Amazee Dayzee

Re: Housepets! webshow, anyone?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then the above post was a joke?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No, no. I think it's quite likely that line will come up in the audition since it's one of their more emotive ones. The audition for Bruce and Roosevelt hasn't been posted yet though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

D-Rock wrote:Found this http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones- ... owball+usb

Both Amazon and Blue Microphones have good reviews on it. This a good direction?
O.O American Amazon won't ship to me and the cheapest I can find that microphone here is $105AUD (just under $84USD)! I can't afford to spend that much on a microphone! I might have to ask someone what a good, cheap brand is over here...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Found it for 95 AUD i guess http://www.nexus.com.au/blue-microphone-snowball.html

Dont know though if thats your price range since its still not really much less then before. Best thing would be though if you could tell your max Pricerange so we could figure something out.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, I was hoping for something in the $40-50AUD. Probably the max I'd want to spend would be $60-70AUD.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Try searching for this one then.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Portab ... B001R76D42

According to the Amazon rating and a few sites it should be quiet good.

If you would rather like a not that portable version you could try these two.

http://www.amazon.com/CAD-U37-Condenser ... +Recording

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Meteor-Stu ... B004MF39YS

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks for the suggestions!

The first is close to $80 so that's stretching it a little more than I'm comfortable with.

The cheapest for the second is well over $100AUD so that's right out. The third I can only get for $99 so that's too expensive too.

I don't understand how they can justify having these double or triple the prices you guys are paying. I really don't.

What about headsets with attached microphones? How do they compare in terms of audio quality? The microphone is close to your mouth that way so it should pick the sound up well.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Well the prizes are not really doubled. It only feels that way though.

Currently 1 AUD is worth 0,79331 US-Dollar.

So its not really cheaper then in the US. The prices are almost the same if you calculate the different wages earnings etc.

A friend of mine who was living in Australia for almost two Years (Traveling as Backpacker and stuff) told me that she earned way more money then she would in Germany.

Which is also part of the different Calculations.

If you earn 1500 AUD its the same as earning 1068,49334 Euro

Its all caused by the different exchange rates and tax.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I guess so.

Hmm... I found the first on Amazon UK which I believe I can buy from for $66.6 or $69 AUD depending on what colour I get. That's more doable.

Before I buy though, can anyone give me an idea of the difference in audio quality between something like that and a cheaper headset?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yay! I've been accepted to Monroe Technology Center for next year to take an animation computer course! I'll surely be able to help next year with animation :D
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Awesome! :D Congratulations!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations, Czukay! :D
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Thank you!
Edit: This is to everyone, even those who congratulate after I posted it :P
Last edited by Czukay on Tue May 19, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations on getting into the course that you wanted! I'm sure that you will learn a lot from it!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, I bought that mic. I think it should be a very good one and last me a long time. :) Plus I like that it's portable so I can skype you guys from everywhere. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Seems Skype is really widespread in other States ^^

I would rather go with Teamspeak though. Since you dont need to know anyone to call just join the Server and see if someone is there and join the channel if your in the mood to ^^

Thought it might be really well known for Gamers. But it seems not ^^

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I've heard of teamspeak but I'm not a gamer.
but I'm more familiar with skype, and I don't see the problem with needing to know people to talk, since we all know each other. at least kind of. and you don't need to know everyone, just whoever adds you to a group.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Thats true.

The difference is though that if you want with someone from the group who might have similar interest you could just switch channels out of the convo rather than calling him. Or if you already in a channel and someone else didnt know that there would be someone else playing a game well he can join without problems.

Even though i dont know how the Group stuff of Skype is working i guess you have to recall everytime to join the convo again. Or is it chat only?

Also another plus side is to join Teamspeak nobody else needs to be online so you have to wait for someone else to get online to start a group call.
Also what happens if the host leaves the convo is the Group call still intact?

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

We're getting a bit off-topic here, so why don't I describe Skype groups and if there are further questions, PM me or check out the Skype thread or something. ;)
(When we're actually ready to decide how intercommunication will be taking place, this discussion will be much more on topic :P )

A Skype group is created by someone and persists regardless of who is or is not online. People can be added to the group and chat at any time. A group call is essentially a phone call to the group. If someone starts a group call, anyone who wants to join the voice conversation can, and anyone who does not wish to participate can ignore the call. The call ends when all participating members hang up. Even if everyone goes offline, the group remains and keeps record of the chat logs, so when you log back on you can see all the previous chat still there.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Alrighty... I just uploaded some alternate takes for Peanut, Fox, and Tiger with my new mike.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

We still need more crew for this show to work :p
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

What sort of crew, Neon? What roles need filling?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

from what I see in the voice polls, GK says that more editors, artist and sound tech people are always welcome, and from what I'm thinking, required. I dunno yet, though.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:from what I see in the voice polls, GK says that more editors, artist and sound tech people are always welcome, and from what I'm thinking, required. I dunno yet, though.
Scriptors and animators, too. I can handle sound by myself if I have to, tho.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scriptor as in writing? I can help with that. You might have to nag me though. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I'd be happy to help with writing as well, if that's what scripting entails!

