone with Xanatos. "Shall I follow them, sir?"
"Nah, send one of the smaller drones out," Xanatos replied as he took his place on the couch again, Owen nodding before leaving the room. As the door closed, Xanatos leaned back on the couch and thought about what Chronos said for a bit more, "Other dimensions...interesting," he then chuckled a bit before reaching for the book on the table he was reading earlier and opening it back to where he was previously.

Elsewhere, Lexington and Brooklyn, the later of whom Peanut was hanging on to, were busy flying about, looking for any signs of the cult member in question while, along the way, learning some more about where Peanut came from, as was Peanut with this dimension. Deciding to stop for a quick breather, the trio landed on one of the nearby rooftops, Brooklyn leaning down to let Peanut off to stretch his legs.
"I wonder how Chronos and Goliath are doing," Peanut said while stretching out.
"Hopefully, better then us as I don't think we saw anything in regards to your cultist buddy," Brooklyn remarked as he leaned up against a nearby railing.
"Do you think this Xanados could've been behind this?" Peanut asked, with Lexington answering, "It's actually XanaTOS and it's possible. Weirder things have happened since we first awoken in Manhattan."
"That's an understatement. Mutants, The Pack, Macbeth, an evil clone of Goliath...you'd think this was a cartoon or something." Brooklyn remarked, leading to Peanut to reply, "Sounds like my dimension had it easy..."
"How's that?" Brooklyn asked, catching Peanut's remark, who replied, "Well, in my dimension? Other than zombies, we had multiple Celestials playing a game that basically was Dungeons & Dragons, a local resident turning into a serial killer and coming back to life...Asgard being real..." he then stopped to think briefly, "Come to think of it, I think you guys have it easier." Brooklyn laughed as Lexington replied, "Hey, at least it's home, right?" before asking, "Not to change subjects, but do you remember what this cultist looked like?"
"Um, I do know from watching the news they wore a black robe, sans any hood, with a picture of a rabbit on the back...long story but they are called The Opener Cult and they worship another local resident, the rabbit Zach as he found a way to open a door, I'm not sure anymore as it's been a while. Why?" Lexington then brought Peanut to the ledge and pointed at a figure, "Is that the guy we're after?" Down below them was, indeed, the cultist, along with someone else the duo recognized: Demona.
"So, if I help you with your plan...you will see to it that I sit along side your leader and rule all the dimensions, while purging them of the human filth?" The cultist nodded, his tail swaying in the wind, "Correct. If you help me, I'll make sure Mother Ink rewards you handsomely. Plus, just imagine being able to rule over millions and millions of dimensions." The allure was too great for Demona. Just that thought alone was enough to bring a smile to her face. But from up above, both Lexington and Brooklyn were understandably upset, while Peanut could only ask, "Who's the female?"
"Demona," Brooklyn replied, a scowl calling his face home, "Goliath's old mate who has a serious hatred for humans and us. She's probably the reason why that trail went cold." Peanut nodded and was ready to ask something else when Lexington nudged him and pointed down at the cultist, asking "What's that in his hand?" Peanut looked where he pointed and answered, "That's one of the coins. Some reason, if a human grabs it, it'll turn them into a zombie..."
"Sorry, but how does a coin turn someone into a zombie? I've seen Dawn Of The Dead and played the Resident Evil games and it was always a virus doing the infecting, not a coin," Lexington remarked. Peanut could only shrug and reply, "I'm just as in the dark as you are but there are witnesses in my dimension saying that this did happen...I dunno, maybe it had something to do with the original holder of the coins putting a curse on them but I'm just hazarding a guess."
"Well, whatever the reason," Brooklyn replied, "If the cultist is as dangerous as you said he is, then we should stop..." however, before he said anything else, he suddenly stopped and looked around, "You two hear something?" Lexington and Peanut shook their heads before Peanut replied, "Actually, yeah, what is...DUCK!" Suddenly, a blast came rocketing down, hitting the area where the trio stood. "Ugh, who did..." Brooklyn coughed before growling at the sight he saw. On a nearby rooftop, in outfits that would make even Twisted Sister question, stood The Pack, mercinaries created by Xanatos to hunt the Gargoyles down. Wolf, Jackal, Hyena, and their leader Coyote all stood there, Lexington and Brooklyn ready to engage in combat, with Lexington telling Peanut, "I hope you still have some of your gifts from Anubis in you, cause we're going to need it."
"Relax, chumps," Wolf replied as Jackal and Hyena leaped down to where Demona and the Cultist stood, "We ain't here for ya. We're here for that cult..." before he could even finish the sentence, he suddenly exclaimed "What the?!" as Hyena flew up in the air and landed next to him. Looking at Hyena first, he then looked back down at the cultist and watched as he engaged in one-on-one combat with Jackal, which devolved into the cult member wiping the floor with him and launching him into the nearest dumpster.
"Shall we talk somewhere nicer?" The cult member asked Demona who smiled and replied, "I know the perfect place...what is your name?"
"Call me Silverbot," the fox replied as he hopped onto Demona's back, who then took off into the night, Lexington shouting, "She's getting away! Come on!" before taking flight with Brooklyn and Peanut following close, leaving the Pack behind and licking their wounds, with Jackal remarking that he's going to need a long shower after this.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

