Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

YoshiMoshi

Re: Housepets! webshow, anyone?

Post by YoshiMoshi »

MrNeonShot wrote:
YoshiMoshi wrote:Hiya guys!

Just got an email that i was casted for the part and am very excited to help you on this cool little project!
i have been doing a bit of reading on this comic and so far it looks like i might get hooked! great writing and fun times all around.
If you guys need anything else feel free to private message me or post a reply! ill check up on you guys every other day or so!
Sweet! Be sure to say hello in the welcome thread! everyone here is rather nice, and would love for you to enjoy your stay here on the forums!
thanks! i could see how friendly everyone is and am very surprised! i def will check out more boards in the near future :)
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Congratz Yoshi :) Enjoy your stay here with this crazy bunch ^^

Kitsune if you need webspace or something feel free to pm me and i will set something up.

If i can help someway else just say something and i will try to See if i can do it.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So does that mean that you would be able to pay for webspace or would you be able to get something for free?
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yeah, congratz to YoshiMoshi, and welcome to the forums!
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Honorable Intentions

Post by Honorable Intentions »

GreatKitsune wrote: That would work well, as I'm more experienced in music production and live sound than actual voice recording.
Glad I can be of service then. :)

While I'm waiting for audio to actually work with, I can help develop the script too. I'm not the most familiar with screenwriting, a lot of it has to do with page-format and I need to brush up on it. I can work out a rough draft to give us a starting point, however I do have a few questions after we leap off our starting point.

Who are the animators and writers? When one writes a screenplay for an animated work, it requires a ton of collaboration from a lot of people in the writing, animating, and directing departments. Though we work on a smaller scale, it's still a lot of heads to keep track. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume GK is our director, but we need a headcount on who is actually doing what.

How will we all communicate outside of the forums? I suggest Google Hangouts. Not only can we chat in real-time, but with the google docs app we can write and edit a script in real-time as well. However I am open to more suggestions if people cannot use Google Hangout for whatever reason.
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
Lucky Abbot: S-9 P-6 E-7 C-6 I-7 A-4 L-3
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Honorable Intentions wrote:Who are the animators and writers? When one writes a screenplay for an animated work, it requires a ton of collaboration from a lot of people in the writing, animating, and directing departments. Though we work on a smaller scale, it's still a lot of heads to keep track. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume GK is our director, but we need a headcount on who is actually doing what.

How will we all communicate outside of the forums? I suggest Google Hangouts. Not only can we chat in real-time, but with the google docs app we can write and edit a script in real-time as well. However I am open to more suggestions if people cannot use Google Hangout for whatever reason.
I'm most likely going to be the one and only animator, and if you've seen HISHE, it's probably going to have that sort of style unless someone with better animating skills comes in.

Also, I keep suggesting Skype because it has a screen share function, so if we need to go in a call, we can discuss things there while one person works on typing the actual script. Also, there's a text chat that we can always look back on, copy and paste, and post pictures.
While google hangouts can probably do it, too, I already have skype.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Honorable Intentions

Ah okay, thanks for the info!

HISHE-style should get the point across, and it's better than no animation at all. It didn't stop those guys from making some quality stuff after all. ;) Housepets! is very dialogue driven anyway.

I'm not against Skype at all, I'd prefer it myself. However I do recall seeing some members taking issue to using. That's all I was concerned about.

Also, I've put together a bit of the script. It's in the roughdraft stage still, and thus far it's only the very first strip. According to what I've read, a page = one minute of footage. So I've put together about the first two minutes of footage or so.

You can view it here: HP SCRIPT
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

That's actually a lot from one comic, good job!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

First off, welcome, Yoshi!

Secondly, about the script, now that was funny!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So does that mean that you would be able to pay for webspace or would you be able to get something for free?
Like i said in the minepets / housecraft threat i have a big Server standing around in an Europe hosting centre with lots of free space and a good connection. So i would offer that one to be useable for this project as well.

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Are we going to have Grape ignore the second pun? "The peasants are revolting" :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She can not ignore that second pun. Her reply would definitely be GOLD.
Honorable Intentions

That raises a good point :lol: I was going to have Grape say "Now that's how you do a good pun" or something along those lines, but to be frank the "peasants are revolting" bit is a little funnier if the script doesn't explain it to the audience.

