Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Icarus Has Fallen
Chapter 2: Far From Home

Poncho awoke with a gasp as he felt the air around him. Miraculously, he had survived the plane crash and he found himself sitting in the now destroyed and wrecked plane. Looking at the sun quickly, it looked like it was about 7 in the morning, meaning he must've been knocked out for a few hours or so. He suddenly thought about the pilots so he unbuckled himself from the chair, groaning at a slight bit of pain he felt in his stomach. Thinking he must've gotten hit from some flying debris, he ignored the pain for the time being and walked over to the wrecked cockpit. Sadly though, as he feared, the pilots had died on impact, if the gashes in their heads were anything to go by. Groaning again from the bruise, he reached over and grabbed the radio in an attempt to call someone, only to find that the radio had been destroyed in the crash. Thinking he should leave the crash site and find help, he looked around for the handgun he had taken from the officer's bag, only to find it nearby and busted beyond repair. With a shake of his head, Poncho began walking in whatever direction seemed better as he had zero idea where he was at the moment. As he walked, he passed by the dead bodies of the zombified passengers who were either sucked out or thrown out of the plane when it crashed. None of that mattered to him as he was more concerned with finding out where exactly he was and how he could return back home. The vast fields of grass swayed in the gentle breeze as Poncho trekked, the feeling of disappointment seeping into him as there were no buildings or people in sight anywhere. His luck soon changed, thankfully, as off in the distant, he spied a large building of some sorts. Thinking it was an apartment or a rich person's home, he picked up his pace and began walking at a slightly faster rate, even though he knew he could now run as the bruising was no longer hurting. An hour later, he arrived and was curious as to why the area surrounding the building was all fenced up. "Never seen any apartments with this type of fencing before," he commented as he walked the perimeter to find an entrance, which he did along with a brick sign that revealed why this place was fenced off. Much to Poncho's surprise, the building was one of the headquarters of the C.D.C. However, what was worrying to Poncho was that the entire lot was empty and devoid of any vehicles, save for a few wrecked ones. He thought that there was no way any zombies got in there as the C.D.C were supposed to be heavily defended. Looking around, he spotted an intercom and rushed over, hoping that there was someone still inside. Pressing the button, he said into the intercom, "Hello, is anyone there?" and waited. No response. He tried again and waited and, again, no response. He tried once more and, once again, no response. Frustrated, he slammed his fist into the gate and grunted, realizing he would have to keep walking again...
"Who is this?" Poncho's ears suddenly perked up as a response came out of the intercom. Pressing the button, he replies "My name's Poncho...I just survived both a zombie outbreak at Madrokea Resort and a zombiefied plane crash...Can you let me in? I need to contact Babylon Gardens..." he then thought for a bit and added, "My employer is Keene Milton." Poncho waited for a reply from the voice and, much to his relief, a reply came. However, the voice sounded vaguely familiar to him as it asked "Did you say Keene Milton?"
"Yes?" Poncho answered back, still wondering where he knew that gruff voice from. Suddenly, the gates opened and the voice on the other side of the intercom said "Go to the front entrance, we'll be waiting." While a bit confused, Poncho figured he had nothing else to lose, so he headed for the front entrance. As he arrived and opened the doors, he saw a few people standing there, three males and two females. "It's been a while, brother!" the same voice from the intercom said, though this time it was coming from his left. Turning in that direction, Poncho's mouth dropped as, walking up towards him with his famous smile, was 'Four Finger Discount' Jack.

To say Poncho was shocked would be an understatement as he honestly couldn't believe his eyes. "Jack?!" He said as his mind tried to comprehend what his eyes were seeing, "What are you doing here? We all thought you either skipped town or died during the first zedpocaplyse!" Jack smiled as he sat down on a nearby chair, "I did skip town. The moment the first zombie showed up, I just noped it out of there! Lived on the road for a while until the cure was found but, along the way, I did learn how to not only properly kill zombies but...I learned how not to be my usual self. See, I found a truck that had a gold-mine of supplies and I was driving it around when I arrived near the ruins of Las Vegas and came across a family of four, just trying to survive. At first, I was going to keep driving then when I saw that the father had a rifle, I'd figured I try to 'negoitate' in my usual way...that is until I saw that they had a very young child and..guess my soft side finally showed as I just gave them the truck and all the supplies it had, though I kept my stuff that I had on me at the time. Just seeing their smiles and knowing I did this legit and without wanting fame, I have to say, was pretty good. So, I just started helping others by scavenging for supplies and giving them to the helpless free of charge. Once the cure was found, I moved out here and joined up with the C.D.C to continue helping."
"He's surprisingly very knowledgeable in this field," one of the male survivors, a Dr. Frank Pretorius, interjected, "Though I won't be the first to admit we were a bit hesitant to hire a wolf, let alone one missing an arm, but he showed he has skills!" The other three nodded and agreed as one of the females, a Dr. River Whittaker, locked the front doors of the C.D.C again.
"But that's answering your question. My question is...how did you even get here?" Jack asked, "I didn't see any vehicles outside, other then the wrecked ones."
"Yeah, what happened?" Poncho asked and Dr. Pretorius replied "Zombies. See, a couple days ago, we received a small package and our chief opened it up to what it was. The thing inside the package, from what Kimble over there told me, was a coin of some sort and he passed it off as some charity thing going on and that 'This Coin Can Save Thousands!'. Few hours later, me and Jensen over there, the security officer and the only one to survive, were chatting when we started to hear some screaming from one of the labs. Time we got there..." Pretorius stopped to sigh heavily, "Our chief was a zombie...along with most everyone in that area..." Poncho shook his head in silence before asking how they all survived and Jensen said that they got lucky as the building wasn't very populated and everyone was in the east wing at the time working on a project, so they ran out of the wing and blocked off the main and only entrance to said wing.
"So the east wing is completely inaccessible?" Poncho asked and Jensen nodded as Jack adds "If you are wondering what caused his turn, then we can't answer that as we have no clue." However, Poncho wasn't going to ask that but instead said "Actually, I might have a theory...a rather dumb one to be precise and this ties in with how I got here..." and so, Poncho went on to explain about his vacation in Madrokea Resort and how he saw the same coins there when the zombie outbreak happened, along with a cloaked figured who said they were doing it by orders of someone named Mother Ink. He then went on to explain how a zombie attack happened on the plane he was on but how he has no idea. While the theory was, indeed, a dumb one, Dr. Whittaker decided to chime in and said that perhaps the coins were just for show and the virus itself was somehow implanted onto the coins.
"It's plausible," Dr. McKoy, one of the older scientists, said, "I read about viruses being found in various places such as objects like phones, so it's a possibility." Jack, meanwhile, walked over to Poncho and placed his arm around him and hugged him for a bit, before letting go and saying "Well, whatever the reason, I'm just happy you survived both zombies outbreaks..." before doing his famous smile and saying "Now, I bet you're hungry! We were heading to the cafeteria for lunch right now. Want to come?" Poncho chuckled and said that'd be awesome, if the others wouldn't mind having another wolf to share food with.
"Not at all!" Dr. Hayden Kureha replied, "Plenty of food here! Plus...I'm actually interested in hearing how you escaped Madrokea Resort." Poncho laughed and, as they walked to the cafeteria, told everyone how he escaped the resort, along with what he and the other wolves were doing nowadays.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great chapter! Good to see Jack doing some good.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really am impressed with how this has all came out. You did a very well job on this!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

