Housepets! Tails of Babylon! * Developer's Thread *

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SuperStar

Re: Housepets! The game.

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't wait to see the water balloon arc. Though I have a quick question about a page. The water balloon that was gonna hit Ralph and Kevin, was it gonna land ON TOP of them and was there water in there?
a.) Original Story, not Comic's Story. Just need to say that :?
b.) According to the mouseover it "took all morning to fill it", so yes there was water in it :D
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't wait to see the water balloon arc. Though I have a quick question about a page. The water balloon that was gonna hit Ralph and Kevin, was it gonna land ON TOP of them and was there water in there?

Well everyone needs skype first XD
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought it would have been something more...nasty.

Anyway, did it land on them or near them?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Anyway, did it land on them or near them?
Whichever is funnier ;)
You should do a water balloon challenge even though it's original story (maybe as a side thing), cause... water balloon war! :D
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Obbl wrote:
Whichever is funnier ;)
You should do a water balloon challenge even though it's original story (maybe as a side thing), cause... water balloon war! :D
Maybe it will be like "Water Balloon War II", the first one was called "The Great Water Balloon War" cause they where not expecting a second one, *wink wink* ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And instead of water balloons you fill them up with mud!
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

Lets get back on topic. Everyone interested in helping Needs Skype.
ImageImage
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

KingFan202 wrote:Lets get back on topic. Everyone interested in helping Needs Skype.
I'll work on making a new account for Skype
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I am interested in helping, though, no idea what I could work on. My art is bad, as you can see from my deviantart, and I don't know what else there is to do.

My skype is dtlux123.
SuperStar wrote:
Obbl wrote:
Whichever is funnier ;)
Maybe it will be like "Water Balloon War II", the first one was called "The Great Water Balloon War" cause they where not expecting a second one, *wink wink* ;)
A nice little history lesson for anyone that understands. :D

(were, not where)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

dtlux1 wrote:I am interested in helping, though, no idea what I could work on. My art is bad, as you can see from my deviantart, and I don't know what else there is to do.
*starts talking in a very posh English voice* Very well, we'll consider letting you join, as long as you don't try implementing any crack ships in this project, :P
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

SuperStar wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:I am interested in helping, though, no idea what I could work on. My art is bad, as you can see from my deviantart, and I don't know what else there is to do.
*starts talking in a very posh English voice* Very well, we'll consider letting you join, as long as you don't try implementing any crack ships in this project, :P
Well SuperStar You need skype too ya know.

I been kinda leading this thing xD So i can make the skype group etc
ImageImage
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

SuperStar wrote:
Ok, no King and Pete, no Zach and Jessica, no Grape and Joey, no Max and Peanut, no King and Joel, no Tarot and Squeak, no Spo and Tiger, no Marvin and Sasha, no Daisy and Max, no Dragon and Spo, no Kitsune and Karishad, no Bino and Joey, no Lester and Dallas, no Natani and Keith, no Dragon and Pete, no Karishad and Keene, no King and Fox, no Max and Grape, no Peanut and Tarot, no Max and Sasha, no Peanut and Daisy, no Max and Karishad, no Dragon and Joey, no Dallas and Joey, no King and Joey, no Kevin and Dragon, no Spo and Fido, no Squeak and Joey, no Spo and Squeak, no Dragon and Daisy, no Karishad and Bino, no Bino and King, no losing the game, no Max and Karishad, no Spo and Joel, no Pete and Jessica, no Shasha and Jessica, no Zach and Dragon, no Fido and Bino, no King and Fido, no Spo and Daisy, no Karishad and Tarot, no Grape and Joel, no Kevin and Karishad, no Daisy and Dallas, no Dallas and Lester, no Spo and Grape, no Karishad and Fox, no weird shippings.

Got it. :D

Sorry for going off topic, won't happen again. And believe me, I could have done a lot more, be glad I stopped. 8-)

Also, glad to see original story won. That will make the game more fun to play for people, because they won't know exactly how it may end. It would also give it more replayability.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes dlux1, any pairing in your mind CANNOT be put in the game.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yes dlux1, any pairing in your mind CANNOT be put in the game.
But... But... I also have the official comic pairings in my mind, even if they aren't on the top.

