HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

(Interesting theories you guys have! But I am surprised no one figured out who's going to stop Tiger next time ;) )

HousepetZ: Revenge Of The Feline Menace To Society
Chapter 2: A Rather Quick Fight and A Rather Interesting Way To Deal With Zombies

"There it is," Anubis pointed. Sitting in the middle of a clearing and meditating was, indeed, the Masked Beast, whose size and shape took Cerberus by surprise but not by much, as Anubis explained, "Even though Zenyako is pretty strong, Tarot wasn't so he had to compensate for that hence the new loo...Cerberus? Where'd you go?" In the time it took for him to say what he wanted to say, Cerberus had already walked away from Anubis and was just shy a few feet away from Zenyako/Tarot.
"ZENYAKO!" She shouted, "I thought you were confined to your room!" The beast woke from its meditation and turned around, towering over Cerberus, the mask hiding Tarot's face. "And a very good morning to you as well, Cerberus," Zenyako said, "Oh, I am still in my room! I just put my soul in this mask and sent it down here to have fun!"
"Fun? Aside from those cultists you went after, your 'fun' is costing Tarot her freedom!" Cerberus snapped, "So, before I am forced to get violent, why don't you do us all a favor and..."
"And what? Leave Tarot alone and let her continue to wallow and be furious at us Celestials for supposedly hiding the truth about her brother, someone that even I didn't know existed?" Zenyako retorted, "Honestly, if it wasn't for me, who knows what Tarot here would've done. Now, if you would excuse us, you interupted our meditation so we'd..." Before Zenyako could even finish, Cerberus had heard enough (she knew how Zenyako operated and knew he was truly just using Tarot for his own gain and plans) and, with one punch, sent Zenyako/Tarot flying backwards and taking out a few trees in the process. "OOF!" Zenyako/Tarot grunted, "OK, you wanna dance? Let's tango, dog!" With a mighty roar, Zenyako/Tarot raced and leaped towards Cerberus. Thankfully, due to no small part to her earlier encounter with Sasha, Cerberus was ready for any attack and simply stepped aside and let Zenyako/Tarot hit the ground instead of her. With a small opening now available to her, Cerberus jumped onto Tarot's body and began pulling and yanking at the Zenyako Mask, Tarot screaming and roaring, begging Cerberus not to take the mask. Cerberus, however, just roared back, "It's for your own good!" and, with one mighty pull, yanked the mask off of Tarot, turning her back into her normal self.
"Well...that was anti-climatic," Zenyako admitted as Cerberus held the mask in her paw, "I forgot you were stronger then me." Cerberus just chuckled before sending the soul of Zenyako back to him and destroying the mask. Zenyako, up in his room, just shrugged and said, "Well, back to the drawing board, I guess." Back on Earth, Cerberus looked down at Tarot, who had passed out from the removal of the mask, and sighed. Looking over at Anubis, she told him to call an ambulance as Tarot needed some medical attention. As he did, Cerberus rubbed her paw over Tarot's body and whispered to her, "It's OK to be angry, but never let it make your choices."

Back in Babylon Gardens, Kevin, who had the day off, was relaxing on the front yard, strumming away on a guitar and playing whatever solo came to his head. As his mind was on the music, he had zero idea he was being watched from afar and, indeed, he was. For one house down from him, Tiger stood spying him with twenty of his personal army behind him.
"OK, here's the new plan: You twenty will capture Kevin and inject him with the gift I gave you," Tiger explained, pointing to the Virus Embryo, "Once he has it, he'll go to his job at the K9's and give them the embryo as well. If this works out as well as I envisioned it...OOOOH we got the K9's working for us! If not, well, we'll just have Kevin work for us then and I'll figure something else we can do to stop the K9's. I'm thinking we may end up just locking one hundred skunks in the building with them with no way of escape." With a shrug, Tiger gave the command and sent the twenty to capture Kevin as he would sit in the back and wait for the results. While the twenty slowly approached their target, Kevin was still strumming away and rocking out as he played the entire guitar sections of Deep Purple's 'Highway Star'. As the twenty got closer, Kevin's playing became louder and faster, which caused an odd reaction in the zombies, much to dismay of Tiger, who said at first "What the fluff is going on?" before his eyes went wider then watermelons at what he was seeing. He watched as his new zombie army started to twitch and convulse before collapsing to the ground. He tried to issue a command but, to his surprise, they didn't listen. One of them, a human name Howard, stood up and groaned, "Wha...what happened?"
"Huh?" Kevin turned around, now done playing, and was surprised to see a bunch of apparently passed out folks on his driveway, "What's going on here?" Howard, shaking his head, then suddenly spat up a small dead creature, much to the disgust of Kevin, before recognizing it, "Say, I seen this thing...Yeah, I remember I was in a basement of sorts with others and this dog was showing us how this embryo would help him take over this town...Huh, guess it's weak to music," Indeed it was as the other folks, along with a few infected pets, stood up and also spat their creatures out. While still feeling a bit grossed out, Kevin looked over at Howard and asked if he remembered the dogs name, Howard nodding and saying the name was Tiger, before remembering that he was watching them and pointed to where a shocked and surprised Tiger was.
"Oh d-d-d-d-dear," Tiger stammered before running off. Kevin shook his head and said to Howard, "You said there were others, right?" Howard nodded and Kevin, looking at his guitar, grinned, "Alright, you and the rest of the folks meet me there. I'll be over in one minute. Need to make a call to the K9's and get Mungo over here with his truck."
"Why a truck?" Howard asked. Kevin smiled and pointed at his amps, "My car's in the shop and I need something to transport these amps!"

