HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh then forget that I said anything. That was a mistake on my part since I didn't read the chapter correctly. My bad.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

This is just more of a curiosity thing on my part but as I work on the next part, I am curious: How many here actually remember Jazz Jackrabbit and Extreme Dinosaurs*?

*Fun Fact: Before going with T-Bone, it was originally going to be either Donatello from TMNT, Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers, the Disney's Robin Hood or a Khajitt from Skyrim
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I remember Extreme Dinosaurs. My cousin might have an Extreme Dinosaurs action figure, she bought it for her brother but he didn’t want it.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When you said T-Bone, admittedly I thought you were referring to the Swat Kat. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:09 pm When you said T-Bone, admittedly I thought you were referring to the Swat Kat. XD
Funny enough, he WAS gonna be in this story as well but I ended up going with T-Bone of Extreme Dinosaurs (mainly cause I wanted more then just cats and dogs on a team :P )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wouldn't have minded if he was in the story since the creators of Swat Kats screwed the fans over and didn't make a revival series.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update:

After doing some thinking about it, I decided to NOT do the Robodog arc after Galactic Rangers is over as I don't think it would've been as good as I envisioned it. Basically, the plot was Custom Ink was gonna break out of jail and form a new gang, which would've resulted in Mungo and Terrance going to investigate. This would've lead to Terrance getting gunned down and becoming the titular Robodog and that is as far as the planning went, to be honest. While a good idea and would've been a nice change of pace, it felt a bit too dark for this series and I didn't want to do that drastic of a character change to someone right after a major arc (Plus, I already did a few movie homages already - Speed with 'Rush Hour', Hot Fuzz/Silent Hill with 'The Town On The Edge Of Insanity' and, while not a movie, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard with 'Backwater Nightmare').

So, what's going to be next after Galactic Rangers? Probably one centered around the K9's newest member - which is the grizzly bear character I teased - before the Tarot arc begins (which will also be a Daisy arc as I want to bring her back and shed some more light on her Ghost Rider form I introduced some chapters back).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really going to be looking forward to it! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:46 pm Really going to be looking forward to it! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Thanks. Funny enough, Daisy wasn't going to be in the Tarot arc but...I was watching some clips from 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' and was thinking about Ghost Riders powers and had one amazing idea I wanted to incorporate into the story and, long story short, I decided to bring back Daisy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She better watch her back if a certain psychotic monster rematerializes because I don't think she would be too happy about Daisy moving on with her ex who was the one who killed her.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:29 pm She better watch her back if a certain psychotic monster rematerializes because I don't think she would be too happy about Daisy moving on with her ex who was the one who killed her.
You mean Sasha? She ain't coming back and she won't be the villain of Tarot's arc.
Robotic

Post by Robotic »

Zombie's Be Like: We ain't going through Pennsylvania, the traffic's nuts in Philly! Have you seen Florida People, news flash, it's all swamp. And don't get us started on Texas! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonder how many other states would offend a zombie's delicate sensibilities? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Robotic wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 pm Zombie's Be Like: We ain't going through Pennsylvania, the traffic's nuts in Philly! Have you seen Florida People, news flash, it's all swamp. And don't get us started on Texas! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure if we think hard enough we can all find reasons that zombies would want to stay away from each state. :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update:

Just a small update today. The rest of the 'Galactic Rangers' arc is officially all planned out and I'm ready to begin typing it out (Probably won't be until this weekend or next week) AND I've also got the name and story line down for Tarot's arc! The name of her arc shall be...IMAGINARIUM and it'll involve Tarot learning about another Celestial item, this one belonging to Dragon, and her journey to claim it and become the hero she feels she should always have been.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That all does sounds really magnificent! I can't wait to read it all!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:57 pm That all does sounds really magnificent! I can't wait to read it all!
It's gonna be a fun one, I can say that (It's heavily inspired by the music of NIghtwish).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never listened to their music but I am sure it will be thrilling!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:53 am I never listened to their music but I am sure it will be thrilling!
They're a great band and I do recommend them greatly. Songs like 'Storytime', 'Wishmaster,' 'I Wish I Had An Angel', 'FantasMic' (which is a tribute to Disney), 'Ghost Love Score', 'Dark Chest Of Wonders' and 'Every Endless Form Most Beautiful' are some I highly recommend.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds great, Sean, looking forward to Tarot’s quest.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooh! Is Slayder going to be making an appearance in her story?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:21 pm Oooh! Is Slayder going to be making an appearance in her story?
No, but he is making an appearance in the next arc after Galactic Rangers, which is where the K9's get a new recruit (A Grizzly Bear).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow that sounds like it would be a good chapter then! I can't wait to read it! Though honestly I want to see Slayder more. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Apologies for the delay. Was going through some issues again (Trust me: Of all battles you'll ever face, the one against your own mind will be the toughest) but I'm better now (changing up what I do and refocusing on positive thinking and on the present helps). I was hoping to get this storyline done by the end of the month but it looks like it may leak into next month a bit. I have no plans to cut anything from the storyline as I have everything already planned out (including an ending no one will see coming) but I also have no plans to rush this, something that was evident in some of the past arcs. I'll try to get the next part of Galactic Rangers, which I'm titling 'BROKEN ALLIANCE', out this week, if not this weekend. Again, sorry for the wait.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

No problem Sean, your health is more important, glad you’re feeling better, looking forward to your epic.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You don't have to worry about keeping us waiting because of certain issues. We understand completely that your health comes first! Hope you can recover quickly!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

You come first, Sean.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am This is just more of a curiosity thing on my part but as I work on the next part, I am curious: How many here actually remember Jazz Jackrabbit and Extreme Dinosaurs*?

