HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:02 pm Sounds, great Sean. Is Loki a red panda ? I seem to remember him being a red panda.
Yep! Loki's the red panda!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't wait to see how this chapter goes.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Yeah...hit a writer's block :oops: Having some issues figuring out how I want the newest arc to go, hence the long wait. Gotta love writer's block...sarcasm.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am so sorry that you are having this issue. i really hate it when my creativity or what little of it I have ends up getting stuck at places. Hope you can come over this bump!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update: Slowly getting over my writer's block, so I should be returning to this fic very VERY soon! One nice thing about this block is that it gave me time to rest and think of how to continue this fic (seeing that Sasha will no longer be the main villain for the series. She still has a presence, but she isn't the villain anymore as now it's Loki and Simon Milton's turn). I won't say what my plan is but I can hint at it: Enter The MultiVerse was just the beginning and Go, Go Masked Rider begins the biggest arc I will ever have done for this (even bigger then Bat Out Of The Netherworld).

OK, one more tease:
Joey is about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 am Update: Slowly getting over my writer's block, so I should be returning to this fic very VERY soon!
Yay! :)
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 am OK, one more tease:
Ooh! Sounds awesome! :D
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:12 am
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 am Update: Slowly getting over my writer's block, so I should be returning to this fic very VERY soon!
Yay! :)
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:39 am OK, one more tease:
Ooh! Sounds awesome! :D
Trust me, there is a specific reason why I did Enter The MultiVerse first then Go, Go Masked Rider ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking forward to seeing where you plan to write this story! It has been really nice so far and will only get better!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:38 pm Looking forward to seeing where you plan to write this story! It has been really nice so far and will only get better!
Oh it will :) I think what I got next for HousepetZ is gonna blow your minds in terms of epicness.

All I can say is: Stay tuned for a special moment after Go, Go Masked Rider Part 3 ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds great Sean, I am looking forward to a Joey adventure.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am just glad that he is back to writing again! I can't wait to see what the next chapter is gonna be!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update: I'm still in the planning stages for this arc (So far, it's about NINE arcs long, probably the longest one I've done next to Bat Out Of The Netherworld, though I *might* try to cut it down to at least six if I can successfully merge three arcs together) but I hope to get started on it soon! I will give one more small hint, just to get you guys hyped: Let's just say that 'Enter The MultiVerse' had more ramifications then Chronos had intended to happen and that someone is eyeing the worlds for their own needs. ;)

As for what comes next after these arcs are done? I dunno...how does either a Tarot storyline or a Kevin storyline sound? :)
Harry Johnathan

Kevin
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna go with Tarot as I think that she needs more love. Also can I add a third option and say my character Elena who returns like a ******? :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’d Tarot as well, though I would not be disappointed in seeing a Kevin adventure.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still feel like they could easily bring in more family for Tarot. Maybe finally reveal an owner for her? ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So that's two for Kevin and two for Tarot. Interesting. Maybe I can help with the "voting" (Not really, just something fun) by showing the planned titles for their arcs (Haven't decided on the storyline for either yet):

Tarot - Canine Of Might & Magic(k)
Kevin - RoboDog
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Of the two titles, I prefer Tarot’s. You could, of course do both, as I think they’d both be awesome, but I like the Pomeranian’s title more.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 am Of the two titles, I prefer Tarot’s. You could, of course do both, as I think they’d both be awesome, but I like the Pomeranian’s title more.
True. Admittedly, I come up with the title first then I work on a story line for it, which was the case for Tarot's. Kevin's I did both at the same time as that was surprisingly easy.

Still, guess we'll see what I end up doing once these arcs are done :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a bit more concerned about Kevin's now since that gives me visions of the plot from RoboCop. We don't need more good-looking K-9s to die!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm I'm a bit more concerned about Kevin's now since that gives me visions of the plot from RoboCop. We don't need more good-looking K-9s to die!
Don't worry, Kevin won't die in that arc. In fact, this will be the only thing I spoil: Kevin will NOT be RoboDog. Someone else will be and Kevin will be their partner.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then that is good. But now you got me wondering who WILL be RoboDog. Since turning Alex Murphy into a robot revived Alex Murphy after he was dead, maybe this can do the same for Fox and could be a way that he lives. But I figured Mungo would also be in on it if that was the case and go back to being Fox's partner so I guess it won't be Fox.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:32 pm Well then that is good. But now you got me wondering who WILL be RoboDog. Since turning Alex Murphy into a robot revived Alex Murphy after he was dead, maybe this can do the same for Fox and could be a way that he lives. But I figured Mungo would also be in on it if that was the case and go back to being Fox's partner so I guess it won't be Fox.
It won't be. Fox has been dead in HPZ for a good long time now and I already shown that he's working for another Celestial now (I honestly forget the details atm) and you are right that, if that was the case, Mungo would be involved (and it won't be Mungo either).