(Next Time...Season Finale...HousepetZ: Tiger's Fall In The Mud)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, that blew up in Tiger’s face. Looks like Tarot will (hopefully) be okay, nice chapter, looking forward to seeing Tiger get his mud bath.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

If I were Cerberus I wouldn't have let off Zenyako as easily. I've been worried about Tarot, I hope she's okay now. As for Kevin and Mungo, I can't wait to see them rock out :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You will get bonus points if Elena is the one that gives him the mud bath since he gave one to her.

Also I need a throwaway comment about her revenge on Mungo. But anyway, great job on the chapter!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Tiger's Fall In The Mud
The One And Only Chapter: An Unexpected Savior

"TIGER! THIS IS THE POLICE! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED! COME OUT WITH YOUR PAWS UP!" Indeed, much to Tiger's horror, the K9's and Police had surrounded his home, though none had their weapons drawn, something he was thankful for.
"I ain't comin' out!" He yelled out the window, "What happened earlier was just a minor setback that is easily fixed...I think..." he mumbled the last part as he was confused still as to how music was able to kill the embryo. Unbeknownst to Tiger, Kevin and Mungo was setting up a few amps around the basement windows and prepping the guitars.
"So, you wanna do Judas Priest or Iron Maiden," Kevin grinned as he readied his guitar. Mungo smirked, "Well, since we're delivering some painkillers, let's break the law with Judas Priest!" Both Kevin and Mungo howled to the sky then, with the amps set to eleven, performed a rockin' rendition of the classic Priest song 'Breaking The Law'. Inside the basement, the remaining soldiers of Tiger began to convulse and twitch as the embryos within them died, releasing them from Tiger's control. As they did, Kix and her squad started leading the people outside and to safety, allowing the nearby medics to give them check-up to make sure the embryos are, indeed, dead. Hearing the music and watching his army leave the house, Tiger began swearing up a storm, even saying words that would make a sailor blush, as he realized his plans were quickly coming undone. "Welp," he groaned, "Guess I have no other choice." Once the music subsided and the gathered K9's, Police, and freed people were done clapping, Ralph raised the megaphone again, "ALRIGHT, TIGER! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE! COME OUT WITH YOUR PAWS UP OR WE'RE COMING IN!" The gathered waited to see what Tiger was going to do, Kix and her squad ready to go at a moments notice. Suddenly, the front door slowly opened up as a stick holding a white flag poked out. "Don't shoot!" Tiger shouted, "I'm coming out!" Ralph nodded and told everyone to hold their fire as Tiger walked out.
"Very good," Ralph shouted, "Now put your paws on your head!" Tiger nodded and began to raise both paws, only to drop the one to pull out a small pistol and point it at the K9's, shouting, "FOOLS! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM? I AM TIGER ARBELT! THE MASTER OF THE VIRUS! THE ONE WHO WILL REVOLUTIONIZE CHILDREN'S TV! I AM..." Suddenly, he went very quiet as he stood there swaying in the breeze, leading to Kix to ask what he was going to say. Tiger, in return, just smiled a dorky grin and, after blubbering something unintelligible, collapsed to the ground and face first into a pile of mud. While everyone was confused at what happened, Ralph ordered Terrance and Mungo to get Tiger and bring him to the medic tent to at least have him checked out. As Mungo lifted Tiger up, Terrance grabbed the fallen pistol, which turned out to be nothing more then a water gun that Tiger forgot to fill up, only to then notice something close to where Tiger fell. "Huh", he said to Mungo as he lifted the baseball up, "I wonder where this came from?"
"Excuse me!" Terrance turned around and saw, running into the yard, a young puppy by the name of Ace, "Um, that's my baseball...can I have it back?"
"You hit this?" Terrance said in shock, Ace nodding shyly, "Y-y-yes. I was playing with Draggy and I accidentally hit the ball to hard. I'm not in trouble am I?" Terrance laughed and scooped up Ace in his arms, "My boy? You just saved Babylon Gardens!" As the surrounding K9's, Police, and freed civilians heard what Terrance said, they all cheered for Ace, who was now sporting a giant smile and holding the baseball. Dragon looked on and smiled as she watched everyone cheering for Ace, texting King to let him know what happened. In the entire history of Babylon Gardens, Tiger Arbelt's little event will no doubt go down in history as one of the dumbest things to ever happen to the town, though it would've probably succeeded, if it wasn't for a baseball and a young pup named Ace.