*Fun Fact: Before going with T-Bone, it was originally going to be either Donatello from TMNT, Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers, the Disney's Robin Hood or a Khajitt from Skyrim
If you'd gone with T-Bone, I would have expected soon to see Clifford and Cleo. ;) (Boomer thing.)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 am
SeanWolf wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am This is just more of a curiosity thing on my part but as I work on the next part, I am curious: How many here actually remember Jazz Jackrabbit and Extreme Dinosaurs*?

If you'd gone with T-Bone, I would have expected soon to see Clifford and Cleo. ;) (Boomer thing.)
:lol: Man, i remember that show! Loved watching it growing up!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My eldest daughter really loved it. She drew the characters frequently and got very good at them. My son and youngest daughter never got into them; too sedate for Paul and Eleanor liked the more energetic comedies like Animaniacs better.
Harry Johnathan

*Heathcliff, Heathcliff, no one should terrorize the neighborhood...*
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Writer's block: Gotta love it. Yeah, I'm having issues trying to decide how I want the next chapter to go and can't figure anything out. It's funny as I know how the next one will proceed, along with the final two arcs in this storyline, but I can't figure out how I want this chapter to go >.< I will get this chapter done sometime, just need to figure out just how the fluff to do it >.<
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Minor update...WE ARE BACK ON TRACK! WRITER'S BLOCK IS GONE AND I'M NOW ON OVERDRIVE! I WILL get this series of arcs done! Not much else to say but...HousepetZ is BACK!
Harry Johnathan

Whoop whoop!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice! Looking forward to it!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Broken Alliance
Chapter 1

