HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC

Post by Buster »

only in 2/3 continuities. the books can be a bit fuzzy with the time line.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Cyber, only Lincoln is there, Thomas is in a store.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I'm actually more curious as to how the headphones are staying on their ears while they're using the revolver.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
22xander

Post by 22xander »

SeanWolf wrote:I'm actually more curious as to how the headphones are staying on their ears while they're using the revolver.
Ear buds, makes it easier x3
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

22xander wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:I'm actually more curious as to how the headphones are staying on their ears while they're using the revolver.
I was thinking it was more along the lines of those airpods or whatever those wireless earbuds are called *chuckles*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hawkfang42 wrote:Cyber, only Lincoln is there, Thomas is in a store.
Oh.

I'll edit it slightly, but Thomas should still be able to hear the Headbanger and Drake's calls.

They're both pretty loud.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:
22xander wrote:
I was thinking it was more along the lines of those airpods or whatever those wireless earbuds are called *chuckles*
Actually, they're supposed to be clipons
Rp characters
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
22xander wrote:
Actually, they're supposed to be clipons
Oh was that NOT directed at Mojave?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Fixed.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Fixed.
You forgot part of it.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Sean, one of us needs to make more characters. The players started out too separated, and Buster and 22 don't have much to do because nobody is in their area.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Sean, one of us needs to make more characters. The players started out too separated, and Buster and 22 don't have much to do because nobody is in their area.
Alright I'll see about making two extra ones to interact with the crew when I get some time today.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

SeanWolf wrote:Ah...honestly I didn't really make a location in the states, to be perfectly honest. It is close to the sea as there are a few docks.
I was thinking Maine, then I noticed that it was zombie-free. Then Vermont, and I realized that wasn't by water, how about NY?
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the coastal portions of that state are dominated by long island and New York City though. so we'd have to be up near lake ontario.

also, Really xander? given your species average land speed and your and agility score it should have taken you 15 minutes to cross that distance, if it was a straight line and you were running full tilt. how did you get there that fast, at the pace you described, over rough terrain?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Buster wrote:the coastal portions of that state are dominated by long island and New York City though. so we'd have to be up near lake ontario.

also, Really xander? given your species average land speed and your and agility score it should have taken you 15 minutes to cross that distance, if it was a straight line and you were running full tilt. how did you get there that fast, at the pace you described, over rough terrain?
1 parcore style skills

2 I didn’t mean to say that it didn’t take very long, less than an hour surely, but like.. at some point. I needed to bump into them somehow, because I needed to like.. do stuff. *shrrug*
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Apologies for the radio silence here. Real Life got in the way of all sudden in regards to my job so I haven't had time to work on this. I do want this to be successful but I do realize that I need to contribute as well. So give me a couple or so days and this RP will be back on track :)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it's fine, i still have no idea what to do with xander appearing out of nowhere. until i can figure out what to write there i'm stuck regardless of whats going on with anyone.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Head's up, Buster. I'm going to be introducing a character who you'll be able to interact with. And he's an interesting one.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Character Sheet:

Name: Zachary (Zach for short)
Talky Color: Dull Reddish Greenish
Animal: Human Zombie
Height: 5' 11"
Status (Survivor, Exotic, or Military): Survivor Sort of?
Faction (Only if your character is part of one from the outset): Unknown

Appearance: (What they wear and such)
Zach's appearance is largely a mystery. He is never seen without basically all of his body covered. He claims to have a skin condition that causes him to blister easily in the sun. As a result, he wears a patched up red hoodie with the hood always covering his head. Very little of his face is ever visible, as he keeps the lower half of his face hidden under a bandanna, and the upper part of his face constantly under a large pair of sunglasses. He wears gloves that tuck under his hoodie sleeves, and cargo pants that are in oddly good shape. No matter what he's wearing, though, he always smells like death.

Underneath the clothing, Zach has an appearance typical of someone who's been dead for months. At one point, Zach was a rather handsome businessman with smooth, jet black hair, hazel eyes, and a subtly pointed chin. Now, however, little remains. Under his bandanna, his lips have been torn and rotted away. A chunk of his cheek apparently had been shot off, and a chunk of his nose is missing. Under his sunglasses, one of his eyes remains and could be mistaken for a full human's eye, but the other, hidden behind an eyepatch, is milky white and always threatening to fall out. Under his hood, chunks of his scalp and hair are missing, with his skull showing underneath. Zach's skin is covered in wounds, some of them grievous. These include a rather large bite wound at the base of his neck where it connects to the shoulder. He used to wear the red so people wouldn't see his bleeding, but he now hasn't got the blood to shed.

Background: (History before Z-Day and what they were doing during the outbreak)
Zach doesn't remember much of his life before Z-Day (dying tends to make one forget things) but he assumes he was some kind of businessman when the zombie virus hit. When he woke up, he found his niche rather quickly searching and scavenging the city and wilderness to find supplies to trade that others would not be able to get themselves.