Later that day, Zach, Jess, and Fenrir were watching TV and munching away on some KFC chicken when the news suddenly came on, talking about the earlier incident with Tiger and how Ace put a stop to him.
"You look disappointed, Zach," Fenrir said, noticed Zach was sporting a different look. Zach nodded, "I guess I thought I was going to be the one to fulfill that Prophecy Of Steel..."
"You never were," Fenrir replied, "See, the whole prophecy was about how Tiger was going to come close to starting a second zombie apocalypse, but would be stopped by a smack to the head. The rest of the stuff in there? Bahumat added that stuff for filler and they really didn't mean nothing at all." Zach looked over at Fenrir, "Are you joking now?!" Fenrir shook his head, "Nope. However, you and I did fulfill parts of it, namly you going to the Netherworld and destroying your Beast In Black. Otherwise, it was always going to end with Tiger getting smacked in the head and preventing the next zombie outbreak."
"Who would've thought it'd be a child who would stop it," Jess added, both Zach and Fenrir chuckling before the three returned to chicken eating and watching an episode of 'Green Acres'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HousepetZ: Tiger's Fall In The Mud
EPILOUGE

On the outside of the gardens, next to an RV, stood a immaculately dressed figure, wearing a grin five miles wide. Their suit was green like the grass with a gold chain hanging from the pocket. The smiling one looked over at the nearby welcome sign that read 'Welcome To Babylon Gardens' and began to chuckle before evolving to laughing like a mainiac. As the sun began to set behind him, the figure looked over at the town and said with a smile, "Keene may have been an appetizer, but I'm the main course. Ready yourself, Gardens...Simon Milton is back in town!" before returning to his RV while laughing manically.

(Next Time...Season 9...HousepetZ: Hello Gardens, Simon's Back In Town!...and the start of the arc 'Simon Says It's Time For Round 2')
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice chapter! Would never have suspected Ace. Looking forward to the next season with Simon.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 am Nice chapter! Would never have suspected Ace. Looking forward to the next season with Simon.
Thank you! I originally was going to have Olive be the one, but I decided it was time for Ace to have some time in the spotlight :)

As for Season 9, yes, Simon Milton is back (How did he survive his encounter with Sasha? You'll find out soon ;) ), which means I can officially reveal the arcs for this season:
HousepetZ: Hello Gardens, Simon's Back In Town!
HousepetZ: Do I Look Like A Ferret With A Plan?
HousepetZ: I'm An Agent Of Chaos
HousepetZ: The K9's Are Fighting And Simon's Going Mad!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful job ending this chapter! I did enjoy reading it! It was a wonderful chapter! I have a feeling the K9s are gonna be heavily involved soon and I smell some problems starting.