This was very enjoyable. You did a great job integrating the Housepets! characters into the Gargoyles universe. I look forward to reading the adventures of Peanut, Chronos, and the Gargoyles.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:This was very enjoyable. You did a great job integrating the Housepets! characters into the Gargoyles universe. I look forward to reading the adventures of Peanut, Chronos, and the Gargoyles.
Thanks! Honestly, there's only one more part coming up as I have more Dimensions planned (plus I don't want any to outlive their stay) but I'm glad you're enjoying it! I will also be honest in saying that this is the more trickier chapters I've done as I had to do so much research into the characters just to make sure I'm not messing any of them up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice job on writing and the character interactions for this chapter! I can't wait to see what else you have!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Great chapter Sean! Peanut's really in over his head now. Thoroughly enjoying this Gargoyle adventure.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Great chapter Sean! Peanut's really in over his head now. Thoroughly enjoying this Gargoyle adventure.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Really nice job on writing and the character interactions for this chapter! I can't wait to see what else you have!
Thanks :) Little bit of trivia, but originally I was going to have the cultist either be Cousin Rodney from the Wolves Pack or Lester, but I went with a random zoo animal instead.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think you might get more people baying for your blood then when you killed off Fox if you made it be Cousin Rodney because I have a feeling that most readers want to see the Wolf Pack stay the good guys. :lol:
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think you might get more people baying for your blood then when you killed off Fox if you made it be Cousin Rodney because I have a feeling tgat most readers want to see the Wolf Pack stay the good guys. :lol:
Heh true.... ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Now, Lester on the other paw...

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote:Now, Lester on the other paw...
Indeed.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Sorry if this seemed rushed, but as my knowledge of Gargoyles is limited and I didn't want this to wear out it's welcome, I had to cut this down to a 3-part chapter)

Chapter 4: Hunters Of The Night Part 3

"Look, over there!" Lexington shouted, pointing at the nearby park, "That's probably where Demona and Silverbolt landed." Brooklyn nodded and, making sure Peanut was holding on tight, followed Lexington as they landed in Central Park.
"Stay close to me, Peanut," Brooklyn said, placing a claw on Peanut's shoulder, "Demona is pretty dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt, even with your gifts." Peanut nodded and stuck close to him as they made their way through the park. As it was midnight, the park was very quiet and empty. In fact it was quiet enough to the point where the trio had this uneasy feeling surrounding them. That sounds of silence was soon broken as Lexington suddenly found himself knocked to the ground with a loud "Oof!" as Demona came flying in and tackling him.
"I wouldn't make any sudden moves, you two," Silverbolt commanded as he stepped out from behind the tree, "I'm going to make this easy: Give us the dog and you and the other gargoyle can leave." Brooklyn posistioned Peanut closer to him, growling as his eyes became white as the stars. Silverbolt, in contrast, just scoffed, "Let me make this easier: Give us the dog or Demona will kill Lexington." Demona had Lexington in a tight trip and was set to snap his neck when given the word, the thoughts of ruling over all dimensions still rushing through her and giving her joy like she never had before. But before she could even commit the killing and Brooklyn could say something, Peanut quickly shouted, "Don't hurt him! I give in!"
"Peanut! What are you..." Brooklyn sputtered but stopped as Peanut gave him a sly wink, realizing that he had a plan.
"Good boy," Silverbolt replied with a smile, "Now come over here." Peanut slowly walked over to the awaiting Silverbolt, Lexington protesting like mad and telling him to stop. As Peanut stepped closer, Silverbolt stretched out his paw in an offer to shake and, much to his delight, Peanut took it...then, much to his shock, Peanut suddenly flipped him over and launched him towards Demona, shouting at Lexington to get down. Lexington nodded and, with a elbow to Demona's belly, ducked as Silverbolt landed hard on Demona, dropping them both to the ground.
"How DARE YOU!" Demona growled as she pushed Silverbolt off of her and lunged towards Peanut, who simply delivered a heavy punch right to her face, sending her into a nearby tree. With a grunt, Demona stood up and lunged again, only to be launched again by Peanut into the same tree. While Lexington and Brooklyn was finding this pretty funny, Silverbolt had seen enough. "If you can't handle a simple mutt," he said as a Dimension Portal formed behind him, "Then you are worthless to our cause." With a scoff, he leaped through the portal and both he and the portal vanished. Demona was furious with the outcome but, not wanting another beat-down, decided to be smart and flew off into the night.
"You sure showed her!" Brooklyn commented as he patted Peanut on the shoulder.
"Sure did!" he exclaimed, "Pity we didn't stop that cultist...I didn't even see what portal he jumped through."
"I did," Lexington then replied, "It said Dimension 2xR2." Peanut nodded and remarked they should get back to the clock tower and tell Chronos.

