15 Crack-Pairings Challenge

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

trekkie

Re: 15 Crack-Pairings Challenge

Post by trekkie »

Fox x Maxwell

Maxwell looked at himself in the mirror that hung over the door of his bedroom. His jet black and ash grey fur was freshly groomed and his (nonfunctional) cat bell gleamed in the afternoon sun. He looked pretty good, his love generally didn't care if he looked spiffy, but Max did him the favor of looking his best. After all, the dog was more than worth it, as he had helped Maxwell give up catnip, and had been steadfast through the cat's anxiety and insecurity. Max looked at the time on his bedside clock, he had a half-hour until he had to leave for their date, hopefully he could make it out of the house without running into his housemate Bino. The dog didn't much like cats, and some of the things he said about cat-lovers, dogs that dated or even just liked cats, were very hurtful. Bino was out on a date with his snobbish girlfriend, Duchess, though and probably wouldn't be in until later. Max packed the gift that he had picked out and wrapped for his love into a messenger bag, and had decided to set out early and enjoy the unseasonably warm temperatures, when he heard the door to the house open and two unfortunately familiar voices.

"Ugh. You still haven't updated this room, it is so last year." came the voice of Duchess

"I've tried to tell my owner that Duchie-poo, but he says we can't have it redone every year." Bino said

"The sacrifices I have to make," Duchess said, "lying on a couch that is from last year, and not even from a designer."

"I know Duchie-poo. I'm working on my owner , and hopefully he'll replace it with what I and you deserve."

No chance of that Max thought, unless you could somehow design a kick in the tail.

Not wanting to hear any more of the chatter between his housemate and girlfriend, Max picked up the messenger bag, grabbed his cell phone, hurried out of his bedroom, down the stairs, and out of his house. It would be a shame to ruin a good day and a good mood listening to those two nitwits. He decided to walk around the neighborhood, and enjoy the sunshine. Max remembered to text his owner, and tell him that he would be out on a date, and, if he wasn't back by curfew, would be at either the Limburg or Wolf house.

At the Limburg house, a frantic light-grey husky was preparing for the date, while a Welsh Pembroke Corgi and a darker grey husky tried to calm him down, to no avail. Fox zipped about the room, making sure that his fur and collar were perfect, that his yellow bandanna was clean, that the gift was wrapped, and that his leather bomber jacket was spotless. Fox was happy, happier, than he had ever been, there was a time, he thought, ashamed, that he would never have entertained the idea of being with a cat. Indeed he would've mocked anyone who did. There was also a time when he thought he'd never find love, and now he had. With a cat. It was funny how life turned out, sometimes. When he first hung out with Max, it felt so good, and Fox was overjoyed when the cat said that he liked hanging out with him. Max didn't care about Fox's facial scar, as he himself had a torn ear, and knew that Fox was a good guy, scar or no scar. The husky was a little concerned with what his father might think when he revealed who he loved, but his dad had been more than understanding, and glad that his dog had finally found someone who loved him. The fact that it was a tomcat was irrelevant, as Bill Limburg saw that the cat truly loved his Fox.

"Stop stressing, Fox," King the corgi said, "Max loves you just as you are."

"Yeah, hon." Bailey the husky added, "You're not going to do yourself any good working yourself into a lather like this."

"I know." Fox said, "but today is our six month anniversary and i want to make sure everything is good." He looked at his cousin and best friend. "I love him and he loves me, and I am just so happy, and I feel so lucky."

"That makes two of us." came a voice from the doorway

"Max, you're early." Fox said, " I wasn't finished sprucing myself up yet."

"You look amazing, just as you are." Max said, "You don't have to stress, I love you, just as you are."

"Love you too, Max." Fox said, "Just as you are. Why are you here early? i don't mind but..."

"Bino and Duchess were talking." Max said, "If I heard anymore I would've launched one or both of them through the living room window."

"That explains it." King said

"Oh, happy anniversary." Max handed over the gift from his messenger bag

"Thanks, Max, happy anniversary to you." Fox handed over his gift to his cat love, "Mind if I open it now?"

"Not as long as i can open mine." Max said

"Deal." Fox said and the two opened the gifts

"The complete Pridelands, deluxe edition?" Fox stared, "Thank you Max."

"Look at the inside cover." Max said as he unwrapped his gift.

"Signed by Res and Mrs. Auburn? Max, thank you, you are one in a million." Fox said

"A portable DVD player?" Max opened his own gift, "Fox this is awesome. Now i don't have to hear Bino whine about Pridelands, DVDs being in the DVD player."