As for who will be RoboDog? I'm still running a few candidates to see who'd be better suited but I have narrowed it down to three, alongside what the main plot will be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Does whoever you choose to be RoboDog out of curiosity HAVE to actually die and be brought back? I know they won't stay dead but seeing as how Fox's personality completely changed I'm worried about whoever RoboDog is personality's also being changed.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm Does whoever you choose to be RoboDog out of curiosity HAVE to actually die and be brought back? I know they won't stay dead but seeing as how Fox's personality completely changed I'm worried about whoever RoboDog is personality's also being changed.
They'll be close to death and whoever I choose to be RoboDog? Their personality won't change but they will be having their own issues with being a machine now (Think of the remake of Robocop), along with trying to adjust while keeping their original personality.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

We can rebuild him we have the technology. Okay, that’s the Six Million Dollar Man, but stil...

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly don't know. Between choosing death and coming back as a cyborg with no memory of a past life I think the latter which is being turned into a cyborg might be more horrifying.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 pm I honestly don't know. Between choosing death and coming back as a cyborg with no memory of a past life I think the latter which is being turned into a cyborg might be more horrifying.
It is. Thankfully, I'm not going that route with the story, so you can breathe a sigh of relief :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is good because I would hate it for any of the other characters to be torn into horrific caricatures of their former selves. I'll give you everybody up to this point, even Fox but no more.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:10 pm That is good because I would hate it for any of the other characters to be torn into horrific caricatures of their former selves. I'll give you everybody up to this point, even Fox but no more.
Well it's funny you mention that. Originally, I had a moment where Tarot was going to die rather spectacularly. This arc was going to have a moment where Tarot had joined up once again with Zenyako (that mask from an earlier arc) but she was too far gone so Joey had no choice but to use a special weapon to destroy the mask which sadly, in the process, destroyed Tarot. The moment took heavy inspiration from a scene in the old Guyver anime and I was close to doing this moment. But, after some thought, I felt like I could do some more with her (character building and moments to redeem herself) so I scrapped the idea.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is actually really good! It is always a great idea to flesh characters out! Its a bad idea to destroy them and kill them off.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 pm That is actually really good! It is always a great idea to flesh characters out! Its a bad idea to destroy them and kill them off.
Yep. In fact, to add to that, there's always room more character development for many characters, even subtle ones.

I would like to add one more: This arc in particular went through so many versions, it's not even funny. They ranged from Joey being a solo hero to him forming his own team of heroes (which had a very funny moment where he thinks about having Rook join but decides against it as to not incur the wrath of Bailey and King) to the aforementioned Tarot death and more.

Heck, speaking of scrapped ideas, at one point? I had planned on doing two prequels to HousepetZ before Masked Rider; One was going to be set before the events of the very first arc and be very Resident Evil 1 inspired and the other was a return to Silent Hill, this time starring Terrance, which the ending would've lead right into the events of the first arc. Along side those and Bat Out Of The Netherworld IV and the entire Pandora's Box arc (BTW, in universe, Sabrina is back in Babylon Gardens now), there was also an arc that was going to be an unofficial Evil Dead 4 called Return Of The Army Of Darkness, which I teased with Ash showing up in an earlier story (I scrapped it due to time), along side one arc I keep wanting to do but I keep scrapping: The Towering Inferno arc. Based on the movie of the same name, it would've starred Slayder (Tarot's brother), a fire dog, trying to rescue PIt Milton and others trapped in a luxury tower that was set ablaze by Steward, who was given another chance at living thanks to Sasha.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think out of all of the characters that you have put into the story and the effort you put into them that I like Slayder the most and i know he has to be muscular since he is a fire dog. :D

So yeah. I would like more of him please in whatever way I can get him.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:51 pm I think out of all of the characters that you have put into the story and the effort you put into them that I like Slayder the most and i know he has to be muscular since he is a fire dog. :D

So yeah. I would like more of him please in whatever way I can get him.
Yes he is muscular and maybe I'll do an arc with him sometime down the road :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I may have just found Elena's second boyfriend in the HZST universe. :P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I like that you have a sibling for Tarot, hopefully he’ll help her.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention the more hunks in this story the better. :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm Not to mention the more hunks in this story the better. :D
Well hehe the arc after Masked Rider is gonna have....four hunks ;)
Harry Johnathan

I, for one, would appreciate seeing an arc where someone gets launched by a catapult like medieval times. I don't know this idea came into my head, but if did.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I need the hunks to be single! And the catapult suggestion that Ryder posted gives me an idea.