"Hm, so Demona was behind this," Elisa said as Goliath sighed, "Her hatred for humanity is deep."
"And to think, if she did joined with this cult...the terror she'd commit would be nightmare inducing." Hudson said solemnly before turning back to Peanut and patting him on the head, "But thankfully Peanut was here to stop that."
"Indeed," Chronos replied, "I knew I made the right choice in asking him to join me." Peanut could only blush as Lexington added, "That cult member did jump through one of those portals, one labeled Dimension 2xR2." Raising an eyebrow, Chronos thought for a bit before remembering what that dimension was. "Right, we should go," he replied, thanking Lexington then saying his goodbyes to the others, along with saying to Goliath, "Until we see each other again. I still owe you a game of chess."
"That you do, Chronos!" Goliath as he bid him farewell before looking at Peanut and saying, "And it was a pleasure meeting you as well, young Peanut."
"Same to you, Goliath," Peanut said before turning to Brooklyn, "And thank you for the ride! I do have one thing I want to say..."
"No problem and what is it?" Brooklyn smiled as Chronos opened the Dimension Portal. Peanut, with a deep breath, said, "Don't take this wrong...but you really do look like something off of a Meat Loaf album." Chronos chuckled and Elisa giggled as Brooklyn, though confused, just smiled and said "I guess I'll take that as a compliment!" With a final goodbye, both Chronos and Peanut went through the portal to Dimension 2xR2, leaving the gargoyles alone with Elisa.
"Wouldn't mind seeing that Peanut again," Lexington commented, "He had a pretty good knowledge of computers." Brooklyn, on the other hand, had something else on his mind as he turned to Elisa and asked, "Who's Meat Loaf?" Elisa chuckled, "I'll bring you one of his albums for you to listen to tomorrow."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This has been a very fun arc and has made me interested in the Gargoyles cartoon show but I can't wait to see Mungo vs. Tiger in the next arc. :mrgreen:
Nathan Kerbonaut

I stand corrected, Peanut's a real threat :lol: Great chapter!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here is hoping that Peanut will never lose the edge he has because I like it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:I stand corrected, Peanut's a real threat :lol: Great chapter!
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Here is hoping that Peanut will never lose the edge he has because I like it.
Thanks :) Admittedly, his edge was from some of the leftover Avatar powers Anubis left him keep after the first zombie apocalypse was done but I'm still glad you enjoyed Peanut being awesome..though his moment to shine is yet to come in this arc, trust me on that. I got probably the biggest surprise in store that I will not spoil...other then that they MAY visit Dimension ZP or Zootopia but I haven't chose what's after the upcoming chapter.
trekkie wrote:Now, Lester on the other paw...
Tell the truth, I haven't really gave much thought to Lester being a bad guy.

