Housepets Mania!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Hagus

Housepets Mania!

Post by Hagus »

Inhales

Hi! It is I, Hagus, of...the forums...I suppose. For anyone who doesn't look at discord, I have been working with some friends to make a spinoff fan comic called Housepets Mania! What I am coming here for is, for now, asking for some assistance! Me and my friends can art, but we are not full time artists, nor are we great or really even good artists. I came here to ask for any artist who likes to draw Housepets to maybe come help with the project!

Allow me to explain more. Our vision is essentially a really long guest week, with a story line that connects. Different artists can take turns drawing strips, following the script made by the writing team. The product will be a Housepets spinoff comic that is made by fans, and hopefully can tell a good story in the meantime! We aren't asking you to draw countless strips and panels for us. If you want to draw one strip and be done, that's fine! Every strip an artist volunteers to draw makes the workload easier on everyone. It may be weird to see many different art styles in a comic, but I think that is what will make it unique!

What is Housepets Mania!(?)

Housepets Mania! takes place in an alternate dimension in the Housepets! universe! In this dimension, things obviously work a bit differently. To start, every animal (that can walk on 2 legs at least) has some sort of magical capability! This can range from barely any, to being extremely powerful. This is not the result of Celestials giving them power, it is simply a rule of the dimension.

The Game also didn't happen here! Since that took place strictly in what we're currently calling the Canon Dimension (to make it easier on ourselves), that means it never happened in the new dimension! Instead, Joel was born a dog named King.

The last, and most important detail, is that the main cast will be working for a Celestial led organization, tasked with traveling to different dimensions to protect them from any evil that may attempt to destroy or conquer them. The pets and animals will both go on missions, and deal with life in the organization and at home.

Again, this is a FAN PROJECT. We aren't trying to make money off of this, artists will not be paid to make strips. Your payment (if you want to call it that) will be your name or username or whatever you prefer under the strip posted that you did, and your name in the list of contributing artists. We sincerely hope that this works out. If you are interest, please PM me!

Have some sort of concept art! We have 3 artists on board right now, which is why everything looks slightly different. Also, depending on how many artists we have will decide our upload schedule. Thank you and have a good day!

The basic concept art! We don't have a logo right now so text is all you'll get :P

I think it should be easy to tell who this is :lol:

And here is Sasha since we forgot to include her in the main concept art
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Housepets Mania!

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am interested in knowing who the male dog with an eyepatch is first of all. Anyway this does look like a great idea and I look forward to it!
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I initially thought it was Ralph, but Hagus informed me that he was an unnamed police dog that we best saw in the fight between the wolves and Jata.

You might better know him as Bravo from Case: Housepets!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I am looking forward to this. Though, I can't draw simple shapes, much less characters, so I can't help you with that.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’d like to help, but it would be just one more responsibility to the growing pile of projects I have.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well whoever this mysterious eye-patched K-9 fierce stranger is don't kill him off. You can kill off anybody else though. :lol:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

If that's an option I'll draw the backgrounds.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wish yers luck on this project, Hagus. However, like D-Rock, I'm not yet "overwhelmed" but I'm "whelmed".
`sides, the skills and talents you want and need, I don't have. :(

Besta`luck, though. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I would rather just sit back and watch how the story comes out. Also because I have no talent that can help in anyway whatsoever.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hm, this sounds like a cool and interesting idea!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that it can be seen through. There are a lot of things that can throw a wrench into a story like this.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:12 pm I hope that it can be seen through. There are a lot of things that can throw a wrench into a story like this.
We should be able to make the first arc ourselves no problem. We were just hoping to get some extra help for if we get overwhelmed and need a week to take a breath. It's fine though, maybe making the comic will garner more attention.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I can only wish you luck.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We are all hoping you can pull this off. I just wish I could help in some way but you don't need my talents.
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Heyo! Back with an update! We've been doing work on this, I just figured posting a bunch at once would be better especially since recently we've kicked things into a higher gear. We have a tentative release date of the first strip being January 1st 2022, but we are definitely not promising anything :lol:

If you guys have any questions about this project I'd be happy to answer them!

Marvin and Max chilling in their room

(we know Rook's ears are pointy but we forgot until after the concept was done)

Mungo

We had a couple different ideas for Fox
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Very nice, and I see that Rook became a bit of a tech wiz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really wonderful job on this Hagus as it is really awesome! I can't wait to see what ideas you have!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Looks great, Hagus.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kinda miss this one....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe at some point he will end up coming back to it.
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Kinda wish I got to see the art.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

All fan works are a level of ambitious. Sometimes we have to realize when something is too large to manage.

I’m stubborn, don’t be me too often.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was kind of hoping to see more of the one-eyed dog in the comic. I know he wasn't gonna be CHAOKO's Bravo but he reminded me a lot of him.

Plus I could delude myself into thinking that Bravo was still alive. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:21 pm Maybe at some point he will end up coming back to it.
ditto ...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He said he is too busy with his life and school at the moment to come back to this right now. I'm pretty sure at some point he will try to bring it back again.