Oh well, that's what these rough drafts are for. Time to alter a line!

RP Character:
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Honorable Intentions wrote:That raises a good point :lol: I was going to have Grape say "Now that's how you do a good pun" or something along those lines, but to be frank the "peasants are revolting" bit is a little funnier if the script doesn't explain it to the audience.

Oh well, that's what these rough drafts are for. Time to alter a line!
That and there were a few minor errors. Nothing hard to fix. Mostly just wording and one or two highlight errors. Amazing for a first draft, tho'. Fix the first pages and start the second half and when I'm back (in 2 weeks), I'll tell the actors to start recording and I'll start making sound effects. Also, I have connections within a few small record labels (ARIA, G&D, HHMB, and Reach are the most notable), so I might be able to get copyrights waived on some songs to use.

Also, yes I've taken directorship, Mrneonshot is our lead animator (and only thus far, tho' Czukay has said he'll join us when summer is over), a few people have mentioned interest in helping with scripting earlier (I'll leave it to you to contact them), lead scriptor is open if you want it, since you've already done this much, and artists have not really appeared much, but I think Doug said he would help if he wasn't busy. Voices and scripts come first, of course, then sound/editing and animation, then finally art, finalization, post-production, and publishing. (Then tech stuff and a site/server, if your interested, Invisan.)
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

GreatKitsune wrote:Voices and scripts come first, of course, then sound/editing and animation, then finally art, finalization, post-production, and publishing. (Then tech stuff and a site/server, if your interested, Invisan.)
Actually, it's Scripting, voicing, sound editing, art, then animation. The program needs files in order to have a background and stuffs :v

Also, Douglas doesn't think he'll be able to help with the characters because he said with the new tablet, it takes too long and he's lost motivation.
I seriously don't want to be the only artist, but I can try tracing over the characters to put them in as character files, but I can't do background by myself.

So, if anyone volunteers, all I'd really need is line art because the program scans the lins and adds them. I'd have to color it in program in order to use the characters. Any help from artists is very appreciated!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:
GreatKitsune wrote:Voices and scripts come first, of course, then sound/editing and animation, then finally art, finalization, post-production, and publishing. (Then tech stuff and a site/server, if your interested, Invisan.)
Actually, it's Scripting, voicing, sound editing, art, then animation. The program needs files in order to have a background and stuffs :v

Also, Douglas doesn't think he'll be able to help with the characters because he said with the new tablet, it takes too long and he's lost motivation.
I seriously don't want to be the only artist, but I can try tracing over the characters to put them in as character files, but I can't do background by myself.

So, if anyone volunteers, all I'd really need is line art because the program scans the lins and adds them. I'd have to color it in program in order to use the characters. Any help from artists is very appreciated!
Oh. I assumed the backgrounds and angles came after the character animations. :oops:
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

GreatKitsune wrote: Oh. I assumed the backgrounds and angles came after the character animations. :oops:
I might be doing this all wrong then... ah well, we'll figure it out.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sure guess ill be able to handle that ^^ Already had to work in my company on a YouTube style Video Portal so this should be something i can build stuff of.

Honorable Intentions

GreatKitsune wrote: That and there were a few minor errors. Nothing hard to fix. Mostly just wording and one or two highlight errors. Amazing for a first draft, tho'. Fix the first pages and start the second half and when I'm back (in 2 weeks), I'll tell the actors to start recording and I'll start making sound effects. Also, I have connections within a few small record labels (ARIA, G&D, HHMB, and Reach are the most notable), so I might be able to get copyrights waived on some songs to use.
Alright I should have all of that fixed and ready to go before then.

And wow, we're going the whole nine yards for this aren't we? This is so exciting, we've almost got the barest bones of an episode.
...a few people have mentioned interest in helping with scripting earlier (I'll leave it to you to contact them), lead scriptor is open if you want it, since you've already done this much.
Sounds good to me, I will comb through the thread for anyone that expressed interest before and shoot them a PM.

Alternatively, you can just PM me when you see this post. For anyone interested, scriptwriting is going to involve lots of revision and editing.

Editing will involve fixing grammatical and formatting errors, whereas revising will involve a lot of "integrity" issues. Making sure the characters stay "in-character," keeping that Housepets! feel throughout, things like that.