In other news, the next season, Season 6, is going to be short as well, but it's a more coherent series of arcs as it sets up some major plotlines coming up, one of which being Zach's and his guardian Cthulhu's own journey into the Netherworld which all begins with the S6 finale...Asguardian Of The Universe Vol. 2: Ready To Ragnarok Your World
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't wait to see how the next part of the continuing saga turns out!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Rest of the chapters, save for the last two, will be shorter then I planned due to not properly planning the lengths as I hoped hehe)

Chapter 5: Let's Hit The Road

"Come on! He's getting away!" Chronos shouted as he jumped over an on-coming bench.
"Huff...huff...I'm trying! I'm not used to having these long legs!" Peanut shouted back! As Dimension 2xR2 was similar to Dimension BOH, meaning no humans but all anthropomorphic beings, Peanut had once again, thanks to Chronos, taking a form/disguise in order to blend in. While he thought it was a cool look, he soon regretted saying it was cool as running with these new style of legs was proving to be difficult. "Now I see why I could never catch Dad when we played tag," he thought as he turned a nearby corner. Up ahead, Silverbolt, the dimension-hopping cultist, had a pretty good lead on them and, thinking he would trick them, ducked into a nearby alley and watched the two pass by him.
"Too easy," he chuckled as he walked out from the alley and began a leisurely stroll down the sidewalk, stopping briefly to look in one of the store windows. His leisure didn't last long as, suddenly, he found himself flying through said window and onto the store floor, surprising everyone.
"You can't fool a Celestial, Silverbolt," Chronos said, Peanut standing next to him catching his breath, "Now then..."
"Oi!" a voice shouted, causing Chronos to look up, "What the heck do you think you're doing?!"
"It's OK!" Peanut replied, "We're from another dimension. We're hunting this cultist here..."
"Peanut!" Chronos suddenly whispered, "What are you doing? Shut up!"
"He asked..." Peanut began but before Chronos could say anything, the sounds of police sirens soon interrupted both of them, followed by a voice saying, "HANDS ON YOUR HEAD, NOW!" Chronos nudged Peanut, whispering they should comply and they both did, along with Silverbolt, though he was already forming a plan to escape as the officers, one of which being a doberman, brought them over to the cars and cuffed them.

The room the two found themselves in was bare, containing only the chairs they were seated on, along with a table and a mirror. Peanut sat in silence as Chronos just shook his head, "A small word of advice: Some dimensions you can say you are from a different dimension and some you can not."
"And this was one of them I couldn't?" Peanut sheepishly asked, Chronos nodding in response. "Now if this was Dimension 2xR1, you probably gotten away with it, but this is 2xR2, so rules are a bit different." Before Peanut could even asked how different they were, the door nearby opened up, startling him a bit. Entering the room and then closing the door, Peanut recognized the doberman from earlier when he was being arrested as he was the one who put the cuffs on him. The doberman in question then sat down and looked at the two for a bit. "We can not find any records of you two at all," he began, "So we'll start from the top: Just who the heck are you two?"