FIVE MONTHS LATER
"Hawk! Hunter! Get to the second floor and try to cut them off!" Joey yelled at Hawk as he narrowly dodged a bench. The huge Silver City Mall is often considered the friendliest and safest malls in the city though one wouldn't think that if they were in the mall at this hour. For inside, the duo of Simon and Loki were planning on executing an attack there but the Galactic Rangers were quickly alerted and, in little to no time at all, the rangers arrived and began chasing the duo down. Joey, T-Bone, Tigress, and Jazz chased the two as Hunter and Hawk took to the upper floors in an attempt to cut the duo off.
“Persistent, aren’t they, Simon?” Loki chuckled, leaping over a bench with the ease of an Olympic hurdler. Sliding under the same bench, Simon chortled, smacking away a nearby ferret customer, “Very persistent, Loki, my friend.” The smacked ferret bounced off the wall and hit the ground quite hard. Joey, seeing the incident, ordered Jazz to treat the wounded ferret and to try to catch up once they were OK. The other three would continue the chase.
“Dang, they’re fast runners!” Hunter said as he ran alongside Hawk, who chuckled as he replied back, “Should’ve seen some of the bounties I’ve hunted in my dimension! Pretty sure they would’ve put these guys to shame!” Continuing their chase and avoiding any customers in their way, with Hawk pulling off a rather impressive move with him jumping onto the rail, running across it, and landing behind the crowd of customers in front of them that didn’t want to move as they were quote “in a serious conversation about prom night”.Back down below, Loki and Simon continued to run, passing by a random human, when, in his little brain, an idea struck Simon. “Say, why don’t we give these ‘rangers’ a little test?” he asked Loki, motioning at the human behind him. Loki looked at Simon, then at the human, then back at Simon and smiled. “I love your thinking, Simon.” With a spin that would make Mario jealous, Loki aimed his staff at the human and, with a special selection of words, shot a ray of Asguardian Magic at the human, filling the small area he stood with smoke. Joey and company stopped as they saw the smoke, wondering what happened. Suddenly, there was a growl, followed by a rather frightening roar. Then, as the smoke cleared, Joey, T-Bone, and Tigress could only stare in horror (and trying to catch their breaths) as, towering over them, was a massive and rather scary looking grizzly bear. Behind the bear, hiding within one of the stores, Loki and Simon looked on at Loki’s handiwork, Simon smiling rather sinisterly. “Oh, he is beautiful, Loki.”
“Thank you, Simon,” Loki smiled, his red fur shining in the light, “I’ll admit it’s not my best work but it’ll do in this case.” Back outside, the trio, with Jazz soon coming up from behind, could only look on at the approaching bear, trying to figure out just how to deal with something of this size and caliber.
“So uh Joey?” T-Bone asked, “Did you ever deal with...something like that before?” Joey, though his armor masked his scared expression, shook his head. Never in the history of his world has there been anything like this, so even he had no idea how to deal with something like this. Even though they didn’t have a solid plan, the four did know they had to find a way to keep this thing from attacking the public. But just how was the million dollar question of the hour. Just how does one deal with something larger than any of them? Before they could even try to formulate a plan, like a bird diving for prey, Hawk suddenly came flying from the upper levels and landed on the beast. The massive beast began to roar and thrash about as Hawk held on as best as he could, digging his paws into the beast.
“Hawk! Hold on!” Tigress shouted.
“What do you think I’m fraggin’ doing here?!” Hawk shouted as he was thrashed about, the beast smashing his body into a nearby wall, causing Hawk to unleash a rather naughty expletive as his hat flew off, T-Bone catching it rather easily. Any chance to reach for his revolvers was not possible as Hawk realized he needed to keep both paws dug into the beast just to keep ahold of it. “Come on, beasty! I don’t know what woke you up from hibernation but you need to calm the heck down!” he shouted. But, like any wild animal that was madder than anything, the bear didn’t listen and continued to thrash about, Joey narrowly avoiding a swipe from it’s massive paws. Loki and Simon, meanwhile, just watched from the safety of the coffee shop, sipping mochas and enjoying the carnage that was occurring outside.
“Say, Loki?” Simon asked.
“Yes, Simon?”
“Why don’t we have a little more fun?”
“Oh? What did you have planned?”
“How about...oh...giving our new bear a bit of a boost?”
“Muscle wise?”
“Oh, that is perfect.” With a flick of his fingers, the bear’s muscles became larger than before. The rangers on the ground could only look on with surprise as they continued to get the customers away from the beast. Hunter, from above, just stared in shock. Hawk, meanwhile? He only could say a few more choice words as he attempted to hold on to the creature. ‘Attempted’ being the word as, quite suddenly and to Hawk’s utter shock, the bear reached behind and, with a tight grip, grabbed Hawk and launched him into a nearby bookstore, crashing him through the window and wall.
“Hawk!” Tigress shouted but before she could even run over to check, the beast swiped again, causing Tigress to quickly duck and redirect her efforts in stopping the beast somehow. “Anyone have any ideas on how to beat this thing?!” she shouted as she dodged another swipe.
“Don’t look at me! I never dealt with something this big!” Joey replied. The rest of the team, with Hunter joining in then, continued to get civilians out of harm's way while trying to land a few hits on the massive bear. But, in the bookstore, where Hawk was launched, a small yet rather suspicious noise began to emit from the rather massive hole in the wall, making some of the customers inside the shop mumble, with some wondering if there was another creature like the bear inside.
“Heads up!” T-Bone shouted as he dove towards Joey, narrowly grabbing him and getting him out of the way of another swipe.
“Thanks, man. Gotta say, I am running out of ideas on how to take this thing down!” Joey said as T-Bone helped him up.
“I dunno but right now? I don’t think we have anything that could…” though before he could finish, there was another sound, one that was louder than the bear. Before they could react, out of the blue, something came out and, with one clean hit, sent the bear onto it’s backside with a heavy thud. At first thinking one of them got a lucky hit, they were soon silenced as they saw what stood before them. A massive and very imposing looking creature stood there, breathing slowly and heavily. Its skin was almost machine-like yet it looked like flesh. It’s claws were almost as large as Joey when he wasn’t in his armor and looked to be able to slice through literally anything. It’s head looked to be like a jackal with razor-sharp teeth that shimmed in the light when it opened its mouth. Even Loki and Simon, who were unfazed with everything that was going on right now, could only look on in fear.
“Uh, was this your doing, Loki?” Simon asked. Loki looked at Simon and shook his head, “I may be good but I ain’t that good yet.” He then smiled very quickly, “Although! We could use this opportunity to leave very discreetly!”
“Good idea, but what about our bear friend?”
“Spell will wear off in a bit and he’ll remember nothing. Plus, if that other beast, I think, does kill it? It’ll turn its attention to those rangers and you know what that means?” Simon thought then smiled, following Loki outside as they both clinked their mocha mugs together before vanishing into another portal.

