Please read all of this first post and understand the rules before applying. When making your character sheet please choose a color for your characters Dialogue and thoughts. Provide the code at the end of your sheet and make sure it isn't already being used.
Yorkshire Fields started out similar to its neighboring city, Brookshire Meadows. Unlike Brookshire, Yorkshire took off from it's humble beginnings as fields of farming to the big city that it is now. Most housing in Yorkshire are town houses, apartments, or the second floor of a store. Town houses and Apartments are generally in the same area, surrounding the big park in the center of town. The city park is big, covering about 5 acres of land full of tree's, sidewalks, benches, and a pond.
Map of the Housing Area
Current residents of Yorkshire:
Every character has their own color when they talk, so its easy to tell them apart. Every notable character in the RP is listed here, including non-pet characters. Humans are Underlined, animals who are not main-characters are Bold.
House Rules:Open Characters for anyone to use:
Currently No specific characters, but a general idea:
- Doctor's/Veterinarians -
- Police and Animal Control - Open when they appear, unless specially noted.
- Yukiko (Female, Kishu Inu)
- Bullet (Male, Beagle)
- Tiara (Female, Raccoon)
- Flash (Male, Coyote)
- Cesium (Male, Arctic Fox)
- Phi (Male, Maine Coon)
- Spike (Male, Siberian Husky)
- Kat (Female, Bobcat)
- Mystic (Male, Iberian Wolf)
The Moon Howler:
- Varg (Male, Northern Eurasian Gray Wolf)
- Rion (Male, Cat)
- Arin (Female, Italian Greyhound)
- Alana (Female, Samoyed)
- Konnie (Female, Black Labrador)
- Alexander (Male, Australian Cattle Dog)
- Tuah (Male, Cat)
We have 4 free character slot(s) left!
These are all important, so know them well and memorize them if you are going to be apart of this neighborhood.
Joining Process:- There are 20 character slots Guest characters DO NOT count. After all 20 slots are taken we will become join-by-request. This means that you have to apply and be approved by not only the GM but other members of the neighborhood as well.
- You may have 2 characters and 1 guest character If you want more characters a majority vote will be held by all current members. If majority agree you may have more, but the absolute limit is 4 characters 1 guest (or 3 characters and 2 guests)
- Give others a chance to respond. This is a big issue. Don't go on ahead and leave other characters behind, give them a chance to respond. After two days you may take MINOR control of the character or simply work around them.
- Posting Speed: I would like this neighborhood to have a rather quick posting speed. I'd like people to join who can generally post 4-5 times a day, which isn't hard to achieve. With this said there is no posting limit, just make sure you IRC one on one convo's so you don't fill up the RP. Please do not join if you know you can not be active, there are other neighborhoods with slow posting speeds.
- This is a Democracy, not a Bureaucracy. Unless there's a rule being enforced, or some opposition, anything (within the rating limit) goes. If you want to do something because you think it's fun, go ahead.
- Get on IRC. I am making this a requirement. There is no reason why you can't get mIRC and keep in touch with all the members. It's a great way to talk and keep in touch instead of constantly filling up the OOC with questions. Not to mention 1 on 1 RPing is easy over IRC. mIRC guide If you can't get mIRC, you can use Mibbit.com. After connecting to the gamesurge network simply input the command: /join #YsF
This will take you to the Yorkshire Fields (YsF) chat room.
- Watch the OOC thread. Stuff is constantly being said in here, important announcements, arc ideas, and the like. Be sure to check in often.
Yorkshire Fields Cannon:1. If someone wants to join the neighborhood, they need to post a sheet in the Main OOC and then come in here.
2. You need to post a link to your character sheet in your post along with a color you'd like (Provide the code and make sure it already isn't in use.)
3. Your sheet and color will then be evaluated and rejected or accepted. If I reject it I will tell you what to do to get accepted.
4. After your sheet is accepted you need to get on IRC to show that you can access it.
5. Once you prove you can use IRC, you can go and make your intro post.
When we become Join-by-Request
1. Steps 1-4 from above.
2. After I accept the sheet the majority of current members will have to approve your sheet to be accepted.
================- Pets are more like Pets then other neighborhoods where Pets are more childlike. Yorkshire recently accepted Pet Friendly laws, so owners are still adjusting to the change. What this basically means is that Owners treat their pets more as pets then children. Example: Pets will primarily eat kibble, have pet beds instead of real beds (like children beds). An example for dogs/canids: Being told to Sit, or Stay, being punished by wearing a muzzle, or having to sleep in a kennel etc.