"The one to the right of me is Peanut," Chronos answered, "My name is Chronos and...we're what you call Bounty Hunters. That fox I tackled through that lovely shop's window? He was the person we're after as he commited some very heinous crimes. Crimes that would make even the worst of criminals fear him. However, because of where we are, I fear that he may be cooking up a plan, so to speak, to continue his crime here in this building and you holding us two here is only making it worst. Makes sense?" The doberman just stared blankly at the two before excusing himself, leaving the two once again alone in the room. Unbeknownst to them, however, the room was much larger as the mirror was actually a one-way window and, on the other side, stood the doberman, along with a husky, dressed in a similar uniform to him.
"How did the interview with the fox go?" The doberman asked.
"About as well as yours did," the husky replied, "Except he said he's from a different dimension then ours and is dimension hopping in order to prep our worlds for domination or something and that those two are also from his dimension..." The doberman groaned as he rubbed the bridge of his nose as the door opened, a golden retriever walking in, asking, "How goes it with our store crashers?"
"Not too well," the doberman answered and told him what both Chronos told him and what the fox told the husky. The golden retriever just sighed and said, "Let me try to talk to this Chronos and Peanut." The duo nodded as the retriever left and entered the interrogation room.
"Now then," he began as he sat down, "Before we begin again, Chronos, let me explain something here. My name is Hunter Wyldhart, leader of a team called the Road Rovers. Your friend that you tackled said he's from a different dimension and you two are as well...I am willing to give the benefit of a doubt if you two can prove this. Otherwise, we're going to lock you two up and send the other for medical evaluation, just in case that blow did any serious damage to his..." suddenly, a shot rang out, startling both Hunter and Peanut, the former asking, "What in the world was that?"
"Hunter! Come in!" A voice over his radio shouted.
"Exile? What's going on? What was that noise I just heard?" Hunter replied, standing up from the table.
"It was that Silverbolt fellow! Somehow he escaped the infirmary, got into our armory, and is currently armed with an assault rifle," Exile replied back, the sounds of gun fire coming through the radio's speaker. While Peanut was worried, Chronos just shook his head and stood up from the table, much to Peanut's surprise. Hunter, seeing him stand up and without his handcuffs on, quickly drew his pistol and took aim, now believing that this Chronos and Peanut fellow were in league with Silverbolt. Chronos, however, just sighed and snapped his fingers, dropping Hunter, along with the doberman next door, the floor immediately.
"Chronos!" Peanut shouted as he removed his cuffs, but Chronos quickly assured him, "I only put them to sleep for five minutes, now come on. We gotta get that cultist and get out of here, asap!" They both stepped over Hunter and ran down the hall, quickly spotting Silverbolt making a run for the exit. Peanut, with quick thinking, grabbed one of the many Dimension Portals Chronos had and chucked it at the cultist, sending him through.
"Smart thinking, Peanut!" Chronos said, "Looks like you sent him to Dimension Zoo! Allon-sy!"and, with Peanut right behind, jumped through the portal to the dimension just as it was closing, Chronos quickly adding as they traveled, "When we get back to my place, remind me to fix this Dimension's time line."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice job, as always, I am looking forward to seeing Chronos and Peanut’s battle with Silverbolt.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Nice job, as always, I am looking forward to seeing Chronos and Peanut’s battle with Silverbolt.
Thanks :) Won't have long to wait, I can assure you as there's only two chapters left, the last one being the fight :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful job with the chapter that you have written! It really is incredibly awesome!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 6: Try Everything