“Good...dog…” Joey thought as he stared at the beast before him. Never in his life had he seen anything like what stood there. Not even his video games had anything remotely similar and he played every Final Fantasy game he could get his paws on. Though while the rangers were thinking they’d have two beasts to deal with, much to their surprise? “Keep the civilians away. I’ll handle this beast.” The creature spoke in an almost menacing, cybernetic, yet gentle tone. They couldn’t explain why but they felt at ease, like they knew it wouldn’t attack them. With no other option available at the moment, the rangers nodded and began doing what this creature said as the creature itself turned its attention to the grizzly bear, who was now madder than ever before as it roared once more. The steel beast, in return, simply motioned for it to come closer. It did and, just before it could swipe, the steel beast grabbed it’s paw and, placing another on its head, slammed it into the ground with a loud thud, cracking the floor and shattering a nearby window. The bear stood up, feeling very dazed from the hit and tried to go for another shot. The beast, however, was ready as it swung its leg around and landed a heavy blow to the bear’s chest, knocking it to the ground with another thud, one that shook the area a bit. The steel beast then waited for the bear to stand up as it felt it was disrespectful to attack an enemy that’s already fallen. But, to its and everyone else's surprise, the bear began to convuse and twitch rather violently before, much to their surprise, shrinking down and returning to a human state.
“Ugh..*cough*...wha...what happened?” The human groggedly asked as two nearby guards helped him up.
“You were turned into a beast by the coward Loki in an attempt to stop the rangers,” the steel beast answered before turning to the guards and telling them to see to it that the man gets medical attention. The guards, surprising everyone, acknowledged the beast and did just that while the steel beast, in turn, turned around to the rangers, who were standing there in awe at what they witnessed. Then, with a nod, the beast began to change form; a familiar red jacket came first, followed by fur as black as the night sky, the rest of the outfit, then…”Hawk?!” Tigress exclaimed. Indeed, standing before them, looking like nothing had even happened to him, was indeed Hawk Redsky. However, instead of explaining what had happened, he simply looked at the rangers, accepted his hat from T-Bone, and headed for the jet parked outside, looking surprisingly saddened over the whole ordeal. The other rangers followed behind and got on, each one with the same question dancing in their head: Just what the heck was that thing and, in addition, just who exactly is Hawk Redsky?

“So, that was different,” Hunter said to the others as they entered their room sans Hawk who, after their ship landed back at HQ, headed over to Lt. Anubis Cruger to chat, “I mean, why would Hawk hide something like that from us?”
“No idea,” T-Bone replied as he got a drink from the fridge, “It definitely ain’t anything I’ve ever seen before.”
“Likewise,” Joey replied, tossing his morpher onto the bed, “It almost looked like a machine but I had never seen a machine like that.”
“I’ve seen machines before but that ain’t no machine that Devon Shell would’ve made” Jazz said. No one, it seemed, had any idea as to what they saw at the mall and, for that matter, just why Hawk was hiding it. Theories ranged from that perhaps Hawk is a robot himself ala the Terminator or that, to lighten the mood, he’s actually another version of Joey from Dimension HPZ, which gardened a nice laugh from everyone. The laughter, however, soon subsided as Lt. Cruger entered the room, looking a bit sad.
“Something wrong, Lieutenant?” Hunter asked. Cruger looked up and sighed, “First off; I want to thank you for the good job at the mall today. You saved many civilians from Loki and Simon, even though they got away once more. Now, as for why I’m here...where’s Tigress?”
“She said she had some personal matters to attend to,” Joey replied.
“OK, well if I see her, I’ll tell her what I’m gonna tell you: Hawk Redsky has chosen to leave the Galactic Rangers for the time being. He said the incident at the mall was something he’s not proud of and he needs some time away.” This came as a shock to the rangers. Sure, when they first became a team on that fateful day, nobody got along with Hawk, to the point where a fight almost broke out a couple times. But after some time together and more missions, they all began to get along, almost like a family of sorts, with Hawk regaling the team with various bounties he chased down. But the fact that he just left came as a shock. This team of seven rangers was now down to six and, while they felt they could still take on Simon and Loki, they knew it was going to be a bit harder without the help of Hawk.

END OF PART 1
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:09 pm When you said T-Bone, admittedly I thought you were referring to the Swat Kat. XD
... or Clifford The Big Red Dog. ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Double posts today...and this is one chapter I've been wanting to write ever since I started this arc)

HousepetZ: Broken Alliance
Chapter 2

It had been two hours since the events from earlier, which resulted in the leaving of Hawk Redsky from the Galactic Rangers. While the other members were doing their own things and Ratchet & Clank were working on repairs and other machine work, Joey was busy with a little task of his own, namely looking for Tigress. Ever since they arrived back at HQ, she seemingly vanished and hasn’t been seen since. Everyone he asked were just as in the dark as he and the rest of the rangers were. That is until he took a quick detour to the break room as he was a bit thirsty and, right now, a soda was sounding really good. Taking a soda from the machine and sitting down on the nearby couch, Joey sipped his drink and just relaxed, though his mind was still racing with the events of the day. Whatever that creature was, he thought as he sipped, it was friendly, it seemed. In fact, it seemed like it knew the rangers, oddly enough. He was soon pulled from his thoughts as a nearby techie entered the break room. “Hey, Joey,” the techie said, “Anything the matter?”
“Huh? Nah,” Joey replied, finishing his drink, “Just thinking, that’s all.”
“Well, don’t hurt yourself, heh”
“Hah! Don’t worry, I won’t! Speaking of which; have you seen Tigress at all? We haven’t seen her since we came back.”
“Yeah, I did.” Joey’s ears perked up, “You did? Where?” The techie explained that she asked him where she could get some more information on the other dimensions so he directed her to the SPD Library. But as to why she wanted the info, she didn’t tell him. This was enough for Joey and, after chucking the can into the recycle bin, he asked him where said library is, he headed to the library, hoping Tigress was still there. Same time? Maybe he could get some information on the beast as well. Besides, he’s there so why waste an opportunity?

“Tigress? You in here?” Joey asked as he entered the library, which was one of the more fancy libraries he ever been in. From top to bottom, there were books and datapads of all types, each one detailing all the known dimensions along with the usual books one would find within a library, including films of all types. Important to Joey at this time, however, was finding Tigress who was seated at one of the tables, which were next to the couches, surrounded by books and datapads. Her nose was seemingly pressed into a book she was reading so she was unaware that Joey was even there. Chuckling, Joey walked up to her and tapped her gently on the shoulder, which still startled her a bit.
“Oh! Joey! Sorry, I didn’t hear you come in!” She said, placing the book back down.
“I can tell,” he laughed, “What are you doing here anyway? Cruger was looking for you; Hawk left the team.” Tigress nodded and sighed, “I had a small suspicion he would, just from the way he acted.”
“Well, hopefully we can still stop Loki and Simon. That aside, what are you doing here anyway?” Tigress looked up from her book, “Well, after that whole incident with Hawk, along with Loki and Simon, I decided to do some research into the various dimensions, mostly yours and Hawks, just to see if I can learn anything to help us stop those two.” Joey took a seat on the nearby couch and asked if she learned anything important.
“Surprisingly not alot. However, I did come across this document from Hawk’s dimension, talking about something called the Cylestials.”
“Cylestials?” Joey tilted his head, “Don’t you mean Celestials?”
“No, they’re called Cylestials. Apparently, they’re a race of beings whose given name refers to their bodies looking similar to a machine or living armor, sort of like your armor you have but more...uh...I don’t know a good comparison, sorry.”
“Probably be something like the symbiotes from Marvel Comics,” Joey replied before thinking about Hawk again, “So, how does this tie in to Hawk?”
“Here, let me read you a bit from the document: One fact about the Cylestials that historians and researchers agree on is that they’re able to join with mortal beings in a process being dubbed Conjoinment, granting them their powers along with immortality - but not full immortality as many mortals have still died but the Cylestials continue to bring them back to life, along with wound regeneration though at the cost of the pain being doubled -, in a sort of symbiosis style. How this works is still a mystery to researchers and historians and why they do this is also unknown but it is believed that those they have conjoined with were chosen for a specific reason only known to the beings.” The word ‘conjoinment’ echoed in Joey’s head for a bit. Could whatever that beast was be a Cylestial that joined with Hawk, he thought, turning his attention back to Tigress, “So you think Hawk...conjoined with a Cylestial?” To his surprise? “I don’t think so,” she replied, proceeding to read another passage from the document, one that made Joey sit up when he heard it:

While there have been various reports of sightings of these Cylestials, each one ranging in truthfulness, there was one confirmed sighting of a Cylestial but it was one that many historians and researchers were puzzled with. In 2890, a bounty hunter named Hawk Redsky made himself known to many when, during a firefight on the planet Veron, he suddenly became the Cylestial known as Anubis. Though passed off as just a wild rumor, video footage and first-hand witnesses soon started to come out, confirming the sighting. This led us researchers and historians to start looking into this bounty hunter and, most importantly, their past life to see who they were and when the conjoinment happened. Unfortunately, our efforts were all for naught. Much to our surprise, there were no records of this Hawk to be found anywhere; No date of birth, no family, nothing. The only known record was that of his fight in 2890 and nothing else. In fact, Hawk himself vanished after that incident, with only the rumored reporting of his sightings on other planets throughout the years, leading some to wonder if the Cylestials could actually take mortal-form and walk among us. However, earlier this year, 3050, Hawk was finally sighted once more, this time on the Beacon Of Hope, as confirmed by many on board. While the Cylestial Anubis hadn’t been seen, this leads to a new question and one that researchers here have begun to investigate: Just who is this Hawk Redsky? His last known appearance was back in 2890 and, from official reports, he was said to be 36 in human years, which would make his birth-date to be 2854. But, if that was the case, then he’d be 196 now and yet? Those who saw him on the Beacon Of Hope and, after comparing it to footage from 2890, he still appears to be just 40 in human years. It brings us back to the theory that Cylestials can take mortal-form, leading many researchers to think that Hawk Redsky is the Cylestial Anubis. While a good theory and has some evidence to back it up - the biggest being no records of Hawk existing past the video from 2890 - unless someone is able to directly talk with Hawk Redsky and ask him, this will remain as of now a wild theory. For now, it’s probably best to focus all our attention to the Cylestials on a whole instead of chasing after one in particular.