Oh wait, that is just Mungo after Elena's revenge. XP
Nathan Kerbonaut

Three cheers for Ace! Tiger's downfall couldn't have been better. Maybe Olive will get her chance at Simon in season 9 :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Little hold-over until the next arc starts and a tease to a future arc)
HousepetZ
ONE MONTH AFTER Tiger's Fall In The Mud

It was a cool, Thursday morning in Babylon Gardens and Sabrina had decided to spend the day reading some books she bought from a online store. Fido had gone out for the day, so Sabrina was able to have some quiet time to herself on one of the couches. While a few of the books she was reading was some mangas she enjoyed, she however found herself drawn to the book called 'Mysteries Of The Garden: A Look Into The History Of Babylon Gardens', specifically the chapter on the strange things that had happened to the town over the years. While most of the stuff listed seemed similar to the whole Universes & Unrealities game that she was a part of, there was one thing that caught her attention more then anything else in the chapter. Right after the section on 'Animal Reincarnation?', there was a lengthy section about a trio of felines called 'The Three Felines', who were Feline Suspiriorum, Feline Tenebrarum, and Feline Lachrymarum. Each one were heavily tied to witchcraft and were behind some of the more grisly murders throughout the 1500's and into the late 1600's before their deaths via burning at the stake in 1721. "...'however, before their deaths, each one of the felines spoke cryptically, saying that when the one in black is vanquish, they shall return and continue their work for their master Eudoant'..." Sabrina read, "...'While no such being was ever reported, there have been various reports and sightings by many, saying that the felines are indeed alive, though this has been widely debated'...Interesting..." she then commented as she put the book down and stood up from the couch to stretch, "Might do some more research into this trio sometime...maybe I'll see if Dragon ever saw or heard of those three..."

(Coming soon...Season 13...The Three Felines arc)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

An Argento homage? This should be interesting.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CunningFox wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am An Argento homage? This should be interesting.
You hit the nail on the head! It will be a while before I get to those arcs as I really want those arcs to be a proper tribute to the horror legend himself (Which means tons of research on my part).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like it is gonna be a great arc! I can't wait to read it once you get it up!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds good, is Sabrina going to be a major player in that arc?

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:53 pm Sounds good, is Sabrina going to be a major player in that arc?
Yep! Season 13 is going to be a Sabrina-centric arc as I figured it's time for her to shine :)

The arcs for Season 13:
HousepetZ: Phenomena Of The Opera
HousepetZ: The Sighs Of The First Feline
HousepetZ: Darkness Embraces The Second Feline
HousepetZ: Taste The Tears Of The Third Feline
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds great, I like Sabrina.

Nathan Kerbonaut

I'm pumped for that arc, Sabrina is one of my faves. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am excited to see what you have planned Sean! It's gonna be great!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Sooo...Yeah, apparently my mind was in over-drive as...I have planned out Seasons 13-22 (Yeah, 10 more seasons planned) as I work on this season :) If this was a TV series, it'd be the longest running series ever :lol: But, I'm feeling nice today so...here's a teaser for Seasons 13, 16, 20, and 21 (Feel free to speculate):

Pandora's Box will soon be opened and with it shall come six beings with a shared interest
To close such a box, another must be open and a deal must be made
A deal so great and with a heavy price but will save a great many
Solve the puzzle and, if worthy, the deal shall be made.
But solve the puzzle and not worthy? May your suffering be legendary even in the Netherworld

The Six Of The Box:
The Three Felines (Counted as three separate beings)
The Mortician
The Unimaginable Creatures
The One Behind The Mirrors
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That all looks really good about what is coming up in the story! I can't wait to read what you have in store!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

They sound great, can’t wait to read them.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I was a bit on the busy side so I wasn't able to work on the next arc last week, but I think I might be able to get two chapters of it done this week (If I get a few other things done ahead of time)!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Take your time. Love what you have planned for the future. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:41 pm Three cheers for Ace! Tiger's downfall couldn't have been better. Maybe Olive will get her chance at Simon in season 9 :lol:
Ultimate foul ball.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 am (Little hold-over until the next arc starts and a tease to a future arc)
HousepetZ