It's a family reunion! Nice chapter :D I never imagined Jack as a medical type, clearly the change in scenery did him good.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: Liar Revealed

Skip sat on a deck chair at Ink's home in silence, his mind still thinking back to last Halloween and what he saw the following day: Two 'non-worthy' beings picking up the coin and not being affected by it in anyway, not even turning into a zombie. He didn't tell anyone when he got back that day but kept it to himself for the past four months. "I still just don't get it," he thought as he watched the other cultists go about their daily duties, "Mother Ink said the coins would curse anyone who wasn't worthy of our paradise. So why didn't those two get cursed?" Now, Skip was Custom Ink's highest ranking member as she knew she could trust him with anything, but the fact that he saw something that showed that maybe Ink didn't tell the truth about that certain batch of coins they had made him start questioning Ink mentally. Jumping down from his perch with a sigh, Skip trotted over to his personal bag of coins (that was given to him as a gift from both Ink and the late Sasha) and took out one of the coins in his claw. If there was one thing he was thankful for, it was that Sasha turned him into a hybrid similar to Father Gryphon aka Pete. He enjoyed his new hands though they did take a bit to get used to. But the fact that he could now fly and actually have better grips on objects was a blessing to him.
"Why didn't you do the curse?" Skip uttered as he looked at the picture on the front of the coin, which was still that of the late Pete The Gryphon. He then sighed again while flipping the coin between his talons as he was still hung up on that question. That is, until he thought back to before Sasha arrived and they had all the coins, specifically the late Steward. He recalled, one night, Steward said when he was still human, a camel named Thomas gave him the coin after Keene Milton informed them the coins were cursed. Skip remembered thinking that it was odd that it only turned him into a badger and not a zombie, like the coins were or should be doing now. He then recalled that Ink was supposedly now imbued with Sasha's powers, but that neither him nor the other cult members seen any proof of this being the case.
"I think it's time I have a chat with Custom Ink," he utters as he catches the coin he was flipping before plopping it back into his bag before putting it back on his back and headed inside to Ink's chambers to discuss his thoughts with her. Walking past a few cultists who were having lunch, he made his way down the hall and up some stairs before reaching the door that lead to where Ink was. But as he reached for the knob, he heard talking from within the room, both voices he recognized as belonging to Ink and the new head of P.E.T.A, Tiger. Skip opened the door just wide enough so he could hear what was going on inside and what he heard, much to his shock, confirmed to him that something was indeed up.

"So, because you don't have any of Sasha's gifts, you can't enact your plan, correct?" Tiger asked as he reclined in the chair. Ink nodded and replied "Some reason, her powers didn't come to me when she died. I guess I wasn't worthy of it. However, before she went and did what she did, I asked her to make a few coins cursed with the power to turn someone into one of the undead. She did so but she also gave me this," Ink then handed Tiger a printout of sorts that Tiger took in his paws and read as Ink explained, "These are plans for something called the UltraVirus, which is where you come in."
"Go on," Tiger said with glee as he continued reading.
"We here can make the virus, but I want you to distribute this virus in a way that can not only infect Babylon Gardens, but River Ridge as well...but this isn't a zombie virus, as you can read," Ink explained as Tiger read the part she pointed at before chuckling and saying "This sounds fun...however, I am to assume there will be a payment?" Ink nodded and handed him a bag, which Tiger opened and pulled out, much to Skip's shock, the 'cursed' coins.
"Since that Pete The Gryphon is dead, those coins are no longer cursed," Ink said as she leaned up against the table, "I sent the remaining cursed coins to Madrokea Resort and a nearby C.D.C HQ..." It was then when Skip had heard enough as he reeled backed and, with all his might, kicked the door down, both Ink and Tiger leaping up in shock as the door hit the ground with a loud thud. "YOU LYING TRASH PANDA!" Skip yelled, "No WONDER the coins didn't turn Joey and that human into whatever they were supposed to be: The coins were POINTLESS!"
"Now, Skip," Ink said as Tiger hid behind her, "Please calm yourself down..." But Skip wasn't hearing any of it as he slowly started marching towards the two, tossing the table to the side. "You aren't even wielding that dog's powers! You're nothing! This whole 'cult' is nothing more than a sham! Oh, I am going to ENJOY exposing this cult for the fraud that it is!" Skip shouted, scaring Tiger a bit more. However, Ink wasn't detered by any of this as she stood her ground and replied cooly, "Oh, child...what makes you'll even get to leave this room?" Skip suddenly heard the cocking of two rifles and, turning around, he saw two cultists standing at the entrance holding hunting rifles that the cult had after a raid on a hunter's camp. Skip looked at the cultists then at Ink and realized that, even if he did leave, the cult wouldn't believe him as they were to infatuated with Ink and her plans.
"Now," Ink asked as she placed a paw on his shoulder, "Are you going to calm down and forget about your silly claims or arGGGH!" Before she could finish, Skip quickly whipped his hand up and scratched Ink, cutting her face badly. He then took one look at the nearby sliding glass door and, with a quick breath intake, he flapped his wings and flew off, crashing threw the doors and away from the compound. As the two cultists ran out and fired off a few rounds at Skip, Ink shouted "LEAVE HIM!"
"But, Ink!" Tiger shouted as he helped her up, "He has coins and he did overhear us..."
"No one will believe him..." Ink growled as she held a paw to her face where Skip scratched her, "Knowing the human race, he'll be killed before he even reaches River Ridge..." Skip, meanwhile, flapped his wings like there was no tomorrow as he raced away, all the while thinking of a place he could go to tell them what he now knows. "I hope I can find someone I can tell soon," Skip thought as he flew, "Otherwise...there won't be anyone left to tell."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great chapter! I hope Skip is able to warn someone or multiple someones, maybe he can talk to Bino, Skip does have a history with the dog. I love the insult, "trash panda".
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Time to choose a side, Skip. Hopefully he can help our heroes before its too late. Great chapter!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Poor Ink! But you chum with a hawk st your own peril......
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Poor Ink! But you chum with a hawk st your own peril......
Yep! Well, same time Skip does now look like Pete The Gryphon (thanks to Sasha) so the damage is a bit more severe in a way.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: Sanctuary