And I do believe I have many good ideas, just look at hat list. It is full of many ideas.

I really need to stay on topic here, I have been yelled at about that before. I try, but all that comes out is shipping and other crap. :D
Last edited by dtlux1 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, I'll ask my parents if I can get a Skype account when I get the chance.
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

Well we just need a story writer and pixel artist.
ImageImage
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I dont think i can help you with this, but i really like ur ideas, will be looking at this thread to so how all work! Good luck guys!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, here's an idea for the premise.
-
Babylon Gardens is a peaceful pet-friendly neighborhood. However odd occurrences have started appearing. Tarot, no longer having her link with the Spirit Dragon, asks Peanut and Grape to investigate. They soon discover something on the high end of the Celestial scale is going on and something needs to be done. Assisted by Tarot and Sabrina's remaining magic Peanut and Grape head around Babylon Gardens and the neighboring areas tracking down the sources of the odd happenings, all the while recruiting other characters like Max, Bino, King, and Fox.
-
How's that for a start?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Needs more Kevin and I will give it my approval. :lol:

Seriously, it does look good. However if you are going to use Sabrina again, PLEASE also have Fido in there. You'll make the Fibrina shippers very happy.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Needs more Kevin and I will give it my approval. :lol:

Seriously, it does look good. However if you are going to use Sabrina again, PLEASE also have Fido in there. You'll make the Fibrina shippers very happy.
Never intended not to have Fido there, it's just his name didn't come of the top of my mind right away like the other 4 did.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its just that I think after what Sabrina has gone through, I doubt Fido would be willing to let her out of her sight anytime soon.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Its just that I think after what Sabrina has gone through, I doubt Fido would be willing to let her out of her sight anytime soon.
I understand that, I'm just saying that I never intended to exclude Fido, I just simply didn't mention him because it was meant to be a vague idea.
PS, should Fido use Guns when he joins the party? :P
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

This looks very interesting! I would like to participate with pixel art if I can. :D
I may still be working on Thread Bound, but I am more than happy to work on spites for this in my spare time. I'm happy to work on any HP! related projects! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as they are water guns, then yes.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

How about rubber pellets? "Cause they don't trust K-9 with real guns."

Here are some ideas for how different characters fight:

Peanut will use Balls as his weapons. One of the stronger variants will be of course the Mega Ball.

Grape
will fight using brooms, maybe some other pole weapons later on.

Bino
will fight with Balls similar to Peanut, but his stats will be different.

Max
I'm a little stumped on, but maybe he could use brass knuckles. Admittingly it is a little simple in comparison to other characters, but it works with him being a half-feral, and I think there could be a joke about it being implied that he is de-clawed.

Sasha
I think could use a purse as her weapon, and she throws random junk out of it to harm enemies.

Fox
of course will use a bo-staff, and he'll be a sort of Grape clone, except his stats will be different much like Bino to Peanut.

King
, I have 2 ideas for him. One is a Shovel cause, well you know. Two is a old RPG fashioned Sword, as a reference to him being a more serious character.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

At first, I thought that Max having brass knuckles would be a problem, since last I heard, those things are illegal. But somehow, that would still make sense.

Seriously, I keep imagining King using a ninjaken! Don't know why!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

SuperStar wrote:How about rubber pellets? "Cause they don't trust K-9 with real guns."

Peanut will use Balls as his weapons. One of the stronger variants will be of course the Mega Ball.

Grape

Bino

Max
I'm a little stumped on, but maybe he could use brass knuckles. Admittingly it is a little simple in comparison to other characters, but it works with him being a half-feral, and I think there could be a joke about it being implied that he is de-clawed.

Sasha
I think could use a purse as her weapon, and she throws random junk out of it to harm enemies.

Fox
of course will use a bo-staff, and he'll be a sort of Grape clone, except his stats will be different much like Bino to Peanut.

King
, I have 2 ideas for him. One is a Shovel cause, well you know. Two is a old RPG fashioned Sword, as a reference to him being a more serious character.
Yes, I agree with these choices. It is also apparent to me that everyone has the same mind set as to what the HP! characters would use as weapons, we know these characters very well it would seem :P .
However, hadn't though of brass knuckles for Max, it's quite clever and makes the most sense.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
SuperStar wrote:How about rubber pellets? "Cause they don't trust K-9 with real guns."