Personallity: (How they act and such)
Zach is a rather shy individual at first, but he becomes somewhat more sociable when he realizes you have something he would like to trade for. He is willing and able to help most survivors with their tasks provided it is either for a very good cause, or they are willing to pay him. He seems to have some kind of disorder, however, as certain things like the smell of blood or raw meat will apparently distract him, and cause him to fumble with his words.

When he encounters the scent of blood or raw meat, his brain starts to regress into a more feral state. He never goes full on aggressive zombie on people, but it can get rather odd. This state will continue until he has eaten raw meat.

Other Notes: (If your character has any thing interesting about them you like to bring up)
Zach has a number of remarkable skills that allow him to scavenge the best items to trade with. The undead appear to ignore him. He says that it is because he has made himself smell like them. He has apparently no fear of the zombie virus.

If you're looking at this, then you ignored the spoilers and just looked anyway. What's even the point of spoilers... Anyway, as you no doubt saw from sneaking a look at the other spoilers, Zach is a zombie. When the zombie virus hit, one of the undead bit him and tore a chunk out of his neck. It did not kill him straight away, but he became infected. He endured 20 hours of painful disease before finally his heart stopped. Four hours later, the virus reanimated his brain. Unlike with most zombies, however, for some reason the zombie virus didn't control his brain, and didn't completely destroy his frontal lobe like it normally does. The virus had reactivated not just his basic instinctive brain, but some higher functions as well. Zach has since been trying to see if he can find a cure that will restart his heart. As such, he favors medicine and medical equipment as trading items.

Special Skill: (If your character has some sort of special skill, like mechanical or what not. Depending on the skill, you may also get a +2 bonus to one of the main stats)
Zombie Stink (Undead ignore this character)
Immunity (The infected can't be infected again!)

Stats:
Str: 4
Per: 8
End: 6
Cha: 5
Int: 5
Agi: 4
Luck: 10
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Tweak the name a bit (Zedekiah is a BIT too on the nose given what he is :P ) and he can be welcomed in!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It's a legitimate name, but OK. His name is Zach now.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

heh Ok. He can join :)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

At least it's not naming the protagonist of a first person found footage film "HUD".
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Head's up, Buster. I'm going to be introducing a character who you'll be able to interact with. And he's an interesting one.
You do know the girls would be able to smell him coming and would actively avoid him right?
human sense of smell is well below average, and mammals, particularly predators are frequently above average at that sense. we're kinda a freak species in that regard. so if zombies can tell what he is they certainly can.

which basically puts me in the position of not being able to respond without breaking character, as what would have been in character, would have been spear to the head before he got close enough to get a good look at him, or keeping their distance and hiding from him. neither results in a conversation.

besides the problem isnt a lack of other players, it's not having a clue how to deal with the one i've already found. I still haven't been able to come up with a response to Mojave that doesn't immediately have them splitting up because they're headed in opposite directions.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Edited things a bit. Go ahead and throw the spear if you want. He'll dodge it from his distance and start yelling that he's a merchant and not to attack him, showing that he isn't a "real" zombie.

Besides, he can easily explain as is mentioned in his sheet that he covers himself in zombie scent so the undead will ignore him.

This is a character who is going the same way your characters are: To town where he can sell or trade his stuff.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Honestly, while the idea was fun and all, there just aren't enough active forum users who like this sort of thing for it to be enjoyable, it just ended up too slow… this roleplay is dead, and in my eye, I seem to be the culprit. I would say that I am leaving the roleplay, but it seems that there's not enough left to consider it leaving. I guess this is finally my farewell to the roleplay.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You're not the culprit.

We started with five players. It takes 4 for the game to be viable. 22xander vanished without a word. Not the first time he's done this. He played BoH for a bit, then vanished for over a year.

Then Buster left the forum. That left us with only 3 players. I was never super enthusiastic about this game, joining mostly to help Sean with ideas.

Nobody else wanted to join, so this game didn't really have much hope.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Honestly? Looking back, I agree. I think the biggest issue was the premise as...well, Zombie Survival just really doesn't make sense as a Forums RP and honestly works much better as a video game. I enjoyed what did occur in this RP but, yeah, it's pretty much dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

it's always a shame to see things like this, but hey, it was worth a try, or you could always maybe try looking for more players.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I posted in the main ooc that we were looking for players, but didn't get any takers.
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's a shame. Well, if you guys have reached the final decision for this RP, let me know.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

well, looks like it's time to close this RP, for now, if you would like to reopen it in the future, feel free to let me know. It's been a good try.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

We've tried to resurrect it... (pun not intended... ok, maybe a bit intended...) but didn't have much luck.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Yeah. It was a good idea, but zombies just don't really translate well to a RolePlay, tbh.