Fighting Game Idea

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Fighting Game Idea

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mungo's color palettes may not have any references but they still came out really great! :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. few more for now.
North Starpallet.png
North Starpallet.png (128.18 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are kobold, Natalie, Snow, Zach, Bailey, and I think Spike from Housepets 1X.
Petepalette.png
Petepalette.png (69.84 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
4, 5, and 10 are Dragon, Max, and Cerberus, 7 and 12 are West of Heaven and Dissension, can't for the life of me remember 6, and 9 is a reference to a really old joke from the ToB thread, calling him a purple mage, more useless than the red and blue mage. :P
Ptahpallet.png
Ptahpallet.png (148.14 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Grape, Max, Sabrina, Res, Tybalt from Tails of Babylon, and Dragon
Ralph pallets.png
Ralph pallets.png (47.27 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Kevin, Fido, Fox, Terrence, and Echo and Bravo from Case: Housepets.
Rexpallet.png
Rexpallet.png (48.23 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
5, 6, and 7 are Daisy, Sasha, and Yeltsin. Like with Mungo, ran out of ideas.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you keep running out of ideas in the future if you have to do something like this, just choose colors from a random video game character or colors that work well together. That is what they did in SSB.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, sometimes I did, sometimes no one and nothing came to mind. I can be rather random with inspiration. I do have a few others that had outside sources as pallet ideas.
Sabrinapallet.png
Sabrinapallet.png (49.28 KiB) Viewed 11955 times
5, 6, 7, and 12 are Tarot, Fido, Dex-Starr from the DC comic lines, and Spirit Dragon. Dex-Starr is supposed to be a black cat, but some of the art depicts him as blue-ish.
Sashapallet.png
Sashapallet.png (70.17 KiB) Viewed 11955 times
5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Kevin, Fido, Fox, Daisy, King, and Pete.
Satau pallet.png
Satau pallet.png (56.38 KiB) Viewed 11955 times
6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Natalie, Tarot, Kitsune, Grape, and Dragon. 5 is the one dog that was pretty close to Satau at the compound, was she ever named?
SpiritDragonpallete.png
SpiritDragonpallete.png (48.9 KiB) Viewed 11955 times
This is where nearly all references are outside sources. 7, Pete, is the only one. 5 and 6 are Spyro and Cynder from the Spyro franchise, 9 and 10 are Ord and Cassie from the tv series, Dragontales, and 12 is Jake Long from American Dragon.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought that I probably would never meet someone else who also watched DragonTales growing up. That is really nice.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Those ideas were actually Chaoko's, but yes, I grew up on a lot of PBS shows, Dragon Tales among them. Thanks, though!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then I assume that he must have also. Glad to find two people that also watched the same shows at me.