"Oh, stop fussing with your pants, Peanut. You look fine," Chronos said.
"Easy for you to say. You're used to wearing clothing! I never had to worry about clothing, other then maybe a jacket, in my dimension!" Peanut grumbled, still trying to get his pants to feel better on him, "What dimension is this anyway?" Chronos, leaning back on the train's seat, looked out the window and pointed, "Does that answer your question?" Confused at first, Peanut looked out and saw what he was pointing at and soon realizing that it did, in fact, answer his question. For passing by them was a big billboard that read, simply, 'Welcome To Zootopia.'
"This place is going to be very similar to that of Dimension BOH, except, for the love of the doctor, do NOT tell the folks here you are from another dimension!" Chronos told Peanut as the train pulled into the station. Peanut nodded and assured him he won't as they exited the train. As the walked into the center of Zootopia itself, Peanut was amazed at the beauty of this massive metropolis, even adding, "Duchess would love it here!"
"Hey, EVERYONE in your dimension would probably love it here," Chronos laughed as they walked around, "But remember, we're here looking for Silverbolt. Hopefully we can spot him..."
"You mean him over there?" Peanut pointed at a nearby figure. Chronos looked over at said figure and said with surprise, "Well. That was easy," before whispering to Peanut, "Let's just trail him to see where he goes. Once we're in the clear, THEN we pounce. We don't need another 2xR2 fiasco." Peanut nodded and the two began to follow Silverbolt closely, but not to closely as to raise suspiscion. They watched as he stopped at random windows to look in, partook of some Zootopia's food, chatted with a few of the locals, and rode a bus for a bit. It seemed that Silverbolt was simply exploring the place, much to the eye-brow raising of both Chronos and Peanut. However, their secrecy was soon to be broken for when the bus stopped and Silverbolt got off, both Peanut and Chronos following close behind, Silverbolt just happened to turn around. Spotting the duo, he shook his head and, once again, took off.
"Oh for the love of corgis!" Chronos shouted before he and Peanut took off after him, then getting an idea as he told Peanut, "I'm going to go left and try to cut him off! You keep after him!" Peanut nodded and continued the chase while Chronos took a turn down a nearby alley-way. Over benches, around poles, and under a nearby elephant, Silverbolt ran as fast as his legs would take him, while Peanut did his best to keep up with him.
"Let's see this mutt try to follow me here!" Silverbolt uttered as he jumped a nearby gate. Much to his surprise, Peanut did indeed follow him, though he soon regretted doing so. The gate they jumped was the entry way to Little Rodentia and now, not only was he chasing Silverbolt, he was avoiding the various mice and rodents that lived there, making sure not to step on any. Elsewhere, Chronos was making his way through Zootopia, tracking Silverbolt via his Dimension Watch. His attention was soon interupted as, like what usually happens to him when he's not paying attention, he ran face first into a nearby open door.
"OH MY GOODNESS!" A female voice shouted, "I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE!"
"It's OK, officer!" Chronos chuckled, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "I wasn't paying attention myself!" He stood himself up as the officer, a rabbit, breathed a sigh of relief, "I'm glad you're not hurt. I'm Officer Judy Hopps, by the way. If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing any way?"
"Oh, I'm heading over to the entrance of Little Rodentia to meet a friend of mine named Peanut," Chronos said, making sure not to reveal any truth about his and Peanut's reasoning for being there, "See, it's his first time here and I want to give him a tour of the place before we head over to my house."
"I see," Judy smiled, "Well, tell this Peanut I said hello and welcome to Zootopia!"
"I wil, Officer," Chronos smiled back and then bid farewell to Judy, who did the same, and walked off, all the while thinking to himself, "Oh, I hope Peanut isn't getting in too much trouble." Thankfully, he wasn't. Instead, he was trying his best to avoid stepping on the inhabitants as he chased down Silverbolt, who surprisingly wasn't paying attention to how close Peanut was getting as he too was trying to avoid any extra collateral damage.
"HEY SILVERBOLT!" Silverbolt yelped as Peanut, now close enough to him, landed a strong punch to his back, sending him flying forwards onto the payment below. Silverbolt struggled to get up as Peanut looked down at him and growled, "You caused way too much grief for both me and Chronos and the other places you went to..and we're here to bring you..." Before he could finish, however, Silverbolt began to chuckle as he stood up, now facing Peanut square in the eyes, "Oh, poor doggy. You should've went for the head..." Suddenly, Silverbolt grabbed Peanut and, after reaching into his pocket and pulling out a Dimension Portal, dropped it on the ground below them and both fell through, the portal soon closing much to the surprise of everyone who saw the event unfold.
"Peanut?" Chronos then arrived at the entrance of Little Rodentia, "Peanut? Where did you go? Peanut!" He then looked over and aimed his tracker into the township to see if maybe he followed the cultist in there. Indeed he did as his tracker soon went off, much to his delight, which soon vanished as his tracker began showing a dimension portal was used. After a second or so, the dimension both Peanut and the cultist traveled to soon appeared, DIMENSION SW9, which made Chronos raise an eyebrow, "Odd choice of an dimension...which I didn't think to bring along, phooey." Realizing that he has to return to his home and access the dimension from there, Chronos quickly ran to a nearby port-a-potty and, with a snap of his fingers, reappeared in his home, outside of Dimension Zoo. As he ran to his console, he thought to himself, "Oh I hope Peanut is able to put his nerdiness aside as I KNOW that Dimension is one he would have tons of fun in."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I am really enjoying the chase across dimensions. I like the cameo appearance by Judy Hopps. Keep up the good work !