It was a cool, Thursday morning in Babylon Gardens and Sabrina had decided to spend the day reading some books she bought from a online store. Fido had gone out for the day, so Sabrina was able to have some quiet time to herself on one of the couches. While a few of the books she was reading was some mangas she enjoyed, she however found herself drawn to the book called 'Mysteries Of The Garden: A Look Into The History Of Babylon Gardens', specifically the chapter on the strange things that had happened to the town over the years. While most of the stuff listed seemed similar to the whole Universes & Unrealities game that she was a part of, there was one thing that caught her attention more then anything else in the chapter. Right after the section on 'Animal Reincarnation?', there was a lengthy section about a trio of felines called 'The Three Felines', who were Feline Suspiriorum, Feline Tenebrarum, and Feline Lachrymarum. Each one were heavily tied to witchcraft and were behind some of the more grisly murders throughout the 1500's and into the late 1600's before their deaths via burning at the stake in 1721. "...'however, before their deaths, each one of the felines spoke cryptically, saying that when the one in black is vanquish, they shall return and continue their work for their master Eudoant'..." Sabrina read, "...'While no such being was ever reported, there have been various reports and sightings by many, saying that the felines are indeed alive, though this has been widely debated'...Interesting..." she then commented as she put the book down and stood up from the couch to stretch, "Might do some more research into this trio sometime...maybe I'll see if Dragon ever saw or heard of those three..."

.... Not The Barn Cats....?....!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:41 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 am (Little hold-over until the next arc starts and a tease to a future arc)
HousepetZ

.... Not The Barn Cats....?....!
Nope :) These three are much different then the Barn Cats.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

That's reassuring! maybe.................
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Still looking forward to whatever you are gonna serve us up! I would give you bonus points if it included Elena and her epic revenge against Mungo. :lol: :mrgreen:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Hello Gardens, Simon's Back In Town!
Chapter 1: An Actual Normal Day In Babylon Gardens

TWO MONTHS LATER...

"Settle down everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! I will freely admit I finally was able to get some relaxation in myself. A whole two months with nothing too unusual happening, other then Delusional Steve's usual antics," Ralph joked, the other K9's and officers chuckling, "But now lets get down to buisness. As some of you are aware by now, fellow K9 Officer Elena has resigned from the K9's and has, as of last week, moved back down to her familys home in Florida. We all wish her the best in her future endeavors. Moving on, Tiger's rehabilitation is going as well as anyone would expect...we got a long ways to go with him, basically. Otherwise, yeah, today just do your regular patrols and that's it. Dismissed." The K9's and officers all left the conference room and, as instructed, just went about their normal duties. Mungo, deciding to do a simple drive around the town for his patrol, grabbed his gear and began making his way to the main exit when Max came running up to him. "Mind if I tag along today?" he asked Mungo, who smiled and replied, "Sure! I won't mind the company!" As the two left and walked to their patrol car, Max looked over at Mungo and asked, "So, you and Elena...what happened that lead to you two breaking up, if I may ask?"
"Well..." Mungo began, "After I returned home from the Netherworld that day and told Elena what had happened, she started to become too stressed out and worried over everything, even more so then usual. Tiger kicking her into the mud didn't help much either, she got mad when I sent the picture to Fido, which I did it to show where Tiger was last seen and nothing more. Yes, I admit I laughed at first until I learned who gave her said bath, which was AFTER I sent the text, then I wasn't laughing to be honest. She also began saying she'll get her revenge for that pic, even though I told her countless of times why I took the pic and sent to the K9's. Truth be told, our relationship was pretty rocky from the start and me returning from The Netherworld and the mud-bath were the straws that broke the camels back, so to speak. I knew was wanting to return home and I volunteered to drive her to the airport but, last week when I came home? She had already left for the airport and left a note for me. Do I miss her? Well, yes and no. Yes and I do wish her the best. But no because...well, I never really felt a connection with her, know what I mean?" Max nodded, "Did she leave you any means of contacting her?" he asked as he got into the car. Mungo replied as he started the engine, "Just an email address, but that's it. I will probably chat with her when I get the free time, but right now? I kind of want to move on with my life, you know? I don't want to focus on the past or worry about if I'll find another girl in the future. Right now, I want to focus on the here and now. Besides, no one knows what tomorrow may bring." Max smiled and patted Mungo on the shoulder as they backed out of the parking lot and began their route.