Skip flew as fast he could away from both the compound and Custom Ink (he was no longer calling her Mother). He needed to find someone to tell the truth to but there was an issue present. Due to his involvement with the Cult and him volunteering to get his new current form from Sasha, there was a chance that anyone he would try to talk to would immediately attack him or turn him in for his actions. But he needed to find someone. He first thought of going to Bino but he had a small feeling he still held a grudge against him for that whole Wolves Pack fiasco. He then thought of going to the K9's but, again, who was to say they wouldn't arrest him. It seemed no matter who he thought of in either Babylon Gardens or River Ridge, there was always a catch-22 with them. With no other options, he decided the best thing to do was to keep flying, leave Babylon Gardens behind, and keep looking for someone. For a couple days, he flew non-stop, only stopping to rest or grab a quick fish to eat. He knew his wings were getting tired but he knew he couldn't stop until he had found someone to tell the truth about the Opener Cult to. On the tenth day, however, he couldn't fly anymore and had to land.
"Doggone it," he uttered as he rubbed his wings, "Guess I'm hoofing it from...where ever I am." So for the next three days, he continued on and getting more put out as he could not find anyone, literately. On the thirteenth day, his feet were now sore and he had to take a break. Leaning up against a tree to rest, he began looking about the area and was surprised to see how peaceful it was. He had been in such peaceful areas before, but this was the first time he ever actually stopped to take in the peacefulness. The various sounds of the forest echoed through his ears, the gentle breeze passed by his feathers, the sun rays shown through the tree line. It was almost paradise to him, which saddened him as he knew Ink's version of 'paradise' would be nothing more but a wasteland. But as he was soaking in the atmosphere, he suddenly noticed something off in the distant that he hadn't seen before. It looked to be a building of sorts. Thinking that maybe he could find someone there, he stood up from the ground and, after making sure his wings were feeling better, took flight and flew towards the building. As he arrived, he caught sight of the nearby sign and his heart both jumped in joy and dropped in sadness. The sign had the words Center For Disease Control and was, indeed, next to the entrance of the building...the same building Ink had sent the last infected coin to. At first, Skip was upset but then his sadness turned to joy as he caught sight of movement inside the building, which signaled to him that there were survivors! With the newfound joy, he flew up to the window and knocked. Inside, the remaining survivors, along with Poncho, were just chatting about Poncho's escape from Madrokea Resort and were oblivious to the knocking. That is, until Dr. Kureha looked over and suddenly screamed at the sight of a flying creature. The others looked over and all jumped up and thought that the zombies could fly now, but Skip assured them he wasn't a zombie and asked to be let in.
"You sure?" Poncho asked, "I mean, it made sense to let me in cause Jack knows me...but do we know er it?"
"Well, he doesn't seem infected," Jack said and Jensen chimed in and volunteered to let him in as "I'm the only one with a firearm at the moment," pointing to the 9mm on his pouch. While they were hesitant, they nodded and told Skip to fly down to the entrance and that Jensen would let him in. Skip nodded and flew down there and waited as Jensen arrived a few minutes later (with the others behind him), unlocked the door, and let him in.

"Thank you," Skip as he walked in, "My name's Skip. Are you guys the only survivors from Ink's coin?"
"Ye...wait, how did you know about the coin?" Jack asked and Skip, taking a deep breath, told him "Because I used to work with her before I left. See, she runs a cult called the Opener Cult and has plans on destroying humans and making animals the only dominant species," he then took the bag off he was carrying and opened it up, revealing the other coins he had, "Before you freak out, these coins will not affect you. The last infected coins were sent to Madrokea Resort and here...these are nothing more then trinkets."
"How come you left?" Dr. Pretorius asked and Skip told them how he learned that everything that Ink said was a lie and that she didn't have any powers from a fallen person named Sasha, a name that Poncho recognized from various newscasts. Dr. Pretorius then asked "So...why are you like the way you are?" Skip explained that he was the first to receive a 'gift' from Sasha and he went from being a simple bird to a version of a creature known as Pete The Gryphon..."Did you say Pete?" Jensen suddenly said, Skip nodding.
"I'm sorry, who's Pete?" Jack asked, having no knowledge of any Celestials of any kind. Jensen replied "Back sometime ago, I got bored and started reading up on famous legends and I came across one from back in the early 70's. It seemed that, in 1973, two of the residents of Babylon Gardens were forced to fight each other in farmer's field. But what was weird was that the two folks? They had armor that didn't match any thing worn by any military fields of the time. However, during the fight, there were reports of something flying over-head and, when it seemed the other had won, this being would fly down and secretly place something in the fallen person's body. It seemed it was all for naught as the victor was soon decided and the one the flying one was interacting with died on the spot. When I looked at the picture someone took of that flying thing, I realized that I seen that creature before! When I was in my teens, I was visited by someone saying that they could offer me a better life and riches beyond the dreams of avarice, with the condition that I become their Avatar and don the White Avenger armor. I asked for their name and the name they said? Pete The Gryphon."
"I take it you didn't accept?" Poncho asked and Jensen chuckled and replied, "No way, I was happy with my life so I that bird brain to get out of my room and not bother me again. Who would've thought I told off a Celestial and live to tell the tale!" A small chuckle emerged from everyone as it was pretty cool, but the attention soon went back to Skip as Jack asked him if there was anything else he knew. Skip hesitated and asked if they were going to turn him in for his involvement with the Cult (though he did explain his involvement was relegated to only one job, which was when he realized something was up with the coins), and Jensen assured him that they wouldn't and would even vouch for him. A small smile formed on Skip's beak when he heard that, so he replied "Well, before I left...I heard both Ink and the head of P.E.T.A discussing something called an 'UltraVirus' and that the head, I think their name was a cat name or something, was to distribute it in a way that can infect both Babylon Gardens and River Ridge...other then the name, and me clawing Ink's face, I can't actually tell you what's in the virus as I didn't honestly hear." Jack nodded and Dr. Pretorius walked over and, after observing and being impressed with his wings, asked Skip "You hungry? We have plenty of burgers..."
"Sir..." Skip said, looking Dr. Pretorius in the eyes, "After only having fish and berries...I am DYING for something greasy and fattening!" Everyone laughed and they all made their way to the lunch room, with Jensen asking Skip if he did any good damage to Ink and Skip saying that he thinks he clawed her eye pretty good!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epilogue