"Look in the box." Fox said

Max did as instructed and pulled out a thin envelope, the cat looked inside.

"Tickets to the premiere of the latest Pridelands movie? You are awesome, Fox." Max said in amazement

The cat and husky kissed each other, and then set out on their date. As they walked out of the house they smiled at each other and Max leaned his head into Fox's thick fur. They were indeed happy, and very much in love. Watching them go, the corgi and husky shared a smile of their own. Two good pets in love, the two dogs thought, was a beautiful sight to behold.
Last edited by trekkie on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This was a really cute scenario that was put together even if it was a crack-pairing! Marvelous work!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

That was absolutely beautiful!
They're so cute together! :D I'm so happy for them.
You should write another story about these two sometime.
Last edited by FireworkFox on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

You're a wonderful romantic writer, trekkie. Nice job, I'm very happy for Fox and Max :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Aw, thanks guys. I might do one or two more crack pairings, (I’m thinking Maxwell x Bailey and Maxwell x Peanut or Maxwell x Mungo) and I probably will explore Fox and Max some more in a different fanfic, of course.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

If you're looking for suggestions, I would like to see Maxwell X Peanut. I think that would be very cute.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks, I agree, and I'll probably do that one after BailWell (Bailey x Max).

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I need to go through this topic and see all of the pairings and then come up with MY official couple names for them. :lol:
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

A few of them already have names.
Peanut and Bino = Binut
Peanut and Joey = Jonut
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Unless they come from the topic that I made years ago for ship names they do not count! :D
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Here is a few pairings that fit.
Steward & Lana
Kitsune & Fox
Zach & Bino
Duchess & Max
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All you have to do to come up with these crack pairings is just put everybody's name into a list randomizer and go to town on it. XD

As for the pairings that were listed above my post...
Leward
Fotsune
Bach
Dux
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Bino Costner quietly slinked around, making sure no-one was watching. Bino was the leader of the Good Ol' Dog's Club, a club he co-founded with his estranged older brother Fido Byron. Their youngest sibling, Joey Parker, hadn't been born by that time, so he didn't have a say in it. Bino took control of the club after Fido left to join the police force, and quickly instilled... poison in it's members. A hatred of cats, and the dogs that loved them, all fueled by Bino's insane bigotry. Bino had successfully turned the neighborhood against his brother once they found out he was mates with a cat named Sabrina D'Angelo.

There was only problem. Bino was no bigot. He was hiding something. Something HUGE, that if anyone else found out it could spell the end for him.

Bino walked around the building he was attempting to enter, a large, dark brick delapidated apartment. He was carrying in his paws a dead chicken. He entered the building, asked a couple smoking for directions (the clerk was asleep; drunk no doubt) and climbed the stairs to his.... "special place."

"Bino! You made it.", said the CAT, Bigglesworth , that greeted him in the dirty room she was staying in. She kissed his cheek; God, she was adorable, he thought to himself.

"What about that girlfriend of yours?", she asked him.

"Duchess? She wouldn't notice if I got hit by a train!" He handed her the dead chicken. She sniffed it, with a chesire grin. "Thanks!"

Bigglesworth grinned. She looked at him seductively "Let's snuggle!"

Bino chuckled. "Be gentle."

"Bino, you hypocrite.", laughed Fido, who had just arrested a catnip smuggler, and was passing by their room, the door open.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And now for something completely different...

A sweaty and exhausted male German Shepherd in a K9 Uniform reached into his locker, pulling out his phone.

"3 hours and 77 minutes, a new record!", cried Officer Bill Lindbergh, Ralph's superior. "Geez Sarge, keep this up and you'll have a heart attack."

"Hardy har har. Picking on the old guy.", Ralph replied as he dug into his locker for a towel, wiping off his face.

"Do you even have a private life? You've been training super hard for the last few weeks, going overtime. Your owner said you've been spending more time here than home. Why is that? Trying to impress somebody?

Ralph blushed. "No, sir. It's nothing like that."

"Let's hope not."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ralph was walking past the town's church when he spotted a girl sitting on a nearby bench. He sat next to her.

She was, like him, a German Shepherd, with a heart-shaped birthmark upon her leg, and a pink collar with a heart tag. She had a large tuft of hair on her forehead, and wore several large pinkish rings around her wrists. Her name? Sasha Hartford.

"Hey, Sasha.", said Ralph as he scooted over to get.