Meanwhile, across town, Peanut and Duchess were shopping with Dragon and Zodd's game store, looking at the selection and trying to decide what they wanted to pick up. The first game Peanut picked up was the adventure classic 'King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride', which Duchess took a look at the title and chuckled, "The game's not bad, Peanut, but it's a far cry from the other games in the series played."
"How so?" Peanut asked as took in the artwork of the front of the box, "It looks fun!" Duchess shook her head and smiled, "Are you familiar with the CD-i games, namly the infamous Zelda games?" Peanut looked at her, his face now sporting a worried look, and nodded, "Well, Peanut? The same company that made those games, Animation Magic? They worked on the animation for this game." She then pulled her phone out and brought up one of the cutscenes for the games and showed it to Peanut. He took one look at the animation and all the nightmares from the CD-i Zelda games came rushing back to him, leading him to put the game back slowly. Duchess just laughed, "Sorry to bring back bad memories. The game's not bad, believe me, but I can see why you don't want to play it." Peanut nodded, the color returning to his face as he looked for another adventure game to try while Duchess went over and began browsing the various PS1 games, hoping to find a copy of Intelligence Qube for a good price. As they browsed, Dragon was busy putting some new movies on the shelf while Zodd was placing the new vinyls they got on the other shelves.
"Hey, Draggy, check it out!" Zodd smiled as he showed one of the albums, "We finally got a copy of a Ronnie And The Red Caps album!" Dragon smiled but admitted she didn't know who they were at first, until Zodd said, "It's Ronnie James Dio's first band...you know the guy? Rainbow In The Dark? Holy Diver? Rock N Roll Children?" Then Dragon knew who he was talking about then! As the two continued working, and Peanut and Duchess continued browsing, the doors to the shop opened up and in walked someone that Dragon instantly knew.
"Dad! What brings you to my neck of the woods?" Indeed, it was Thunderbird, Dragon's father. He laughed, "Ah, I was just in town and I figured I stop in and see how you two were doing!"
"We're doing good! Just putting some new stock up at the moment," Zodd replied while Thunderbird waved at both Peanut and Duchess, who waved back, "Been pretty quiet these last two months. Nothing really crazy happening to be honest."
"That's what Anubis said when I visited him earlier," Thunderbird replied as both he and Dragon shared a quick hug, "Oh, before I forget uh Peanut and Duchess? Anubis wanted me to tell you two he will be able to make it for the Star Wars marathon tomorrow." Peanut gave a thumbs up as Duchess said, "Oh, that is tomorrow, ain't it? We better stop at the store then and get some snacks for tomorrow. Hopefully we can find those chips you like." Peanut added then that "We better not forget about the chip dip either!" Peanut reminded, "Can't have chips without the dip!" which made Duchess laugh a bit before the two hugged each other and continued looking at the game selection, while Zodd, Thunderbird, and Dragon continued chatting away for a bit.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good work on this, I have a feeling that the quiet is about to be shattered. Nice to see Max and Mungo together, though it’s too bad Mungo and Elena broke up. It’s also good to see Duchess and Peanut hanging out together and being a good couple. I wish Dragon and Zodd’s store was real because it sounds so much better than any of the game stores I’ve been to. Anyways, keep up the good work, and I am really looking forward to reading what happens next.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Too bad it didn't work out between Mungo and Elena. It's nice to see everyone's living their best lives before Simon ruins everything. :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be honest, I much preferred Elena to be paired with Fox anyway (when he was, you know, alive).

Anyway nice job on the chapter!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Thank you all for the responses to this chapter! Just to give a heads up, this arc, and the next two, are really a 'Calm Before The Hurricane' series. See, right now, Simon isn't ready to take on Babylon Gardens just yet as he wants to formulate a plan (The title 'Hello Gardens, Simon's Back In Town' along with the remaining two arcs in this season are actually references to famous Joker lines...while the fourth arc 'The K9's Are Fighting And Simon's Going Mad! is a reference to a certain popular Abridged series on YouTube) as he doesn't want to charge headfirst like Osiris/Keene, Tiger, and Sasha did...same time, I wanted to give myself a bit of a break from writing Action Scenes so I planned these out to be more light-hearted and relaxing :) So yeah, otherwise, stay tuned for Chapter 2 of this arc!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sounds good, looking forward to it :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Looking forward to reading what you have in store for us, I’m sure it will be awesome.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure it will be good.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So just a minor update (Sorry for no posts, last week was pretty busy for me): I'm scrapping the entirety of HousepetZ: Season 11 and reworking it to fit more in line with a new story-line I'll be introducing soon...well I say the entire season, but I am keeping the arc 'A Good Day To Die Hard With A Harder Vengeance' though it'll occur at a later season. Other then that, as long as I don't get distracted by my novel...or 100%ing Doom Eternal...next chapter should go up this week!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds good, Sean looking forward to it.

Nathan Kerbonaut

I appreciate the hard work you put into this fic, Sean. I'm looking forward to what's next, but take your time :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you are scrapping season 11 does that mean you are scrapping Mungo/Elena's breakup? XD