“Hold up. He was first spotted in 2890 then in 3050?” Joey asked dumbfounded, “When did Cruger send me to recruit him?”
“In his timeline? 2998.” Tigress replied.
“And there is no record of his birth anywhere?”
“Judging by this document, there isn’t. Which is another reason why I’ve been spending so long here today; I’m trying to find more info on these Cylestials and Hawk. Hate to be a bother, but you want to help me? Maybe two heads can figure out what is going on.” Joey, still a bit dumbfounded, nodded and, picking up one of the pile books, began scrounging through them for anything to help. For three hours, the two spent their day in the library, looking for anything sort of info to help them out in this situation, reading any book they could get their paws on and looking over any data pad they could acquire. Yet, for three hours, they found nothing but the same information over and over. It was like his life was erased from history. The duo was getting frustrated, none more so than Joey who, around the three and a half hour mark, needed a quick break. Grabbing a nearby random book, he began reading through it, just to clear his mind. However, something within the book caused him to audibly gasp and almost drop the book to the floor.
“Joey, you OK?” Tigress asked, seeing the now distraught Joey. He looked over at Tigress, “Yeah, I’m fine. Just that...so, remember when I told you guys the whole story about the Celestials in our world and that game they played?” Tigress, thinking back to the story, nodded. Joey continued, “Well, this book here was talking about my dimension and….” he went silent for a bit, “...I don’t know yet but I think my dimension? During the final year of the zombie apocalypse? I think we destroyed the wrong Celestial.” Tigress tilted her head, “Wha-what do you mean?”
“This book here? It has a very old interview from the 60’s with one Celestial and they brought up the coins...the same coin I’m using to power my morpher...turns out these coins? They were made as a way to help protect the innocents on Dimension Prime/Earth and the Celestial in question was a mentor to those who found the coin and were able to wield it's powers and it's super charged mode - which I have no idea what that is. But another Celestial back in the day, was jealous of how they were treating mortals so they took the then being played U&U - Universes & Unrealities - and made it into the game that was being played in my dimension and decided to pull some strings to get that Celestial to hate how mortals always get a happy ending of sorts…” Tigress was surprised, “That’s interesting...who was the Celestial anyway?” What Joey said next made Tigress gasp; “The Celestial in question? The one I said my dimension may have wrongly destroyed? His name...was Pete The Gryphon. The other one is named The Great Kitsune.” Tigress sat back in her chair in disbelief, “So, if what you’re saying is true, then...wow.”
“I know. Makes me wonder just how much of an influence Kitsune had in literally everything in not only my dimension but that Housepets Dimensions as well.” He then looked back at his morpher on his belt and sighed, “Also makes you wonder just how different my dimension would be if we knew about the truth behind Kitsune and Pete.”
“You can’t change the past, Joey, no matter how much you want to.” Tigress said, “What happened in the past happened. What happened with Ktisune, Pete, and everyone in your world? It happened. Don’t let it bother you and eat you alive, OK?” Joey looked at her and nodded softly, “Still, to think that Pete was simply manipulated by Kitsune all this time and he really did have our best interests in mind....pity he ended up like he did but at least I know the truth.”
“What do you plan to do?”
“Truthfully? I don’t know. Right now, I would rather be focused on taking down Simon and Loki first as that is more important at this time.” Tigress chuckled, “Speaking of time, guess we should head back to our room. Folks are probably wondering where we went.” Joey, even though his mind was still on the revelations he had read, smiled and helped Tigress clean up before heading back to their room. Still, he thought as he and Tigress walked the halls back to their room, maybe I should talk with Anubis when I get back to my dimension after this whole war is done.

The Galactic Rangers will return...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE

Far above the planet, a massive dimension portal opened up, allowing a massive satellite to cross through. Within this satellite’s main office, overlooking the planet, Handsome Jack stood there, a sinister slasher grin crossing his face as he did. “Show time" he smiles as he flips a rather familiar looking ring over his fingers.

Next time...Handsome Jack has arrived...The Dimension War is soon to begin in...HOUSEPETZ: INFINITY
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Infinity