"Grape! Duchess is here and we're heading to the park, you wanna come? Grape? Grape, are you listening?" Peanut shouted as he let his girlfriend Duchess in. Usually, Grape would've answered but there was no reply, much to the confusement of both him and Duchess.
"Did she go out with Max and Grapenut, as I don't see them here," Duchess asked and Peanut replied "Nah, Grape said she was a bit under the weather so Max and Grapenut went to visit Bino and Tarot."
"How are those two?" She then asked as she checked the kitchen for Grape, while Peanut checked the living room, "Oh, they're doing great! Want to visit them then, Duchy? Duchy?" It suddenly became quiet again and Peanut thought Duchess had left for the park without him..."PEANUT!" He suddenly jumped as he heard Duchess scream, "COME TO THE BATHROOM, QUICK!" Rushing to the bathroom, Peanut was ready to ask what was wrong, but stopped and gasped in horror. Inside was Duchess but standing over the toilet and looking paler then a ghost was Grape. "P-p-peanut?" Grape gasped, her mouth covered with a bit of bile, "I don't feel well..." she quickly stuck her head back into the toilet.
"She's burning up something fierce," Duchess said, "You stay with her, I'll go call an ambulance," Peanut, while in a bit of a panic, nodded and took Duchess' place as she grabbed her phone. Rubbing Grape's back, Peanut assured her everything would be OK before curiosity got the better of him and he looked into the toilet..."Duchess," he suddenly said, "Tell them to get here as fast as they can cause I don't think this is the flu..." Duchess looked over and asked what he meant and Peanut looked over and said something that made her heart sink: "She just coughed up blood..."

Next Time...Season 3 Finale....HousepetZ: UltraViral Epidemic
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful chapter that you wrote! Please keep writing!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Really wonderful chapter that you wrote! Please keep writing!
Thank you! I have no plans to quit writing at any time (Though I do take breaks to do other stuff, just to let the brain recharge. Don't want to have another burnout)!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My problem is that I don't stop until I get burnout then when I take a break I can't get back into anything after I am done with it.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice chapter! Good to see someone believed Skip. I hope Grape turns out okay.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: UltraViral Epidemic
Part 1: Quarantined

"How is she?" Peanut asked a nearby doctor as he looked into the room where Grape was resting. The doctor looked at him and replied with a sigh, "Her condition is unlike anything we've seen, but she's stable at the moment. We're going to keep her here a few days and run some tests on her cause...I never seen anything like this before."
"Well, whatever you have to do...just make sure she get's better," Peanut replied. The doctor, sensing the fear in Peanut, gently patted him on the shoulder and assured him they would do everything in their powers to make sure Grape was cured and would call if anything changes. While reassuring and allowing some peace to come to Peanut, he was still scared at the thought of losing Grape. Back in the lobby, Duchess was sitting outside waiting when Peanut came walking out. Running up to him and embracing him, she asked him how Grape was doing. Peanut replied that she's stable but the doctors never seen anything like her condition before.
"Well," Duchess said as they walked out of the hospital, "All we can do now is hope and pray she makes it through this. She's a tough cat so I'm pretty sure she will...besides, if she can survive living with you, I'm pretty sure this is just a walk in the park," she giggled as Peanut jokingly pushed her to the side while also giggling as it was true. While they were leaving the hospital, another ambulance suddenly pulled in and the crew on board raced a patient inside. While normal for any hospital, what caught their attention was what one of the workers said, which was that the person was vomiting and there was blood dripping from their mouth.
"Peanut, wasn't that what Grape did?" Duchess asked and Peanut nodded. Two people having the same symptoms? This was either a weird coincidence or something else entirely. Peanut, however, chose not to continue dwelling it on as he turned back to Duchess and asked if she called Max to let him know what happened, to which Duchess said she did and that, once he dropped Grapenut off at their babysitters house (Dragon and Zodd), he would go to the hospital.
"I know I promised you we go to the park...but I..." Peanut began to say but Duchess shushed him and said "Hey, I understand you are worried about Grape and I can accept a rain check on the park. Besides, I'm worried about her myself so let's just head back to your place and that's the second ambulance that just passed by." Indeed, as she was talking, another ambulance raced passed them to the hospital and, once again, the crew inside rushed another patient in and, once again, described the same symptoms both the previous one and Grape were having. Something was going on as it was very unusual for multiple people to have the same symptoms in one day. As they left the lot and headed back to Peanut's house, Duchess turned and asked Peanut if he recalled if Grape was complaining about any ailments earlier that day and Peanut shook his head and said the only she said was that she felt a bit under the weather and that they all passed it off as just a minor cold. "Did she eat anything that might've caused it?" Duchess then asked and Peanut just shrugged as he admitted he was not at home all day yesterday as he was visiting Anubis and he didn't get back until last night when everyone was asleep, save for Max who was finishing up a movie. As for this morning before Duchess arrived, Grape got up before he did so he doesn't know what she had. Duchess nodded and explained that maybe she ate some rotten food and that was causing an reaction in her, though it wouldn't explain why two others also have the same symptoms. But just as Peanut was about to bring something up, two more ambulances raced by, followed by two police vehicles. Watching them race by, it was then both Peanut and Duchess started to think that something was up as they never seen this many ambulances in one day. Looking over at Duchess, Peanut told her that he thinks they better get back to his house fast, just in case anything was really up, and Duchess agreed.

