Introducing....Grape!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

The Game

Introducing....Grape!

Post by The Game »

Hey, this is my first ever fanfic thing so don't criticize me yet!! I'm working on it and will post in short rounds. (And by looking at my user name (that you just did now) you lost the game!)

"Peeeeeeeeeaaaannnnnnnnuuuuuuuuttttt!! Rise and shine little pup!!" Mrs. Sandwich called on Saturday morning. Peanut sat up and yawned, flexing his "muscles". He jumped out of bed and stretched, giving a much needed yawn. He grimaced at the taste of his morning breath as he snatched a glance at his alarm clock. 9:45! He thought. I bet Bino and Fox and Rex and Joey never have to get up so early. He shuffled out the door and bumped into his dad in the hallway. Mr. Sandwich held a steaming cup of coffee in his hand. "Morning, little fella!" He said heartily. "Morning , Dad." Peanut yawned in a reply. "Hey, could I have some coffee too?Ya, know, to keep me awake?" Mr. Sandwich chuckled. " Fraid not, squirt. Maybe some other time" He said, ruffling Peanut's fur. Peanut growled. He hated it when his dad called him 'squirt'. After all, he was nearly up to his dad's waist! " How's my little dog doing this morning?" Mrs. S asked sweetly. She poured some Doggie-Os in a big bowl and added milk: Peanut's favorite breakfast cereal. "Tired" Peanut answered through a mouthful of Os. "Why did I have to get up so early?" Mrs. S's smile twitched and she struggled to hold onto it. " Well, your father had to work early this morning, and I wanted him to be here when I told you the news." Mrs. S replied truthfully. "News!! What news???" Surprises always put Peanut on the edge of his seat.

" Well, Squirt, tomorrow we are going to the shelter to adopt a friend for you!" Mr. S announced, stepping agilely over a sea of Peanut's belongings by the door. Peanut's jaw dropped. His ears drooped, his smile vanished, and he suddenly didn't feel very hungry. "What? Y-you're replacing me?" He asked, his lip quivering and his voice and the brink of going into hysteric tears. Mrs. S took a seat next to him. "Of course not, Sweetie. No one could replace you." Yeah, except for my new "friend", Peanut thought miserably. Noticing his dog's morose look, Mr. S shot his wife a look that said 'man-to-dog thing dear'. Mrs. S patted Peanut's puppy head, and tentatively walked out of the kitchen. "Hey, Peanut, we are not replacing you. We saw thought you seemed lonely, and the other pets in this neighborhood.....aren't the best....influence" Peanut immediately thought of the time Bino taught him to chase a cat up a tree and he had gone around, bugging every neighborhood cat for a week. He blushed deeply. "So we want someone with...better taste in activities for you to hang out with." Mr. S finished. Peanut still didn't believe him, but he nodded anyway. "Hey, I'm not feeling to good, I'm gonna go lay down. See ya later Dad." Mr. S sighed. "See you later Peanut."

Back in his room, Peanut flopped on his bed and stifled sobs. "Why would they replace me? Was it because of that spot on Mom's favorite rug? I told them that was just orange juice!" Peanut whispered to himself. Well, there's only one thing to do now. I'm gonna run away. Peanut packed his stuff sparingly. I want to travel light. He decided to leave that night, after all ,tomorrow was when the intruder was coming. Peanut almost cried again, but he restrained himself. Trying hard to be quiet, he tip-toed to the kitchen. The back door was there and he figured it would be better to use that. He was about to twist the doorknob when he heard an almost inaudible gasp. Dreading the sight, he turned to see his mom crying and his dad comforting her. Now Peanut felt crummy, he wasn't trying to make Mom cry! But maybe those are tears of joy.

"PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING????" His dad thundered. "I..was..um...running away..."Peanut replied on the brink of tears. "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT??" Mr. S's face was purple. "Because you don't want me anymore!!" Tears streamed down Peanut's face as he ran to tackle his dad in a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But you don't want me anymore!!" He said, his face burrowed in his dad's shoulder. "Of course we want you Peanut!! We love you!!" Mrs. S cried. The three of them hugged and cried for a brief time, then Mr. S cleared things up. He took Peanut's little sack of stuff, then sat on a chair and put Peanut in his lap. Peanut cpuldn't bring himself to look up. "I-I'm s-s-sorry d-dad." He stammered. "Buut now I-I know-w y-you do w-want m-m-me." Mr.. S lifted Peanut's chin. "I'm glad Squirt. But you know there will be consquences for doing that." Peanut sighed. "Yeah, Dad, I know." Then the Sandwiches left the kitchen to tuck their pet safely in his bed.