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:I am really enjoying the chase across dimensions. I like the cameo appearance by Judy Hopps. Keep up the good work !
Thanks! I was either going to with Zootopia or DuckTales but I went with Zootopia as it was on my mind for a bit.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really can't wait to read the next part of the story! It is continuing to be very great!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Epilogues will come tomorrow)

Chapter 7: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi For The Rise Of Skywalker

Peanut ducked behind a nearby tree, barely dodging an oncoming laser blast. His heart was racing a mile a minute.
"Give it up, mutt!" a voice shouted as another laser blast whizzed past Peanut's head, "Without your friend Chronos, you are just as helpless as a leaf in the wind! Give up or die like the rat you are!" Peanut panted and gulped. He didn't want to admit that Silverbolt was right but it was beginning to seem like it was. He had no idea where he was and, for reasons he couldn't figure out, he was locked out of using his Avatar powers. In short, he was beginning to think he was fighting a losing battle. He began to think that perhaps giving up was the best course of action, if it meant he'd survive. However, he suddenly was jolted from his train of thought as an odd humming sound began to fill the air. Before he could even decipher what the noise was, he yelped and jumped out of the way as something sliced the tree he was hiding behind in half. Standing behind the tree was indeed Silverbolt, who was now all in black and sporting a weapon Peanut instantly recognized. "A...red lightsaber?" He thought to himself, the humming of the blade still echoing in his ears, "That means...wait..." Peanut looked down and realized he was in another outfit or disguise, one that resembled a Jedi. It was then a smile formed across his face as he realized that the dimension they were in was, indeed, Star Wars and, for once? Peanut had the advantage. Quickly, he spotted his own lightsaber and activated it, a green blade shooting out from the hilt.
"I see the pup wants to die like a coward," Silverbolt commented, his own lightsaber shining against the midnight sky, "Very well. Let this dimension be the final resting place of the dog formally known as Peanut Butter Sandwich! For I proclaim that I, Silverbolt, will be the one to strike down this foolish pup in the name of the Opener Cult!" And thus, with a triumphant roar, Silverbolt lunged towards Peanut and swung his lightsaber towards him. Peanut, acting quickly and swiftly, blocked the oncoming blade and, with a swing of his own, cut Silverbolt's arm. Screaming, not in pain but in anger that Peanut managed to hit him, Silverbolt continued his fury of swings, each one getting faster and faster as Peanut blocked each one as best as he can. A fool's errand, he thought, but he knew he had to stop Silverbolt here, if not end him completely. The bright blades illuminated the area and their faces as the two warriors fought, the moon now hidden behind dark clouds. With another swing, both combatants stumbled backwards and starred each other down, Silverbolt growling with anger and Peanut keeping as calm as he possibly can. A flash soon illuminated the area, followed by the sound of thunder as the rain came racing down, turning the arena into an even more tricky field of battle. This didn't deter either as they both stood and, their lightsabers at the ready, charged towards each other, the rain sizzling on their blades and the mud bouncing up from the ground for which they stepped on. As they inched closer, Peanut knew this was going to be the deciding strike and positioned his blade to connect with Silverbolt's body. However, much to his horror, Silverbolt had an ace up his sleave. The moment he was in range, Silverbolt lift his leg and, with a heavy blow, kneed Peanut in the gut. Peanut gasped as he dropped to his knees, clenching his stomach and the now-deactivated lightsaber. Silverbolt stood over him and laughed, "Like I said: You are worthless without your precious Chronos to protect you! But I? I have the power of Mother Ink and Father Gryphon coursing through my veins and embracing my soul! I have powers like you'd never believe possible!" To rub salt in the wound, so to speak, Silverbolt gently placed his lightsaber against Peanut's arm and slowly pulled it across, Peanut screaming as he felt the blade. "When I'm done with you, I shall return to Mother Ink and I shall tell her of all the wonderful dimensions she can have! Oh think of the carnage she can cause! The beauty of worlds without humans! The joy of being the most powerful animal of all time! WE will succeed where Father Gryphon failed! WE will triumph where Osiris fell! WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!" He then placed the lightsaber against Peanut's neck, "Before I end your wretched life, I shall allow you a last word. What shall it be, pup?" Peanut breathed heavily for a bit, the pain on his arm great, before giving Silverbolt what he wanted by mumbling something. Silverbolt, catching the mumble but not making out what he said, chuckled, "Would you care to run that by me again, pup? Or do you wish your mumbles to be your last?" Instead, Peanut looked up and smiled, much to the confusion of Silverbolt. What happened next could only be described as Peanut's Power-Up Moment as Peanut quickly activated his lightsaber once more and, as the flash of lightining illuminated the area, swung it up and relieved Silverbolt of both his own saber and the paw that held it. Silverbolt screamed in pain as Peanut stood up, the pain from both the knee hit and the lightsaber now nonexistent.
"I was asking if you remembered what you told me back in Zootopia," Peanut smiled, Silverbolt not knowing what he meant before widening his eyes as Peanut growled at him the same words he told him back when Peanut had the upper paw: "You should've gone for the head." With a triumphant swing and a flash of lightining, Peanut swung his lightsaber towards Silverbolt and, as he promised, the body of Silverbolt dropped, followed by another object. Peanut stood there panting as the rain continued to pour, gripping his lightsaber tight and looking over what remained of the cultist known as Silverbolt. Peanut had won. "Now, to get back to Chronos," Peanut said as he deactivated his lightsaber and opened up Silverbolt's bag, which contained a ton of Dimension Portal Rings, none of which were labeled, frustratingly enough. "Well, guess I got some traveling to do," Peanut thought as he placed the bag on his shoulder and activated the first Dimension Ring he grabbed, hoping it was the right one...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 8: Back In Time