"So, how many does this make?" Dr. Morton asked as he looked over some of the patients and another, Dr. Brackett, replied, "Fifteen. All sharing the same symptoms: High fevers, coughing up blood, constant perspiration, the works...and they all are either human or animal, so that makes this even weirder."
"You think it's a strain of the flu?" Dr. Early then asked and Brackett shook his head, "No, one doesn't usually cough up blood with the flu," he then turned back to Dr. Morton and said "Speaking of blood, get some samples from each of the fifteen here and take them down to the lab. Maybe they'll have more luck figuring this out then..."
"Dr. Brackett!" a voice yelled from behind him, causing him to turn and see two paramedics rushing in with another patient, "Got another one! Same symptoms as the fifteen here." Now this was getting worrisome. Sixteen paitents, all with the same symptoms? This wasn't no bug going around, Dr. Brackett thought as they wheeled in the patient. Quickly, he walked over and grabbed the nearby phone and called the front desk.
"Front desk, R.N McCall," the lady on the other end replied and Dr. Brackett asked if there was any more ambulances on the way, "One moment...yes, there are...hold on, this can't be right."
"What?" Dr. Brackett asked, concerned over her tone. The line was silent for a few seconds before R.N McCall replied, "I don't know how to say this but...there's six more on the way, with more calls coming in left and right, requesting an ambulance...." Dr. Brackett sighed and thanked her before hanging up and looking at the other sixteen in the room, along with Dr. Morton and Dr. Early, the later of whom asked if anything was wrong. Looking at him, Dr. Brackett replied "I think we got an epidemic on our hands. McCall just informed me five more ambulances are on their way and that calls are coming in for more," he then took a breath to calm his nerves and continued, "Dr. Morton, get those samples down to the lab right now then call every available doctor and nurse, get tell them to standby, and have a few come down here to keep an eye on these folks. Dr. Early, I need you to call the police department and let them know what's going on. We may need to quarantine the place off." As Dr. Morton started getting samples, Dr. Early walked over to Dr. Brackett and said "I know this is probably not the best place to do a joke...but I guess we can't blame the cat for this?" Surprisingly, Dr. Brackett chuckled and replied, "Well, if she was, then that would lend credence to the 'Cats will rule the world someday' theory, eh?"

Over at the Babylon Gardens Police HQ, Max was walking out of his superiors office and heading towards the door to head to the hospital. While he had planned to spend the day with both Grape and Grapenut, he had to put those plans on hold for now as Grape was in the hospital and his superior wanted to chat with him about helping with the training of a new cadet. Thankfully, Grapenut was in capable hands as both Dragon and Zodd were the best babysitters in Babylon Gardens. As we was walking towards the door, he saw Lorne coming in so he figured he chat with him for a bit. "Hey Lorne!" Max said and Cmndr. Lorne of the K9 VCU (Viral Contamination Unit) waved, "How goes it?"
"I'm doing good," Lorne replied, "How about you?" Max shrugged and said that while he and Grapenut were fine, Grape was admitted into the hospital earlier as she was coughing up blood. Lorne was surprised and asked if she's doing OK now and Max said that he was going to head over now and check up on her. Lorne nodded and said "Well, you give her my best, OK? I hate to see anything happen to your wife." Max was just about to thank him and left when, over the station's P.A system, Sgt. Ralph came on and said "Will all officers of all units please report to the briefing room? This is not a drill."
"He sounds urgent," Max commented and Lorne nodded, while noting the other officers running, and said they better see what's up. Inside the briefing room, everyone (human and pet) was chatting among each other, trying to figure out what was going on that was so urgent when Ralph came in and began, "Settle down everyone...thank you. Now, at 1100 today, a feline named Grape Sandwich was admitted into the Babylon Gardens Hospital with a variety of symptoms, one of which being the coughing up of blood. Normally, this wouldn't be a cause for alarm, but the hospital has been getting calls in left and right, along with more patients arriving with the same symptoms as Grape," murmurs began to pass among the officers with one officer, a human male named Officer Gleeson, asking if that would make Grape a patient zero. Ralph replied "We don't know as members of some of the patients families reported that they had the symptoms much earlier then when Grape was admitted..."
"Grape was complaining about feeling under the weather when she woke up this morning," Max replied, "But the whole Paitent Zero theory is nonsense. We both were at home all day yesterday."
"Did she happen to leave after you and Grapenut left?" K9 Officer Kerbonaut, a border collie, asked and Max (who was a officer of the F9 Unit or the Feline Officers) replied "No, we left an hour before she was admitted and Peanut was with her the whole time."
"Well, right now, there are more then twenty nine patients admitted and each one sharing the same symptoms as Grape," Ralph said before another officer, K9 Officer and member of The Fox Unit McCloud came rushing in and said "Make that thirty! One of ours just got admitted in!" More murmurs filled the air as Ralph asked who it was and McCloud replied that it was Bino and the whole room fell silence. Ralph, fighting back some anger, asked McCloud if he called the mayor and told them of whats going on and McCloud nodded. Looking back at the assembled officers, Ralph took a deep breath, "As of this moment and with permission from the mayor...Babylon Gardens is officially under quarantine," he announced before giving out the orders to the officers. Some will head to every road leading into Babylon Gardens and set up barricades with no one allowed in or out (save for HazMat, K9 and Police, and any hospital workers after a scan and a clean), some will drive around with both the VCU and the HazMat Squad looking for any more with the same symptoms, the later leading to K9 Officer Collins to ask if they should take them to the hospital and Ralph told them "No, set up a HazMat tent and put them in there, away from everyone. If this virus is spreading this fast, then the hospital won't be able to hold everyone." He then told the rest to routinly patrol the streets and make sure no one leaves their homes or wherever they are as they don't want to risk any chance of this virus spreading outside Babylon Gardens, while telling Mungo and Elena to held to the News Station and get a bulletin out, saying about the quarantine. With everyone having received their orders, Ralph dismissed everyone. For the first time in the history of their hometown, Babylon Gardens was closed to the world.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Oof, reading this chapter didn't make my headache feel any better (watching movies on a phone too close to my face does that). Great chapter! My heart goes out to Grape, Bino, and the others, I wonder what role infecting pets has in the Cult's plan for domination.
Also, I appreciate the "K9 Officer Kerbonaut" ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

If they are behind it, the cult has now got to deal with a ticked off Max, Peanut, and K9 squad, they’ll soon regret their decision.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Grape's situation seems dire - garking blood is never good.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's a lot better than being gorked though you have go to admit. Since being gorked means you are brain dead. (Only being kept alive by machines, not being a zombie.)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, if it's any consolation to you guys, this arc was subjected to the most edits and tweaks I've ever done (In one version, Grape was going to die) to any arc.
trekkie wrote:If they are behind it, the cult has now got to deal with a ticked off Max, Peanut, and K9 squad, they’ll soon regret their decision.
Don't forget the entire population of Babylon Gardens as well.
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Oof, reading this chapter didn't make my headache feel any better (watching movies on a phone too close to my face does that). Great chapter! My heart goes out to Grape, Bino, and the others, I wonder what role infecting pets has in the Cult's plan for domination.
Also, I appreciate the "K9 Officer Kerbonaut" ;)
Thought you'd like that :) As for their plan, think of it as 'Weeding out the weak to make way for the strong'.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

If all goes well today, the next chapter will go up tonight! Was going to work on it yesterday, but as it was Thanksgiving, I decided to take a one day break and work on my second novel (which may be the first to be release lol), along with planning out the arcs for S4, S5, and S6 of HousepetZ (Yeah, I came up with tons of new arcs).

Just to answer one small question that may have popped up, I actually have a list of characters I will never kill in HousepetZ, which are as followed:
- King, Bailey, Olive, Ace, and Rook (If you know me, you know WHY I'll never kill them nor put them in any harms way, hence why Anubis has a protector watching over them)
- Mungo & His Girlfriend
- Certain members of the K9 (Terrance, Ralph, Fido, Bino)
- Grape & Max
- Peanut
- Dragon, Zodd, Anubis
- Zach & Jessica
- Keene, Rock, Lana, Pit
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to know, those are all good characters to keep around in my opinion. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next, I’m sure it’ll be awesome!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Good to know, those are all good characters to keep around in my opinion. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next, I’m sure it’ll be awesome!
Thanks :) And yes, the next series of arcs will be awesome. I can tease this about S4: "It maybe the end for one, but it's just the beginning for another"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:If all goes well today, the next chapter will go up tonight! Was going to work on it yesterday, but as it was Thanksgiving, I decided to take a one day break and work on my second novel (which may be the first to be release lol), along with planning out the arcs for S4, S5, and S6 of HousepetZ (Yeah, I came up with tons of new arcs).

Just to answer one small question that may have popped up, I actually have a list of characters I will never kill in HousepetZ, which are as followed:
- King, Bailey, Olive, Ace, and Rook (If you know me, you know WHY I'll never kill them nor put them in any harms way, hence why Anubis has a protector watching over them)
- Mungo & His Girlfriend
- Grape & Max
- Peanut
- Dragon, Zodd, Anubis
- Zach & Jessica
- Keene, Rock, Lana, Pit
Daisy?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:If all goes well today, the next chapter will go up tonight! Was going to work on it yesterday, but as it was Thanksgiving, I decided to take a one day break and work on my second novel (which may be the first to be release lol), along with planning out the arcs for S4, S5, and S6 of HousepetZ (Yeah, I came up with tons of new arcs).

- Mungo & His Girlfriend
- Grape & Max
- Peanut
- Dragon, Zodd, Anubis
- Zach & Jessica
- Keene, Rock, Lana, Pit
Daisy?
Whoop, forgot her :oops: She's on the no-kill list too
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:

- Mungo & His Girlfriend
- Grape & Max
- Peanut
- Dragon, Zodd, Anubis
- Zach & Jessica
- Keene, Rock, Lana, Pit
Daisy?

Whoop, forgot her :oops: She's on the no-kill list too
… and happy holidays to you, too, Sean ….. ! ;) (Everybody forgets about Daisy ... even Rick (Sigh).)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think he forgets her because she is supposed to be a joke character but Rick has come up with a lot better jokes after her introduction.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Apologies for the delay. Not only was last week was a bit rough on me (Was in a bit of a grumpy mood, to be honest, so I didn't work on much), I had to re-do a bunch of this newest arc in order to fix some glaring plot-holes I made during the initial scripting, along with another tweak to the ending as I realized a character I introduced didn't do much (Plus, I was reminded that Daisy's still alive in this fic so I wanted to have a scene with her). So, if all goes well, next chapter should be up tonight.

Meanwhile, here's what to expect for the HousepetZ: Survivor Tails Season 4, since that is already planned out:
HousepetZ: Babylon Gardens' Most Wanted
HousepetZ: 48 Hours In Babylon Gardens
HousepetZ: Disaster Transport
HousepetZ: Urban Chaos
HousepetZ: Zero Hour
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK that you weren't able to work on much. There really is no rush for you to get anything done and we all can wait patiently for what will happen next. You just do you and we will be fine. Though I will say that what you have planned out sounds wonderful!. I look forward to it!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Don't worry about it Sean, your setbacks are understandable. Looking forward to the next chapter (and Daisy's scene!).
The upcoming arcs sound exciting! This story has grown so much we may need an entire table of contents soon :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Wanted to get at least this up. Right now, the plan is to have this arc be somewhat long, but how long I'm not sure.)