FOUR WEEKS LATER
Joey and Tigress were coming out of the coffee shop after having spent the day together. It had been four weeks since Loki and Simon were last spotted and since the encounter with the Steel Beast, which Tigress and Joey came to find out it might be a Cylestial. Although the rest of the SPD and Rangers were wondering when they’ll strike again, they did realize it was nice to have some actual time to relax, though they knew to always be ready just in case they decide to attack once more. Joey and Tigress, in particular, decided to take a quick trip to a local coffee shop and learn more about each other's dimensions while also discussing their findings once more.
“So, what do you plan on doing once you return home?” Tigress asked as they passed by some stores.
“Other than continuing to be the Masked Rider? Dunno, to be honest with you. How about you?”
“Might just spend the week with Poe,” she replied smiling. They continued to talk and walk, with Joey telling her about the night he was working on his weapons and almost shocked himself when Tigress suddenly stopped in her tracks. Joey looked at her, “Something wrong?”
“Shh,” she said, shushing him, “You hear that?” Joey listened, shaking his head at first before he heard something as well. It was almost a metallic-like clanking sound. Joey looked over at Tigress, “Think it’s that creature?” Tigress looked at him and was ready to speak before pointing over his head, “Look!” Turning around, Joey spotted something heading down the stairs to the nearby subway. Without uttering any confirmation, the duo chased after the noise, following it down the stairs as well. The subway, as it was early in the afternoon, was quiet and oddly very empty, save for the metallic stepping sounds which soon stopped, much to their surprise. The duo made it onto the main platform and looked around, just to see if there was any clue as to where this thing was, when Joey saw what they were looking for. Standing motionless a few feet away from them was quite possibly the strangest looking robot they had ever seen. It looked almost box-like in its shape and was sporting an interesting color scheme of yellow with black stripes, almost like a bee. Tigress and Joey, while being cautious, approached the robot slowly, Joey keeping a paw close to his morpher as a precaution. But it seemed the robot was either deactivated or had no interest in them, even when Tigress placed her paw on the machine.
“Maybe it's frightened of us?” she asked quietly and Joey about to say something when the robot jerked a bit, startling the two. Then, what appeared to be it’s head, popped up from out of the top and looked around before looking at the two. Before they could even react, the robot began to shake and quiver before…*boom*....the machine exploded, sending the two backwards a few feet.
“Agh!” Joey shouted as he hit the ground, “You OK?” Tigress coughed, “Y-yeah, I’m fine.” Suddenly, another voice entered the conversation, one that two didn’t recognize at all; “Well, didn’t think it was that easy to get a one-up on heroes!” Tigress and Joey, though winded, slowly stood up and looked in the direction of the voice, both of who questioned just who said that.
“Oh, I’m sorry, where are my manners,” The voice said as they appeared from the darkness, revealing a very well dressed person with impeccable hair, “Name’s Jack...Handsome Jack,” he smiled, “CEO of The Hyperion Corporation and soon to be ruler of all dimensions.”
“What are you talking about?” Joey asked, ready to grab his morpher.
“What am I talking about?” Jack said in mock shock before reaching into his pocket and bringing out a very familiar looking ring, “I got a Dimension Ring. I’m gonna use this to travel to any dimension I want and take it over. But there’s a slight problem...see you two, along with the rest of these...Power Rangers, I take it? You guys are kind of in my way and seeing that I need access to your little HQ in order to continue my work...see the problem?” Tigress and Joey looked at each then back at Jack and shook their heads. “See, the problem is that you two, along with the other Rangers, are still alive and I sorta need you guys dead,” he explained while two large Hyperion Loaders, both with heavy cannons, appeared from behind, “So if you two can do me a favor and let my bots here kill ya? That’d be swell.”
“Look, Jack,” Joey answered, “I don’t really care who you think you are..” but before he could finish, Tigress suddenly leapt forward in a flying kick, aiming for Jack’s head. However, to her surprise, Jack’s bots were a bit faster and stronger as one of the loaders leaned over and smacked Tigress back towards Joey, knocking both her and him back to the ground.
“It’s cute you two think you’re the heroes of this story; but you’re not,” he chuckled as he turned to leave via a dimension portal that spawned behind him, “Loaders? Kill these two then meet us at the rendezvous point.” The two loaders began marching towards the two as they struggled to get up, pointing their cannons at them ready to end their lives. However, before the loaders could even compile the next piece of data, they were suddenly and quickly bombarded with a hail of gunfire, turning the two into nothing but scrap. Tigress and Joey were dumbfounded; Just who fired those shots and saved them?
“You two OK?” They recognized the voice. Turning around, they were both shocked and happy to see none other but Hawk Redsky, holding his two now-smoking revolvers.
“HAWK!” Joey and Tigress joyously said as they ran up to him, with Joey asking him where’d he went.
“Like Cruger said; I left the team. After the mall and that happened, I needed some time alone. I did plan on coming back sometime and…”
“And explain just what that thing was?” Joey asked, much to Hawk’s confusion, “What thing?”
“You know, that beast that took out that bear! That Cylestial?” Hawk shook his head, “I have no idea what you’re talking about. All I remember of that day is being knocked out then waking up standing before you two.” Joey was confused; Was Hawk legitimately playing dumb or did he actually not remember? He wanted to press him some more but Tigress soon interrupted, “Well, that day aside, I for one am glad you’re back. But we’ll have to save the formalities for later as we need to get back to HQ.”
“Something wrong?” Joey asked as he followed Tigress out of the subway.
“You heard what that Handsome Jack fellow said and what he has planned. We need to tell Cruger about him. You coming Hawk? We’ll need a third witness.” Hawk shrugged, “Yeah, I can vouch for you two and then some.”