-All pets have rights with the new PF laws. But like mentioned before, everyone is still adjusting and getting used to them. This is why pets are more like pets, then children.
-Before the PF laws were placed(A few months ago) there were leash laws. Now with the new PF laws Pets can roam the city as long as they have a collar with a licensed tag.
-Pets can still be childlike and happy go lucky, it's the owners that act differently.
-Pets moving in from a PF neighborhood are the only exception to this, their owners can act however you want.
- Yorkshire Fields is the big-city, while Brookshire isn't much of a city at all.
- Yorkshire is rapidly expanding, encroaching on the surrounding wildlife, causing an ecological meltdown. Wild animals in the Yorkshire are less friendly and do not socialize with each other anywhere near as much.
Extra Notes and Concerns:
I will be gone for a week on vacation, and as such the RP won't start until I return. This gives everyone plenty of time to make a character or two while I'm gone (make some awesome background stories ;]) But this brings up a lot of issues.
Since I'm gone I won't be able to Approve/Deny Sheets. With the 20 character rule this could be a problem, so while I'm gone the 20 character rule does not apply. As long as you post, saying you want to join, or link to your character sheet, YOU WILL RESERVE YOURSELF A SPOT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. Even if it goes over 20 characters, that's fine.
Just post saying you want to join and you'll guarantee yourself a position. Even if I come back and deny your sheet, you still have a spot and can try again. YOU MAY ONLY MAKE 2 CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME.
To Summarize: Don't worry about the limit, Everyone can apply.
Housing: All the housing circles around the Park, town houses, apartments and then a few stores(A store's second floor can be where you live) All the Townhouses are on 2 streets adjacent to each other, the apartment complex's take up one street and the remaining street is of small business (A small grocery store, a hardware store ETC, they can be anything you want as long as it's practical.)
Stores: If you plan on having your pet's owner own a store, please make a simple layout of the building and have a list of products (it'd be even better if you listed prices). Put the layout and list of products in a post in the OOC and I will make an index for Stores. This way if people go to your store they know what you have and what the store looks like which makes it a lot easier to RP.
Lay-outing Your House: This will be very useful when other character's visit your house. Just make a blueprint of your house to give everyone a general idea of what to see. Just make sure that if you're living in a town house that you know the basic layout of townhouses. Apartments can be lay-outed however you like, just make it practical (Size wise mainly)
Concerning the Canon: So if you didn't understand the Canon, simply put, the owners treat their pets more as 'pets' then say, children. Leashes, Muzzles, using Sit/Stay commands, Primarily Kibble Diet ETC.
My main concern is that, if your character is coming from a pet friendly neighborhood, they can have their owners to be different. BUT they should probably notice the way how other owners act, or not, up to how your owners act.
I just hope everyone understands the canon, if you have questions go ahead and ask them here or join IRC (#YsF) and ask me there.
Help with the Index: The index is going to be a lot of work to keep up on all by myself. I'd greatly appreciate it if when your character started an arc or got involved in an arc, that you post in the OOC with a link to the first post that starts the arc and a small description. It'd probably be best to wait till the arc plays out till the end to index it, to properly put a description.
Muzzles: If an owner is ever going to use a muzzle (punishment for example) please be specific. Is it the kind of muzzle that's a cage, and the pet can still talk, or the kind that straps onto the mouth where they can not speak? Please be specific so others know how to react. You don't want them to try talking to your character when they're 'strapped muzzled' and can not speak.
Your Character(s): Please note in your sheet whether or not they are moving in or already live in the neighborhood. If they're moving, state whether they're coming from a PF neighborhood or not. If your character already lives in Yorkshire, you may want to talk to other people who have characters who already live their as well. Discuss whether or not they'd know each other, be friends, if they'd know each others back story ETC.
I'd prefer it if most character's already lived in Yorkshire Fields(It'd just be weird seeing a bunch of people moving in at once), and since I'll be gone for a week that would give you all enough time to discuss to each other about your characters and if they know each other and such.
Pet Activities: It was brought to my attention that since pets are...pets. That it cuts down on what they could do(Since they won't have things like, video games, skateboards, etc) This is easily compensated with outdoor activities, Catch, Frisbee,Tag, Hide n' Seek, sports and the like. Not to mention you could do things like board games at home, or if your owner has a game console you could always ask to use that.
Living and Stores: Just because you own a store doesn't mean you have to live in the second floor. You can own a store and live in the nearby Apartment complex or a townhouse.