Housepets! Tails of Babylon! * Developer's Thread *

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Flamberrysan

Re: Housepets! Tails of Babylon! * Developer's Thread *

Post by Flamberrysan »

Well, first of all greetings to everyone, I have seen and played the game demo a couple of years ago and recently I remembered it and I said to myself, maybe I can help with something, and what I could do is that: I am a Spanish speaker And the language dilemma makes some friends of mine not enjoy the game to the fullest and I can help by translating it into Spanish, I am not a complete expert but I would still like to contribute now that I can, although I may need some help, only if I lets sure.
anything you want to tell me, you can tell me something by direct message
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, thank you for your interest! We still haven't gotten around to ironing things out regarding things like dialogue, unfortunately, but I'll be keeping you in mind.

Piece of advice, if you make your own big project for something like this, definitely iron things out as soon as you can. This is a first attempt for the a lot of us on the team.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even though this is your first time doing something like this, you have to admit that it has really came out great despite everybody having to learn as they go!
Flamberrysan

Post by Flamberrysan »

So if at the moment I can't help, the only thing I have to do is give you support and good luck with this project that is going to be ambitious, the effort that each one puts in is doing sprites, music, scenarios or just giving support and others is fantastic, they are doing great and I hope to see that game see the full game someday! just take it with some calm that they are not in any rush, but if there is something I can help with, I can gladly give what I can
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:40 pm Thanks for the words of encouragement!
D Rock hiiiiiiii :D

How are things these days?
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh hey look at that someone came back. I hope that you plan to stay around. :P
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hey Dayzee! Yeah I'll try to pop in when i can, might even try the music thing again if u guys will let me since I've definitely changed over the years
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oh, wow, definitely didn’t expect to see you here again! :D

Unfortunately, things hit a standstill. Over on the Discord, been working on character sprites and even started with wall tiles, just haven’t shown them here.

That, and don’t have much opportunity to work on things as of late, since most of my available time on my computer is rather limited as of late.

It would be great to have you back!
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

D-Rock wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:52 pm Oh, wow, definitely didn’t expect to see you here again! :D

Unfortunately, things hit a standstill. Over on the Discord, been working on character sprites and even started with wall tiles, just haven’t shown them here.

That, and don’t have much opportunity to work on things as of late, since most of my available time on my computer is rather limited as of late.

Oh, can you send me an invite to the discord?
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sure everybody will be happy to see you!
Chubbo

Post by Chubbo »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:45 pmi
True. From what I've been able to play for demos, it's been good and I've enjoyed it. I'm excited for whatever is to come
Owner of the housepets ranking tumblr https://housepets-character-rankings.tumblr.com/

I do rp I'm just nervous to ask to join
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as it is something that comes out I will be really glad for it. Because we will have some movement on the project.
21xco

Post by 21xco »

heyo to anyone reading here. I'm (kind of) new and I haven't used these forums very much, bummer. I should give it a try sometime. :P

anyway I saw this huge thread on a fangame of Housepets a while back and I thought that was pretty awesome. but then this realization hit me that there were people from this community that were making a full-blown RPG for a long-running webcomic - and one of, if not my very favorite at that. unfortunately I don't have much that I can help you with in terms of the game itself, so yeah like the other guy said all that I really can do is wish y'all luck with everything. considering that the idea for Tails/Tales of Babylon came about in around 2014... honestly? it's crazy I'm not the only person that's still excited for this kind of project and that's a huge inspiration for me

nothing much else, just wanted to show a bit of my appreciation for y'all. not very easy putting it into words :lol: if I do stick around here a bit more often then I look forward to meeting you guys
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the kind words!

Regrettably, the project is still in development hell, so nothing has been worked on in a long time.

…this is going to become Housepets Forever, isn’t it?
21xco

Post by 21xco »

ah, sucks to hear :/ hopefully stuff gets better for the team. and it surely won't be forever, as that probably does not exist (which is good in this context :] )
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GreatKitsune wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 pm
D-Rock wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:52 pm Oh, wow, definitely didn’t expect to see you here again! :D

Oh, can you send me an invite to the discord?
Wuhl, H'lo, GK - nice to have you come'round! Hope you're well - yah been missed.