Babylon Gardens Mapping Project

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Fish Preferred

Babylon Gardens Mapping Project

Post by Fish Preferred »

Okay, so I've been trying to map out part of the town, but thus far, there's little to go on. From what evidence there was, I managed to determine the following:

The Sandwich residence has a long front walk, a blue front door, beige clapboard siding, and a raised section in the middle (possibly a cupola). It may or may not have a garage with white walls.
The Arbelt residence is a tall house with at least one bay window, white clapboard siding, and vermillion roofing. It might be across the street from the Sandwich residence, if the view from Three’s A Crowd and The Calling is anything to go by.
Jeff's house is a yellow clapboard building with a beige front door and wooden fence surrounding the back yard (the raccoons have a crude map of it). Robot meter is situated on the port side. On the opposite side of the street is a beige building with a red porch and a big red garage.
Pete's old house is like an oversized log cabin; completely brown with a small second story. It is about five minutes' walk from Bill's house.
The Wolf residence is that oddly-shaped green one you see pretty much all the time.
The club house is a plain brown rectangular building just down the street from the Wolf residence.
Babylon Gardens itself is very close to Brigham County, with the woods either between or adjascent to the two. It is also less than a day's drive from Kansas.

Here's a map I made using the first panel from Jungle Fever as reference:
As you can see, none of the known locations are recognizeable. Also, it turns out the sign is not the same one from the Easter two-off. Still, it's a start.

EDIT: map now links to slightly bigger map.
Last edited by Fish Preferred on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Babylon Gardens Mapping Project

Post by Obbl »

Oh yay! :D Alas Rick is unlikely to give us anything to work with in this regard (because he'd never remember it all if he did :P ), but it's always interesting to think about
Fish Preferred wrote:The Arbelt residence is a tall house with at least one bay window, white clapboard siding, and vermillion roofing. It might be across the street from the Sandwich residence, if the view from Three’s A Crowd and The Calling is anything to go by.
You may want to rethink that. And this one looks more brown than red to me anyway. ;)
Also here and here is the "abandoned manor". (no info on relation to anything else, of course :P )
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Alas Rick is unlikely to give us anything to work with in this regard (because he'd never remember it all if he did :P ), but it's always interesting to think about
I'd be happy with even a tentative general layout. I can improvise from there.
You may want to rethink that.
No, I'm quite certain that's an adjascent building, mainly because it doesn't match up with any of the other depictions (such as this one and the redbrown roof you already linked to). At least, that's what Rick can say if somebody calls him out on it.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rick changes things all of the time so we just go with it. For example, Jake was Bino's owner and not Jeff.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Rick changes things all of the time so we just go with it. For example, Jake was Bino's owner and not Jeff.
I'm pretty sure Rick said that was a mistake.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ooh. I guess I wasn't paying attention and fell out of the loop. Well it doesn't matter. I do like the idea of a layout for the neighborhood though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

what about the shots from the water gun fight arc? they of any use?

I seem to remember keene looking out a window at the neighbourhood... i think?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Buster wrote:what about the shots from the water gun fight arc? they of any use?

I seem to remember keene looking out a window at the neighbourhood... i think?
This, but all I know about it is that it's "down the road" from the battlefield, which I don't know the location of ... and that there's a strip mall.

Aside from that and the Arbelt house at the beginning, it's mostly just indistinct bushes and fences. Although this does remind me that the Bigglesworths have a totally awesome pool; apparently the only one in the neighbourhood aside from the Miltons', so if one does turn up it's probably theirs.