Though admittedly, I didn't know cartoons existed until I was 4. :geek:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i preferr https://web.archive.org/web/20120716224 ... tails.com/ over the cartoon of the same name, personally. pity it ended...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The next few are ones made after the roster was decided.
corypalette.png
corypalette.png (70.63 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
3, 6, 9, and 10 are Bino, Zach, Dragon and Pete. Don't remember what 7 is, think Rockstar Hawk? 12 was a tomato palette. :P
keenenbreelpalette.png
keenenbreelpalette.png (92.54 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Wanted to include as many ToB-playable characters as I could, but hit a massive dilemma; Keene was too short. Tarot and King were short enough, but we also had plans for Nue and Olde, as well as a human character. The differences would be too much. A compromise I suggested was to have Breel be the playable character while Keene would be a support summon. 5 and 6 are references to the other ferrets, can never remember their names. 7 is Sabrina and Tarot. 9, no clue anymore. 10 is in reference to Jordi and Rick from the webcomic, Friends You Are Stuck With. 12 is The Forgotten and Eudoant.
milespalettescomplete.png
milespalettescomplete.png (529.87 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Also made Miles, though Chaoko suggested if we go for him, we'd cut North Star. Also not use his tribal paint look. 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 12 are King, Peanut, Bailey, Bino, Lucretia, Natalie, and Deadeye.
respallet.png
respallet.png (129.25 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Probably the most unnecessary, but here he is. 10 and 12 are Grape and Peanut, 3 is that one tiger from the Christmas strips.
...5, 6, 7, and 9 are references to the members of Team Babylon at the time; the Natukat, Star, Cobra, and Macabre. Though that was merely because I used a variant of Macabre before I got Rocky. :oops:
WeretigerRespallete.png
WeretigerRespallete.png (82.34 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Even made this to go along with it. Transformations were a later idea, mainly because Mirage would have one by default. Also the reason that Macabre eventually gained his Bone Lord form. Not all of them would be as drastic as these, but we never made it far into planning. Only confirmed ones I can remember were Were-rot, White Avenger Bailey, Avatar Satau and Ptah, I think Puzzle Master Peanut, and Avatar Mungo.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am assuming that Were-rot must have had something to do with a Natukat character of Chaoko's?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nope. It's what Chaoko refers Tarot's beast form as.
spotsuperdogpalette.png
spotsuperdogpalette.png (65.49 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
spotsuperdogpalettealternate.png
spotsuperdogpalettealternate.png (3.7 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
Yup, Spot could have been a playable character. Most of these palettes were derived from characters in the Spot comics, with the obvious exception of 12 being Peanut. That extra one is because somehow it didn't cross my mind to make a Superman color set. Might have been Star to bring that up. :oops:
whatchickenpallet.png
whatchickenpallet.png (27.58 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
And yes, we had joke characters. :P Not the only one, either, but we'll get to him later. 5, 6, and 7 are Tarot, Max, and Zach, the characters that caused him to appear. 9 and 10 are Pete and Trinket. Even went so far as to give him a Shadow color.
MysteriousFigurepallet.png
MysteriousFigurepallet.png (59.73 KiB) Viewed 11869 times
It's obvious, but yeah, Joel was going to appear as his own separate character with a newer design. The idea was that he'd basically be a King clone, but with a much bigger range, hitbox and effects. His story was going to be a lot darker, too. Basically, this was going to be Joel from a timeline where he lost everyone he loved. To show that, for example, King would use his ultimate weapon from Tails of Babylon for his finisher, wherein Joel would use a broken version of Bailey's ultimate weapon for the same attack. 4, 5, 6, and 7 are Olive, Ace, Rook, and Bailey. 9 and 10 are Scorpion and Reptile from the Mortal Kombat series, 12 is Pete.

I think this is it for the comic characters. Several OCs from Tails of Babylon were also planned. I'll post them later.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who were the other members of the forum that had characters in this game? :?:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Four, but I meant Tails of Babylon, the game, not Team Babylon, the people making it, in this instance. Reinhardt, Efran, Blu-e, Nue and Olde, and Baskerville from Tails of Babylon were planned to be playable, while Jenny and Tybalt would make cameos in endings.
Reinhardtpalette.png
Reinhardtpalette.png (235.51 KiB) Viewed 11839 times
Note to everyone, a grayscale pallet is not a good idea for a character that is already gray. 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 are Scarface from Animals of Farthing Wood, Tod from The Fox and the Hound, Disney's Robin Hood, Tails from the Sonic franchise, and Kitsune.
Bluepalette.png
Bluepalette.png (135.06 KiB) Viewed 11839 times
This is the other Joke Character. We had the idea of making him the "Dan Hibiki" of the game. Basically, he was supposed to be a terrible version of how Peanut was going to play. 4 is Falstaff, 10 is Reinhardt. 12 is Nue and Olde. The rest are just playing with ideas, such as straight up full colors or invert.
Efranpalette.png
Efranpalette.png (171.97 KiB) Viewed 11839 times
5, 6, and 7 are the different ways the character of Woundwort from Watership Down as been portrayed. The first is from the original movie, the second two are from the TV series. 9 is Zach, 10 is Zales from Tails of Babylon, and 12 is Reinhardt.
nueoldepallet.png
nueoldepallet.png (550.08 KiB) Viewed 11839 times
4 is based on their original color scheme. 5 is based on Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7. 6, 7, and 9 are based on how the nue is portrayed in the Shin Megami Tensei series. 10 is Reinhardt, 12 is Barghest from Tails of Babylon.
Baskervillepallets.png
Baskervillepallets.png (134.16 KiB) Viewed 11839 times
Don't recall all of them. I know 5 is WereGarurumon from the Digimon series. Want to say 6 is Manectric from Pokémon. Can't recall 4 right now. 10 is supposed to be Poncho, I think. 7 and 12 are Balto and Niju from the formers series of movies.

Maybe I will post the ones I made for forum members later on. Y'all think I should make this a thing?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do like how they all have come out nicely and your work! If you want to post more, then go for it! ^_^
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, here are all of the entrance quotes that were made. Several characters don't have one, simply because I never got around to them. And I think you could tell where I was at a loss with some of these. Should also note, these were written before I had gotten a good amount of character development for Mirage and Macabre, and several mention planned/suggested events that would happen in Tails of Babylon.