I also submitted an audition for Joey. Planning on submitting one for Bino as well.

EDIT: yep, there's my bino
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll probably be too busy with animating to help script, but I'd be happy to sit in on a skype call with the scripters to give in my input, if anyone'd be up for that.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds good. :)
I have my finals in 2 weeks so I'm not going to have time to work on it until those are done but once they're done I'm all yours. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So... a lot of shows have "filler" episodes in a series where they have little side episodes that are entertaining, but not really canonical to the story. My question to the fans is should we do that for the webseries as well?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it will depend on whether or not you guys will have enough time.
Honorable Intentions

Post by Honorable Intentions »

This sounds like so much fun! I've already auditioned a voice, but I'm willing to offer other services. I'm a competent video editor and audio engineer, so I can help cover those bases for you guys. I might be able to provide musical and script writing assets as well.

I kind of wish I could animate though, because it seems we're hurting for more of those than anything else.
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
Lucky Abbot: S-9 P-6 E-7 C-6 I-7 A-4 L-3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

MrNeonShot wrote:So... a lot of shows have "filler" episodes in a series where they have little side episodes that are entertaining, but not really canonical to the story. My question to the fans is should we do that for the webseries as well?
Filler is often added to break up tension, or to allow the source material/writers more time to provide the next plot line. since you're adapting a series several years old, the latter likely won't be an issue for a while yet, and as for the former, well the comic already has filler arcs of it's own: Spot, The imaginate arcs, guest weeks, they tend to have next to nothing to do with any of the running plots.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, we're not a professional project. we won't have an episode every week like anime does. we'll probably never catch up to the source material, especially not if we adapt one-offs as well
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Honorable Intentions wrote:This sounds like so much fun! I've already auditioned a voice, but I'm willing to offer other services. I'm a competent video editor and audio engineer, so I can help cover those bases for you guys. I might be able to provide musical and script writing assets as well.

I kind of wish I could animate though, because it seems we're hurting for more of those than anything else.
We need all the help we can get, HI, so you're more than welcome to help out ^^

What do you do as an audio engineer?
Honorable Intentions

Post by Honorable Intentions »

MrNeonShot wrote: What do you do as an audio engineer?
As in my day job or what an audio engineer actually does? I'm interning at a local studio and do some freelance stuff on the side with some of my own equipment and software at home. Basically I make sure the recording process is optimal and I make sure the recordings themselves sound good.
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
Lucky Abbot: S-9 P-6 E-7 C-6 I-7 A-4 L-3
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Honorable Intentions wrote:
As in my day job or what an audio engineer actually does? I'm interning at a local studio and do some freelance stuff on the side with some of my own equipment and software at home. Basically I make sure the recording process is optimal and I make sure the recordings themselves sound good.
That would work well, as I'm more experienced in music production and live sound than actual voice recording.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
YoshiMoshi

Post by YoshiMoshi »

Hiya guys!

Just got an email that i was casted for the part and am very excited to help you on this cool little project!
i have been doing a bit of reading on this comic and so far it looks like i might get hooked! great writing and fun times all around.
If you guys need anything else feel free to private message me or post a reply! ill check up on you guys every other day or so!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Welcome to the forums YoshiMoshi! Glad you like the comic, it'll make it more fun for acting I hope!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums, YoshiMoshi! :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Honorable Intentions wrote:
... Basically I make sure the recording process is optimal and I make sure the recordings themselves sound good.
GreatKitsune wrote: That would work well, as I'm more experienced in music production and live sound than actual voice recording.
Sweet! Then I guess you've got the job!
YoshiMoshi wrote:Hiya guys!

Just got an email that i was casted for the part and am very excited to help you on this cool little project!
i have been doing a bit of reading on this comic and so far it looks like i might get hooked! great writing and fun times all around.
If you guys need anything else feel free to private message me or post a reply! ill check up on you guys every other day or so!
Sweet! Be sure to say hello in the welcome thread! everyone here is rather nice, and would love for you to enjoy your stay here on the forums!