EDIT:
The first draft of Arc 1's script is finally complete! I'm going to work on revisions for the rest of the week, then get started on Arc 2 soon after that.

Here it is for anyone who is interested.

RP Character:
YoshiMoshi

Post by YoshiMoshi »

Honorable Intentions wrote:
GreatKitsune wrote: That and there were a few minor errors. Nothing hard to fix. Mostly just wording and one or two highlight errors. Amazing for a first draft, tho'. Fix the first pages and start the second half and when I'm back (in 2 weeks), I'll tell the actors to start recording and I'll start making sound effects. Also, I have connections within a few small record labels (ARIA, G&D, HHMB, and Reach are the most notable), so I might be able to get copyrights waived on some songs to use.
Alright I should have all of that fixed and ready to go before then.

And wow, we're going the whole nine yards for this aren't we? This is so exciting, we've almost got the barest bones of an episode.
...a few people have mentioned interest in helping with scripting earlier (I'll leave it to you to contact them), lead scriptor is open if you want it, since you've already done this much.
Sounds good to me, I will comb through the thread for anyone that expressed interest before and shoot them a PM.

Alternatively, you can just PM me when you see this post. For anyone interested, scriptwriting is going to involve lots of revision and editing.

Editing will involve fixing grammatical and formatting errors, whereas revising will involve a lot of "integrity" issues. Making sure the characters stay "in-character," keeping that Housepets! feel throughout, things like that.

EDIT:
The first draft of Arc 1's script is finally complete! I'm going to work on revisions for the rest of the week, then get started on Arc 2 soon after that.

Here it is for anyone who is interested.
o wow, is that the script we will be using when its done? it looks pretty solid compared to others i have seen haha.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a very nice script!
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Well done HI. If the spot is free btw and in case we would need one. I would offer my services as narrator.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What is your guys opinion on a narrator anyway? Personally I don't think we need one but I don't care either way.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I don't think we'd need a narrator. I mean, the story would be told easily enough through the speech of the characters, and their surroundings.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I would certainly think a narrator would be bad.

Narrating i could see being used for some obvious heckles... like Bino... but only once or twice. Otherwise, it treats the Housepets script i would say like a Dr. Seuss book.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The only bits I can see needing narration are certain spot pages, and it makes the most sense to have peanut do those.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That works perfectly!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well it is ultimately up to you guys. All I do is just give comments when applicable. >_>
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, I'll be gone for the next week, so if you need me, pm me.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Voting has started for Fox. Also, I don't mean to push, but can you finish the 1st arc script before anything else. Progress is otherwise pretty much halted. :|
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually you need to remake the poll. You changed the name of the poll but didn't make a new one.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm back. I don't know how long this animating may take, but I'm hoping it doesn't take long.

Also, I've been thinking about making my own web series (besides the limbo instruments of remorse). I have a basic formula of the show, but I need to make characters and actual story :/
Not sure why I posted here, just thought it would be useful information.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Progress is halting... :|

Where did Honorable Intentions go?
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Uh why is progress stopping?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Uh why is progress stopping?
Recording can't start for arc 1 without a script, and everything else can't start without recording.
Hello, low order beings!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I wasn't aware we were recording now. Thought we were waiting until the whole cast was voted?

I know we got our Grape and Peanut now, but were we suppose to start recording and scripting?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:I wasn't aware we were recording now. Thought we were waiting until the whole cast was voted?

I know we got our Grape and Peanut now, but were we suppose to start recording and scripting?
Considering there are 80+ characters in Housepets (not including one-time characters and extras), that would not be possible.

Momentum needs to be established if this has any chance of surviving longer than past attempts.
Hello, low order beings!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I understand that, but we still have Bino, Max, Fido, Rex and Sasha to look up on since they come up shortly afterwards. I get we can start recording now, but I wasn't aware we were starting as soon as we got Peanut and Grape voted. =P
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

So... what exactly do we need, GK? Then someone can get on it. ;)
Honorable Intentions

Hey guys, sorry for the delay! The script is pretty much done, I'm posting it here so we can follow up on recording.

HP! - Arc 1 - Imaginate.

RP Character: