Another bit of fanart

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Two_Twig

Re: Another bit of fanart

Post by Two_Twig »

These are just great :D
Looks like more people are taking a liking to King, which is perfectly understanding *chuckles heartily*
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

understandable

i love you two_twig
ImageImage
ImageImage
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

I love you too >_>
We all share the love...
----
My Devious account...
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Does that mean I get love? I want some love!
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dylan wrote:Does that mean I get love? I want some love!
All you need is love, after all. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
no space
Location: Beyond the Mountains of Madness, in a little place called Home.

Post by no space »

I dunno, I think oxygen is pretty important too. And Cheerwine. Sweet, delicious Cheerwine.
What a beautiful waste-
hangnail whispering, "Let's be lonely together."
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Dylan wrote:Does that mean I get love? I want some love!
All you need is love, after all. :P
You get a cookie for saying that.
Make Pasta not war.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Okay, i apologize for going off topic, but where did Anonymous_Pyro get that video clip back on page one of this topic?? I laughed so long at that! So, never mind. Continue the conversation please :D

hello... echo echo uh... did i scare every one off?
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay, it's not fanart, it's art by Rick, but where else would I put it, really?

http://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/art/H ... -146821482

I was, *unbelievably* umm...for lack off a better term (and non-explicit one) cheezed-off that I had managed to miss out on these. I really, really hope you do another round. I'd even go and actually activate my paypal account for this!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Alex

Post by Alex »

A-awesome..... Cute... and cool... at the same place! That picture rocks!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

They were $16 each? That's pretty budget-friendly for people who are really shy about spending money! :o
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

There really is no animal that Rick draws that i don't like...

but if i had to be picky, it would be a tie between cats, dragons and anything with a beak/wings/talons on it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

mathgrant wrote:They were $16 each? That's pretty budget-friendly for people who are really shy about spending money! :o
I swear, the way that's written makes it sound like he paid you to say it. (Even though I know that's not true)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

GameCobra wrote:There really is no animal that Rick draws that i don't like...
I agree with this. Rick, you are an amazing artist!

GameCobra wrote:but if i had to be picky, it would be a tie between cats, dragons and anything with a beak/wings/talons on it.
What?! Cats!? Dude, Rick is the best cat drawer there is out there. I'm serious. But I agree with the beak thing..... But maybe I think it just because I hate those kinds of animals.
Richarson Valley

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

...Huh.
Judging from when you made that post, you found out just a little bit after I did, Buck. :V
You must have FFFed pretty hard. I know I did.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Actually, it was even worse: I found out...I think it was eight? Hours after he posted the commission info on his DA page.

He posted to FA first, and they were all snapped up by the time he posted to DA.

So I FFFFFFFFFFFFFF'ed like nobody's business. I missed them by so long, yet so short.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:Actually, it was even worse: I found out...I think it was eight? Hours after he posted the commission info on his DA page.

He posted to FA first, and they were all snapped up by the time he posted to DA.

So I FFFFFFFFFFFFFF'ed like nobody's business. I missed them by so long, yet so short.
Yeah, and that's where I found em - FA. :V Pretty FFF-worthy.
Yes I admit it guys I look at Rick's FA. I mean jeez. >x
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

It's not THAT different from my DA
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Come on Rick, I mean, there's a whole letter difference!
Either way I look at FA because DA just runs sloooooooooooooooow for me.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*

http://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/journal/28978254/

AUGH are you kidding me?!?!? Missed Housepets style commissions AGAIN by an even smaller margin! This time I'm 3 hours late for FA and 5 for DA.

Just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF again! That's the problem with trying to get a commission from a good artist. As soon as something opens up, *poof* all the slots are gone like THAT. I swear. If I miss another one of these, I'm going to go all OCD with checking your FA and DA, Rick, so I don't miss another one!
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Now I feel guilty and selfish for having been the first to snag a spot. I mean, think of all of the people, possibly more deserving people with awesomer furry personas, who are upset because they didn't get a space. One of them would have gotten a space had I not have. I'm such a jerk. :(

But then again, I've already paid, and I'm not going to be a jerk and demand Rick return the money and give my spot to someone else. :) Also, I'm too selfish to give my spot up anyway. :P

Bucky, you're a loyal fan with over 600 posts on this forum. Surely Rick should at least reserve a spot for you in the next batch (whenever that is), since you're such a loyal fan. Please? It'll make me feel better about being selfish! :3
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

mathgrant wrote:Now I feel guilty and selfish for having been the first to snag a spot. I mean, think of all of the people, possibly more deserving people with awesomer furry personas, who are upset because they didn't get a space. One of them would have gotten a space had I not have. I'm such a jerk. :(

But then again, I've already paid, and I'm not going to be a jerk and demand Rick return the money and give my spot to someone else. :) Also, I'm too selfish to give my spot up anyway. :P

Bucky, you're a loyal fan with over 600 posts on this forum. Surely Rick should at least reserve a spot for you in the next batch (whenever that is), since you're such a loyal fan. Please? It'll make me feel better about being selfish! :3
Bweehehehe. Thanks. But I do like playing by the rules, hence why I didn't ask for that myself. If it's first come first serve, then so be it! Reserve slots are *just kinda* unfair, (unless a premium is paid) and I don't deserve any special treatment. Besides. Post count means nothing. I mean, lookat Ebbers over there. :P
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

You just have to be fast.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I missed it, too, but even if I was on time, I don't have any money :P. But I definitely can't wait to see the results. The last picture was awesome.
Richarson Valley

mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

I guess the only thing I dislike about this first come first served system is that, since Rick's popular and the thing lasts *only* a few hours, people who just plain don't have access to the internet during those hours, for whatever reason involving having a life (but do Housepets! fans really have those?) are SOL. But maybe I'm overthinking things. :)

Anyway, good luck next time, Buckdida! I'll quit being able to hate myself forever for being one of the rabid fans whose quickness led to your frustration, and that'll be a good thing for everyone. Except for some other fanboy who didn't get a spot. . .