"PEANUT!" Chronos yelled in happiness as Peanut walked through a Dimension Ring, "WELCOME..."
"Before you say anything," Peanut quickly said, "I like to inform you I just spent the better half trying to find the right Dimension Ring that lead me back here as none of these rings in this bag that Silverbolt had are labeled! The first ring lead me to a dimension where people hunted vaults. The second led me to a place where everything was blocked shaped. There was another that I knew was Star Trek, another that led me to a universe that was clearly heavy metal inspired...I was all over the place!" Chronos nodded, "So...how did you find the right one?"
"Well, I eventually found a Dimension that was labeled, a Dimension DWR, and I was helped by a very nice man who for some reason flew around in a blue box of some kind," Peanut replied, Chronos instantly knowing who he was talking about though deciding to keep it secret for now, "And if you are wondering about Silverbolt..."
"No need," Chronos replied, "I saw what you did in Dimension SW9 and, along with 2xR2 and Zoo, I went and removed all traces of us from those dimensions. I also went ahead and removed Silverbolt from SW9 and placed him back in your dimension. Still dead though buried officially. Now can you hand me the bag, please?" Peanut nodded and handed him the bag of Dimension Portals, Chronos placing them in a nearby container, "I'll have to go through them later but, for now, let's get you back home."
"Sounds good," Peanut said as he watched the Dimension Portal to his home materialize in front of him, "You're welcome for the help, by the way."
"Oh, thank you!" Chronos replied, "Personally, I could've done this myself but I didn't mind the extra paw. Besides, Anubis was right about you: You are one tough puppy." Peanut smiled and blushed a bit before entering the portal and arriving back in his dimension, just in time to see the ending of Fawlty Towers with Duchess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really did very much enjoy the fight scene there! I like how heroic Peanut is in this chapter!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great job, Peanut! And great job Sean, great fight scene, and now Peanut gets to go watch Fawlty Towers with Duchess, just the thing after a battle with a cultist.

Nathan Kerbonaut

That was terrific. Peanut's a beast! Great job Sean :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

EPILOUGE

"Honey? There's someone at the door, could you check?" Elena asked from the living room as she continued dusting some of the shelves. Mungo walked out from the kitchen with a nod and headed to the door to check. He only opened the door no more then a inch when the door suddenly flew open and two, heavily armored beings walked in, the shorter one knocking Mungo to the side. "Hey!" he shouted as he slammed the door shut and grabbed a shotgun from the nearby closet while the duo headed to the living room, where Elena, after seeing the two, freaked out and shouted "WHO ARE YOU!?"
"We are the Plauge," The tall one spoke, its deep voice penetrating all, while the shorter one simply growled a gutteral growl, "We do not mean you harm..." The sound of a shotgun cocking was soon heard as Mungo stood at the entry to the living room, "Harm or no harm, that does NOT give you the right to barge into our house! Now, either speak your peace or I'm arresting you on charges of unlawful entry!" The tall one looked over at the short tank and nodded, the shorter one nodding back before lifting its arms up and unlocking its helmet as the taller one did the same. The tank was the first to remove his helmet and what was underneath shocked both Elena and Mungo. For underneath the massive helmet of the shorter one was, much to their shock, a very much alive Boris, someone they thought had died during the first zombie apocaplyse. As for the tall one? Underneath that helmet was a raccoon who only said, "My name is Tum...Tiny Tum."

Elsewhere in Babylon Gardens, Yeltsin was relaxing in his home, just minding his own buisness, when his doorbell rang. As his owner was out for the day, he wondered if it was just some girl scouts delivering cookies or someone trying to sell some worthless gizmo. "Coming!" He shouted as he leaped from the couch and opened the door, only to see both of his guesses were wrong. Standing at his door was someone that would look right at home on a heavy metal album, complete with a mask covering their canine face, though Yelstin knew it was a husky thanks to the curl.
"Erm, may I help you?" He asked, a bit worried for what was going to happen next. The being stood silently for a bit before their mask, much to Yeltsin's surprise, pulled back a bit like a symbiote and revealed a heavily scarred face that had a good chunk missing. However, what was there was enough to make Yeltsin reel back and go "No way," as the mask recovered the beings face, who went on to say, in a deep gutteral voice, "You may call me Orion. I have a question for you."
"A-a-anything, Orion," Yeltsin stammered, still trying to process everything. Orion looked Yeltsin in the eyes, his white, souless ones on his masked nearly piercing into Yeltsin's soul, and asked his question: "Where is the masked beast that roams the lands?"

(Next Time...Season 6...HousepetZ: Hybrid Hayven)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Ooh boy, this is ominous and exciting, I am definitely interested what these creatures want.

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

A husky? That's interesting, because apparently characters are coming back from the dead(Boris). So... could that husky be...
Nah. It couldn't be.

Or could it?
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh yay I can't wait to see how this chapter of the story is gonna turn out! Something tells me it probably will involve Mungo slipping into stink. :D