BACK AT HQ
“So that’s the situation, Lieutenant,” Tigress explained, “He has a Dimension Ring and is seemingly planning on conquering multiple dimensions, starting with this one.” The room was silent as Tigress spoke, Cruger especially so.
“If this is true and Handsome Jack is planning on a massive attack...why would he start here?” T-Bone asked.
“He said he wants to take us out first in order to prevent us from stopping him from accessing our HQ.” Joey answered, “Though why he needs our HQ is beyond me.”
“I dunno,” Lt. Cruger replied but his attention was soon turned to the sound of screams and gunfire coming from seemingly outside the command room. Turning to one of the technicians in the room, he asked what was going on.
“It’s an attack, sir!” The tech shouted, “Somehow our perimeter was breached...from…”
“From where?”
“Sir? From the inside.” Cruger’s stomach dropped. Somehow, someway. Something had gotten into their HQ. He looked over at the rangers, shouting, “Get out there and defend our base! Do NOT let anyone into this command!” The Rangers (Jazz, Ratchet, Clank, Tigress, Hunter, Joey, T-Bone) and Hawk acknowledged and raced towards the door. Suddenly, the door violently exploded, sending Jazz and Ratchet flying backwards.
“Well, well, well! We meet again!” From out of the smoke, backed by multiple loaders and holding a Hyperion Shotgun named ‘The Conference Call’, Handsome Jack walked into the command room. “Have to say I am very disappointed with the security here! It’s almost as bad as Tediores!” The rangers, after helping Jazz and Ratchet up, all stood in front of Cruger, weapons drawn and ready to defend to their last breaths.
“You may have gotten the drop on us last time,” Joey growled, morphing into his Masked Rider form, “But you ain’t gonna win this time.” Jack chuckled, “I’m surprised you believe that.”
“And I do,” Joey answered, the other rangers nodding in agreement, “We took on Simon and Loki multiple times and proved they are no match for us. I survived a zombie apocalypse in my world AND a nightmare carnival. To us? You’re nothing more than an ant going up against a tank.” The other rangers readied themselves for a fight, with Hawk patting Joey on the shoulder, as Jack just stood there silently. Then, to their surprise, he began to slowly clap, “That was a good speech,” he said as he clapped, “But uh I think you misunderstood what I said. I said I’m surprised you believe that you could win because...well, I sorta already won the moment I arrived in your dimension.” The rangers were confused at first and were about ready to strike when the sounds of stomping were soon heard. From behind Jack, another Loader appeared and while it had cannons like the others, it looked vastly different.
“You see this Loader here? My own creation. Instead of shooting to kill like the other bots? This one is a bit special,” Jack said as he pointed at the cannons, “See, those Dimension Rings? My boys found a way to weaponize the rings. These cannons? Pure dimensional energy. All I gotta do is just pop a code in...gah...dah what was that code again? Agh I remembered it earlier…” Seeing a prime opportunity to attack, the rangers launched forward….”Ah NOW I remember! ADIOS RANGERS!” But it was all a ruse as the Dimension Cannon Loader fired it’s cannons at the oncoming rangers. A blue beam shot out of the cannons and, in an instant, the rangers were gone. Cruger stood there in shock. This team he personally formed to combat threats like this, seemingly defeated? Cruger collapsed to his knees as Jack just laughed in victory. Cruger didn’t want to admit it...but Jack had won.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ugh...everyone OK?” Joey asked groggedly. The other rangers acknowledged as they stood up from the ground.
“I’m good.” T-Bone said.
“Bit winded but I’ll survive,” Jazz answered
“Clank and I are OK,” Ratchet replied.
“Nothing’s hurt ‘cept my tailbone,” Hunter said
“I had worse” Hawk chuckled.
“I’ll be fine….just where are we?” Tigress asked as she looked around, “I don’t think we’re in HQ...place seems...old?” Indeed, while their SPD HQ was futuristic in design, the place they were at was more, like Tigress said, old and more mythical. But they didn’t have long to wonder where they were as they soon heard two voices coming from above. Coming from the top of the nearby stairs, two figures were rounding the corner, talking about, surprisingly, what sandwiches they were going to get at the local deli, before stopping when they saw the rangers. One was a human wearing a simple outfit of jeans and a shirt with a button shirt overtop while the other, a deer, was sporting what Joey recognized as something the Tenth Doctor wore. The two starred at the rangers for a bit, the rangers starred back, each one wondering what to do.
“Who are you?” The human asked. Hunter replied, “We’re the Galactic Rangers and…”
“You’re not from this dimension, I know,” the deer replied as he and the human walked down the steps to them, “In fact, you all come from different dimensions but are working together in one, correct?” Hunter nodded and explained to the two what happened and how they ended up here, wherever they were.
“Forgive me, Hunter,” Hawk spoke up, “But we don’t even know who these two are, Should we even be telling them this?” The deer laughed, “Don’t worry, you’re safe here. Handsome Jack This dimension is protected and is one of the many safe dimensions out there.” Hawk was still learly, “How do you know? How do we know this isn’t a trick and you’re working for Handsome Jack?”
“If I was working for him, you lot wouldn’t even exist anymore,” the deer explained before taking a bow, “For you see, I am Doctor Chronos Tennant: The Celestial Timekeeper and Dimension Hopper. I watch over all Dimensions and make sure nothing is going wrong and, judging by what you told me? We have a big ole’ problem.” While the others were a bit hesitant, both Hawk and Joey had this weird feeling they should believe him. Joey especially as he had a feeling he met him before. “Well, Chronos, I do have one other question...just where are we and who’s that?” Tigress asked, pointing at the human behind the deer. Chronos chuckled, “You’re in Dimension MCU. As for your second? I’ll let him introduce himself.” The human, nodding and with a wave of his hand, changing his outfit from what he was wearing to a outfit that looked fit for a sorcerer, bowed as a cloak came flying from behind and attached to him, “You may call me Doctor Stephen Strange.”

Next Time...the end of the HousepetZ: Galactic Rangers Arc begins...