Crap. I guess I'm stuck hating myself forever!! D8

:3
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

glad to see your heads have all come out of the gutter by this point :P.

I shall treat anything Rick draws housepets related as potential cannon (note that I said potential)

so how about the dragon character? he has pants O.o. :P

ok, but seriously, these are almost all pretty cool, keep up the good work all! :)
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Justice193 wrote:glad to see your heads have all come out of the gutter by this point :P.

I shall treat anything Rick draws housepets related as potential cannon (note that I said potential)
I don't know about anyone else, but my character whom I've commissioned Rick to draw has already existed for years, having been created by me with the help of a couple of friends. I don't know that any furry characters created by other people have made guest appearances in Housepets!, and if Rick were to do that, he'd be much more apt to choose the character of someone he's more acquainted with than he is with me, and who's actually a good artist capable of drawing things. I'm pretty sure there are dozens of such people whom Rick knows on deviantART and on Fur Affinity (only the former of which is a site I'd be caught dead posting on). :)
The same guy who said the other quote wrote:so how about the dragon character? he has pants O.o. :P
Pants are fun!
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Justice193 wrote:glad to see your heads have all come out of the gutter by this point :P.

ok, but seriously, these are almost all pretty cool, keep up the good work all! :)
Note that those were commissions and not future or likely members of the Housepets cast.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

mathgrant wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but my character whom I've commissioned Rick to draw has already existed for years, having been created by me with the help of a couple of friends. I don't know that any furry characters created by other people have made guest appearances in Housepets!, and if Rick were to do that, he'd be much more apt to choose the character of someone he's more acquainted with than he is with me, and who's actually a good artist capable of drawing things. I'm pretty sure there are dozens of such people whom Rick knows on deviantART and on Fur Affinity (only the former of which is a site I'd be caught dead posting on). :)
Thus far, only one person's character who is a close RL friend of Rick has appeared in Housepets. No one else is likely going to, due to the stigma and drama it causes.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Buckdida wrote:*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*

http://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/journal/28978254/

AUGH are you kidding me?!?!? Missed Housepets style commissions AGAIN by an even smaller margin! This time I'm 3 hours late for FA and 5 for DA.

Just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF again! That's the problem with trying to get a commission from a good artist. As soon as something opens up, *poof* all the slots are gone like THAT. I swear. If I miss another one of these, I'm going to go all OCD with checking your FA and DA, Rick, so I don't miss another one!

Don't worry Buck...I missed the chance too...muffins and cookies!
Make Pasta not war.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Foxstar wrote:Thus far, only one person's character who is a close RL friend of Rick has appeared in Housepets. No one else is likely going to, due to the stigma and drama it causes.
Yes, I would prefer as little drama as possible on this forum -- drama makes me have to leave forums quite bitterly. :C

On a brighter note, while this fanart has been mentioned before, I'd like to say that I really adore it and its fourth-wall-breakingness. :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

So, Rick said that 2 spots will be open on FA after two hours. Guess you guys missed that too, huh?
Richarson Valley

Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

Foxstar wrote:

Note that those were commissions and not future or likely members of the Housepets cast.
note: I said: "ok, but seriously" directly following that ;)... you've gotta watch me, I can be very tricky with the way I type :).

I would make you all hate me if I ever got Rick to do a commission for me, as I'd get him to draw a human :D.
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Alex wrote:So, Rick said that 2 spots will be open on FA after two hours. Guess you guys missed that too, huh?
... :x
Make Pasta not war.
vorpal

Post by vorpal »

Even though technically, this isn't fan art per se (oh, that gives away who I am!)... I was inspired by the recent sockpuppeting scandal to draw Tiger with his (as of yet unused in Housepets) sock puppet, Socko.
Attachments
Tiger and Socko
Tiger and Socko
tiger.jpg (100.03 KiB) Viewed 15750 times
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

mathgrant wrote:but do Housepets! fans really have those?
I'm taking this as another example of where a thumbs up smilie would be appropriate.

Tiger is so silly. <3
Sketcherofstuff

Sketcherofstuff wrote:Okay, i apologize for going off topic, but where did Anonymous_Pyro get that video clip back on page one of this topic?? I laughed so long at that! So, never mind. Continue the conversation please :D

hello... echo echo uh... did i scare every one off?
I'm sorry for asking, but could someone please at least attempt to answer my question? PLEASE?

Oh, and that tiger drawing is Great! I would be tempted todraw and post my own if my scanner would just work!
Here Comes The Fuzz
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:I'm sorry for asking, but could someone please at least attempt to answer my question? PLEASE?
I apologize Sketcher, sometimes that happens here on the forums. Its not that anyone doesn't want to answer your question, that's not it at all. It could just that no one knows the answer to your question and to avoid filling the threads with a lot of "I don't know" replies they just might not reply so quickly. No one means any disrespect, but keep in mind that everybody can't be aware of everyone else's posts in every thread with the appropriate answer to any given question someone might have. Trust me, it happens to everyone.
----
My Devious account...
Sketcherofstuff

Sure, sure, i'm sorry about that. I guess i expected too much :oops:
(i was sortof hoping that Anonamouspyro would see it, but i haven't seen him around for a while...)
Here Comes The Fuzz
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:Sure, sure, i'm sorry about that. I guess i expected too much :oops:
(i was sortof hoping that Anonamouspyro would see it, but i haven't seen him around for a while...)
His account is inactive.