She giggled. "Hi, hon."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Those are some really good stories that have you have written down for some pairings! Great work!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

A dead chicken! Maybe Max or Peanut gave Bino that advice (via Rufus). Great job on these pairings.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do hope to see more and I would love to through some pairings out there but off the top of my head I don't really know any. LOL
Chubbo

Post by Chubbo »

Some more crack pairings:

Lana Milton x Silverbolt
Breel x Peanut
Daisy x Pit Milton
Tiger x Custom Ink
Jasper x Keene Milton
Gale x Steward
"Four Finger Discount" Jack x Lester
Uncle Deadeye x Rufus
Squeak x Ptah
Marvin x Shardul
Owner of the housepets ranking tumblr https://housepets-character-rankings.tumblr.com/

I do rp I'm just nervous to ask to join
Harry Johnathan

Uncle Deadeye x Grape. Come on. I dare someone to make that a thing. It's so stupid it can't possibly work.
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh I would not try to dare somebody to do that at all. You might end up getting it. People I find can be VERY creative when it comes to trying to make insane pairings work. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:35 pm Uncle Deadeye x Grape. Come on. I dare someone to make that a thing. It's so stupid it can't possibly work. I FRIGGIN' DARE YOU.

That would be a couple no sensible animal would mess with.

Bino would probably do it.

Chubbo

Post by Chubbo »

trekkie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:55 pm Bino would probably do it.
Yeah probably, and it would be a fun ride to see him try to do...anything
Owner of the housepets ranking tumblr https://housepets-character-rankings.tumblr.com/

I do rp I'm just nervous to ask to join
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox x Daisy.
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

KingXCerberus but it's a huge misunderstanding on King's part because Bailey took the role of the three headed guarddog and the two are synchronous at this point post fusion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That definitely would be a really interesting and fun story for someone to write it sounds like!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

MaxNut (with a dash of GraRot)

Maxwell Rufus Sharp strolled through his neighborhood of Babylon Gardens. It was a gorgeous day, nicer than it had any right to be in January, and he was enjoying the nice weather while he could, as the meteorologist had forecasted a return to the nastily cold, if seasonable , temperatures of midwinter . Truth be told, he was also nervous, the package was in his messenger bag; he had triple checked, but although he and his love had talked about it, this, this, was a quite a step. Well, no sense in delaying, his date was at three and it was now two forty-five. Max walked up to the house he knew as well as his own, and walked inside, saying a silent prayer that his gift, and the commitment that came with it would be accepted. Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich and already given their permission, hopefully Peanut would agree.

In his own room, in the same house, Peanut Butter Sandwich was trying to nervously pass the remaining minutes before his date. It had been just over a year and half ago that he and Max had realized that they liked each other romantically. Max, despite his snarky exterior, was a sweetheart who enjoyed helping Peanut with his Spot(Superdog) stories and also loved coming up with fun(his housemate, Grape called them convoluted) theories about all sorts of things. Peanut had the feeling that Max was going to take their relationship to a new level soon, and that was fine, howl, more than fine with Peanut. He just hoped he wasn’t misreading the tomcat. That would be embarrassing. Today’s date was at the pizzeria where they had their first date, that might’ve been a clue, or it it have been a coincidence. Maybe, the dog thought he should just relax and…Peanut’s cell phone chirped and he saw that Max had texted his arrival. Peanut looked at himself in the mirror and walked out into the living room to join Maxwell.

The cat and dog hugged, and Max reached into his messenger bag, pulling out a small square package. Nervously, Max knelt in front of his love and asked the question he had rehearsed so many times:
“Peanut Butter Sandwich, will you make me the happiest tomcat in Babylon Gardens?”

Peanut saw the engagement ring, and knew that there could be only one answer,
“Yes, of course I will.” Max put the ring on Peanut’s paw and kissed his love.

“So,” Max said, “pizza and bad movies?”

“Sounds awesome.” Peanut smiled

The two hugged again, and set off on their date, both laughing as if they were high on nip and anise. From the dining room of the Sandwich house a purple cat and a Pomeranian watched the happy couple go, the two were happy for the boys, happy to see the two such sweet guys happy with each other. Tarot D’Angelo looked at her girlfriend.

“Does that give you any ideas, hon?” She smiled at the purple cat

“Yeah, pizza sounds good.” Grape smiled

Tarot narrowed her eyes, “I meant…”

Grape grinned, “I know, hon, next week. We’ll give the boys a week to enjoy this, and be the newest engaged couple.”