Peanut woke up to his parents smiling faces the next morning. He quickly ate breakfast and was the first one in the car. "I've had a change of heart. A....friend would actually be really nice." Mr. S drove to the shelter enduring Peanut's endless chatter. When they finally reached the parking lot, Mr. S hadn't changed the gear when Mrs. S and Peanut were out of the car. That made 2 for 3 of them too excited to sit.

The Sandwiches walked through the large glass doors to the counter. After being instructed to numerous doors, the found a hallway full of abandoned pets. Peanut peered curiously into cage, and was insulted by lots of animals in cages. Soon he stopped dead. "Him. I want him to be my new friend." He stated with finality. Mr. and Mrs. S both looked at the kitten in the cage that Peanut was pointing at. "Yes, she's perfect. But so small and thin. She looks like the size of a grape." Mr. S said worried. After signing papers and having Princess Periwinkle checked for any type of sickness, the Sandwiches led their new cat to the car. "Hi, I'm Peanut, and we got you to be a good influence on me. I know we are gonna be the bestest of friends EVER!!!!

-----------one very long car ride later....----------

Peanut was the first one out of the car, and scrambled to help his new friend out. "Come on! I have to show you my games and my room and my toys and your room and your games and your toys and our house!" He pulled her through the garage door, giving her no time to right herself. "Okay time for the grand tour! Please no flash photography! we will make a stop at the gift shop...later!" She stared blankly at him, then turned and charged away as fast as she could. "You wanna play tag! Okay I'll be it!!" Peanut laughed and chased after her, which made her run faster and with more desperateness.

She ran head first into her new dad, then climbed up to his shoulders. She was panting heavily as she clawed him, staring down at Peanut terrified. "Whoa! Okay, anyone want to tell me what's going on?" Mr. Sandwich said, carefully getting the claws out of his shoulder.
"He....is...too...excited!" the cat said, her first words since being adopted. peanut giggled and raised his arms for his dad to pick him up. "Up! Up, so I can play with my friend!" Sighing, Mr. Sandwich placed the cat down in front of Peanut-who immediately tried to hug-tackle her, but missed thanks to Mr. Sandwich's good reflexes- and made them face each other.
"Okay, Peanut. This is your new friend..." he trailed off, staring at the purple girl. It was obvious she didn't like her name, and most definitely didn't want peanut knowing it. He thought for a moment, then smiled as he got an idea. "...Grape. grape, this is Peanut. You guys are going to have to live together and get along. That means no hug tackling, and no running in the house." Grape mouthed the name, trying it out on her tongue. She shrugged in approval. "Now you guys have some safe, quiet fun." he ruffled both their heads and left them alone in the kitchen. Grape slowly backed away from Peanut, but he managed to get his hug anyway.

"Dinner time you two!" Mrs. Sandwich called. She wasn't expecting to see a very cross looking kitten covered in glitter, or a very happy looking puppy covered in even more glitter come into the kitchen. "What on earth did you two do?!"
Grape pouted and looked at her shiny arm. "It was him." she said. Peanut nodded his head vigorously, making glitter fall to the ground. Mrs. S, not sure if she wanted to hear his explanation, turned to Peanut crossly. "Peanut Butter Sandwich, what have you been doing?"
"I was trying to show Grape my room and he saw the glitter and said 'what's this?' and i said 'that's glitter it makes everything shiny!' so he said 'really? could I see it in action?' and i said 'of course!' and dumped it on his head."
Mrs. S gasped. "Peanut-"
"I'm not done yet. So after i dumped it on his head he said 'what was that for?!' and i said 'you wanted to see it in action!' and he said 'but not on me! well let's see what it looks like on brown fur!' then dumped the rest on me. Then we got in a glitter fight." Peanut dusted some glitter off his eyelashes and snout. "Do we look shiny?" Mrs. Sandwich's eye twitched. "Very, very shiny Peanut. Now let's get this glitter out of both of your fur." she picked them both up, glitter showering down on her arms and the floor, and took them to the bathroom. She put them in the tub, took off their collars, shook off the glitter, then got out a brush and started brushing the glitter out of their fur.

Peanut, who thought this was all very fun, wouldn't stop blowing glitter into his mom's face. Grape on the other hand, was more then annoyed and very embarrassed that she was getting brushed down, standing in a tub, without her collar (which she had gotten during the car ride) with the 'Caffeine in a puppy'. She wanted to strangle Peanut. Peanut blew some glitter at her. "Glitter fight??"
Mrs. S and Grape both glared at him. "No more glitter fights." they said in unison.
Peanut giggled. "How do you talk at the same time like that? Could you teach me?" Mrs. S gave an aggravated sigh, and whispered something to Peanut. Whatever she said got him quiet, and he stopped suggesting glitter fights. But he still blew a fistful of the stuff at Grape when he thought his mom wasn't looking.