Part 2: Pandemic

FIVE HOURS SINCE QUARENTINE
"...PLEASE STAY IN-DOORS...THIS IS NOT A DRILL...A TOWN-WIDE QUARENTINE IS NOW IN EFFECT..."

In stark contrast to previous days, Babylon Gardens was deathly silent, with the only sounds being the occasional whisper of the breeze or one of the patrol cars roaming about, making sure the quarantine is kept in check. Since announcing the lock-down, more people and pets had either been admitted to the hospital or placed in specialized HAZ-MAT Tents outside their homes. Every house was locked up tight with the inhabitants inside wondering what was going to happen to them and if they'll even make it through the night.
"Let's check that house out," K9 Sgt. Price (a Scottish Terrier) remarked to his partner, K9 Officer Soap MacTavish (A fellow German Shepherd), and Kylie, a feline member of the HAZ-MAT team, as they drove around the block in the K9 patrol car. Pulling over near the house, both placed their K9 HAZ-MAT gear and walked up the driveway to the front door and knocked. No answer.
"This is K9 Price with K9 Soap and HAZ-MAT Kylie," Price said a bit loudly, though not too loudly, "We're just checking up on you to see how you're doing." Kylie, in the meantime, walked over to one of the windows and peered in, then remarked "I don't see anyone inside..." however, she soon saw something near one of the rooms and told Price that they may have an issue. Nodding, Price shouted "Is everything OK?" then waited for a response. When none came, he then motioned to Soap who, in turn, pulled out their Lock-Picking set and Price said "I say again, is everything OK?" Again, no response. With no other option, Price nodded to Soap who began to pick the lock and, after a few seconds, the door was unlocked and all three entered the home.
"Is anyone here?" Price shouted as he and Kylie checked the living room while Soap checked the kitchen. At first, the house seemed empty, but Kylie soon found what she saw through the window. "Price! Soap!" she shouted, "We got two!" Both ran over to where Kylie was, which was near the one bathroom. On the floor was the bodies of both the 50 year old homeowner and their pet.
"They alive?" Soap asked and Kylie shook her head and replied "No. Looks like they succumbed to the virus about twenty minutes ago." Soap shook his head as Price sighed then said, "Soap, radio back to HQ and tell them we found another set of bodies." As Soap headed back out the car, Price looked at Kylie, who was getting some blood samples from the bodies, and then back at the bodies and remarked "Reminds me of my days back in the S.A.S."
"You worked in the S.A.S?" Kylie asked as she continued her work, "I didn't know that." Price smiled beneath his mask and said, "Yep, before I came here to the States, I used to work for the S.A.S for a couple of years."
"How come you left and joined the K9's?" She then inquired.
"Retirement was boring," Price replied with a smile, "During a mission, I got shot in the chest and was out of commission for a while. Once I was cleared, I told the S.A.S I was going to retire. I was then put up for adoption and an American Couple adopted me and, well, here I am! As to joining to K9's well, again, I got bored of retirement and my dad said I should look into joining the K9's." Meanwhile, Soap arrived at the K9 Patrol Car and was calling their HQ...
"HQ, this is K9 Soap MacTavish, Delta Patrol, come in over?"
"Delta Patrol, this is HQ, go ahead, over."
"HQ, we're at the Philmore Residence and we need a crew to come by and pick up the bodies: A 50-Year Old Male and a doberman, over."
"Copy, Delta Patrol. Was it the virus?"
"Affirmative, HQ. Looked like they died about twenty five minutes ago. We'll mark the house and head back to HQ for decom, over."
"Copy, Delta Patrol. We'll have a crew on standby. See you back home, over and out."
"Copy HQ. Over and out."

Over at the K9 HQ, all the officers, be it animal or human, were working overtime to keep the peace in Babylon Gardens. While most of the officers were on patrol or on guard duty at any of the roads leading into the town, the rest were back in the station keeping themselves occupied or helping with figuring out the cause of the outbreak. Not by looking for a cure, but by finding any sort of lead as to the origins of this unknown virus.
"That Delta Patrol?" Lt. Ralph asked the radio operator, K9 Officer Viper (golden retriever), who nodded and replied "Yep and they found another set of bodies." Ralph sighed and told him to keep him updated. "That makes the death toll now thirty," he thought to himself as he headed back to his office, passing by two officers watching a movie on the computer. He looked over at the two and asked what they were watching and the one replied, ironically enough, the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, making Ralph chuckle before letting them get back to the film. As he arrived in his office, Ralph sat down in his chair, put his paws on his face, and sighed. He wanted this all to be just a nightmare and that it was just another normal day. But no matter how hard he tried to convince himself, he couldn't escape the fact that it was real. There was a virus and there were people and pets getting sick, including some of his friends and co-workers. But worst of all, there were people and pets who died from this and it only seemed to be getting worse. A small tear trickled down his face as he silently prayed for a miracle....
"You got a minute, Lt?" Ralph looked up with a startle as his name was called. Standing at the doorway was K9 Officer Kerbonaut, standing there with a cup of coffee as he had the all-night patrol. Wiping the tear away, Ralph invited him in and asked what was up. "Thanks but I was just coming by to let you know," Kerbonaut replied, "Terrance called in. He said he's at a house right now with two other people near Pavillion."
"Darn it..." Ralph sighed, "Did you tell him what's going on here?"
"I did and he said he's sorry he can't be here to help...however he did mention that the base he went to was attacked," Kerbonaut replied. Ralph's ears shot up, "Attacked? What do you mean?"
"Turns out there was a zombie attack there," Kerbonaut sighed, "He and another civvy got out but the base is gone. He did say he contacted another nearby army base and they are heading over to take care of it."
"Did he or the other one get bit?" Ralph asked, fearing the worse, but Kerbonaut told him none of them got bit. Ralph breathed a sigh of relief then, "At least that's some good news...that it?" Kerbonaut nodded and said he was going to finish his copy and head back out on patrol with K9 Torque and HAZ-MAT Whisky as both K9 Redfield and Officer Valentine were back now. Ralph nodded and told him to stay safe. As Kerbonaut left, Ralph leaned back in his seat as a small smile came to him. While the virus outbreak was horrible, he was at least happy that Terrance was alive as he didn't want to bury another K9.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great job on this chapter, it’s nice to see, even briefly, Ralph’s softer side. You know that he cares about his officers. The cult will, I hope, pay a extremely severe price for this barbarism.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am really enjoying this chapter so far! I mean almost as much as one can enjoy people brutally dying from a virus in agony.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Great job on this chapter, it’s nice to see, even briefly, Ralph’s softer side. You know that he cares about his officers. The cult will, I hope, pay a extremely severe price for this barbarism.
;)