They smiled and Grape called for a pizza delivery.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This was a nice installment! I love how you have written it!
gforce

Post by gforce »

How about Mungo and Grape? There was one panel in Hearts & Minds where Grape seemed somewhat attracted to him while he passed by behind her and Max. I wanna see more o’ that.

I request MungoXGrape.

Mungrape.
That sounded better in my head
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cerberus and Eudoant.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that would REALLY be a far out there pairing that someone could do when you think of it and it could be completely earth-shattering and break people's minds. XD
gforce

Post by gforce »

King and What Chicken
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That one would be a really tricky one to do and kind of insane almost like a dumpster fire that can't be put out.

Somebody do it! :mrgreen:
gforce

Post by gforce »

Bailey and Jasper.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Might be a tad complicated since Bailey seems so outgoing and social and Jasper doesn't say much. As a matter of fact, he doesn't say anything! XD
trekkie

Re: 15 Crack-Pairings Challen

Post by trekkie »

A late, and meager birthday/anniversary gift for Weston. Based on his request/suggestion.

FaiSy (Fox x Daisy, also some MaxTarGraNut)

Fox Limburg moved his coffee in small circles, trying to cool it as quickly as possible. He looked across the table at Maxwell Fry, who he was training, Max was one of the first two cats to be admitted to the K-9s, and Fox was honored to be selected as his trainer, especially considering the fiasco with Mungo. The cat had proven to be an able and eager trainee, and Fox was certain the cat would be an excellent officer. Right now, he and Max were at the donut shop, recharging their batteries with sugar, caffeine, and fat. Max had three loves, Fox knew, and Fox himself now had one, thanks to the gentle coaching of Max and his loves. The cat had just arrived with the donuts, cinnamon for himself and old-fashioned for Fox.

“Fifteen minutes for two donuts ,” Max grumbled as he set the donuts in front of himself and his trainer, “if these donuts weren’t so good, and they didn’t give discounts to K-9s, and they didn’t give me a second job, I might…nevermind.” Max started to eat the cinnamon donut.

Fox smiled, “Yeah, the wait time isn’t the best, that’s putting it mildly. Max, I hate to broach a personal subject, but how did you know you were in love?”

“With my three?” Max asked for clarification

“Yes,” Fox said, “You all are so happy together. I think, I think I might love Daisy. I just, I don’t want to blow it.”

Max smiled gently, “Look, you guys are good together, we’ve been on enough dates with you two to know that. Just tell her how you feel, and luck of luck, guess who is working in the kitchen today.” Max, went around the counter and into the kitchen returning a minute later with the sweet Newfoundland dog. He then moved off a respectful distance away, with his coffee and donut, to call Tarot to make arrangements for a date.

“Hi, Foxy! Max told me you wanted to talk to me. “ Daisy took Max’s seat and smiled at the handsome husky

“Yeah, I, Daisy, I really, really like you, I just, I don’t know if you, um, well, I mean, we’ll, that is…” Fox’s nervousness or his worrying nature was beginning to overcome him. Daisy loved that, he was pretty adorable when he got nervous, but caring about him, as she did, she took his paw, and looked into his eyes.

“Foxy, I really care about you, you are a real sweetheart, and the only one for me.” Daisy grinned, leaned across and kissed Fox.

Fox was temporarily stunned, he then smiled in relief. Daisy was sweet, beautiful, and now all his. He smiled, “Really? Great, I’ll call on you tonight after your shift.”

“I’ll look forward to that.” Daisy grinned at Fox again, and then the black and white dog moved back to the kitchen, giving Max a smaller smile on the way. Max moved back to Fox.

“So,” Max asked, “how did it go?”

“She and I are now a couple. Max, thanks for your advice, and thank Grape, Tarot, and Peanut too.” Fox was surprised and ecstatic, he then added more quietly but still audibly, “I never thought she’d accept me, I just, I never thought, someone so awesome would love me.”

“That’s how I felt with my three as well. “ Max was happy for the husky and Newfoundland, they deserved each other, and they were both awesome, he hoped Fox would see that he was as awesome as his love. If you want to go on a double date with me and Peanut, we’re going out next week. Oh, and tell Daisy that the box with ‘F & D’ on it is for you two.

“Yeah, I’ll see you two next week.” Fox was curious about when and how Max had made a treat for he and Daisy but for now it didn’t matter that much. He called his father with the good news, and knew that he had at least a nice snack to look forward to on his date with Daisy, his girlfriend, his girlfriend. The husky grinned as his his father answered, “Dad, I have some great news.”