And you know what? here are palletes I made for a few people on here.
chaokatpalette.png
chaokatpalette.png (225.21 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
These were pretty basic. The references I can recall are 5 (Jenny from ToB), 10 (Shadow), and I think 7 was in reference to Chaoko's other project, Cheetah Kid. Specifically his shoes. The last one is simply his earliest rendition of the coconut cat, which he'd eventually finalize as his mascot and natukat species. Yeah, most of these are pretty old. Chaoko hasn't used this design in a really long while. I used the most recent thing I could find at the time.
SuperStarpallet.png
SuperStarpallet.png (299.52 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
Here's Star. I know 4 and 5 are Grape and Max, 10 should be Res. Can't recall the others anymore. The last one is simply art of his character as a Kamen Rider, drawn by Chaoko as a gift to him a few years ago.
gamecobrapallet.png
gamecobrapallet.png (79.73 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
Here's GameCobra. Icon was made by Stu, the artist of HP1X. 5 is Max. Don't recall any other except the last one. I found that Cobra used to have the Digimon, Flamedramon, in other places. Well, that's inaccurate, as he still uses it for his avatar elsewhere, but the oldest I found was of said Digimon unmasked. I asked, it was Flamedramon, not Exveemon. So used those colors here.
busterpallet.png
busterpallet.png (119.06 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
5 is Res, 6 is the villain from ReBoot, 10 is Macabre (yes, I realize I greatly overused that color scheme :oops: ) Can't recall the rest, really. Like I said, I used the newest images I found at the time.
rockypalettes.jpg
rockypalettes.jpg (876.91 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
After a REALLY long gap, made this from the art that Chaoko made for me of Rocky. Most are references to my characters. 7-12 are Mirage, Ermina, Oliver, Nikolai, Sickle, and Macabre.

I've been considering making more of the comic characters simply for the fun of it. Y'all think I should make that a thing? I did start on Gale around when she was introduced, but never finished.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing you do more of these things as they have came out great! I hope that you get the time to do more if you so choose!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alrighty.
eudoantpallets.png
eudoantpallets.png (468.61 KiB) Viewed 10445 times
Been getting a bit faster at doing this in Clip Studio Paint. In order, we have Normal, Reversed, Black and White, Inverted, Keene, Breel, kobold, ghost, Cerberus, Gold, Demon, and The Forgotten.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

These came out really awesome! Eudoant still looks as creepy as ever!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. Think this will be the last one in my system for the time being.
Marionpallet.png
Marionpallet.png (449.46 KiB) Viewed 10397 times
Believe it or not, wanted to do something for Marion like this because I really liked his design.

1. Normal
2. Reversed
3. Necklace
4. Inverted
5. Sherman (NPC from Tails of Babylon)
6. Steward
7. Blue Bull
8. Ghost
9. Natural-Born Squirrel
10. Hyzenthlay (Satellite City web series)
11. Gold
12. Barghest (Boss from Tails of Babylon)

So, about that last one, I really been thinking the whole "Marion becomes the new villain" idea way too long. So here we go.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm quite surprised that you didn't use Diss as one of his pallets. LOL Either way, great job on all of these pallets of him!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. And trust me, considered.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why didn't you go through with it? Didn't want to insult Diss and have him go after you? ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just really wanted to include a regular squirrel. That's it. Diss' color scheme probably wouldn't be much different, just a little more vibrant.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Got bored, and I really liked Stewards color pallet, so whipped these alternate ones up.
5, 6, and 7 are based on other real-world badger species, the European, wolverine, and honey badger. 9 and 10 are Jess and Marion, 12 is his colors as a human.
Attachments
stewardpallets.png
stewardpallets.png (281.96 KiB) Viewed 9615 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Whatever became of this project?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sadly, like many things, it’s dead in the water. Working on it was fun while it lasted, though, definitely liked making the palettes. And I am still using the OCs intended for it. This was where Mirage and Macabre were supposed to debut!

Something good came out of this, at least.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just take comfort in the fact that you were able to get some OCs out of it. If I was in your position I know I would! :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, I did enjoy the art - sorta Andy Warholish.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since Rocky was the main artist for this I am sure he would be happy to hear that! Definitely a lot better than anything I could ever do.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, y’all. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that yo9u can draw some more art when you get the time soon! It would be a shame if you just stopped completely!