The Sandwiches decided to celebrate their new family member with a special dinner of tacos and let the pets eat some.
Peanut ate his food ferociously, while Grape just picked at it.
"Grape, are you okay? You're not eating your special dinner." Mrs. S said, concerned. Grape was silent, then said, "How do I know you won't abandon me again? How do i now this isn't just some act!" She wouldn't look any of them in the eyes. peanut stopped eating and looked at her seriously.
"Grape, I've only known you for 1 little day, but I can promise you that I won't ever -in a kajillion years- abandon you." He crossed his heart with a finger. "Cross my heart."
Grape looked at him coldly, then smiled a little. "And I promise I won't hurt you much if you hug me again. Cross my heart." she crossed her heart.
"Yay! Hugs!" Peanut squealed, jumping up from his chair. He tackled Grape in a hug, grinning. Grape gagged, but didn't squirm. instead, she smiled faintly.
"You know we're gonna be the bestest friends ever, right?" She asked him. Peanut's eyes lit up and he nodded vigorously. "That's why I picked you. I just knew."
Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich smiled at the two, and both cracked a smile when Grape smiled wide at him, but then said, "Great! Now GET OFF ME best bud!"
Peanut didn't even budge.

THE END!
------------------
*crosses fingers*
please like it, please like it, please like it!
Last edited by The Game on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The Game

Re: Introducing....Grape!

Post by The Game »

Moving what was here
Sorry about Posting twice, this is like my second time on the forums and im electronically challenged
Last edited by The Game on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Oops sorry, double post
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

The Game wrote:Oops sorry, double post
Now you made a triple post. :lol:
Make Pasta not war.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I love your avatar
and sorry about too many posts.... :oops:
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

I kinda like it. 'S cute.
valerio

Post by valerio »

this story is really CUTE! It deserves a sequel, why don't you write another chapter? :?
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

An Excellent Story, keep it up!

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

DO more!
DO more!
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hopper200456 wrote:DO more!
DO more!
valerio wrote:this story is really CUTE! It deserves a sequel, why don't you write another chapter? :?
another chapter? that's a darn good idea.....I'll think about it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Game...tell me, you actually ENJOY being punned to no end, do you?
The Game

Post by The Game »

valerio wrote:Game...tell me, you actually ENJOY being punned to no end, do you?
I've made up my mind! I will write a new chapter!
valerio

Post by valerio »

YAYZ! :D :D
*stores away punz*
The Game

Post by The Game »

You guys wanted more, so I wrote more!
Check out the new chapter!
it's not done though, but I hope you guys like it!
I also made a few changes in what was already there, but more grammatical then anything else.
valerio

Post by valerio »

yay!
thank you a lot, Game! I appreciate it much!
Just remember one thing, tho: Peanut thinks Grape's a male. ;)
Last edited by valerio on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

AAAAAAAAAAAAH MORE! :o
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
The Game

Post by The Game »

valerio wrote: Just remember one thing, tho: Peanut thinks Grape's a male. ;)
...i fixed some of that....

And I'm glad y'all like it!
fenning

Post by fenning »

Yay!!! Houspets! Prequel!!!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Awwww I love it! Keep writing!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

fenning wrote:Yay!!! Houspets! Prequel!!!
I hope he remembers, if it's before the comics, then Peanut thinks Grape is a boy! xD That's going to be funny! xD
*Post* *Post* *Usurp The Forums Moderators* *Post* *Post*
The Game

Post by The Game »

Jirodyne wrote:
I hope he remembers, if it's before the comics, then Peanut thinks Grape is a boy! xD That's going to be funny! xD
*ahem*
she, and i fixed most of that....kind of
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

The Game wrote:
Jirodyne wrote:
*ahem*
she, and i fixed most of that....kind of
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/2 ... s-a-no.png
*Post* *Post* *Usurp The Forums Moderators* *Post* *Post*
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hello again!
there's an update!!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Lol, awesome! Heeheee, glitterish Peanut and Grape =3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
valerio

Post by valerio »

glitter fight! :D :D :D
Oh, my they are so ADORABLE! I'm mmmeellltiinnngg
Pretty good job, Game! You caught our favorite couple soooo well!
The Game

Post by The Game »

Thank you!
i needed something cute for them to do, as well as troublesome. glitter was the first thing that came to me. :lol:
The Game

Post by The Game »

Update! And I hope y'all like it!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Haha awesome ! YAY HUGS! :3
valerio

Post by valerio »

This was really...awesome, Game. It has it all, it is fun and touching, and the hug scene ('never in a kajillion years')... SUPER D'AAAAAAWWWWWWW :D :D :D :D :D So IN character with them! I'll need to quote that, one day or the other!
Thank you again for completing it, Game!
The Game

Post by The Game »

You're all very welcome!
And you have no idea how terrified I was that i rushed the end. Thank God y'all liked it