As he paid the bill, Max smiled, both dogs deserved happiness, and he was confident they’d d find it with each other. Plus, it never hurt to have fans of his baking.

CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Very nice, trekkie.
NHWestoN

Re: 15 Crack-Pairings Challen

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:38 pm A late, and meager birthday/anniversary gift for Weston. Based on his request/suggestion.

FaiSy (Fox x Daisy, also some MaxTarGraNut)

Fox Limburg moved his coffee in small circles, trying to cool it as quickly as possible. He looked across the table at Maxwell Fry, who he was training, Max was one of the first two cats to be admitted to the K-9s, and Fox was honored to be selected as his trainer, especially considering the fiasco with Mungo. The cat had proven to be an able and eager trainee, and Fox was certain the cat would be an excellent officer. Right now, he and Max were at the donut shop, recharging their batteries with sugar, caffeine, and fat. Max had three loves, Fox knew, and Fox himself now had one, thanks to the gentle coaching of Max and his loves. The cat had just arrived with the donuts, cinnamon for himself and old-fashioned for Fox.

“Fifteen minutes for two donuts ,” Max grumbled as he set the donuts in front of himself and his trainer, “if these donuts weren’t so good, and they didn’t give discounts to K-9s, and they didn’t give me a second job, I might…nevermind.” Max started to eat the cinnamon donut.

Fox smiled, “Yeah, the wait time isn’t the best, that’s putting it mildly. Max, I hate to broach a personal subject, but how did you know you were in love?”

“With my three?” Max asked for clarification

“Yes,” Fox said, “You all are so happy together. I think, I think I might love Daisy. I just, I don’t want to blow it.”

Max smiled gently, “Look, you guys are good together, we’ve been on enough dates with you two to know that. Just tell her how you feel, and luck of luck, guess who is working in the kitchen today.” Max, went around the counter and into the kitchen returning a minute later with the sweet Newfoundland dog. He then moved off a respectful distance away, with his coffee and donut, to call Tarot to make arrangements for a date.

“Hi, Foxy! Max told me you wanted to talk to me. “ Daisy took Max’s seat and smiled at the handsome husky

“Yeah, I, Daisy, I really, really like you, I just, I don’t know if you, um, well, I mean, we’ll, that is…” Fox’s nervousness or his worrying nature was beginning to overcome him. Daisy loved that, he was pretty adorable when he got nervous, but caring about him, as she did, she took his paw, and looked into his eyes.

“Foxy, I really care about you, you are a real sweetheart, and the only one for me.” Daisy grinned, leaned across and kissed Fox.

Fox was temporarily stunned, he then smiled in relief. Daisy was sweet, beautiful, and now all his. He smiled, “Really? Great, I’ll call on you tonight after your shift.”

“I’ll look forward to that.” Daisy grinned at Fox again, and then the black and white dog moved back to the kitchen, giving Max a smaller smile on the way. Max moved back to Fox.

“So,” Max asked, “how did it go?”

“She and I are now a couple. Max, thanks for your advice, and thank Grape, Tarot, and Peanut too.” Fox was surprised and ecstatic, he then added more quietly but still audibly, “I never thought she’d accept me, I just, I never thought, someone so awesome would love me.”

“That’s how I felt with my three as well. “ Max was happy for the husky and Newfoundland, they deserved each other, and they were both awesome, he hoped Fox would see that he was as awesome as his love. If you want to go on a double date with me and Peanut, we’re going out next week. Oh, and tell Daisy that the box with ‘F & D’ on it is for you two.

“Yeah, I’ll see you two next week.” Fox was curious about when and how Max had made a treat for he and Daisy but for now it didn’t matter that much. He called his father with the good news, and knew that he had at least a nice snack to look forward to on his date with Daisy, his girlfriend, his girlfriend. The husky grinned as his his father answered, “Dad, I have some great news.”

As he paid the bill, Max smiled, both dogs deserved happiness, and he was confident they’d d find it with each other. Plus, it never hurt to have fans of his baking.
... and a very late and meager expression of appreciation for a fun, well-crafted story. Thanks for the gift, trekkie, and thanks for doing so well by two of my favorite characters who - as you so lyrically demonstrated - truly belong together! :D :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love what you have done with the fan fiction trekkie! It came out really wonderful!
Harry Johnathan

It felt a bit rushed,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe just a little but it still is nice! I find it to be believable!