Grape

Bino

Max

Sasha

Fox

King
Yes, I agree with these choices. It is also apparent to me that everyone has the same mind set as to what the HP! characters would use as weapons, we know these characters very well it would seem :P .
However, hadn't though of brass knuckles for Max, it's quite clever and makes the most sense.
Also, I forgot this one.

Tarot should use basic RPG magic, and would equpi different books to represent different spells. The strongest variant should be "U&U Strategy Guide".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do we know how long she can use magic until it runs out?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Do we know how long she can use magic until it runs out?
Unless it collides with in comic events maybe it'll just run out at some point in story, I don't know.
ds-al-coda

Post by ds-al-coda »

SuperStar wrote:
Unless it collides with in comic events maybe it'll just run out at some point in story, I don't know.
Are you planning on going past the 'Heaven's Not Enough' arc? Considering that Tarot and the Dragon are seperate at that point, it might be a good idea to have her stop using magic (or cut her from the party).
translation thread here
tumblr here

i've been away for too long, expect something soon.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

ds-al-coda wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
Are you planning on going past the 'Heaven's Not Enough' arc? Considering that Tarot and the Dragon are seperate at that point, it might be a good idea to have her stop using magic (or cut her from the party).
Maybe have her magic slowly go away until there are only basic spells. Over powered in the begining, and later on, just normal.

I do agree with the other characters though. I love the second idea for Kind. And with Max, that does make sense, I could see him using those.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I like the weapon selection nice thinking If Tarot will be heavy-plot involved she can be out of the party, giving hints, missions, selling potions, or something else as NPC.

Maybe we can start with the plot ideas, if someone had already one(s), to see which characters fits better in what kind of roll.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

ChekeBello wrote:I like the weapon selection nice thinking If Tarot will be heavy-plot involved she can be out of the party, giving hints, missions, selling potions, or something else as NPC.

Maybe we can start with the plot ideas, if someone had already one(s), to see which characters fits better in what kind of roll.
I have an idea where Tarot is a party member, but only for the very beginning of the game, when her magic is stronger. She'll serve as a sort of crutch for the beginning, but quickly leaves the party and takes the role of an Assistant NPC after her magic starts disappearing.

I second getting on to plot ideas!
ds-al-coda

Post by ds-al-coda »

SuperStar wrote:
ChekeBello wrote:I like the weapon selection nice thinking If Tarot will be heavy-plot involved she can be out of the party, giving hints, missions, selling potions, or something else as NPC.

I have an idea where Tarot is a party member, but only for the very beginning of the game, when her magic is stronger. She'll serve as a sort of crutch for the beginning, but quickly leaves the party and takes the role of an Assistant NPC after her magic starts disappearing.

Or to make the game more balanced, Tarot can be a Jagen-style character where she carries the team but becomes extremely weak mid-game onwards.

Honestly it's much easier to think about specific character strengths with Fire Emblem archetypes :P
translation thread here
tumblr here

i've been away for too long, expect something soon.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, another thing that needs to be cleared. RPGMakerVXAce is a fantasy RPG maker, so it has little to no "Modern" tiles and other things. I tried searching for a "Modern Texture Pack", and I did. However it costs 6 dollars, and it looks sort of dull, though maybe we could customize it to look brighter and more up beat.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

SuperStar wrote: I have an idea where Tarot is a party member, but only for the very beginning of the game, when her magic is stronger. She'll serve as a sort of crutch for the beginning, but quickly leaves the party and takes the role of an Assistant NPC after her magic starts disappearing.

This is a good idea, she could serve as early Tutorial, and be part of the party for some of the first missions helping to get used to the gameplay.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I think that sounds like it could be a very good idea.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I think the idea of Tarot being a party member at the beginning, then becoming an NPC is a great idea. :D

The second best is to have her magic slowly go away throughout the game. Maybe if this happens, at the beginning, magic is her weapon, then as it goes away, she gets a weapon or attack that she can use that isn't magic. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually sounds like it could be a good idea.