Oh yeah, the characters of Soap, Price, Redfield, and Valentine were all small little references to two video games :) Just being cute there :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I got Redfield and Valentine, but were Soap and Price from "Call of Duty"?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I got Redfield and Valentine, but were Soap and Price from "Call of Duty"?
Bingo!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Part 3: Escalation

TEN HOURS SINCE QUARANTINE

"You OK, Max?" Max turned around as Mungo, who had just entered the break room, popped a question to him. In response, Max shrugged and said, "A bit...I mean, I know Grape is gonna pull through but...I dunno, there's this little part of me that is making me think I might lose her." Mungo sighed as he got himself a cup of coffee then replied, "Your mind will always play tricks on you and make you think stuff you never want to think. You have to train your mind to focus on the positives and less on the negative outcomes."
"Yeah, I realize that," Max replied, sipping his own cup, "Just that...the last time we had a virus, it only affected the humans. Now we got one affecting not only humans, but us pets. Just makes me worried s'all." Mungo, realizing the stress Max was going through, walked over to him and placed his muscular arms around him.
"Oof, Mungo, what are you doing?" Max sputtered but Mungo shushed him, "I was a therapy dog before I joined the K9's...and right now it looks like you need a hug." While a bit weirded out, it somehow felt comforting to Max. He didn't really want to admit it but a hug was all he really needed. After a bit, Mungo let go and Max smiled and thanked him for the hug. "Don't mention it," Mungo smiled, "Just keep your chin up, OK? She'll pull this! Grape's a tough cat!" Max chuckled, thanked him again, and was about to say something when, over the intercom, Lt. Ralph's voice called for everyone to come to the meeting room.
"Wonder what's going on," Max commented as both he and Mungo headed toward the meeting room.

Inside the meeting room, the K9's, HAZ-MAT, and Police Officers were chatting among themselves and discussing the current situation when Ralph entered the room, along with Dr. Kelly Brackett.
"Settle down everyone," Ralph said as he took the stand, "Dr. Kelly Brackett here from the River Ridge Hospital has an update about the virus."
"Thank you," Dr. Brackett replied as Ralph let him take the stand, "Good morning, officers. In the last ten hours, we have had a total of thirty-nine deaths from this virus in contrast to the ninety or so hospitalized, each one sharing the same symptoms as Grape Sandwich."
"What are those symptoms anyway, Doc?" Fido asked and Dr. Brackett replied, "High fever, coughing up blood, constant perspiration, vomiting, and various internal pains. We never seen a virus like this before." One of the HAZ-MAT Felines, Ricardo, asked "Could it be smallpox?"
"Unlikely," Dr. Brackett answered, "Smallpox symptoms are much worse and none of the patients are exhibiting said symptoms. Other then the symptoms, we know next to nothing about this virus." Quiet whispers were then passed about after Dr. Brackett revealed they knew nothing about the virus as he continued, "What's equally as strange is that none of the symptoms matches any known virus on record."
"So, what you are saying," Ralph commented, "Is that this is a VUO: Virus of Unknown Origin?"
"Correct," Dr. Brackett answered, "That also means that, because of the current status, we can't fully treat the patients, other then trying to keep the fever down."
"I don't mean to change the subject," K9 Officer Kacey, a red fox, then piped in, "But I got a question about Grape for Max: Do you recall anything she was doing before the day of her being sick?" Max thought for a bit then replied, "Not really..." He stopped as he suddenly remembered something, "Actually, I do remember her going to a karaoke contest the night before..."
"Where was this karaoke contest?" Dr. Brackett asked and Max replied, "I'm not sure who was the host, but it was at the Good Ole' Dogs & Cats Club, just down the road from Jack's Gun Store.
"Right, Max?" Ralph said as he pointed to two other officers and a HAZ-MAT member, "I want you to take Mungo, Jerry, and Paxton from HAZ-MAT with you and go to the club to check it out to see if there is anything there at all. If this virus originated there, then we might be able to find our actual patient zero...." Suddenly, K9 Officer O'Quinn came rushing in. "Lieutenant!" he shouted, "We have a situation at the hospital!"
"What's going on?" Ralph asked and O'Quinn replied "We got a full blown protest going on and it looks like it's about to get ugly!" This is not what Ralph wanted. Looking back at the officers in the room, he then made a tough call, one he was always hesitant to make. Looking at K9 SWAT Commander Kix, he told her "Get your team and the rest of the SWAT K9's geared up and head over there and try to get them to go home...Rubber Bullets and Tear Gas Grenades are permitted." He then said to the rest of the officers, "I need about fifty of you guys to head over there to help protect the hospital. Do NOT let this turn into a full blown riot." THe officers and Kix nodded and left the room quickly, along with Max and his team, while the rest of the officers went back to their duties.
"Dr. Brackett, I'll have Officers Beauregard and Arbelt take you back to the hospital through the back-way and have them stay with you, if that's OK" Ralph then said while motioning to the two. Dr. Brackett nodded and thanked him for his time before following the two officers out the doors. As they left, Ralph sighed and quietly mumbled "And I thought dealing with zombies was bad..."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonderful job with this chapter that you posted! Looking forward to more!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wonderful job with this chapter that you posted! Looking forward to more!
Thanks! Though, if I may be honest, this chapter in particular was giving me the most issues as I was struggling trying to figure out how to end it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You look like you have found a way to end it so that is very nice!